A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator - Part 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

" I am a healing priestess of Eilistraee's," said Nedylene. "I once was on the path to be a Divine Champion, but changed my vocation to include Ranger and Bard. Now I am an Arcane Archer along with my clerical duties. When I travel I always have healing spells readied and in a pinch I can turn one of my other divine spells into healing spells." She advanced to look over the others for any wounds from Calia's Alchemical weapon.
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt nodded, "Fair enough," He winked, "It never hurts to check. My relatives could do the same, but turn their spells into ones that inflict wounds, and so they had to prepare any healing they might want to bestow. Not that it happened very often. People of value did not need healing."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adia's eyes were unfocused and stared straight ahead, but they dialated when light was shone on them. Though a few shards of metal and goo had struck him, the wounds were minor. The concussion, however, had rendered him senseless.

After a few moments he blinked and stared around.

"What...where...?"

His head was spinning and he was unable to focus on anything in front of him.

Then he saw Nedylene's face over him.

[i:be3u7wkm]"Ihar?"[/i:be3u7wkm]
Last edited by Adian Novar on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"Nau, Usstan am not even your Ilharess my boy, but I am a priestess of Eilistraee and will heal this for you."

She begins by removing as many of the pieces of schapnel as she can see. Then she accesses the wounds some more before praying and casting the correct wound curing spells. As the spells go to work those pieces of the grenade's case that she couldn't pull out with the tweezers from her healing kit began to pop out and fall to the floor of the tunnel.

Looking over to Calia, "What was that device?"

Calia looked back and then down the tunnel in each direction, "That was a fragmentation grenade from home. It is a thrown ranged weapon. Lucky you man there wears decent body armor. If he were in lighter material I think you would be raising him from the dead instead of just using your healing magic on him."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

As his senses began to return to him Adian became quite still, letting Neylene work on him. His wounds responded quickly to her healing spells, and he was shortly whole again--barring a few small holes in his armor.

"Forgive my foolishness," he said. "I obviously have a great deal to learn."

He looked over the rapidly dissolving remains of the cube.

"That thing..." he said. "It shouldn't have been here. The beast that Ilhar...Lady Veladorn defeated here was a deity of slimes and molds. Like that creature. They have always avoided any place the Promenade sisters regularly used ever since."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at Calia, "A grenade? I have never heard of this device, and I know quite a few Gondmen, perhaps you should let me examine it? I think there is much use a device like that would have in this world."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

CALIA:

"Well I know not the way of making grenades, but they are issued as part of our defenses when we go patrolling or are guarding crossplane expeditions." Calia looked at the Sorcerer or Mage, "Yet I suppose if one of those that worships Grond were to come across one and was successfull in taking it apart without blowing himself up, he or she cold examine one to see how it was made."

Nedylene:

"Well that is all good speculation, but I think we should get back on our way to Qilue's and the Promenade."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Agreed," Adian said. "It's not much farther now. It should be easy from here."

And indeed it was. The passage sloped dowards, twisting and turning slightly, but finally widening into a high cavern. The place itself was only as small as a small house, but its ceiling soared high above. Crystals sparkled in the ceiling, shining with moonlight somehow filtering down from the land above. At their feet was a wide vein of clear crystal that dove an unknown depth into the earth below.

Adian waited until everyone was in the cavern before he began to rummage through his pack. As the party found space in the room, Adian pulled a scroll if fine vellum from a case of bone and cloth.

"It's almost time," he said, well aware that for the moment this was his show. "When I finish, we will be riding the moonlight and enter into the Chamber of Welcome. From there I can show you the House of Song where you will see and hear things you may never have before. Let me be the first to welcome you to the doorstep of the Promenade."

He looked up at the ceiling, waiting. Only a few more minutes.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt bowed deeply to Calia, "I thank you Mistress." He pulled out a thin stick of ash, with a red stip of paint running down its side, "This here is a wand of fireballs, I made it myself, it is still mostly unused, I fancy it can replace your grenades one of these times." He held it out for Calia, "I think almost 50 fireballs is a fair trade for a single grenade?"

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Just a few more minutes...

Adian began to unroll his scroll.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at Adian, "What is the hold up? Is your teleport spell not working? Describe the place to me, and I can take us there." Under his breath he mumbled, "Gods willing."

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

To ensure better success with the teleport Nedylene gestures to the others to gather closely, "My Dalninuk Adain, is everything all right?"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"You can't teleport there," Adian said. "The Promenade is in Undermountain. Ordinary measures won't work. The Lady created this method for us to come and go."

He finished unrolling the scroll and began to read aloud. The language was ancient, a dialect of the dark elves before their fall. It was unlikely that Adian knew the words he was reading.

The effect, however, was immediate and unmistakable. The moonlight filering into the cavern began to glow brighter and brighter. It became so intense that the gathered could only barely see one another. A moment later they simply [i:pd9ok31e]were[/i:pd9ok31e] light...riding on the moonbeams down through crystals of breathtaking beauty. It could have been an hour or only a few seconds...there was no sense of time. Just the light and the crystaline lattice they flew through.

And then it was over. They could feel the weight of their bodies again. The glow was fading even as they blinked their eyes. They were in a cavern similar to the one they had left, but the rock was darker here...basaltic.

A short distance away from the group near a tunnel that sloped gently upward was a shord, broad form. He might have been a dwarf at first glance, but his near-complete lack of a beard and light skin told a different story. He was approaching middle age for a halfling, but his body was sheathed in thick muscle and on his hands were a pair of gauntlets that looked like they'd fit better on a small ogre. They didn't seem to hamper him much at all, though: He was carrying a boulder on his shoulder about as big as he was.

He looked up at the group and raised an eyebrow as he sat the rock down with a heavy thud. He set his fists on his hips, looking them all over and finally settling on Adian.

"You're home," was all he said. The soft tenor and gentle accent confirmed his nature.

"Farfle," Adian said warmly. "I am. And I've bought our guests."

"And then some," Farfle said, looking them over again...his eyes lingering on Zazzt and his surface elf companion. "Well. Welcome to the Promenade."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Dang, I forgot about Laraun... :P

IC: Laraun's eyes flew open when he saw that halfling. Zazzt smiled, and bowed, "Well met, I am Zazzt, a simple traveler. An impressive feat of strength, good halfling. Not many people can boast to carrying that around, even with magical aid." He pointed at the stone, "This is Laraun, once an accomplished assassin, now retired. Perhaps you have heard of him?"

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

His gaze met Laraun's.

"I've got a past, just like everyone else," he said evenly. "Yes, I've heard of him. So long as he stays retired he's welcome here. Good to see you're alive still. As you can see I've grown up some since we last met."

There was a pregnant pause, but Farfle didn't seem to be interested in continuing the converation. Instead he bowed nto Nedylene and her companions. It was as elegant a bow as one might find in any court.

"My lady," he said. "Lady Veladorn has been most eager to meet you. If there is anything you or yours need, just ask. At the moment I'm sure you would like a chance to wash and eat. Wheichever you might prefer, I can lead you wherever you wish."

He looked back over to Adian.

"Adian," he said gruffly. "Well done."

Adian beamed.