The Lizard Rider.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The statue watches all impassively. "We wish for nothing but the endless march of time and the blissful eternity of sleep." Suddenly the statue unfolds its legs an arms and, where hence forth it had only moved its face and neck, its whole body stands up to face Bhaern. "But I will speak to those who have known sorrow that they might pass into happier climbs."
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

When she hears that the voice talking to her is not any of her captors she raises her silver haired head. Long silver strings flowing down like a cascade is what her hair looks like, and still shivering she slowly turns around to see who addressed her and talks to him in undercommon.

"I... I'm so... I'm sorry... we just stopped by to rest and drink some water... I didn't know... this was your place... I'm sorry, just give me a few minutes to wake him up (*she shows Bwael there, in the ground) and we'll leave shortly"

Then, seing the fair elf, she smiles softly and says a short "Namarie" to her and when she listens that they need help, she talks again, hesitantly and caresses Bwael's unconscious head, leaving her sacred symbol at plain sight.

"If... if you need any healing I could help you. I"

(OOC Note: If she was shivering and hesitating is because she doesn't know if she can trust you and because she's tired, not because she's affraid, and you can see that in her beautifull face. Please, I'd like to have a short description of everyone's character. I'll give a description this afternoon, when I come back).
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Is your friend alright?" Speaks up a childish tremor from the top of the lizard.Upon closer inspection it can be seen that it is a child,although a tall one, about 5'3.She looks like a drow , but...not..for upon her forehead are a pair of tiny horns.Encasing her back are a pair of giant black wings that wrap around her like a cloak, and curling down and wiggling by the side of the lizard is a long barbed tail.But her face and arms still hold the rounded plumpness of small children, and her smile is open and affectionate.
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

The drow female looks at the child with curiosity and smiles back... and sighs sharply.

"He just needs to rest; we haven't got much sleep in the last week" *her stomach grumbles and she winces and grabs it while blushing* "neither got much to eat, HAHAHAHAHA... :-[ sorry." She looks at Bwael and then back to the child "He'll be fine, thanks, as soon as I heal him and he wakes up, we will leave. Like I sayed," she stands up and fixes her hair with her fingers "I didn't know this was your place, but if you need some healing I could help with that. :( We just wanted to rest for a while"

She looks around and notices that the statue's standing in front of a drow male and her eyes open wide in surprise

"I heard some cracking before, but I thought it was just a hallucination!"

She, realicing what a strange group this is, decides to do something and goes to touch the child that just talked to herand for several seconds her eyes stare at the child and her mouth opens and she exclaims "Whoa!... so... beautifull!" then she breaks contact with the child and looks into her eyes.

"Is it really that beautifull in the surface?"she asks her with awe in her beautifull turquoise eyes

(OOC: Thanks, Bhaern :))
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:1pcifpfi]Lothair nods to Bhaerns request and walks over to the tunnel entrance, keeping his eyes and ears alert, paying attention to the outlying area and the people talking behind him.

Hearing the woman say that her and her companion will leave he turns an looks directly at Bhaern, speaking to him in the hand code[i:1pcifpfi] We must not let her leave Bhaern. Her talents can be extremely helpful in the long run.[/i:1pcifpfi] He then hears her stomach grumble and wordlessly walks over and hands her a pouch of his trail rations, offering her a warm smile before returning to his post.

Once back there he listen to her and the child.After hearing her exclamation about the surface he speaks to Cerridwen while keeping his eyes alert for heat signatures. [i:1pcifpfi][b:1pcifpfi]Aye lady, it is beautiful beyond imagining. I can't begin to describe what it's like, because each of us views it differently than the others.[/b:1pcifpfi][/i:1pcifpfi]

Standing as still as a statue, this 5'4" drow male is covered from head to toe in the colors of the forest, although it's a bit hard to see that in the dark. A slight tinkling can be heard from his armor that he weard beneath his clothing, some call it mithrail chain, others celestial chain.Strapped to his back are two bastard swords, the chosen weapon of his patron Diety, and her symbol hangs from his neck in silver.[/color:1pcifpfi]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The statue is standing where it was before (just not hunched up anymore) and now that the others can see it properly, it seems to be a fairly attractive human woman excellently hewn of black stone, she is about 5'9" with long limbs. She wears only a few rags (hey I have to keep her decent) but it seems that in the chill of the caverns she occupies, these are not worn to ward off the cold.
Titles:

Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[quote="Bhaern Quel":2a3yrfce]

*Steps over to the lizard and speaks to the fair elf* Come let me help you to next to the water. *Then smiles to Lania* How did you enjoy your first lizard ride?[/quote:2a3yrfce]

[color=orange:2a3yrfce]The surface elf hears the voices and sounds surrounding her so she is able to piece together an image in her mind of the the scenario of people. She is sitting side saddle on the lizard, her head facing down, flame red strands of her hair fallen over her face. She carefully reaches out in the direction of Bhaern's voice. Her other hand steadies herself upon Lania's back. It is then she becomes fully aware of her wings. [/color:2a3yrfce]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Bhaern grins at the statue for its cyptic reply.* Do you offer death because I have suffered as has those with me? Pass into happier climbs?
Perhaps you just mean I should surface?

*Eyes watching the more aminated piece of stone, also turns attention to the others. The hand crossbow daglingling at his side. The 5 foot 8 inches tall Drow, red eyed and white hair offten looks to his blades and if the stone is a problem, blade will be used. Even if a few break the last that sought to kill him have added their store of weapons to House Quel.

Looks at Cerridwen as she finally answers.* It is the place my lizard and I selected to camp, in mamy ways it is her camp *pointing to the statue* that waits always if she is to be belioevied. Aid freely given is welcomed. In my short travels I found a wounded woman, and a grieving child. *o mention made of the minor cuts and slashes he recieved in his last battle* It looks like your friend *glancing to Bwael * needs some healing as well. I an Bhearn, with me are Lania, Lothair and this fair elf not yet to speak her name. We are peace bond together.

*Reaches for Verlansia as she appears to reach for him* We live in interesting times. A stone that talks and walks, a healer with someone not healed. Are you ready to dismount, the lizard wants to go to the cieling and you are not tried to the saddle.

Lothair the stone moves more then before, perhaps a danger within?
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:16ozjgtl]She smiles a little and with Bhaern's help, slips down from the lizard.

0o...such strange things..o0

She can hear the movement of water and carefully steps in the direction of the sound, crouching down before it.

[/color:16ozjgtl]
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

A sadness passes over the statue's face. "There is no life on the surface, only death in the bones of my others."
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The child,looking disappointed ,hops down from the lizard as well,only she mistimes her jump, and lands on her butt, precariously close to the water.
She laughs and rubs her bottom,
"That was close..I dont want another bath."
Then she looks at the statue and says,
"You talk funny."
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

"Thank you" she says in undercommon when one of the Drows gives her a ration and returns his smile with another just as warm "Then that's where I'll go when my friend wakes up". Then she notices the symbol hanging from his neck and caresses it while with her other hand she touches her own, comparing them with her fingers and smiles at him, then pats his houlder and lets him go to his duty. She's so happy to find more followers of the Dark Maiden that she almost feels safe. Almost. She still needs to do something first.

Then, turning to Bhaern "I don't know if the statue means offering death, but maybe comfort?" she approaches him while eating and adds with a warm and happy smile "Then I will aid you. When I finish eating I will be ready to heal again, so please, come closer to my friend to help you all." She extends her hand to Bwael "Pleased to meet you. Bhaern, Lania, Lothair, Lady. I'm Cerridwen (note for the fair elf: A drow with an elven name? :roll: ) and my friend, lying there is Bwael. We're clerics, but... we cannot go home any more, so we'll go where we're needed."

Listening to what the statue says she answers "Where there's life there has to be death also... is a cycle, but there's no need to rush it" and she touches the statue.

She goes to the fair elf and talks to her in elven "Namarie, how are you feeling? I speak your language too. It would be nice if you told us your name, could you tell it to me?" after the fair elf answers (if she does), and even if she doesn't, Cerridwen places her hands at both sides of her head and presses with her middle finger for a few seconds, then she winces and closes her eyes, her lips tremble and bites her lips, stopping herself to let out a scream, then she releases her and kisses the fair elf forehead. "I'm so sorry" she whispers in elven while tears come out of her eyes.

"Come, let's not wait any longer. I can eat later." she motions everyone to get closer to her unconscious friend.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

Lizard Rider

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkgreen:1siq3sdh]Lothair accepts the pat and returns it to Cerridwen with a gentle sqeeze of her hand as she takes the rations. He also notes what Bhaern passed on to him as well as he walked back to his post, keeping an eye on the tunnel and the cave. To his thinking the statue meant that they could use her haeven as a resting spot, but since Bhaern is the leader of the group, he heeds the advice and watches.

Listening to the conversation around him, he chuckles a bit at the childs words about not needing another bath. At Cerridwens his, his eyes mist over as the source of her intake of breath is revealed to him as well. There's no hope for the fair elfs eyes, he thinks to himself, if we had gotten to her sonner, something may have been salvagable, then again, maybe not.

At the female clerics words about [i:1siq3sdh][b:1siq3sdh]I can eat later[/b:1siq3sdh][/i:1siq3sdh] het turns to her and shakes his head. [i:1siq3sdh][b:1siq3sdh]No lady, you need your strength, and you need a bit of rest as well. Eat first, then you can heal those you can. I've taken my reverie for the day, so if the rest of you want to, you can all seek some rest and I'll continue to stand watch.[/b:1siq3sdh][/i:1siq3sdh]

After speaking, he turns to Bhaern as shrugs his shoulders, almost as if saying, it has been offered, but will you all accept.[/color:1siq3sdh]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*After the lizard is freed of its riders, offers some mushrooms to it and issues a short whistle. The lizard taking the food in mouth darts quickly up the wall then selects a comfortable place on the ceiling and starts to eat. Aiding Verlansia to the waters edge* My Lady come let us get you washed and cleaned. *Eyes turn to Cerridwen , both are clerics, but how can that me the body laying there is a male and all elves know males can not be Clerics. There again he does not look like he will be proving things one way or another soon. As smile comes to face as Lania does not want a bath. What to do with these that he has found. Lothair can be as trusted as any male Drow, the fair elf might be trusted as long as she does not know he himself is a Drow, having been using undercommon she might not guess though in time somebody will tell her, a demon child so ackward that getting off a lizard is a skill beyound her, this expectation based on his raising of having and being taught lizards snice 8 surface years of age. A cryptic stone that moves about that makes no sense. Nods in agreement with Lothair that food should be eaten while it is fresh. Instead of acepting Cerridwen, bows head slightly, while she is a female and by gender has rank she has named herself and her companion Houseless which is less then a servant.*

A healing indeed is indicated, but eating for those that are well more important now. This area appears safe considering how dangerious the tunnels are, but defense that Lothair will see to and after a healing is done for those that need it *not willing to admit he needs healing himself* and the fair lady cleaned and made more comfortable. I will scout the tunnels near here with my lizard.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The child eats of the mushrooms as the rest does , but she makes a face, and seems more interested in watching the lizard on the ceiling eat.She partakes little of the mushrooms, before she gags a bit, and moves away from them slightly.She approaches a large rock, and showing a bit more agility than she has shown thus far, she jumps up on it, after tucking back the encumbering wings. Once on top of the rock, she crouches in a manner that most would find very uncomfortable.As her dress hikes up from this stance, it is shown she wears no shoes, for her toe nails are not nails at all , but claws, and the arches of her feet are abnormally high, allowing her to 'perch' in a manner similair to a birds.Also seen as the dress hikes up is a long tail, with tiny barbs upon the tip.It lashes back and forth , assisting the child with her balance.She is looking around the cavern, her nostrils flaring as she seems to sniff about.When she faces a darker section of the cavern, her lavender eyes flash red.