A Hag's Last Pot

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard cocks one thin brow up at Gareth, with a sly grin. "First kiss? Hardly. As it happens, I've done quite a bit more than that, and with what I'd imagine was half the female Noble population back home. Not brag or anything. The Noble ladies were like leeches- couldn't seem to go two steps without one attaching herself whether I wanted it or not. And I don't think I have to tell you what the consequenses of refusal were."

He kicks back a bit, then regards the teifling coolly. "And just what do you mean by 'little one'? Just how old do you think I am, Gareth?" he asks with a smirk. He knows he is still young by the standards of his own race- still only in his seventh decade- but it irks him all the same to be called "little" by someone who probably hasn't seen more than two or three decades himself. He watches Dorl's lizard for a while, and his mind wanders back to his days in Terrillis. Those were, sad to say, the only happy times in his life, in spite of the unwanted attentions, the constant worry of daggers in the back, and the other usual dangers of life in a drow city.

Still, it was where he discovered his greatest love, not to mention the strange gift of song-magic. He remembers the many nights spent in attendance of the wild revels, the hours of simply strolling through the marketplace, amazed by the many exotic wares for sale. And there were a few of the ladies who had been fun to spend a night's activities with..... He smiles to himself at the memory of one in particular.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

OOC: I really wish Teiflings aged as much as elves just so Gareth could be older than 28 right now. :(
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Lothir," Nyssa whispers softly. Her voices is reminiscent of the gentle stirring of leaves. She doesn't wait for him to answer. "Stop responding. He's just trying to goad you."

With her eyes still closed, Nyssa blocks out most of everything around her mentally. She uses the energy she's saving to restore spells she has used or lost in battle and to rejuvenate her body.

She departs briefly from her mental cocoon to speak softly, "I'm gonna need a serious bath after this."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun laughed and shook his head."Y'all are arguein' over a woman?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn chuckled, "So it would seem, friend Dorl'veszaun. Amost futile venture, for it is obvious to all that it is I who caught her eye." He stood up and gave a courtly bow.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Yeah, ok Elwyn, but currently all you're doing is disturbing my mediation. Instead of impressing me, you're just being irritating."

Silence. Clearly, her speaking wasn't anticipated. "Besides you didn't even fight. At least Gareth and Lothir are warriors, not afraid to get bloody and dirty. And you, you hide behind your puppets. Afraid to get hurt, too good to get your hand covered in the blood of your enemies. A woman might think this is sign that you can never get emotionally attached...or that you prefer....more obedient women...puppets even." She never moved as she spoke. Her eyes never opened. The softness of her voice makes one wonder how irritated she actually is.

Her eyes flutter open....confusion crosses her face. "What's everyone staring at? Oh crap. I said something weird didn't I?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun started chuckleing.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard joins in, thoroughly enjoying the look on Elwyn's face. (okay, I'm reaching a bit, but I can imagine how he might react to her response...) He gets a mischievous look, and says casually- "So, Elwyn, would you like a bit of wine with that crow you're eating?"

He then turns to Gareth. "Tell you what, friend. Let's simply agree that she is free to make her own choice, and be satisfied with that, whatever it might be. Fair enough?" He holds out a hand to the other, waiting for him to reply. <Never been one to force the issue, anyway,> he thinks, having been far too familiar with that sort of treatment himself.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Deal, as long as neither of us tries something... unfriendly...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He looks back at him with obvious confusion. "I really have no idea what you mean, my friend. I meant what I said, and though I'm sure you've already noticed, I'm not the sort to try to, er- eliminate- a rival just to get what I want. Ileft home to get AWAY from that sort of thing. Call it a deal, then."

He sighs, and goes back over to the pile with his name on it, quickly gathering it all up into his pack, then leans against the wall with his eyes closed, to enjoy a bit of rest before taking on whatever lies deeper within the caverns.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Mmkay then, im going to go further in as soon as everyone is ready, Il look for traps around the door, if i find any il be sure to let you guys know"

Gareth crouches down and feels around the door, He finds a tripwire and a blade ready to swing when the door is open.

"Whatever they have back here must be really cool if they went through all this trouble to trap it."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled goodheartedly, "Very well, I suppose part of what you have said is correct, I was not present in this fight, but I assure you I will be of more assistance in the future," And walked over to Gareth, Gurguch following him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun looked to the others, hefted his spear and grinned.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Men are weird," she says under her breath as gets up with rest of her party. "Since there will be no napping involved, I guess we're moving on then."

"Here's a thought....what if I don't like men?" Nyssa asks. "have any of you ever thought of that?"

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "I make it a point to never form relationships outside of my species, so you needn't fear my attention." He looked at Gurguch's giant bulk, and looked apprehensively in their intended path of travel. Sighing, he pulled out another scroll, "I really must find a way to shrink you down, old friend," He mumbled to Gurguch, who just groaned in reply, and when Elwyn opened the scroll, he vanished in a puff of smoke, when it cleared, there stood a drow male, just about Elwyn's height, with a pair of ornately crafted saber handles just visible under his cloak.

Zyeke