A Hag's Last Pot

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun blushed deeply when she mentioned her orientation. "How long y'all gonna sit here an' talk?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard gets up again, deciding he isn't likely to get any more rest for a while. He hears Nyssa's question, and lets out a huff of breath, blowing a lock of stray hair from his face. "Women.... She could have mentioned that sooner, if that's the case," he muttered to himself. Then he looked over at Elwyn, surprised. "Really? A pity. You miss out on a lot that way, you know. I've known some rather lovely human ladies, a fair elf or three, and even a half-dragon lass whom I was quite fond of. I still miss her, sometimes."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn coughed, "A half dragon, you say? Now how you set yourself on that maiden, I must know." He said chuckling. He waved at the door, and his puppet stepped forward, almost at even with Gareth, "Come, I beleive it time to move onwards."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth creaked the door open, Revealing a long hallway with four doors, He checks them all, All of them are trapped.

"Here goes door number one!" Gareth whispers in excitement.

It looked to be a giant alter of some type, Statues of gods and robed figures lined the walls, along with incense burning and a sacrificing slab to their gods.

It had a human man on it, The Slab was covered in blood, and it leaked down the edges into little cracks in the ground, His blood made a strange, demonic, symbol in the cracks of the ground.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn looked at the grisly scene unconcernedly, for his puppets required far worse in terms of bloodiness, "What is the meaning of this?" He asked, and with a flick of his wrist, a small stream of metal dust came out of his gourd, and across the threshold.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Looks like a summoning gone wrong," Nyssa comments as she cringes from the gruesomeness of the scene. "I'm down for door number too."

"By the way, I [i:223yyl3k]am[/i:223yyl3k] in to men," she adds. "I was just making a point. You don't know me and I don't know you. If you truly desire my attention, the least you can do is not like not assume anything about me and stop acting like children. Well that last part was mostly for you, Gareth," she winks and giggles.

Her face returns to its serious expression as she approaches the second door.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth chuckles at Nyssa's comment and then readies his bow towards the door.

"Ready when you are..."

OOC: By the way, I picked four doors because i figured each of us could put our own little scene in there... The last door is a surprise :devil:
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir grins at Elwyn's joke. "Well, actually, she saved my life- from my own sister, no less. Vala was her name, and she had a twin brother. Their mother was a gray elf who apparently attracted the affections of a gold wyrm, and Vala and Palax were the result. He was a paladin, and we didn't exactly get along very well. He was convinced I was using some sort of enchantment to ensnare his sister. But she was surprisingly accepting, and we became- quite close. Then we got separated one day during a battle, and I haven't seen them since."

He shrugs, and moves to see what the others are staring at. On looking into the room, the bard stares in horror at the scene before them in the first room, and suddenly a flash of something half-forgotten makes him stagger back, gagging. He stumbles against the wall, leaning on it heavily, panting. He finally seems to calm after a few moments, and looks up at the otehrs, his normally coal-black face gone grey.

"Sorry, friends- just... bad memories...." he says. "I'll take the third one." He takes a deep, long breath, and straightens, heading for the third door. He hears Nyssa giggleing at Gareth, and smiles, but says nothing. He still has not figured out how to get to know her better, so he decides to let it wait.

He notices the row of three keys hanging beside it, each labeled with a letter- A, B, and C. Clearly, it is meant as a puzzle, of sorts. He pauses, staring intently at the door. Then he notices the almost invisibly thin lines in the wall around the door. one in the middle on the left, and two to the right, at about knee and shoulder-levels. He looks again at the keys. Obviously, only one will open the door, so which is the right one?

He ponders, and moves close to examine the lines. hidden within are large, deadly blades ready to spring out. He backs up again, and looks at the keys. "Letters... what does that have to do with it?" he mutters to himself. "A, B,..." Suddenly he reaches for the last key without hesitation. "C, of course! Clever trap, and nasty, too..." He puts the key into the lock on the door, and turns it. Nothing happens, save for the soft click of it unlocking. He opens it, to find what appears to be a large open room, with a door at the other end, and many large statues along the walls, guarding what seems to be a sort of armory.

"Word of advice, don't touch the other two keys..." he says, waiting for the others.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Well, If you are taking that door, and Nyssa is taking the other, il go for this one at the end of the hallway."

Gareth walks quietly over, not knowing what could be on the other side, He takes a deep breath and a metallic taste quickly filled his mouth, It was not poison or gas, It was the essence of power, He went pale for a couple seconds and leaned against the wall.

He took a few more breaths and pushed on the door, It was a giant room, filled with bodies of men, woman, and children, Demons and monsters of all kinds were all dead and gutted carcasses laying on tables, strung up on ceilings and some still dieing in some torture devices.

There was some sort of beautiful sorceress with eyes that looked like they were leaking fire out of them, They glowed furiously in the dim room, He had not noticed, But she was deep into spell-casting, Yet she had been slipping in and out of meditation, Half of the time chanting off the rhymes to a spell in her strange language, the other half, Cursing at Gareth in her own tongue.

The spell had finished, and she shot bolts of green flame across the room, Many spreading out, Reincarnating the bodies as undead, But one small little flame touched Gareth lightly on the chest, It was soothing and relaxing, Almost like it he was surrounded by loved ones, in a place of harmony and peace.

It then tuned into a raging pain inside him, Not one of physical pain, but mental pain, It tortured him, Frightened him and overwhelmed him. It all stopped for a split second, Then he felt a force like no other, As he was launched out of the room and sent smashing into a wall just outside. He slid down slowly and struggled to get up, as the undead began to shuffle towards him.

OOC: Two can play the long post game. :devil:
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun felt the reanimation of the corpses and charged into the room, hurled his spear at the sorceress, and began bashing the undead with his shield and blade. With a cry to Kelemvor, "Back to hell with ya!" he destroyed half-a-dozen undead.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Jesus, One against 20 undead and a level 20 evil sorceress?! Good luck with that buddy.

The sorceress brought up her hands and set the spear a flame, turning it into ashes almost instantly.

Gareth dragged himself up off the ground after the near fatal experience and drew his sword, He chopped and hacked some undead to peices and started to fire arrows into the room, until only the witch was left.

"Might need some help over here!"
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

OOC: Dorl has 20 paladin levels 10 consecrated harrier and 15 hunter of the dead

IC:Dorl'veszaun bellowed at the destruction of his spear and redoubled his hacking until the undead were destroyed then drew another javelin of lightning and hurled it towards her.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Kay' then, lets make this witch a challenge then :devil:

IC: The witch casted a shelding spell, the Lightning bounces off and ricochets around the room, Hitting the lantern lighting it and darkening the room almost completely.

"Don't worry Dorl, im coming in!"

Gareth shouted and downed a night-eye potion and charged into the room, firing more arrows at the witch.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun growled and with a curse began cautiously (Spelling?) approaching the witch.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

The witch grabs a dagger and a gem from her small podium and started to speak.

"You fools cannot win, leave this place and us to our own buissines, We can settle this peacefully, if you're willing..."

Gareth stared to circle along the witch with Dorl.