The Ardeep Forest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[color=orange:19z9dgc6][b:19z9dgc6]"What it means love, is that we will have to be wed by the church of Torm at some point and have documents and certificates drawn up to show that you are my legally wedded wife and heir to my fortune. It is vital we get this done and soon. I did say earlier we would have to travel to Waterdeep to present ourselves at the Temple of the Triad and this will make sure that you are fully protected by the church, should anything happen to me that is."[/b:19z9dgc6][/color:19z9dgc6]

Yes, this is something that really can't be delayed I thought to myself.

[b:19z9dgc6][color=orange:19z9dgc6]"T'risstree, perhaps we should leave for Waterdeep tomorrow morning and start this process? I think the sooner we get it going the quicker it will get done and so we will be able to plan for our future together. What do you think?"[/color:19z9dgc6][/b:19z9dgc6]
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[color=indigo:an3rpfvd]"Nothing is going to happen to you Talwyn! I will make sure it doesn't, by the goddess I will! Don't say things like that, you scare me. You might tempt the fates and they might take you from me all too soon,"[/color:an3rpfvd] I babbled at him with a degree of fear in my voice. I didn't really hear what he'd said after that.

I had just found the perfect mate and he suddenly puts the idea in my head that something could happen to him! It is true, he is a noble warrior and I have seen him die only to come back to life but that might happen again and it scares me.

[color=indigo:an3rpfvd]"Please...don't leave me so soon my love, stay with me,"[/color:an3rpfvd] I whispered to him pleadingly.

My emtions are all over the place. I need to calm down again.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[b:4xmbbwlv][color=orange:4xmbbwlv]"Steady on old girl! Who said about me going anywhere? We'll be going together, so don't fret ok?"[/color:4xmbbwlv][/b:4xmbbwlv]

I hugged her reassuringly.

[b:4xmbbwlv][color=orange:4xmbbwlv]"Look, we have to go to Waterdeep and if you truly want to be married then this is what we need to do. Our vows are for us but we still need witnesses and a ceremony to make it proper, legal and right. That's the truth love. If you aren't ready for that, you;d best say so and we can stop all this now before you make a choice you will end up regretting."[/color:4xmbbwlv][/b:4xmbbwlv]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:39zb91k9]"Sorry Talwyn, I'm jut all over the place emtionally right now. I'm not thinking straight and I'm a bit of a mess. You're right, we need to get your churches permission and I need to speak to the High Priestess in Skullport too. It's been a whirlwind today, something that neither of us had ever dreamed up or planned. But I do feel a love for you and I do think that we make a good couple and I believe with all my heart that we are right for each other."[/color:39zb91k9]

I kissed him softly then let him go, stood up and began to get dressed again.

[color=indigo:39zb91k9]"We should head back to the Inn tal. It's starting to get late and it's probably best that we get going. There's a lot we need to think about and both of us need to have a bit of time alone to make sure this is what we both want. You ok with that?"[/color:39zb91k9]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I nodded in agreement.

[b:18x1q6zi][color=orange:18x1q6zi]"Yes, I think that is the best thing to do right now. Lets sleep on it and see how we feel in the morning. I won't be heartbroken if you decide to call things off. I'll be sad but I will accept your decision with good grace. I will say this though, I've had a lovely time with you today and I hope that I can have many more days like this with you T'risstree." [/color:18x1q6zi][/b:18x1q6zi]

I kissed her forhead and went off to pack up the picnic things. Spotty neighed in greeting as I brought over the gear and loaded him up.

[b:18x1q6zi][color=orange:18x1q6zi]"We'll be going back to the stables Spotty my old friend. You will have a nice nosebag and a brush down when you get there,"[/color:18x1q6zi] [/b:18x1q6zi]I said as I patted the horse.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I came up behind Talwyn and wrapped my arms around his waist, hugging him. I rested my head on his strong broad back.

I felt him shuffle me around to face him. I looked up at him with a shy smile.

[color=indigo:3vf75qn8]"I want that too Tal, I want more days like this. For the first time in my life, I have someone who cares for me as I do for them and I like it. It's something I'm not going to throw away easily. But we both need to have a little time to think with cooler heads. I know my sisters will have something to say about this crazy plunge I've taken. My suspiscion will be that Zzadrina will have the most to say but I think as well she wil feel happy that I have found someone to love. I will say to her and Myna that for once in my life I have someone who needs me, someone I've needed so for long. And I'm unafraid, I can go where life leads me, somehow I know I'll be strong. I can touch what my heart used to dream of long before I knew. That special someone who is warm is you, the man who made my dreams come true. For once in my life I won't let sorrow hurt me, not like it hurt me before.
And now I have someone I know won't desert me, I'm not alone anymore. At last I can say, this is mine, they can't take it! As long as I know I have love, I know can make it because for once in my life, I have someone who needs me."[/color:3vf75qn8]

I hugged him once more then stepped back to let him finish loading up Spotty.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I let her step away and got back to packing up the picnic gear and blankets. There was nothing extra that needed to be said.

We would ride back to the Inn, relax and spend the evening apart from each other and think about everything that happened today.

Unteathering Spotty, I lead him a few steps away from T'risstree. Placing my lkeft foot in the stirup, I vaulted up into the saddle easily. Spotty barely moved as he knew what was happening and was relaxed.

[b:1873dvix][color=orange:1873dvix]"Are you ready to go sweety?" [/color:1873dvix][/b:1873dvix]I asked her.

She nodded and held out her hand while I removed my foot from the stirup to let her use it to climb up. I took her hands in mine and gently pulled her up onto my lap. She swung her right leg over the horn of the saddle and settled down comfortably on my lap.

[b:1873dvix][color=orange:1873dvix]"All set then T'riss?"[/color:1873dvix][/b:1873dvix]

[color=indigo:1873dvix]"Yes Tal, I'm ready"[/color:1873dvix]

[b:1873dvix][color=orange:1873dvix]"Take the reigns then and take us back to the Inn, you know what to do,"[/color:1873dvix][/b:1873dvix] I said softly in her dark pointed ear.

She clucked and gently kicked Spotty with her heels. He ambled off back down the track at a walk.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I smiled to myself as I guided the horse down the forest path. Spotty really was a lovely horse. He knew I was inexperienced but because Talwyn had strong feelings for me, so did the horse. I started to hum a happy sweet tune and the horses ears flicked back, curious about the sound coming from behind his head. I lifted up my voice and sang out an old Elvish song that my blademaster and old friend who showed me the way to salvation, taught me all those years ago.

[youtube:2yp8hc2a]zqpZITYexNQ[/youtube:2yp8hc2a]

I felt Talwyns' hands on my hips as I hummed between the verses of the old song. As I stared to sing again, I began to feel the forest around us slowly come to life as though my song was waking it form its long sleep. Birds joined in, adding their calls and chirps to the song and the wind sighed through the trees with a ghostly echo of the Elves once lived here many years ago. I felt Talwyn looking around as the trees and plants rustled and moved as I sang. Spotty trotted on semmingly unconcered.

I stared out into the forest as I began to feel a presence, that we were being watched. I felt goosebums rise on my skin and could feel the tang of magic in the air.

[color=indigo:2yp8hc2a]"Talwyn love.....something is out there....it's watching us,"[/color:2yp8hc2a] I whispered cautiously as I reigned in Spotty, bring him to a halt.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I was enjoying listening to T'risstree sing her song. It was in a form of old high elvish which I did not understand but it was lovely to har her sing this ancient hymn.

As she sang the second verse, things started to come to life around us. The trees sighed and whispered and the birds and insects chirped and sang along with T'risstree.

I saw the fine hairs at the nape of T'risstre neck suddenly stand up and goosebumps broke out along her smooth silky dark arms. I didn't have the same senses as she did but I could tell that something was not quite right.

[color=indigo:1mlcj2uo][i:1mlcj2uo]"Talwyn love.....something is out there....it's watching us," [/i:1mlcj2uo][/color:1mlcj2uo]she whispered cautiously as she reigned in Spotty, bringing him to a halt.

[color=orange:1mlcj2uo][b:1mlcj2uo]"I know love, just be careful and stay on Spotty," [/b:1mlcj2uo][/color:1mlcj2uo]I said as I dismounted. She looked at me with concern but I smiled to her that it would be alright. I unuckled Frostbrand Spiders-Bane from the harness but kept the sword in its scabbard for now.

I walked forward cautiously, concentrating on sensing if any evil was nearby. I could feel nothing at all.

A figure then calmly walked out of the trees. It was clad in what were once splendid and ornate robes that now were faded tattered with age and neglect. It looked like a very old male Moon Elf. His long whispy white hair was nearly gone from his head and his skin was wrinkled and weathered like dry old parchment but his eyes shone with a strange eerie blue light. It stopped roughly 50 paces away in front of us and raised it's withered boney arm in greetings to us.

[b:1mlcj2uo][color=green:1mlcj2uo]"Amin beth llie naa tearc elea, nevae kesir ent bhen arsur'velahr vee' Avavaen, sai tearc,"[/color:1mlcj2uo][/b:1mlcj2uo] it said with a dry rhaspy voice.

I blinked, uncertain as to what I was being confronted by and I had no clue as to what it had just said.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I stared in confusion as the strange figure before us spoke in a language I didn't understand. It was old high elvish but I had very little idea what it was trying to say apart from, "greetings" and dark elf, which would be refering to me.

[color=indigo:1o1vflk1]"Vendui'nika nika. Xun dos telanth ilythiiri 'zil Usstan shlu'ta naut kampi'un dos? Vel'uss ph'dos lu'ele inbal dos stopped udossa?"[/color:1o1vflk1] I asked as I raised my hands in greetings, showing him I was unarmed. Spotty calmly started grazing on some nearby grass, completely unconcern about the very odd looking old moon elf in front of us.

[b:1o1vflk1][color=green:1o1vflk1]"Gi? Taudl, Usstan inbau 'go foldraevals. D'heen Usstan shlu'ta telanth ilythiiri, dalhar. Zhah nindol alur? Or perhaps I should speak in common as your human lover here seems to be unable to understand much of what we are saying,"[/color:1o1vflk1] [/b:1o1vflk1]it replied with a very dry chuckle that sounded almost like a death rattle.

[b:1o1vflk1][color=green:1o1vflk1]"Who am I? Let me see....I was N'vehyklia, a mage of what was once Phalorm, the nation that stood here proudly and shone in glory but, like all things, has pasted into the dust of history. I am one of the guardians of the Crypts of the Deepening Moon. It was your song chiild, that awoke my brethern from our slumber. We had not heard that song in ages and we thank you for it. I have watched you since you entered my domian. I must say you are both very naughty children behaving in such a lustful manner, very naughty indeed. For shame!"[/color:1o1vflk1][/b:1o1vflk1] it said as he waved a boney finger at us in admonishment but there was something in his tone of voice that hinted he wasn't really angry at us. As I started to smile, one of his bright blue glowing eyes winked at me.

[color=green:1o1vflk1][b:1o1vflk1]"You drow girls were always such naughty things,"[/b:1o1vflk1][/color:1o1vflk1] he said with a faint grin. [b:1o1vflk1][color=green:1o1vflk1]"You best watch out young man, she will have you wrapped around her little finger in no time and you will be exhausted from trying to satisfy her needs every night. Licentious creatures drow girls, yes licentious and utterly delightful if they aren't trying to cut your throat."[/color:1o1vflk1][/b:1o1vflk1] He chuckled ruefully again.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=orange:1kfvs9ew][b:1kfvs9ew]"Hail and well met magus N'vehyklia, formly of Phalorm. I am Talwyn..." [/b:1kfvs9ew][/color:1kfvs9ew]

[b:1kfvs9ew][color=green:1kfvs9ew]"Yes yes I know who you both are young man,"[/color:1kfvs9ew] [/b:1kfvs9ew]interupted N'vehyklia as he walked up to me and waved me to be quiet. [color=green:1kfvs9ew][b:1kfvs9ew]"You are Talwyn Aureliano, a paladin of Torm and she is a T'risstree Helviiryn, priestess of Eilistraee. I've been observing you as you carried on like a pair of love starved adolescents!"[/b:1kfvs9ew] [/color:1kfvs9ew]He rolled his shining glowing blue eyes. He nudged me in the ribs and gave me a hollow grin. [color=green:1kfvs9ew][b:1kfvs9ew]"She's quite the woman eh? No wonder you proposed to her! Can't blame you lad. Hells, if I was 500 years younger and still alive, I might have tried to steal her away from you myself!" [/b:1kfvs9ew][/color:1kfvs9ew]N'vehyklia laughed his hollow dry laugh and grinned at me like a deaths head. It was a little unnerving but I knew he meant us no harm...whatever he was.

[b:1kfvs9ew][color=orange:1kfvs9ew]"Unnhh Magus N'vehyklia, please don't take this the wrong way but you said if you were still alive, does this mean that you are no longer living?"[/color:1kfvs9ew][/b:1kfvs9ew]

[b:1kfvs9ew][color=green:1kfvs9ew]"Aha! You've got a bright one here young T'risstree! He's not as stupid as he looks eh?"[/color:1kfvs9ew][/b:1kfvs9ew] N'vehyklia cackled gleefully as he looked up at T'risstree then turned back to me and patted me on the head with his withered dry hand. [b:1kfvs9ew]"[color=green:1kfvs9ew]Good boy! Yes, I am no longer one of the living as you have correctly deduced my sharp witted friend. I am a Baelnorn, a guardian bound in eternal service in the defense of our sacred places. You two have been the first to have ventured in this far into the forest without a single thought of plundering our sacred tombs and crypts. It was very refreshing to see that you came here just to enjoy the beauty of the forest and to spend time with each other. Oh by the way lad, wonderful list you have for the act of sex. That will keep us amused for at least 50 years."[/color:1kfvs9ew] [/b:1kfvs9ew]He cackled once more with glee as he elbowed me in the ribs with his boney arm.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I laughed aloud at N'vehyklia and smiled broadly at him as he patronised Talwyn.

[color=indigo:3gdvimy0]"N'vehyklia, for someone who is dead, you are a lively soul,"[/color:3gdvimy0] I giggled.

[color=green:3gdvimy0][b:3gdvimy0]"Why thank you my dear. I pride myself in not letting myself completely go to rack and ruin and although blood no longer flows through my veins, I still feel and think as much as I did when I used to draw breath." [/b:3gdvimy0][/color:3gdvimy0] He smiled his unusual deaths head grin at me.

[color=indigo:3gdvimy0]"Please forgive us though N'vehyklia, we did not mean to trespass on any sacred areas. We just wanted to have a nice day together,"[/color:3gdvimy0] I added and smiled softly at Talwyn.

[b:3gdvimy0][color=green:3gdvimy0]"Forgive? Dearest girl and my dear boy, there is nothing to forgive. In fact you have brightened up my day in ways you can not comprehend. When I saw what you where up to, it brought back so many happy memories for me. That, my dear child, is a gift you gave me and it should be me thanking you. You can not imagine how boring and tedious it can be existing decade after dacade, driving away or sadly killing monsters and grave robbers who just want to move into your old tomb and mess up the place! Terrible I tell you, terrible! No, you two have been a breath of fresh air into a stale old crypt. In fact the others are envious that they missed "the show" you put on earlier,"[/color:3gdvimy0] [/b:3gdvimy0]he winked with a subtle leering grin and waggled his old whispy eyebrows.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I coughed in embarrassment and T'risstree laughed her silvery merry laugh as N'vehyklia told us we'd been putting on a display for him. The old Baelnorn was clearly bemused by us.

[color=orange:6veyom7m][b:6veyom7m]"Magus N'vehyklia, you mentioned others? What others?"[/b:6veyom7m][/color:6veyom7m]

[b:6veyom7m][color=green:6veyom7m]"Look around you lad, they are here now and want to say hello to you both,"[/color:6veyom7m][/b:6veyom7m] said N'vehyklia kindly as he gestured around us.

Out of the forest slowly came about 12 figures that approached us, hands raised in greetings. An even mix of male and female Moon elves and all were similarly attired like N'vehyklia. Their beautiful robes and gowns were faded with age and they all looked old for elves. The females though had seemed to retain more of their former beauty than the males. Their hair was still mostly intact though not as lusterous as it was when they were alive.

[color=orange:6veyom7m][b:6veyom7m]"Hail to you all. You have my thanks for this honour," [/b:6veyom7m][/color:6veyom7m] I said with a deep courtly bow.

[b:6veyom7m][color=green:6veyom7m]"Ahh Paladins, they are such charming and polite creatures and this one is quite vigorous I hear,"[/color:6veyom7m][/b:6veyom7m] said one of the female Baelnorn with a titter as she came over to me and examined me like a prize bull.

[color=green:6veyom7m][b:6veyom7m]"Don't get any thoughts on keeping him Maevilia. He's taken by the young drow girl," [/b:6veyom7m][/color:6veyom7m] said N'vehyklia with a sigh and roll of his eyes.

[b:6veyom7m][color=green:6veyom7m]"Huh! Hush N'vehyklia, I am not speaking to you," [/color:6veyom7m][/b:6veyom7m] sniffed Maevilia haughtily. She turned to T'risstree, [b:6veyom7m][color=green:6veyom7m]"Girl, be a dear and lend me your young man for say 5 years? I'll be gentle with him and you will get him back I promise. He's very handsome and I could use some amusement as these old dry bones aren't much fun anymore," [/color:6veyom7m][/b:6veyom7m] she said as she gestured with a bored expression to the other Baelnorn.

I smiled politely but felt a little uncomfortable being treated like a piece of meat by an undead ancient elven woman who clearly had designs on me.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I got off Spotty and held the regns lightly in my hand as I came over to stand next to Talwyn.

[color=indigo:31hm6u34]"Sorry Maevilia, I don't think Talwyn would be able to keep you entertained properly as you might wish for 5 years. Besides he's offered to marry me and you know how seriously paladins take their oaths and vows,[/color:31hm6u34]" I said with wink to Maevilia. She sniffed, then sighed in disapointment.

[b:31hm6u34][color=green:31hm6u34]"I suppose you're right girl. Charming as he might be now, he'll probably get a bit dull and tiresome after a couple of years. All paladins act so nobly but they can become such stuffy bores after a while. You have your work cut out for you girl, as training him to be more fun will be a bit of a chore. Yet he is such a handsome boy,"[/color:31hm6u34] [/b:31hm6u34]she trailed off as she gently caressed Talwyn's cheek with her hand with a fond sigh.

[color=indigo:31hm6u34]"I will do my best Maevilia. It is a burden I'm willing to take on,"[/color:31hm6u34] I said with a faint smile as I put my arm around his waist.

[b:31hm6u34][color=green:31hm6u34]"Good for you girl!"[/color:31hm6u34][/b:31hm6u34] she said with a smile.[color=green:31hm6u34] [b:31hm6u34]"You do make an intersting couple. If you can overcome your differences, I think you will both have a very bright and loving future ahead of you."[/b:31hm6u34][/color:31hm6u34]

I nodded in acknowledgemt to Maevilia and smiled back at Talwyn who seemed relieved that he wasn't going to be given away to the female Baelnorn.

N'vehyklia cleared his throat with a rattling cough.

[color=green:31hm6u34][b:31hm6u34]"Ahem...tempted as you are to steal away the girls' fiance Maevilia, it isn't the nice thing to do. You've had your fair share of lovers over the centuaries. Young T'risstree and Talwyn are still among the living and I would say that they probably would wish to stay amongst the living rather than us moldy old bags of withered flesh,"[/b:31hm6u34][/color:31hm6u34] he said with a frown.

[b:31hm6u34][color=green:31hm6u34]"Phfft! N'vehyklia, I have already let him go you foolish pile of bones. By the Elf Father you are slow. Do you have worms in your brain? It would explain a lot you know,"[/color:31hm6u34] [/b:31hm6u34]Maevilia quipped with a snort.

[color=indigo:31hm6u34]"No, we don't mind staying and talking to you all, do we Talwyn?"[/color:31hm6u34] I asked. I felt a bit sorry for the Baelnorn as all they had to look forward to was an eternity of the same thing year after year.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=orange:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"No, I don't suppose it would be too much trouble to stay and talk for a while? That is if you want us to stay N'vehyklia, Maevilia?"[/b:1u1po4hb] [/color:1u1po4hb]I asked. They both nodded in agreement, pleased that we would honour their simple request

[color=green:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"You will stay? Splendid! We won't take too much of your time children as I know you have to go to Waterdeep tomorrow. We would just like to hear of news of the outside world and perhaps T'risstree could sing again for us? That would be truly wonderful if you could do that," [/b:1u1po4hb] [/color:1u1po4hb]said N'vehyklia hopefully. The other Baelnorn nodded in agreement with N'vehyklia, all looking hopeful of hearing something new and spending time with the living once more.

[color=orange:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"Of course, that is no trouble at all Magus N'vehyklia. Well... where do I begin? Let me see...well since your folk left the Ardeep, a lot has happened in the realms over these past 30 odd years..."[/b:1u1po4hb] [/color:1u1po4hb]I began and then started to recount the major events of the last 30 years that have changed and shaped the world outside the Ardeep Forest. The Baelnorn listened intently, occasionally asking questions and talking amongst themselves when they learned of major historical events that have happened in the realms.

During my recounting, N'vehyklia gestured and summoned a huge table and 15 chairs out of nothing and bade us to sit down and for me to keep going with my history. I spoke for about an hour, trying to recall all the important facts and dates for them.

[color=orange:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"..and so that's is pretty much it. I was raised by Torm and cared for by T'riss here as I recovered from my burns. She is simply amazing and I never thought I'd have fallen in love again in such a way," [/b:1u1po4hb][/color:1u1po4hb] I concluded with a smile to T'risstree. She smiled back and leaned over and kissed me gently.

The Baelnorn were silent for a short while. Then N'vehyklia spoke up quietly.

[color=green:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"Thank you lad. You have given us so much to think on. You are a remarkable and very fortunate young man. It is good to hear of the outside world once more. It is funny listening to the roll of history and the events within it because though things change, they still stay the same. Wars, rampages of dragons, dieties dying and new ones ascending...all of it. It's all happened before and will happen again, make no mistake on that my dear children." [/b:1u1po4hb] [/color:1u1po4hb]He paused in quiet reflection for a few moments then perked up with a hopeful look at T'risstree.

[color=green:1u1po4hb][b:1u1po4hb]"Dearest T'risstree, would you grant a bunch of moldy old Baelnorn one more favour? Please...could you sing for us again? One of the old songs of our people, one of a happier time..."[/b:1u1po4hb][/color:1u1po4hb]