Promenade and Nec'perya

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

silke_rahn
Regular

Promenade and Nec'perya

Post by silke_rahn »

After staying a few days at Resker's Farm the company of Nedylene Rahn head for the Promenade. The local surface Drow, Nedylene's guards, and Calia's party head for the passages that will lead them to the Promenade. Adain acts as their guide as he is in the service of Qilué Veladorn the high priestess of the Promenade.

"Adian I believe since you are in Lady Veladorn's service you should lead us to the location of the Promenade. I will admitt that I have not been there for a long time. It has been many years since my time at the Promenade," said Nedylene.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

A large drow in heavy, spiked armor approached and gripped his spear in his shield hand, saluted and said, "I'ma Dorl'veszaun, a paladin o' that kelemvor, y'all need 'nythin'?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

everyone seamed joyous in the promenade, more so than ususal. today was a special day, for it was The High Hunt of fall. some of the youngest would be taken to the lands of light for the first time.

her thoughts drifted as she sat down to listen to Alylin's lecture about the surface. Zarae was going to see the surface for the first time. she had read tomes of the surface during her wean years about it, but tonight she would see them personally. her thoughts then drifted to the past. she thought about her birth city, Lith My'athar and especially her twin brother and how he would love to see the surface world. somehow, they had been the closest most drow get to what can be called a real friends. she actually missed days sneaking out of the house and exploring the city, despite getting in trouble numerous times. since her recent arrival she had been a bit of an outcast among others her age. most the young drows looked down at her because she had been raised in a Llothite city of a noble house, a house now destroyed. she tried to not let it bother her.
today was to be a fun and adventurous day.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

((Ok, guess what we do here is have a story line that picks up after Nedylene's party gets to the Promenade.))

Nedylene came out among the gathered Drow her daughters trailed behind her. She smiled that everyone gathered to celebrate something she had taken for granted for a long time. You see Nedylene was Surface Born. Her late mother's Moon Shard was built in the caldera of an extincted volcano in the Nether Mountians of the Silver Marches. Nec'perya d'l'Drathir was her family's holding since the family trekked northeastward after the fall of Miyeritar to Aryvandaar in the First Crown War.

Nec'perya gave its Drow a taste of both the Surface World and the Underdark. The fact it was isolated from the rest of the Underdark cities made it a safe place for followers of Eilistraee. Lolth's foul touch could not taint it or its people.

Now having arrived at the Promenade several weeks ago she took time to rest from the procedings of the gathered Argent Maids. Qilue' had requested all High Priestesses and other leaders of Eilistraee's Drow to come to the High Temple of the Promenade so that the Dark Maiden could talk to her voices on Abier-Toril in person or at least through her leading voice Qilue' Valedorn (Not sure on the spelling of Qilue's last name.) Unlike Qilue' Nedylene had been born into a Noble family that had not betrayed Eilistraee or the Seldarine and remained loyal.

"What did our loyalty get us," mused Nedylene not seeing the young Drow Jabbress near by, "nearly destroyed after the Valsharess' War and harassment on the Isle of Elben Aator. Only in Nec'perya or here are we safe from those that hate us for our ancestry. I am likely the only Ilharess in the service of the Dark Maiden and I am often looked at with hatred by those I wish only to help..."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt watched the two, and smiled at Nedylene, "But that destruction has made the survivors strong, you have all banded together tighter than any other drow community I have seen, in all my centuries of wandering. This city is most amazing, Milady."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"Bel'la dos, Zazzt, you have been a good traveling companion since my return to the mainland. I sometime forget what my family and its allies and retainers have built in the face of the challenges we have faced since my ancestor the first Nedylene took us from the ruins of Miyeritar to the extincted volcano that is now Nec'perya. We built a city devoted to Eilistraee there. We even made a refuge for our people on the surface of this world. Only I see and fear the dark times that are coming on the horizon." Nedylene said as she watch the gayity around her as young Drow that never have been to the surface gathered to venture up. "One of Eilistraee's blessing and more often than not I think a curse on me is that I see things that may come to pass. I also remember my deaths and resurrections. I have been killed many times since coming into her service. I am happy serving her, but times sometimes lead me to a mild meloncholy. My greatest blessing though are three strong daughters and two equally strong sons. I don't care that they share the blood of a human in Delia's case or a Sun Elf in Elfie, Ingrid, and Woldemar's case, or a Wood Elf in young Arolan's case. My children have grown in to fine young women and men."

She looked over her four half-drow offspring and the adopted half-drow daughter she saw as her own in spirit if not blood. Then she smiled a bright glowing smile at them. "Yes I am blessed," she said.
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(im not too familure with the layout and such of the promenade. i dont know where to find that info and its not helpful to google it...lol. correct me if im wrong in anything. im still trying to figure out this type of RP. if i am typing outta of order or messin up the thread let me know.)

it was near what the surfacers called evening. some of the ladies were preparing for the Evening Song. as Zarae followed the others she noticed a few people talking. one particular had what could have been daughters. but she notice they appeared different, half drows? she had never seen any before. her curiosity almost over ruled her reasoning, an occurrence that often got her into trouble, but she heard a called to hurry.
Xullrae, one of the priestess, gathered the young drows together.
"im not sure how many of you have actually traveled through portals. you may experience a some nausea after arrival. the world is different there. so be prepare."
Xullrae lead them to the room containing the portal they were to use. many were so full of excitement they could barely contain themselves. the priestess traced a deft, magical pattern in the air with the fingers of one hand. the room glowed with a dull blue light, and the portal became active.
"where is our destination?" one, slightly large female asked.
"the Maiden's Glade" she responded and motioned for the first to enter.
after everyone, it was Zarae's turn. she was nervous about the portal, as she was skeptical and leary about things dealing with divine magics, a subject she did poorly in back in her birth city during the early years. Her desire and adventurous spirit finally won her over and she stepped through.

The sick feeling that followed the magical travel faded quickly, and the drow rose slowly to her feet.
having shaded her eyes with her piwafwi, she raised her gaze slowly to the sky, though Zarae was less worried about the brightness as the others, for she had a measure of light adaptation.
vast and endless the sky, it was a canopy as brilliant as the black sapphires that drow loved. The moon, round and brilliant white, was just barely peeking out from behind the distant hills. Dotting the sapphire sky were thousands of lesser lights that to her eyes showed not only white, but host of other colors unfamiliar to her.
'If this were night how bright could it possibly be with the coming of dawn!' she thought.
Oddly enough, she experienced none of the fear or loathing she had been taught she should feel. All she felt was a consuming lust to see such wonders with her own eyes and adventure these lands.
Breezes wafting past carrying the whiff of delicious roasting meat drew from her contemplations. and she joined the others by the fire.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene joined the young Drowlings along with her three daughters. They passed through the portal. They having done similar things before experienced less of the disorientation and nausea than those that had never or rarely passed through such artifacts.

Nedylene stood by her daughters letting her eyes adjust. After they accustomed themselves to the light she noticed some of the ones that have never seen the suface of Abeir-Toril winch at the touch of the Sun's rays on their skins as they also squinted at the brightness.

"Drowlings, I came with you along with my daughters because of the Drow gathered at the Promenade this cycle I and they are of the few with actual life long experience in the Night Above, though it is actually early morning now." She stepped over and helped a young jalil (female) put on her cloak and pull up its hood, "Dalniniln and Dalninukn (Sisters and Brothers), put on you cloaks and put their hoods up till you get more used to the light. Also don't look directly into the Sun as its brightness will burn your eyes and may leave you sightless."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Lol, dnt worry so much, just go with the flow, and you'll be fine :), worked quite nicely for me ;)

IC: Zazzt nodded, "Ah, I fear you give me to much praise, I simply aided you in reaching this wonderful place. I can understand your haste in reaching it." He shrugged, "I used to believe that drow like myself, who do not follow the Spider Queen," He raised his hand, fingers curled upwards, "should follow other gods, and gain enough power to break free, perhaps the only true chance of redemption for the drow lies with Elistraee... In any case, while I may not see the forecoming doom that you speak of, I will gladly stand with you and the other followers of Eilistraee against it."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(lol. its fine, i just was curious...) (should i say: during the night...)

Zarae was so amazed at the smells, sounds and colors. she walked up to what looked to be related to one of the giant shrieker mushrooms used as alarms for Houses. She remembered drawing in the tomes of these plants.
'this must be a tree,' she thought to herself, 'i wonder if it screams.'
She placed her hand on the bark of the trunk.
'guess not.' slightly disappointed.
By the fire gathered the ladies, the drowlings, and even a few males; music, singing and dancing began. The music was familiar, with an eerie, haunting melody and intricate layers of rhythm. The pure, silvery tone of the pipe was new to her, but the style was unmistakably drow.
Zarae looked up at the tree and began to climb. their wasnt much of handholds on the thick pinetree and she lost grip the first attempt. Determined, she activated her house insignia, and began climbing like a spider. She reached the lowest thick branch that would hold her and looked out into the horizon.
Everywhere she looked was green, bright and vivid in the brilliant light of the rising moon. In the distance she saw smoke rising from the tree line. A call from below warned her that the Hunt was about to begin. She looked back twords the fire to notice the drow and the younger half drow females she'd seen before entering the portal had joined in the festivities. She wondered if she should strike up conversation with them or not. But considering how most treated her, she decided against it.
'better let them enjoy this, I'll find my own fun.'
She watched as the ladies danced. she never remembered such joy from anyone back when she still resided in her House, even when being whipped by her wean mother.
It wasnt long before white stuff began falling. She reached out to catch it in her hand, but it became water, ice cold water. More fell and she began to be a bit chilled. Zarae climbed down the tree and walked over to the fire with the rest of those who hadnt gone off into the woods. she loved fire. it could hypnotize her if she let it. throwing back the cowl of her piwafwi, let her red streaked silver hair fall around her face.
Taking her gaze from the fire, she asked the lady, "what is this?" holding her hand up with some that landed in her palm.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene smiled a patient and happy smile then answered, "That is snow young Dalninil. I am Nedylene, how are you called?"
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

'snow' she repeated to herself. the tomes talked about different weather patterns and climates but books can only tell you so much.
she looked back to the lady, "Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar of second house of...." just like she been drilled to respond, then remembered, "well of no house now. i normally go by Zarae. are you from the promenade or from the surface? i dont recognize you or the others that were with you. what other lore might you know?"
so many questions then assaulted her curious mind to ask but she held off.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"I am Nedylene, I would say that I am the Ilharess of House Vrinn, but that house died long ago and was reborn on the Isle of Elben Aator as the House of Rahn. I renamed our house for the Rivvil my mother married long after the death of my natural father," Nedylene looked at the Jalil to see if she would get her usual reaction when she revealed that she led a Noble house on the surface. "We are and for most of our history been upperdark or surface dwellers. Our main hold is in the caldera of an extinct volcano in the Nether Mountains of the Silver Marches. There we have the small town of Nec'perya d'l'Drathir and its undercity. In that crater we raise cattle, wheat and barely. On Elben Aator the conditions are great for growing grapes so we vint wine and grow table grapes too. There I have a position similar to that of Qilue's for the Promenade. Being the Argent Maid of Lunar Temple is what I am more proud of than being Ilharess of House Rahn. Being my children's mother I am prouder of than that. I have four nearly adult children and one adolesent child. All of them are half-Drow. Delia my oldest is adopted and part human. Elfie, Ingrid, and Woldemar are half-Sun Elf, and Arolan whom I named for his father is half-Wood Elf."

Nedylene looks across the clearing toward the other Drow and the Drowlings both full and half-blooded, "I once was a Cleric-Figther of our Maiden's, but now I have come to work with nature on the Isle and am a Cleric, Ranger, Bard and Arcane Archer. I come along on the Hunts like these mostly to lend aid to any Drowling that gets injured and to teach anything I know that may come useful for the young ones for survival. I am used to snow, (she uses the nearly forgotten Drow word for it, korit'al.)"

She wears a form fitting high quality breast plate over a catsuit of chain mail sewn to leather. The armor is black with both sea and sky blue trim. The crest on her shield is an intricate Elven knot design in her house colors. One her hip is a weapons belt holding her longsword and two daggers. Her bow is a quality composite longbow made of zalantar and other rare woods and materials. Then a closer examination reveals a compactly made firepowder handweapon hanging from her belt in an open topped pouch design to carry the weapon at a cant for easy and quick drawing. The leather strap that retains the weapon in its pouch is worn but cared for. Like the rest of her weapons this one looks like it has seen much use. Also hanging from pouches on her belt are a flute and a three piece set of eating utinsils.

Nedylene's hair is whitish blond with silver highlights. Her eyes are icy light blue and her skin is obsidian black. She is one of the tallest Drow females around. Nedylene stand about five and a half feet tall. She has a lithe muscular build like a panther. A two tone gray Timberwolf is always either at her side or near by.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(do i need to describe the physical appearence of my character for this story? i drew up a character concept in the outta character page...or i can do it here too if need be)

Zarae listened intently, ignorant of many things but still interested, as Nedylene talked. she was greatly surprised that someone from a Noble house had forsaken Lloth and followed the Dark Maiden, especially a female. she greeted Nedylene's daughters and allowed her to do most of the speaking.
the night continued on, most of the 'hunters' had returned from the woods.
"tonight was a good night, no one injured and all the ladies were successful." she overheard from another priestess.
the snow fell harder as night progressed. Zarae enjoyed playing and dancing in the snow. she figured out that if she balled it up, it could be thrown like a missile. of course she picked a lady who didnt share the humor to practice her 1st throw. she heard a laugh behind her. she apoligized and went back to having fun and listening to stories.
venison was passed among the gatherers around the fire and stories were swapped for drink. a younger male took up his flute and began to play a soft melody. in the distant horizon the tiniest shading of light limned the dark outline of distant mountains. A surface dweller would not even have noticed it, but the dark elves saw it clearly. Zarae noticed the sky was starting to change color. The wondrous, vivid midnight blue was fading away to luminous silver.
in her periphial she saw Nedylene helping some of the young drow with their piwafwis and talk to the many gathered to see the sunrise...
((heres where we pick back up to present?))
((quoted from earlier)): "Drowlings, I came with you along with my daughters because of the Drow gathered at the Promenade this cycle I and they are of the few with actual life long experience in the Night Above, though it is actually early morning now." She stepped over and helped a young jalil (female) put on her cloak and pull up its hood, "Dalniniln and Dalninukn (Sisters and Brothers), put on you cloaks and put their hoods up till you get more used to the light. Also don't look directly into the Sun as its brightness will burn your eyes and may leave you sightless."

off to the side Zarae noticed another drow ((i think Zazzt's here. i dont know how to discribe him...))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the top rim of the sun crested the eastern horizon. The sun climbed higher as the minutes passed. Tears began to roll out of many of the young squinted eyes. rays assaulted the drow elves’ eyes with the fury of fire, tearing into orbs unaccustomed to such sights. slowly one-by-one they began to take shelter till at last the 4 were left staring into the sunrise. many could see nothing beyond the blinding glare of that terrible ball of fire. The sun continued its ascent and the last of the drowlings could not endure. Xullrae had been preparing to open the portal to bring them home.
down futher in the cave came an unusual sound. to their sharp hearing, it was clear. a male cleric signed for everyone to stay put as he drew his sword and walked to the back of the cave.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~