The Lizard Rider.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

The smell of food, the soft, warm voice of Bwael and something in my hand...

I open my eyes slowly and stretch my arms, I cover my mouth to yawn and look around, I smile at my friend and see that Amara seems a little stressed.

*a muffled yawn* "Hello..." I seat right where I was "What happened? what did I miss?" then I stand up. It wasn't a long sleep but it was the most rested I had in weeks. I touch my neck and throat, noticing it hurts much less than before and I walk to Bwael and hug him.

"You healed me! Thank you!" I sigh and kiss him softly in the lips "I'm so glad you're ok. Even when I regret everything that happened I wouldn't have wanted that to happen to me if I was alone or with someone else. Thank you!" and I smile and kiss him more deeply now, hoping to see a reaction in him.

After kissing Bwael I turn to look at Amara and Lothair

"Are you alright? you look pale... oh, what happened?" I ask the last when I see Lothair has blood on him.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bwael tries to guage the effects on Amara of his words. The nod to his offer appears to be a good sign, but what is meant by her placing her hand to her head after Lothair touches her. Perhaps she has some of the ability to read people much like Cerridwen can?

As Cerridwen wakes and and asked questions, replies to them.
"Yes dear friend you missed a few things, they killed a dispacer while you slept and is not meat for our meal. *returns the hug as it is given* Yes I did what I could, after you did what you could for me. I just wish I could have done more for you."

The kisses interupt any further conversation, the deeper kiss returned as arms hug you tight to him. Releasing you after the kiss eyes look to the others in the room and the ladened lizard.

"We can best aid this group with a trip to the surface if you share your stores with us. You will find us not only useful as healers, but skilled with the sword as well. The silent one has acepted my protection if I understand her correctly. You spare weapons would make us more capible of doing this and aiding all to the surface."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bhaern studies and watches those about him, the child demon taking the least cooked meat being noted. That and perhaps the blood drining indicating more of her nature. To keep her feed might require killing each day.

Accepts Lothair 's nod as acceptance of his request, though the frown clearly indicating a disapproval. Then watches the interaction between Amara and him. Also of course hearing what Bwael offered her and the later request. Much to think about her, how to emerge leader of a female and male that might actually serve a deity called Eilistraee. The lover of his sister, that likely seeks revenge for her death. A demon child that likely wants raw meat and blood and perhaps even a stone figure thar can provide some kind od aid, but unlikely to travel with him to the surface. Perhaps the two new ones are bards though as they can heal? The one rule of command though is certaincy. A descion must be made quick and hope that it is the best descion so speaks.

"Lania I hope you find the cat pleasing." This in part to let the blind elf know the meat that is offered.

"Lothair, I think we should stay here untl the meat is perpared for transport. Then we will seek the surface to bring the child home. Our pther business can wait until after that. Perhaps we will find more friends in our travels that will aid our success." Standing as a male Noble claiming the House attack a failure without a Lolthian Priestess at his side can be a quick way to death by the council. Attacking the raiding House with five people just another way to die. Revenge of Justice what one decides to call it can not be done dow in any meaniful way.

To the bards of Clerics of a goddesses that might exist in some ways the hardest to reply to. Kissing while there is danger all about them with people they do not know appears to be the upmost foolishness. But they both appear sucure in their own minds. Even when the male spoke of the Evil Drow can do and marks of torture still evident though healed somehat by the female, there was no tone of hate that her hread in his voice. Giving him weapons and armor taken from his last battle makes sense if he can be trusted. It of course would be foolish to give weapons that would be used against him. Decides.

"Yes of course I will share what I have collected. I have three suits of armor. Our silent member can have one , you another. Also I have swords and daggers that you are welcome to?." Holding in reserve the handcross bows and sleep poison darts until he can really know he can trust these people. Whistles to the lizard to come to him to offer the armor and weapons to Amara and Bwael.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:3d7d39ws]Lania is licking her fingers, but looks up and says,
[t:3d7d39ws]"If we need more weapons and supplies I know where.."
[t:3d7d39ws]She clamps her hands over her mouth,
[t:3d7d39ws]"Oops.."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The statue smiles at the childs infantile slip of the tongue, obviously she held secrets she wasn't meant to tell. "If you need arms I may be of assistance." It walks over to the spring and waves its hand over the water. A cracking noise sounds and the level of the spring sinks a little revealing assorted weapons, some of dwarven design, some of drow, some of illithid, arms of all sorts and sizes. "Taken from those who sought to disrupt the sanctity of the water."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

[color=brown:1gsmxrus]It has been what seems like forever since he passed back into the cold, comforting embrace of the Underdark. His footsteps are naturally light, though he is by no means as skilled as an assassin of any caliber. Still, life among the drow does tend to encourage stealth, especially when outside a city.

Despite the dangers inherent in travelling the caverns, he finds his thoughts drifting now and again as he marches on and on. The hours slip away; when he is sleepy he rests, when he is hungry he eats. Time holds little meaning down here where the sun has never graced the stones with its gaze.

So it comes to pass that after what he would guess to be a tenday or so something breaks the monotonous rythmn of his footsteps mingled with the sound of his breathing. Almost too late he realises it is the sound of voices up ahead. He scowls and silently curses himself, then stops. He strains his ears, hoping to catch some snatch of conversation, or at least to determine approximately how far away the sound comes from.

Practically holding his breath now, he manages to discern at least three voices and the sound of running water. He eases his pack off of his shoulders and sets his bow down gently, then draws his blade slowly, checking once more to make sure his shield is strapped securely on his arm.

Crouching low and hugging close to the wall he edges forward slowly, his whole body tense now with battle-awareness. He freezes in place when he hears the low rumble, but when the ceiling neglects to collapse around him he continues to creep closer to this unseen group.[/color:1gsmxrus]
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:36p8le0e]Listening to all the goings on around him, Lothair sinks down and places a hand upon the Amaras' shoulder, wanting to help steady her when she places the hand to her head, not knowing whether or not she will pass out, but not taking any chances. at the sound of the childs voice his eyes whip around to settle on her in amazement that something he thought was only a fairy tale, even though he's seen it with his own eyes was about to let something slip then smiles when she catches herself.

He watches the statue and what she does looking into the water from where he still resides next to Amara, Cerreidwen, and Bwael, his hand still supporting the surface elf for those just in case matters. At the sight of the many weapons his eyes take on a strange and distant look, memories dredging up from he thought he had burried them from his distant past.

Shaking his head to clear away the memories, Lothair suddenly tenses and releases his hold on Amara, one hand slipping to the sheathed set of bastard swords on his back while the other flashes in the handcode to all those around him. [i:36p8le0e]Someone approaches us from outside. I placed a nature watch spell to help me keep and eye on things around here is the only reason I know of this, and this person has stepped into the area that the spell covers.[/i:36p8le0e] Ever so slowly so as not to make a sound like the one approaching the cave, Lothair stands up and places his now free hand to the other hilt on his back and seems to fade from view once again. Standing so still and having casted the mass camoflauge spell from his list of spells for the day, the drow male causes eveyone in the chamber to appear as another part of it. That's if all those in the chamber remain still and make no sudden movements to break the spells enchantments.[/color:36p8le0e]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

[color=darkred:16z20mp1]He cautiously approaches the chamber, the sound of running water becoming louder and louder as he nears. Water, of course, means predators, and voices mean sentient predators; in the Underdark everything is most likely an enemy. He stops at the mouth of the chamber, waiting patiently for the sound of voices, but hearing none. He's been spotted, most likely, and whoever is inside has either fled or prepared an ambush.

Finally, after the sound of his own heartbeat becomes like a set of war drums pounding in his temples, he shakes his head as if to clear it and steps into the room, his shield ready and his sword prepared to strike down...

Nothing. The chamber is empty. He frowns, glancing warily to the stream, then scans the entire room once more before edging over to the water source. As he moves closer, he spies several objects glinting in the water. There is no light save for a recently abandoned campfire, but that is enough to alert him to the metal below the stream before his darkvision can make it out.

His frown deepens, and he looks to the opposite entrance of the passage in anticipation of attack. Surely this is a trap of some sort. No one would abandon such a hoard of weapons of so many maked and styles...

Then he spies all the gear lying about, and the slaughtered displacer. Whoever it was has fled, apparently. He looks to the equipment, at first thinking it was a goup of skittish gnomes, but the bedrolls and such are sized for larger occupants.

He takes a step back, every nerve in his body tingling now. Something is definitely not right, and he cannot shake the feeling of being watched, though he doesn't see anyone. He steps closer to the far wall, perhaps even right next to one of the magically concealed people, then begins to make his way to the opposite entrance, intent on his goal and completely unaware of the others in the room.[/color:16z20mp1]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Sorry, I couldn't answer before, and this post will not be finished yet. I'll finish it this afternoon, ok?)

Clueless of what's going on, as she doesn't understand a word of the handode, she looks at Bwael, then Lothair and then Bhaern wth wide opened turquoise eyes.

"What's going on?" she whispers.

(Ok, I'll leave it here and complete it this afternoon. I'm sorry,. but I have to go. This weeks have been hell for me.)
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Tymer is gone for uncertain period of time and can clearly RPed around, Verlansia is also missing that causes a posible problem, but that might be worked about by offered guide. IAE I seek to try to keep this working thus:

IC:

Bharen looks to Lania first the great keeper of seekers with a kind smile, but as the stutue reduces the waters revealing a weapons catch and then the hearing of a rumble from the tunnels. Not a word is spoken even as Lothair alerts to the same sound. Dart thrower ready for the visitor.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Bwael steps toward the weapons cache taken weapons that suit his needs, before turning to answer Cerridwen, well aware of the coming visitor.

"My dear friend we have a visitor coming"

Calls out to the unknown traveler in undercomon.

"Come you in Peace and no harm comes from me"

Not all that certain he can assure the others will provide the same assurance. The living in shadows at times needed, but one can die there as well. A open offer might bring another into the fold. It clearly is at least worth trying.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:2skpe85u]The child shifts uncomfortably, apparently she is accustomed to being told to stay still, but she is far too young to stay that stay for long.
[t:2skpe85u]"Can I move now? My wings hurt."
[t:2skpe85u]She takes Bwael's statement as an answer and stands up , stretching out her large black wings.
[t:2skpe85u]She looks towards the newcomer and says
[t:2skpe85u]"Hi!"
[t:2skpe85u]She waves one clawed hand and continues, with a giggle,
[t:2skpe85u]"Don't worry everybody, if he's not nice I'll just eat him."
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:2zznrusi]Amara hears the news of the visitor, listening for the sound of any appoaching footsteps and any movements of the others to determine each of their whereabouts. As Lothair's hand leaves her she has a sinking feeling, wondering if there is some reason to fear. The surface elf remains still and quiet, awaiting the results of the matter. [/color:2zznrusi]
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Looks like "This afternoon" had a looooong morning. I was depressed and couldn't find inspiration. I'll do my best now)

IC:
As Bwael talks to me and then calls out for the visitor I answer at him, forgetting that noone else here knows of her hidden "talent". I look at Bwael's eyes and say

"Hummm... maybe if I could reach our visitor and touch him... or her... we could know if we can trust him... or her. Let me approach and try. If any harm comes then you can help me" I smile and look at the rest of the presents in the cave, looking for approval "right?"

I look at the winged child and smile at her "if your wings hurt then I think you should move" and giggle softly as I think her statement about eating the visitor's funny and slowly takes a few steps forward to greet the visitor, always aware and ready to fight if he, she or it attacks her, but her primary intentions are good.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[t:1z51pfve]The child stretches her wings and then does a little hop, partial glide back up onto her rock. She perches there, head cocked, watching the newcomer . Her tail whips back and forth , making her resemble somekind of odd, winged feline.