The Lizard Rider.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Well,"
The child replies thoughtfully,
"My mother has a map.I don't think we can take that way, though. "
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The statue listens impassively to Lothair's reply, she neither nods or shrugs or in any way shows that she has heard anything of surprise to her. She does however join Lothair on sentry duty, adding her keen eyes to his. "Do you require sustenance?" She asks suddenly.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

OOC: As my character's sleeping I'll post a description of her. I posted it in the character sheet in the OOC thread, but I'll post it here to get some details noticed.

Cerridwen is thin (120 lbs more less), but a little muscular, as she likes to spend some of her free time training with the sword. 5'4'' feet tall; quite short for a drow female. Has long, straight and silky hair of silver colour (natural). Her eyes turquoise colour, but turn red when she gets angry. her face features are beautifull, soft and gentle, full pink lips and opal skin.

She wears what appears to be a tunic made with a fabric that looks as the fabric that you use to make tents and a Mithril Chain shirt that she stole from the men who captured her. The tunic is made actually with the fabric of those men's tent (they must be a little upset for that, but she was naked when she escaped and her clothes were completely broken and useless. Anyways the fabric used to make tents is very thick, so it could give some aditional armour?), she wears a rope as a belt around her waiste, and her neck is not visible because of the way she uses her hair. Her shoes is the only thing she could keep untouched of her clothes.

Long below her butt, she divides it in 2: the upper part of the hair is loose, so it reaches it's full length, but the other half she's using it as a scarf around her neck, loose enough to not choke her, but enough to hide whatever bruise she could have in her neck. Now that Bhaern saw what happened to her in his dream he could know where to find her wounds. She has bruises and marks of teeth. Bwael may know of this wounds also.

I need to remember to edit my OOC post and put all of this :angel:

Ok, that's all for now because she's sleeping.
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[quote="Sabaal":3j0gje01]I approach Amara.

"Can you take out that bandage? I need to see your eyes" If she does so I'll get up to where she is. I help myself with (and now everyone awake can see it)a longsword. Once by her side I put my hands at both sides of her head and start chanting a soft and short lithany to heal her in drow lenguage, or at least stop whatever bleeding she could have, with all my faith and hoping that Eilistraee takes mercy on this female and saves her eyes. The most powerfull healing spell I can use with my experience is "Cure Critical Wounds". Lucky me that I can use it twice today. My hands start glowing with a soft, pulsating blue light and when the light goes off I sigh, hoping that the spell made it's maximum effect.[/quote:3j0gje01]

[color=orange:3j0gje01]The surface elf lowers her head, turning away from the others, and tentatively removes the bandage from her eyes, revealing the empty sockets. Amara's critical wounds slowly heal, taxing alot of Cerridwen's energy but only what is sufficent for the casting of her spell. There is deep pink scaring around the sockets of her eyes and edges of her mouth, indicating burns, possibly of magical origin. She can sense Cerridwen's possible dismay at having not been able to save her eyes and reaches her hands to the cleric, giving her a gracious hug in thanks as a reassurance her efforts were not wasted.

Amara replaces the bandage to her eyes and opens her mouth to speak but no words come forth, only a smile.[/color:3j0gje01]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The child looks up at the adults around her,
"I smell no enemies near, so I take my nap now.Wake me up if any bad guys come around that you need me to rip up."
She heads back to her rock and climbs up, perching like a bird she digs her toe claws into the rock and wraps her oversized wings around her body, covering herself completely in a cacoon of wings.Soon all that can be heard is the childs even breathing as she sleeps.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~The Tunnels~

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":82tiuhm3]*Bhaern guides his lizard to where Lania's mother lays. It is as much as he has feared. The rats are already at the body. On the other hand they are meat as well. With cold and skilled use of blade 5 rats are killed to add to the larder of House Quel. Making the lizard to wait, searches the body, taking every thing tat might be of value, including pieces of her dress for bandages and the broken blade, before allowing the lizard to eat of the body of the dead, at times cutting the body into smaller chucks. The lizard needs to be well fed if it is to serve the House well. The items of use are collected and hiden amoung the packs of supplies, with reject now, perhaps all three lizards should have been taken. The tokens hidden from the child's eyes for now. Rat might not be the best meal for her, but it clearly is better then offering her meat from her mother.*[/quote:82tiuhm3]

[color=indigo:82tiuhm3]Only a few feet away in the tunnel breathes a creature as large a Bengal tiger. Eyes of [url=http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MM35_ ... g:82tiuhm3]something[/url:82tiuhm3] peer down upon Bhaern. The creature with blue-black fur resembles a dark emaciated panther with two additional forelimbs and he is crouched down on a platue of stone above. Sprouting from his shoulders are a pair of powerful black tentacles tipped with horny edges. His tentacles whirl down, tearing toward him, with the intent of inflicting terrible wounds. [/color:82tiuhm3]

:devil:
Last edited by Ssin'urn Streea on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bwael looks at Lothair and listens to the claim to follow Eilitraee.

"Lothair Moonblade a strange place to find one in service to Lady Silverhair, I am Bwael who am also in service to Her."
Of the rest in the cave non of them are Drow, perhaps a place of safety for now if Lothair speaks true. His etes quickly take in the speaking stone, the sleeping demon and the blinded and aparently mute fair elf. Perhaps it a safe to do something for Cerridwen. Not of the skill or training that she has had, even getting training was a battle of words with the Priestesses. Reaches his free hand to touch Cerridwen's forhead.

"A l'elamshinae d'Eilistraee, xal dosst hery o'goth" (By the grace of Eilistraee, may your wounds heal)

A cure moderate wounds reaches to fill Cerridwen's body seeking the most serious wounds first. It may not allow her to wake now, but when she wakes she should have less hurts. Soon they both will need to requests more divine power for what will come.

Bhaern finding a map, is placing it in a pouch when his lizard hisses. Lizards being as blind as a fair elf in the underdark survive in the wild by scent. The warning is enough for a sword to be drawn, before the tenticles hit his body, the sword swings at them even as new wounds are inficted on him.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:j1z5bw7c]Lothair shakes his head at the statues question, holding up his left hand for her to see a black out line around it, covering the heat signature in a certain spot as he listens intently to the outside tunnels. His head cocks to the left for a moment, his right ear tuened outward as he hears the steely hiss of a blade being drawn. He turns and looks around to the statue and Bwael, [i:j1z5bw7c][b:j1z5bw7c]Keep an eye on things here, I think Bhaern may be in some trouble out there.[/b:j1z5bw7c][/i:j1z5bw7c]

Not waiting for a reply, only knowing that the last remaining connection to his former love is being attacked by something, he dashes off inot the tunnels, moving as silently as death and seeming to fade from everyones view as he calls upon some of his skills as a ranger. His keen ears, as well as his his eyes and sense of smell lead him to where the male is currently doing battle. Seeing the thin tentacles, his eyes trail up to the heat signature of the displacer beast, and he levitates up to it level, landing softly behind it, his heat signature still hidden by his ranger trick.

Moving silently, he creeps up on the beast and slahes at it with both swords, one aimed at the head, while the other is aimed at the midsection.[/color:j1z5bw7c]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

~The Tunnels~

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2shneb9h]

Bhaern finding a map, is placing it in a pouch when his lizard hisses. Lizards being as blind as a fair elf in the underdark survive in the wild by scent. The warning is enough for a sword to be drawn, before the tenticles hit his body, the sword swings at them even as new wounds are inficted on him.[/quote:2shneb9h]

[font=garamond:2shneb9h][b:2shneb9h][i:2shneb9h][color=indigo:2shneb9h]The elongated flexible organs roll out like dual barbed whips to tear over Bhaern's body, ripping away strips of skin with each fluid and powerful lash. They struggle to manipulate his movements, forcing him to further defend himself, and yet draw him closer into the beasts range of frontal attack. Bhaern's blade cleanly cuts through one of the club shaped ends of the tentacles, sending it flying through the air and hitting the adjacent wall.

The large cat-like creature pins his ears back, bearing its large sharp teeth, and hissing with a resounding scream. As Lothair slashes at the beast, it's dexterous movements duck Lothair's blade that was aimed for it's head. The beast extracts its curved razor sharp claws batting at Lothair's leg before disappearing from view. The sound of the displacer beast's scream is like a mass of ripping sheets echoing inside the tunnel from all directions.[/color:2shneb9h][/i:2shneb9h][/b:2shneb9h][/size:2shneb9h][/font:2shneb9h] :devil:
~Don't close your Eyes~

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

[color=darkgreen:119ijm2g]Lothair imeddiately brings the blade aimed for the beasts head back and down to stop the creatures claws from digging into his flesh, even though the armor he wears beneath his clothing should be strong enough to protect him he's taking no chances. As the creature fades from view and gives vent to its cry, the drow ranger blocks out all other sounds, even the crossing echos, to focus on the creature itself, listening to see if it flees, or if its breathing is still about.[/color:119ijm2g]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

As the sound of the displacer beasts scream fills the chamber, the child flinches inside her 'cacoon'.The wings fold back, and she looks around.
She sees the sleeping adults and shivers.She looks at the statue.
"Big yucky has come, hope theres enough adults to kill it.Im not much help."
She pouts a bit, and sits watching the corridor she heard the beasts cry come from.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: A true sight spell and a readied Power Word Kill.

The statue waves a hand and intones some arcane words of power and its eyes glow, it then holds out a hand to the door of the cave, waiting.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bhaern enjoying the slight pleasure of getting some food of the beast for the child, displeased by Lothair's appearance (even though he is not of the House), whistles to the lizard to prusue the beast. A dart thrower readied, with sleep poison, seeks the beast. The sound , then images of it sought then fired at. Concerns about his House not a concern now just killing again what sought to kill him.

Bwael as the magic expended also goes to the defense. Letting Cerridwen sleep, without knowing how well she has been healed, stands ready to defend her and those named friend by her. The sword held ready to attack anything unknown to him.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Re: Lizard Rider

[quote="Qhell~Velladorn":2fsjm7ea][color=darkgreen:2fsjm7ea]Lothair imeddiately brings the blade aimed for the beasts head back and down to stop the creatures claws from digging into his flesh, even though the armor he wears beneath his clothing should be strong enough to protect him he's taking no chances. As the creature fades from view and gives vent to its cry, the drow ranger blocks out all other sounds, even the crossing echos, to focus on the creature itself, listening to see if it flees, or if its breathing is still about.[/color:2fsjm7ea][/quote:2fsjm7ea]

[font=garamond:2fsjm7ea][b:2fsjm7ea][i:2fsjm7ea][color=indigo:2fsjm7ea]The displacer beast fails in attempt to strike down Lothair and slips down from its loft in the process. It falls down onto the floor of the tunnel and scambles up to disappear. One of it's torn claws left behind. [/color:2fsjm7ea]
[/i:2fsjm7ea][/b:2fsjm7ea][/font:2fsjm7ea]
[/size:2fsjm7ea]

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2fsjm7ea]Bhaern enjoying the slight pleasure of getting some food of the beast for the child, displeased by Lothair's appearance (even though he is not of the House), whistles to the lizard to prusue the beast. A dart thrower readied, with sleep poison, seeks the beast. The sound , then images of it sought then fired at. Concerns about his House not a concern now just killing again what sought to kill him.

[/quote:2fsjm7ea]

[font=garamond:2fsjm7ea][b:2fsjm7ea][i:2fsjm7ea][color=indigo:2fsjm7ea]The cat-like beast growls deep and low in responce to the lizard's approach. It lashes a tentacle toward the lizard and quickly disappears, the sound of it's cries rattling the air of the tunnel. The beast keeps changing from one point of attack to another only to narrowly escape the hunter and his faithful lizard, but not without acquiring a hit to the shoulder. The beast quickly disappears. There is no sign of Bhaern's dagger. Hot blood drips onto Lothair's face. A bit nore trickles along his shoulder.[/color:2fsjm7ea][/i:2fsjm7ea][/b:2fsjm7ea][/font:2fsjm7ea][/size:2fsjm7ea]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

[color=darkgreen:1hyj2vfc]Feeling the blood hit his face and shoulder, Lothair stands still, seeming as if he may be caught in fright. As the beast and Bhaern look upon him though, he fades from view, both in the normal spectrum and the infared spectrum, a trick granted him by his ranger training and abilities. Slowly and wuiretly, the dorw moves around the creature, no sound escaping from him what so ever.

Once behind the great catlike creature, a sad look comes across the drow males face. Even though he's battling this creature for preservation of his friend, and himself, he still feels wrong at killing the animal that is trying to preserve itself. Setting his resolve, a mask of harshness crosses his face as his blades flash once more, revealing his position. One of his glowing blades lashes at the great beasts chest cavity, while the other once again heads for its midsection, both moving as fast and hard at beast as he can possibly manage.[/color:1hyj2vfc]