~Tlethtyrr~

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~Tlethtyrr~

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:u3nwb088][b:u3nwb088][color=indigo:u3nwb088][i:u3nwb088]The story takes place in 1372 D.R. During the Silence of Lloth in the small, little known city of the Underdark by the name of Tlethtyrr. All known worshippers of Vhaeraun have been weeded out and publicly executed. False Preistesses still get spells and make their claims, becoming Matrons in the name of Lolth. Male Drow encourge themselves to take the inititive during Lloth's absence and sieze this time as a rare opportunity to recruit and inspire the more aggressive males to uninfy in order to insure a stronger foothold in the city. There is panic in the Houses and blood pouring through the streets. The female population is rapidly declining. Desperation and fear overrides common sense. In the city's fear of losing Lolth's favor, all children born are being sacrificed. There are a mere sixteen Houses in the city. House One and Two have been rivals since the first few Drow had taken the goddess' forsaken land for their own and enslaved the Dark Dwarf poplulation. This is a time when names of such traitors as Drizzt Du'Arden are rarely mentioned, even behind closed doors, in fear of losing Lloth's favor and recieving retribution upon her anticipated return. The underground secret society of males remain in hiding, speaking only of their plans in sign until the time is right for a revolution, to step beyond the threshold of their dreams.

[center:u3nwb088]~~~[/center:u3nwb088]

Tlethtyrr, is a warped version of a mountainous tropical island in the Underdark, surrounded by a sea of acid, an uncomfortable if not inhospitable place where food can become scarce if it were not for imports brought through various trade routes and magical resources. The sky has clouds of acidic haze where agressive flying bat-like creatures exist. It is a hard place to get to and a hard place to leave. There are plenty of minerals and crystal shining through the cavernous space above like stars in the Underdark skies. There are alot of feral looking, dark dwarf slaves there who once were the original inhabitants. They create the beautifully adorned, smoke tinted glass-like Houses for Drow nobels. Goblins do alot of the mining. Orcs are used for heavy physical labor. The educational facilities are like camps located in the valley within the circle of mountains. The Houses are somewhat secluded, located inside the mountain range. Glass boats are required to travel on the acid sea, being the only reliable trade route. There is a project begun to build a bridge across the sea as due to a great deal of mining, it has become dangerous. The city within is surrounded by rock, some too unstable to expand into mines. Some places might be unsafe to even mine without a lot of bracing, not very cost effective.
During the Silence much trade has ended so food production is encouraged. Most cities should be able to feed their own one way or another because of difficulty in travel. Still, imports are needed. Some Lolthians simply kill those that there is not enough food for.

(Please check with OOC before posting.)[/i:u3nwb088][/size:u3nwb088][/color:u3nwb088][/b:u3nwb088][/font:u3nwb088]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~Tlethtyrr, and so it begins..~

[font=garamond:3hngc38l][i:3hngc38l][color=indigo:3hngc38l]
More than a hundred Drow nobles have gathered along with the entirity of the three schools of the Academy. They surround the compound of a lessor known of the noble Houses. As people pass through the streets whispers are heard of the failed attempt of a lessor known House, Del'armgo to wipe out another noble House, Tak'lar.

With the other seven Matrons of the Ruling Council, Matron Chiana of the First House, Neantak d' bel'la, stands in the city streets. Matron Chiana lifts her voice, amplified by spell stones placed strategicly across the far corners of the valley.

[b:3hngc38l]"House Del'armgo has angered the Spider Queen!"
[/b:3hngc38l]
Matron Chiana places her dark ebon hand over a small male Drow's head and continues to speak.

[b:3hngc38l]"Pharaun is all that remains of House Tak'lar. Can you tell us, orphan of House Tak'lar, who is it that attacked your home?"[/b:3hngc38l]

[b:3hngc38l]"House Del'armgo!"[/b:3hngc38l] Pharaun shouts, pointing to the compound.

Matron Chiana continues, Looking back to [b:3hngc38l]Matron Silaqui Mei'gal[/b:3hngc38l] of [b:3hngc38l]House Mei'gal[/b:3hngc38l] (House 3) and to [b:3hngc38l]Matron Keeshe[/b:3hngc38l] of [b:3hngc38l]House Do’ Ghym[/b:3hngc38l] (house 2), and [b:3hngc38l]Matron Mother Maya [/b:3hngc38l]of [b:3hngc38l]House Melund[/b:3hngc38l] (House 4) with a knowing glance,

[b:3hngc38l]"Then it is the will of the Ruling Council that House Del'armgo suffer the consequences of their actions!"[/b:3hngc38l][/color:3hngc38l][/i:3hngc38l][/font:3hngc38l][/size:3hngc38l]
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

A lean, attractive drow male steps up behind Matron Chiana. "You sent for me Mistress?" He asks quietly, eyes cast downward penitently. He leans on an elaborate cane.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:1z5138x2][i:1z5138x2][color=indigo:1z5138x2]There is a rumble of talk flowing through the crowded city streets as onlookers leaving the market place to stop and watch the approaching spectacle. Students and instructors are still pouring in to take their places around the compound of House Del'armgo while slaves of every inferior race scramble out of the way to make room for them. Students carrying great braziers, place them in eight positions around the guilty house. Without so much as a glance in his direction, Matron Chiana quietly answers the male drow with the cane.

[b:1z5138x2]"Venn, is everything done according to my command?"[/b:1z5138x2]
[/color:1z5138x2][/i:1z5138x2][/font:1z5138x2][/size:1z5138x2]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Venn gets down on one knee with his face almost touching the ground with his cane across his knees. "Yes Mistress, the Master of Arms has accidentally fallen down the stairs in his rush to see what was happening outside, very slippery they can be in this humid climate. The Head Magi accidentally sent himself screaming into the Abyss after a mishap with his spell components, their High Priestess appears to have sacrificed herself on her own altar and the House Del'Armgo safe has become mysteriously empty, presumeably a slave took it all and ran when he saw his chance." He reachs into his clothing and pulls out a black bag tied up with spiders silk (a drow Bag of Holding) and places it at Chiana's feet. "It is a pleasure and an honour to live for and serve you Mistress.
Last edited by Tyrmer on Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Titles:

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Silaqui nods agreement, though a mere male survivor of House Tak'lar means the House was effectively distroried. It still is a good reason to remove the up and coming House Del'armgo. She nods to her duagters to perpare House Mei'gal forces that have been gathered for this assult.*

House Mei'gal is ready House Tak'lar should be given 1/4 of all captured as repayment for damages to that House as is custom. Non of the Noble line shall be permitted to live. The just award for failure. House Tak'lar has 6 moths to establish a Matron *Her eyes peer at the young male.* Boy select well your Mistress, select sooner then later. Your skill is all that saved your House. *She considers if she wnts one of her faughters to contend for the position, perhaps after the worth of the House is known. In time each of them will seek to be Matron, and it is better for her if they do not seek to be Matron of House Mei'gal. Allied Houses might be posible. Her eyes look to the Matrons of the first and second, noting well that the mistrust between them remain. In time soon, they will attack each other. The assasinations that each blame the other for not always correct, but no suspision yet has been pointed to House Mei'gal and she intends to keep it that way.*

All males captured are to be given to Lolth, all praise her.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Lilith smiles as she listens to Matron Chiana's proclamation, things were working out just as she had planned.A few words placed in the right ears, a few well trained slaves sold to the right homes , and her goal was within her sight.
One of her slaves bows to her,
"My Lady, shall we be going to inspect the newest shipment?"
"Yes, we shall."
She replies, her slaves voice breaking her reverie.
She gathers her cloak closer around her, and all that can be heard is the swishing of her long skirts and cloak as she leaves the assembly area.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*The Matron Mother Maya of House Melund was observing this rather interesting situation with her two doughters. She came closer to the eldest one and whispered into her ear*
- Burn...or fry?

*The doughter grined evily and replied in the same maner*
- Burn. What's the bet on?

*Maya gave herself a minute to think and continued camly*
- That greatsword in your room looks nice. And you slave...

- That's it? No sacriffice, no humiliating dances? Wich slave anyway?
- I think I'll take the male... Anyway tell the Weapons Master to start training the troops. Something tells me this is going to be a rather long night...
:3
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:29skg48q][color=indigo:29skg48q][i:29skg48q]Matron Chiana casually strokes her hand over her swollen belly as she looks to Venn, speaking in soft tones, though clearly with authority.

[b:29skg48q]"I expect to find you in my Anti-Room upon the resolution of this current matter."[/b:29skg48q]

The young Pharaun bends down to take the bag of holding and hands it to Matron Chiana. The boy stands alone looking to the ground before the other Matrons, afraid to speak. She ruffles the boys silvery white hair with her hand and looks to the other Matrons of the Ruling Council.

[b:29skg48q]"And what of this orphan of House Tak'lar, noble by birth and student wizard of the Academy? Shall any House accept him into their protection and give him their name?"[/b:29skg48q]

Her youngest daughter, Danifae, is about the same age as Pharaun. She is in training to be a cleric at the Academy. She stands by her Matron mother, her fingers nervously fiddling at her side. She and Pharaun favor each other physically. It is a rumor believed that she and Pharaun are of the same patron. [/i:29skg48q][/size:29skg48q][/color:29skg48q][/font:29skg48q]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

Venn stands up and bows low before walking backwards away from Chiana. "I exist to serve Mistress." He walks off leaning on his cane. He climbs to the roof of a nearby public building to watch the destruction of House Del'Armgo, ready to leave a ta moments notice to arrive back at his Mistress chambers before her.
Titles:

Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

[font=garamond:1p5f31qn][i:1p5f31qn][color=darkblue:1p5f31qn][b:1p5f31qn]Matron Keeshe[/b:1p5f31qn] of the 2nd [b:1p5f31qn]House Do’ Ghym[/b:1p5f31qn], watches the spectacle with seething hatred building up in her eyes. She has reached the penacle of her sixth century of life, well passed the flower of her age for child bearing. She is yet again with child and still her house contains only males. [b:1p5f31qn](Like all other Drow that would admit it, the Spider Queen had not been answering the Matron's prayers.)[/b:1p5f31qn]She had grown increasingly desperate, knowing something must be done or she would end up dead, her House devoured by her own decietful sniveling sons who stand on either side of her. She knew of their secret plots they dared to build against her and she has heard of the whisperings of the other Matrons behind her back. It became more apparent as she watched their reactions.[/color:1p5f31qn][/i:1p5f31qn][/size:1p5f31qn][/font:1p5f31qn]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[b:12v22wxx]Silaqui[/b:12v22wxx] looks at the other leading Matrons.
"It can not be that House Tak'lar be adopted by another House, the question is which of those skilled are willing to forsake their House to become House Tak'lar. It is the law. We can not declare death on House Del'armgo, if we also declare death on House Tak'lar. The forms most be obserbed, the weak distroyied. I will have no part in the distruction of two Houses. If Keeshe and Chiana can agree on one House to be distroyied this Council might come to agreement." Knowing well that this two Matrons will not agree on even the hour of the day, turns her attention to [b:12v22wxx]Maya[/b:12v22wxx] Maya what say you about distroying two Houses, claiming that a House survived, and must no longer exist? And the House that failed must also die.?

Her eyes then look to [b:12v22wxx]Venn[/b:12v22wxx] the despitible male, skilled as he is to be reckoned with. Her own agents not able to remove or suduce him away. Thebag of holding offered and recieved by [b:12v22wxx]Chiana[/b:12v22wxx] a clear indication of the assaisians work. Keen ears listen as well. Poses the questions of.

"You started the attack before the council gave full approval? You serve your Matron well, but do you serve Lolth well?"

The silence of Lolth clearly a problem for House Mei'gal as well, but with some perhaps foresight she is equiped in two ways. Items of charged magical items, life force drawn from slaves and the start of her life as a bard. She has magic that she can present as if coming from Lolth now that might have come from her in the past, but also can cast spells now. She worries about those that appear to be as powerful before as is now. Perhaps they actually serve the Masked Lord. At least these leaders do not appear to be serveing that vile deity. At least based on what reports she hears from the slaves that are promised a better life placed within all the major Houses. Of course she always seek out slaves promised a batter deal for information within her own House.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Lilith, enclosed on all sides by her well armed slaves, is heading down an alleyway between two derelict buildings on the poorer section of town. Her delicate nose is pointed up and her lips are thinned in an obvious expression of disgust.Periodically, she presses a scented handercheif to her nose to cover up the stench of the area. The guards part for her as they reach a wall on the left side of the alley.She steps forward and presses in a combination of bricks that slide aside after she has pressed them, revealing a door.
She knocks a strange combination of 3 loud knocks and a soft one, and the door opens, revealing a duergar slave.
He bows to her,
"Welcome , my lady, the master is expecting you."
He turns and leads Lilith and her slaves into a larger room, obviously a study of some sort.
A finely dressed duergar male sits behind a desk, but as she approaches he stands up and bows deeply to her.
"My lady, I am so pleased to see you, and how does my lady fair today?"
She sneers at the male,
"Where is my shipment?I trust you have procured the amount I have requested?"
"Of course, my lady, has Rasputin not proved to always supply my lady with all she desires?"
"You have not disa pointed me...yet, for you know well the consequences if you should."
The duergar man smiles,
"Your shipment is right in here , my lady, and all is as you requested."
He leads her out of the room and down a flight of stairs into a prison room guarded by 5 male duergar.
Inside the prison cell are 6 elves, bound and gagged, 3 male and 3 female, one of them, a male, is slumped over , unconscious.
Liliths dark features tighten with rage as she sees the marks on the unconscious males face.She reaches slowly down to her hip, pushing the cloth of her gown aside, she reveals a large black whip.
Before the duergar can react she lashes it out at him, catching the unsuspecting male by both wrists. She jerks it up so that the much shorter male is dangling suspended in the air, his feet twitching and his face frozen in terror.
Her hood falls back to reveal her features.Her beautiful face is now twisted with rage, and her lavender eyes glow enough to spread an unholy light through the darkness of the prison room.Upon her forehead are a pair of horns, and her full lips part to reveal wicked sharp fangs.
Her cloak falls back completely as giant black wings unfurl out, spreading to fill the room, wide enough to brush the walls on either side.
She snarls at the terrified duergar,
"They fetch me little coin if they are damaged, you know this, you fool."
The man stammers in his terror,
"But my...my lady...he put up so much of a fuss, he was a wicked fighter, we feared if he excaped..we had already taken him down the secret tunnels and we feared if he excaped our secret would be out.We had to do what we could to subdue him..."
Still holding those strange glowing eyes upon the duergar, she removes one hand from the whip, holding him still suspended with the other, she lifts up the bottom of her skirt, tucking it into her belt.When she does this a long, barbed tail raises out from her skirt.Whipping the tail hypnotically in front of the duergars face she smiles wickedly at him. He stares , slack jawed at the tail as a whitish fluid drips from the barbs.
"One warning duergar, and one warning only...If his wounds do not heal properly, if he does n ot fetch me the coin I expected , then I shall be back, and you shall discover the secrets of my venom.Do I make myself clear, male?"
He nods furiously, tears starting to form in his black eyes. She drops him with a dull thud upon the stones below and turns to inspect her newest shipment of slaves.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Tlethyrr

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

The awakening:

[color=darkred:2erlzv2j]Waking up from a prolonged sleep, due to a vicious blow on the head, the quarter elf barbarian wakes to find himself shackled and in complete darkness. He sniffs around to see if the rest of his friends are there and catches the scent of blood mingled with sweat coming from four other places in the room. Smiling a grim smile, he feels about the shackles around his rist, feeling at the chains to see how thick they are. Feeling that they're not to thick, yet still well made, he grunts in grudgung admiration at the smiths work, then sets to his task.

Taking a deep breath, he strains his muscles pulling his arms apart, feeling after a few moments the give of the chain. Once he feels that give, he exerts even more effort, his more than well developed arms cording and flexing as he pulls harder, till the chains finally snap. He rests for a moment after this catching his breath, then feels about his ankles, noticing that they're not chained du to him being unconcious.

Getting his bearings somewhat, he starts to move around the small room that he and his friends are hidden in, feeling a slight breeze coming from one direction. Moving toward the breeze, he avoids his friends by the sound of their steady breathing and places an ear against the wall listening. A slow smile creeps up the large mans face as he hears the duergar be treated roughly by his mistress, her threats being well heard as well.

Stepping back from the door, he ducks and sets his shoulder, preparing to ram the wall. He takes off at great speed for so little distance, slamming the wall with all his strength, a great roar escaping his throat as his shoulder connects and he feels it shiver against his flesh. Smiling from the reaction he got from it, he steps back once again and slams the wall again, this time hearing a grinding or crumbling sound as he feels it budge.

He steps back once more to ram it again when one of his friends wakes from all the noise adn grabs his ankle tripping him up. Catchinghis balance just in time to keep from falling, he turns in the direction of his friend as the half drow starts to speak to him. [i:2erlzv2j][b:2erlzv2j]You may as well give it up Braddok. Even if you were to break the door down, you would be bdead before you could escape.[/b:2erlzv2j][/i:2erlzv2j] The barbarian growls deep in his throat, not caring if his deep, booming voice is heard by those outside or not.[i:2erlzv2j][b:2erlzv2j] I won't be treated like an animal again Rade. I got away from one group of slavers, I can damn sure do it again. drow or not.[/b:2erlzv2j][/i:2erlzv2j] He then stands and turns toward the door again, getting ready for one last charge, but then four sets of hands grab him and trip him, causing him to fall and hit his head on the floor and fall into slumber again.[/color:2erlzv2j]
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Maya looks up to Silaqui as she is spoken to. She stands up, to answer Sialqui's question, but first thinks it over a bit. Tough decision... 1 house, 1 place up, 3rd house by rank....2 houses, 2nd by rank...Tough...Once Maya came to a decision, she raised her head and spoke for all to hear*

- It is clear that we have a dilema here. Llolth teaches us to discard those who are weak and cherish only those who are strong. House Tek'Lar has, as I see it, proven to be strong. See this boy here? He survived and pointed out he was strong and worthy...(if worthy is the proper choise of words) to live on in Llolths shadow. House Del'armgo on the other hand ahs proven that weakness...and stupidity...grow stronger every day.

I say that House Del'armgo falls today.
:3