A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator - Part 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt nodded, and smiled, "Thank you Lady. I look forward to learning from you." He stood when Nedylene entered, and offered her his seat. "I suppose courtesy dictates I give you the same privacy that you offered me, Milady Rahn." He bowed, and headed toward the door.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"Qilue, in the sceme of things of our people you and I are equals. Just call me Nedylene," said Nedy as she walked in gracefully and took the offered seat. "Or just Nedy will do too."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

She laughed softly at herself.

"Of course...Nedy," she said, trying the nickname. "We are sisters in that way. I hope your kin and companions are finding things to their liking here. We are no great city, but we do try to make all our guests comfortable. I hope you had no trouble on your way here?"

She poured a glass of elven wine for Nedylene and offered it to her.

"I am sure there are many things we must speak about," she said. "Where shall we start?"
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Smiling, "I am used to small town fare as neither Nec'perya here on the mainland nor Lunar Temple are in any stretch of the imagination large communities. Though I have been to Elben Aator's Ilythiiri city called Szith. Believe me the Lolthites can have it. Morbbdelharen their First House is such a pain at times it is a wonder anyone makes it to us for refuge. Nec'perya on the other hand is where I will spend some time with my youngest daughter, Faeryl Mistrunner. Besides the meeting here with the rest of the Argent Maids, she is the reason I came back to Faerun."

Nedylene looked and then spoke some of her family with her, "I brought my elder daughters and son with me as well as a half-Drow paladin of Lathander. Then along the way we met an off-worlder Drow who says her ancestors came from Abeir-Toril around the time of the Descent. Her name is Calia Tyne. She has some unique weapons and manners. I warned her that she and those Drow with her may need to hide their weapons and check their responses to local Drow and other peoples for their own safety as well as ours." She drank some from a goblet of local wine offered her.

"Now my adult children are Delia, Ingrid, Elfie, and Jirl. I adopted Delia after the birth of my elder children. Delia is a half-Drow as was the daughter of one of my temple's Moon Dancers and a human Ranger. She has groan in to quite the priestess and a ranger in her own right. Now Ingrid and Elfie are following their mothers path though Ingrid I think has the calling of a fighter and Divine Champion like I once thought I had. Elfie on the other hand is more inclined to artistic and arcane pursuits after divine witnessing. Jirl has become an accomplished mage despite my having to scold him in the past for some of his actions that nearly ruined the work I am doing on Elben Aator."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Qilue laughed. She was familiar with the sorts of antics children could get into.

"Such a large family," she said. "Please bring them by any time you wish. Alas, I only had one daughter, Ysolde...and she is gone now. On the other hand, I have these seven children to watch over...as dear as my own. Only just now growing up, and so full of energy...they're almost as distracting now as they were then they were small. The stories I could tell you..."

She sighed, a slightly melancholy smile on her face as she examined old memories of s silver-haired little girl dancing amid the crystals of the Chamber of Song. Then she bought her attention back to Nedylene.

"Your new companions sound most interesting as well. As you can imagine I rarely go beyond the lands of Waterdeep at all. I have heard tales of warriors with strange weapons before, but I have not seen any myself. I look forward to meeting them as well.

"And what work is ongoing in Eben Attor?" she asked. "And how fare our brothers and sisters there?"
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"I have reclaimed Lunar Temple for Eilistraee. However the Rivvin and other Kivvin of that Isle are very paranoid of our race." Then Nedy took a sip of wine. "So I have trouble keeping refugees and those that seek out the Temple and me. Mostly they come to the mainland and seek their own ways here."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Things are a bit better on the mainland," Qilue commented. "There have been a few particular individuals whose tales are beginning to make a difference in how we are percieved. Still...centuries of fear and, alas, blood are difficult to overcome. Is there anything at all that we can do here to assist you?"
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"Sister Qilue you are quite correct we have millinea of troubled history to over come. Sadly one thing that makes it hard to over come is that those of us that remained on the path of Light rather than taking the easy path of Darkness resemble the evil ones."
Celessarel
Maid
Maid

Post by Celessarel »

[b:1een74nb]OT:[/b:1een74nb] I apologize for my long absence, but I'm shortly before my exams, so I've been busy studying.

[b:1een74nb]IT:[/b:1een74nb] Celessarel waited quietly for her turn outside Lady Qilue's door and let her thoughts wander. If her parents knew that she was below the city in a temple full of drow, they would be sick with worry.

'But I have to find my own path,' the moon-elven girl told herself. 'One day, they are going to understand.'

She remembered the happiness of Adian's sister as she had welcomed her brother. Would her own sister be happy to see her when she came back home? Or would she turn away from her, thinking her a traitor and a stranger?

Celessarel sighed and stared at the ground.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"We simply must show people that it is our hearts and not our skin that matters," she said. "I understand that there as a bit of that on your journey here. You may be happy to know that assistance is being sent to assist the shrone you rescued to recover, and that the townsfolk are a great deal more receptive to our presence.

"We must focus on what we can do to change people's image of us, and not despair of the weight we must struggle against. You must know that as well as I.

"I regret that your times were so hard in Elben Aator, but on the mainland we have more extensive contacts than ever before, and even the Harpers have made some reasonably friendly overtures...thanks to the sage Elmisnter and the warrior-woman Alias. There is every reason for hope."
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

"Yes m'lady despite the troubles we are having even with the over-zealousness of Jirl my son. We have made progress. I have an alliance with an order of knights, The Order of the Silver Rose and have heard that there has been a Half-Blood accepted into their order. She looks more like her mother's people than her fathers, but she is a Knight Errant. Her name is Rith Mafer. Dame Rith is a priestess of Mystra, a skilled swordswoman, and they say an accomplished bard," Nedylene looks around, "and rumors say she may have some relationship with the Harpers. Perhaps they have taken interest in Elben Aator. It was bound to happen given the traffic between Amn and Meztica."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Good news indeed," Qilue agreed. "Now Elminster and I have something to talk about next time I see him."

They continued to discuss business for some time, hammering out details for help for their kinfolk and Nedylene's own family in particular. Qilue would put in a word to a few key places she knew and give Nedylene the names of several important contacts.

"There is something I want to discuss," she said. "Of a personal nature, if you do not mind."
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene cocks her head and raises an eyebrow, "What would you like to know m'lady?"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"It's about Adian," she said, looking a little embarrassed. "Adian is as a son to me. In a way it's like having my daughter back...

"I would keep him here," she admitted. "If I could. But the Lady has some sort of plan for him. She gave him his gifts for a reason...for something he must do.

"I have had him trained as best I can here," she continued. "But he needs more than he can ever get here in the Promenade. He needs experience in the world to become stronger. I want him to be as ready as he can be for when whatever the Lady has in store for him comes to pass.

"And so I ask you, Lady Nedylene Rahn...please allow him to come with you. Let him experience the world and learn and grow stronger...but also keep him safe. Keep it from overwhelming him. I'm afraid that I wouldn't be exactly...objective about it."
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene nods, "I will do what I can Lady Qilue. He must be willing to bear some of the burden as we are a small community and very isolated there. He must understand that Full-Bloods are despised because of the Spider Kissers."