A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator - Part 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt bowed, "Fear not, noble sir, I can garauntee you that he will stay so here. He seeks to reform his soul, in penance for his crimes, that is why I brought him with me to your wonderful temple." Laraun nodded and smiled, but it seemed more a sneer than a smile.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene bowed her head slightly, "Thank you. I have much to discuss with Qilue and the other Argent Maids." She smiled then.
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I'm no Sir," Farfle grumbled, almost dwarflike. "I work for a living...for as long as they'll have me."

[quote:nsl0z12e]"Thank you. I have much to discuss with Qilue and the other Argent Maids." She smiled then.[/quote:nsl0z12e]

"Quite a few of those here," Farfle said. "I you wish to see her straight away then all means then follow me, Lady Nedylene. Mistress Veladorn is in the Hall of Song. The lad here can show the rest of your companions to the sleeping quarter."

Adian nodded. Farfle straightened his tunic and smoothed his hair...an utterly pointless effort since hes brown hair was in thick, tight curls.

"You might want to steer clear of the boy, though," he added. "His brothers and sisters have all been missing him something fierce. When they find out he's home it's going to get mushy."

Farfle shuddered while Adian smiled brightly.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt laughed, "Well, never let it be said that a drow need live a lonel life on the Surface." He clapped Adian on the back, "It is good to hear that if we should leave, our stalwart guide should not find himself lonely." Zazzt yawned, "However, a bed and rest sound well to my ears, and better yet to my weary bones. I thnk it would be best if we all got some sleep." He turned to Nedylene, "Milady, you cab see Mistress Veladorn in the morning, sleep will help you collect your thoughts, and besides, I honestly doubt that she wil think any less of you if you were to take a night's rest after our travels." Laraun only nodded, he seemed reluctant to talk, and his skin took on a greenish tint, and if his hands did not grasp the hilts of his weapons, they would most likely have been shaking.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene thinks it over then looks at Zazzt, "You're right sir, we should rest first then I can go see Lady Veladorn afterwards."
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, and waved at Adian, "Lead on, our stalwart guide, I suppose this will be the last trip you lead us on, and yet the most important, to bed!"

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Gladly," Adian said. "Please follow me."

He led the group up the sloping tunnel and turned left into a wider hall. After a sudden turn the hallway widened into a larger cavern with many large alcoves spaced evenly among it. Walls without ceilings created many private spaces of varying sizes, and only a third of them were occupied. As it was the cave could easily shelter more than three hundred individuals.

The vast bulk of the occupants were Illthyri, roughly evenly divided between male and female. Here in the safety of the Promenade few of them wore armor. The preferred form of dress was light tunics for the males and a variety of gowns--in some cases almost sheer--for the females, though this was not always the rule. There were a few Moon elves, half-elves, and a scattering of humans walking about or chatting as well. Many eyes turned to look at the newcomers, some curious, others with a few raised eyebrows at the sheer number of the group.

"Adian!"

A female drow looking only a bit older than Adian himself rushed over and embraced him without a trace of embarassment.

"We've all been so worried its like you've been gone for months but you're okay and you've bought back so many we couldn't be prouder..." She said all this very fast and seemingly without needing to take a breath.

Adian couldn't get a word in edgewise, so he stopped trying and just hugged her back.
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Watching the mostly Ilythiiri Drow of the Promenade Nedylene began to look mournful. The saddness on her face was noticible. Her daughter Delia asked what was worng.

"I am Drow, yes, but my people are of the Miyeritari Tribe. During the time of the Crown Wars we were all but annihalated from the face of Faerun. My earliest known ancestor led our people into the Nether Mountains of what is now the Silver Marches. Her leadership saw that we were not destroyed as a people. Though our community there is only made up of a few clans aligned with ours. I and my mother were named for the first leader of our people. Over the last 13,000 years there were five Nedylenes to rule House Vrinn which is now House Rahn. Delia I know Elfie is my first daughter by blood, but you are my first daughter and heir. Elfie is to be our Regent of Lunar Temple when she is ready, once she is I will return here then to Nec'perya where I will resume duties from Sabine as leader of our house. You will come with me then."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, and with a flick of his fingers caused a small ring of fire to form over Adian's head, that unwound itself with a large clap, and wove itself into letters, spelling Adian name. The loud noise drew the attention of all in the area, and Zazzt worked hard to keep a straight face in preparation for the withering gaze he was soon to recieve from Adian.
Laraun onk scoffed, and walking over to Zazzt's pack, pulled out the miniature tent, and whispering a word unfolded it. With an audible sigh of relief, he climbed in, and the tent shrank back to its miniature size.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian jumped, looked up at his flaming name, and glared at Zazzt.

"Thanks ever so much," he said acidly. Then he sighed and turned to the gathered--and doubtless amused--party. "Everyone, this is one of my sisters, Alexyra...the second eldest, though you would not know it. She is a Handmaiden of the temple. Alexra, Mistress Nedylene Rahn, her daughter Delia..." he went on to introduce the other major personalities. "...and the troublemaker is Zazzt, while his companiion Laraun is in that...er...toy right over there."

Alexyra stepped forward and took Nedylene's hands in her own.

"The Promenade is honored to be your host, Lady Rahn," she said. "Please let us take your thirst and hunger from you and give you joy....um..."

"...and peace..." Adian prompted.

She stuck her tongue out at him, but finished the formal introduction. "...and peace by upon you and your kin by the Lady's hand.

"And I apologize for any inconvienence my little brother here has caused you," she added.

"Hey!" Adian objected.

He didn't get a chance to say more...others were weaving their way towards the group...two more females and a male, all older than Adian, though the male was noticably slighter.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt couldn't contain himself, "Troublemaker? Ah but you wound me, Master Adian. I prefer to think of myself as more of a meddler." He smacked hisnforehead, "Of course, how could I forget? Laraun dislikes undergrond places. He is telly doing well, usually he would have drawn his swords and fought until he was released onto the surface or otherwise restrained." Zazzt picked up the tent, and handed it to Alexyra, "Although you have no reason to, could you please see to it that this is taken out of here, onto the surface? I would be deeply indebted to thee if you would."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

She took teh tiny tent and smiled. It was sooo cuuute!

"Of course," she said. "I shall have him Above within the hour. It will be my pleasure."

She bowed to Zazzt, and to Nedyline.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt bowed, "You have my thanks. Now, if you do not mind, I believe I will retire." He walked over to one of the 'rooms' Adian described, and waving his hand behind him, causing a prismatic mist to cover the doorway, a spell that could be taken apart relatvely simply, if one really had the desire to. Soon, sounds of snoring could barely be heard from within the room.

Zyeke
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

Nedylene then looked to the Hin, "Master Farfle when Lady Qilue is ready for me I will be in the guest rooms aranged for me, my family and my retainers. I want a few hours of reverie first. I know it is an old practice among the Drow, but my husband Arolan the Mistrunner taught me how to do it. It is one way I have to remember our child before he took her away. I miss my youngest daughter. I think by now she would be a little younger than Adian here."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I'm sorry for your loss, my Lady," Farfle said sincerely. "Losing a child is a terrible wound. If you wish I can give her name to the priestesses and they can devote a song to her. It's the least we can do. Your family's private quarters are through here, and your troops can take their pick from any of the beds here. The baths, when you need them, are through that tunnel over there. They're semi-public...just so you know.

"Adian," Farfle barked, turning to their former guide. "Get yourself out of that armor and cleaned up. Your mothers will be wanting to see you. Now."

Adian looked a bit startled but nodded. He turned and bowed to Nedylene.

"Please excuse me, my lady." he said. "A number of the priestesses raised me and I must let them all know I am all right."