The Lizard Rider.

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: Minor detail Bhaern was speaking in undercommon, the trade language much of which may or may not be Drow, depending on sources referred to. The voice indeed might have a Drow acent though. *Grin*

IC:

*Having left the statue with his promise it will be only when/if a return is made that he might hear a reply from the strange creature. The eyes spot the dead Drow and the child and hears the words of the child.. His sister will not wake again either, at least with what little magic he has with him. Looks about the tunnels and notices some mushrooms in the distance. As his sister used to say, good will come of good. sighs softly, at least some of the time, what happened that the House could be attacked so quickly? Perhaps evil comes of evil, but there is no answer now for that. The good seen of course is water for him and the lizard, and the now discovered feild of mushrooms which will be food.

Stops the lizard near the child and dismounts.*

Il uriu l'verve v'dri, ol zhah whol uns'aa ulu kyon whol dos nin. (She has the long sleep, it is for me to care for you now.)

*Unsure how the child will react to him, but at least for a time to act as a slave to the female whims as much as posible. The body to be searched and perhaps striped as well, House Quel has little wealth in its hands right now, nothing a value should be overlooked. The child though perhaps not ready to see this part of survival.*

Doer xuil uns'aa lu'udos orn inbau cahallin, t'yin yutsu ulu natha k'lar Usstan zhaun nindel ann'ish sreen'aur. (Come with me and we will get food, then return to a place I know that appear safe.)
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: I hope you don't mind me pinning the Rp down to a rough location even if it is one that encompases half a continent or so.

IC: The statue sits hunched over the stream and watches the rider ride off. Awaiting his return or the long, blissful embrace of sleep. She watches the spring bubble up frfom the ground and flow through a crack in the wall to where it flows into a vault leading to the Glimmersea some five miles below.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The child looks up at him with large, tear filled lavender eyes, which she wipes with a grubby, clawed hand. She reaches down and pulls a chain off from around her dead mothers neck and put the chain and the pendant attached into the pocket of her dress. She stands up and is surprisingly enough almost as tall as the drow already, although her cheeks are still fat with the fullness of infancy.Her wings are gigantic, and envelope around her skinny body like an oversized blanket, and drag along the ground when she walks forward. She sticks a clawed thumb in her mouth and asks him,
" Have you seen any displacer beasts? I like to eat those."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="Nedylene":p8wgtum2]The child looks up at him with large, tear filled lavender eyes, which she wipes with a grubby, clawed hand. She reaches down and pulls a chain off from around her dead mothers neck and put the chain and the pendant attached into the pocket of her dress. She stands up and is surprisingly enough almost as tall as the drow already, although her cheeks are still fat with the fullness of infancy.Her wings are gigantic, and envelope around her skinny body like an oversized blanket, and drag along the ground when she walks forward. She sticks a clawed thumb in her mouth and asks him,
" Have you seen any displacer beasts? I like to eat those."[/quote:p8wgtum2]

*Looks at the child and sighs internally, what creature is this. At best it makes sense to remove her from the scene of her mother's death.* Would you like to ride my lizard? I can find some food but not the cats you desire. Some plant eating is indicated right now. *wonders if the large child wants to eat his lizard, or even perhaps himself*

OOC: Trying together the characters together, finding the blinded sirface elf is next the player wants to do, Bhaern just wants to get food and start to build some kind of power base.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She seems very excited at the mention of his lizard, with the resilence of the very young, her face lits up and she takes his hand for him to lead her away, before chattering animatedly,
"You have a lizard?Ewww..is it a big one? You really think he'll let me ride him?...and I eat plants ..I just like the red stuff better some times..."
She sees the look of concern cross his features , and shows a depth of empathy surprising for her age when she says,
"Oh..don't worry...Your a people...we aren't allowed to eat people.Momma says the Moon Lady don't like that."
She quietens then at the mention of her mother.
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

Post by Verlansia Arseaniamaen »

[color=orange:vhl5hotw]The surface elf lays still and silent as the three voices move away toward the direction she came from. She is able to make out some of their words but makes no move to seek the strangers out.

0o....they must be on their way to the city...o0

She loses the scent of lizard, blended within the condesation, muck, and fungus. The surface elf lifts her water soaked head and feels her way through the mushroom field, closer in the direction of Bhaern and the winged drow-like baby. She soon tireds and not knowing if the new voices she hears are truly audible or wether she is just having auditory halucinations from being so tired. She feels over a patch of mushroom tops and sits down under a mushroom to rest, leaning her back against its stem.

0o...need rest...o0[/color:vhl5hotw]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Yes child, I have a lizard that you can ride. *Whistles an odd note and the lizard comes closer for her to see.* Perhaps while you are making friends with him, I can get us some food. *The lizzard as large as a horse appears to be very docile and waits where the whistle told him to stay.* Oh my name is Bhaern of House Quel, later perhaps you will tell me your name. After I get some mushrooms.

*Strides off into the field of mushrooms and seaching for eatible ones comes across the blinded fair elf sitting under the mushroom sought. Cutting the top off with sword studies the female.* Perhaps you would like to wash and rest someplace safer then here.? *spoken in undercommon*
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

[color=orange:1llrt5bp]Awakend by the sudden movement of air over her head, she gasps. The startled elf tilts her head up. One of her hands thrusts up with palm open in a defensive posture. Her other hand slips behind her, searching the ground for some kind of stick or rock to use as a crude weapon. Finding nothing more then a handful of smaller mushrooms, she has a brief moment to comprehend of the voice before her. The surface elf freezes for a moment and lowers her face, nodding her head in agreement. She keeps her face down. Her hands move up along the stem of the topless mushroom as she rises from the muck of the ground. [/color:1llrt5bp]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*softly* There is no danger right now. An interesting child for you to meet and even more interesting thing *not sure how to drscribe the thing by the water* that speaks. Do you need my arm for support?
Sabaal
Hero||Heroine

Post by Sabaal »

OOC: Hi, I'm going to play here if you don't mind. Thanks.

IC: The trip had been long, and after a week of running away and resting very little, the tired body of her friend started to collapse for the need of water and food. He finally fainted.

- No, please, Bwael, you cannot leave me alone now - the drow female whispered to her companion. They escaped a week ago and right this morning they were just starting to feel safe; they thought they lost track of the two rogues chasing them, but Bwael had rested very little comparing to her and he ended up fainting for that.

The male didn't wake up, but at least his breath was even. She took strength from weakness and held him over her back, carrying him in her back for a while. She wasn't the strongest female in the city, and she knew that, besides her own strength was starting to fail her. She stumbled over a stone in the floor and fell, crying and sobbing softly under the weigh of her male friend body, but she couldn't stay there. They needed water.

The air, as she got up with a lot of work, she noticed it was getting a little cooler "Water?" she thought, and with the hope of the feel of the fresh liquid in her and her friend's mouth, she dragged him a few more minutes until she saw it: water.

Her smile couldn't be more obvious, and after stumbling and falling once more, she dragged Bwael unconscious body all the distance to the edge of the water, oblivious to whatever was there.

She was the first to taste it. If something happened or it was poisoned, she didn't want her friend to get worse, and waited a few minutes. When she was sure it wasn't poisoned she cupped some of the precious liquid in her right hand and lifting Bwael's mouth with the left, she opened his mouth and let some drops inside his mouth. If she needed, she'd give him water drop by drop to save him.

Just then she saw the statue in the small cave and smiled.

"This is a good sign" she sayed, not expecting an answer, while she kept dropping water in her loyal and only friend's mouth.
Last edited by Sabaal on Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Verlansia Arseaniamaen
Maid
Maid

~Mushroom Field~

[color=orange:1absmwk5]These things seem strange to her. She supposes it must just seem so because she can not see them. She smiles a little at the mention of a child, her smile widening at the news of water. The surface elf, feeling a bit embarrised by her appearance and condition, lowers her face again and smoothes her tattered clothing before reaching a hand out to find his arm. [/color:1absmwk5]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

The child approaches the blinded woman in the mushrooms.
"Oh..you have lots of boo boos.I have something for that."
The child rifles through a pack that is attached to her waist by a pink ribbon.She produces a small potion bottle, and places it into the womans hands.
"This will help."
She says, before plopping down on the ground , in the midst of the mushrooms.It is a cure moderate wounds potion.
"My name is Lania , by the way.'
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

*Verlansia ((at least until you offer a character name if different *G*)) guides your hand to his arm to guide you back to the child, and all back to the water.* It ss not far from here.

*As Lania nears instead of following instructions to meet the Lizard and make friends, sighs internally, a willful chold perhaps near adilt when one looks at her size and knowledge. A healing slave of couse welcomed, but uncertain of how much it can heal one that bandaged her eyes. He leases it for the fair elf to decide to take the offering*

Lania we should go to the water now, did you make friends with the lizard so you can ride him?

*Stats to quide both back to the pool, walking slowly.*
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The statue watches the two drow impassively. It looks like the male is injured or unconscious, perhaps dying. But she pays no heed to them. The rock moves, water flows, and life passes away as has always happened. The drow may see slight movements from the statue or she may not, the statue neither wishes to avoid or solicit herattention.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She wraps the blinded womans hand around the potion bottle so that she can take it if she wills.
"Its only a healing potion, I promise...You can smell it if you want to.My momma gave it to me before we left , in case we had any trouble.She always said she should have made Trouble my middle name."
The child sniffles a bit, before turning back to the drow man.
"Animals like me, Momma says thats one of my magic gifts.She was taking me Above Ground to the Island, so I can go to school there, cause if I dont study I lose my gifts when I grow up.Maybe you can take me to the island, everybody says its really pretty, with .....uh,oh...dont think I was supposed to tell you about the island."
She bits her lip , revealing the fact that she is missing her front teeth, but the teeth next to them make up for the loss, being wickedly sharp and pointed.The flow of syllables finally stops and she follows the male quietly.