Alone in the city of intrigue I find my Destiny through Lloths Twisted web.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Alone in the city of intrigue I find my Destiny through Lloths Twisted web.

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

Ilmra Despana was in a wretched position

Her elder sister held far more favor with the matron mother, and her plots to discredit her, so often ended in disaster.

Her own clerical magic was still relatively weak as Lloth did [i:2jdqeo11]not[/i:2jdqeo11] seem to look upon her with Full Favor.

She had been given increasingly more wretched jobs recently, and Males, commoners, even [i:2jdqeo11]slaves[/i:2jdqeo11] did not treat her with quite the respect she knew she was due... They sensed she may not be long for the world.

Her houses position as 37th was hardly that lofty, but Ilmra knew she had worked loyally for her house... but alas... now her loyalty to her matron mother, her house... even... even the Queen of spiders was waning.

And Lloth could sense that doubt...

but so could another...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Re: Alone in the city of intrigue I find my Destiny through Lloths Twisted web.

Post by Bhaern Quel »

In the room in which you have taken haven, considering the shadows of your life. A mind touch reaches your mind. "There is a way for you to be greater then the Matron. The favor of the Son is offered to you."
A shadow appears to grow a little darker in the corner of the room.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Blinks not sure what shes seeing nervous but responds.

knows that she should respond with derision or denunciation of such Blasphemy against lloth but... that is not what emerges from her lips because its not what is in her heart.

"And what... what would he ask of me?" she is nervous of that, but her tone betrays a deep and genuine interest...
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"A return to the Night above shall be your Dream" The shadow reaches toward you like a blanket. "In return you shall have protection from the Mother. The way is not all easy but the way is better for you."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

blinks at that confused "I would flee to the surface?" Asks puzzled for a moment, "How could I act as Vhaurens agent from the surface? " trying to be sure she understands.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Hush daughter, the Night Above is the Dream. That is to come. You will be there in time. The now is to watch and aid your Brothers and Sisters when then need comes. There will be a home in the Night above later."
The shadow flows toward you like a cloak.
"I will keep you safe and you will be my eyes here for now. In time you will open trade with the Night above."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

She nods, a nod that shifts into a bow "So be it, I pledge my loyalty to you Vhauren, Masked Lord God of thievery" shivering a little knowing that now she is commiting a capital crime... but does feel it may be the only way to better herself, and maybe just maybe, she'll make a better priestess of the masked lord then of Lloth, and he'll lead the drow people to a better path
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Rest for now. Continue your normal activities. I will visit you from time to time, I will always be watching over you Daughter."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

bows "I feel safe in your shadow my Lord" assures him feeling comfort in his dark embrace..."

pauses then asks

"If I may dare" she says trembling a bit

"To trouble you with my Petty Mortal affairs, my sister she is a more direct rival, I want to RUIN her, to discredit her utterly" Seeths as she even THINKS about her elder sister...

"But while that is Selfish, I think it is true that our rivalry could prove a distraction that is... inconvenient to you my lord" Bows lows.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The shadow reaches to you, providing you cover and a sense of protection. "The sister shall succeed because you will aid her - for a time. The Matron will cast her down because her successes. You will tell your sister that you have found a way for her to defeat the 38th House, a secret entrance that will give your House a quick victory. All you will ask of your sister is the Master of arms of that House for the little assistance you have provided your Sister. The rest of the Glory shall be hers as is her right by being the eldest and the next Matron of your House.
This victory should cause your sister to bother you less, because her power will grow. As your sister's power grows the Matron will trust your sister less and watch her more closely. Your sister will have less time to worry you, for she will need to worry more about the Matron."
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

grimaces disliking the thought of helping her sister at all... even if it is ultimately to set her up, but sees her masters wisdom, and refuses to argue with him.

bows again "Very good my lord"
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Daughter, I will be with you. Now to show you what you have seen to tell your sister." The shadow flows to your whip and toward your body covering you with comfort. A vision appears in your mind as if you had cast divination spell in order to learn the secrets of the House to be attacked. The Shadow then slides from your body, though your whip still holds a trace of it. "I remain with you, your shield and protector. There will also be friends when you might need them. Go to your sister at a normal time and tell her what you discovered. Make your request for the Master of Arms if he survives the attack. She might grant it to you. If not do not worry. My Mother will not know of us together, the shadows I weave protect you."

The shadows seem to fade to normal of the room, however you still feel that the protection is with you.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Stands with a confidence she has not felt in years...

bows low one last time and goes standing with a pride that any who note her might see, she carries a poise she hasnt in years...

Turns to Harget, her Bugbear bodyguard when she leaves her chambers.

He is a little surprised to see her so unexpectedly, but follows her closely always knowing that she could be attacked at any moment, but is soothed somewhat by his mistresses new confidence, isnt certain what to make of it but hopes it means he will not be tortured to d eath for failing to protect her... he knows the matron would do that, out of propriety if her daughter died... even if she didnt really think much of her.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Balbreena, the eldest sister of the House considers her current position, Ilmra has been reduced to almost a slave in view of the Matron because of her interference. So far all is going well. There though is also the knowledge of the blood power that flows in both veins. As long as she believes she is less, all is good and she will suffer her whip in stead of the Matron's who should have died a few years ago.
Glances to the collected items of magic collected over the years. Maybe it it is time to kill Mother and take control of the House in own right. The House though is weak still, becoming a Major House requires power. There is not enough yet. Maybe a link of help will come. Combining or defeating another House certainly would be good.
Maybe that Merchant guild, ranked maybe 55 I might be able to do. That though does not do me or the House much good. What few assets acquired would barely pay for the cost of the assets used.

There must be a better answer. She calls out to her servants. "Bring me that Eleven maid we captured" Time to sacrifice to Lolth. The Queen will provide the answer.

"Call for Ilmra as I require her aid."
The servants and slaves so seek out Ilmra to tell her that Ilmra is requested to report to the temple.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Ilmra will report dutifully her bodyguard by her side, her whip coiled around her arm...