The Ardeep Forest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

I giggled at his joke but I knew what he meant by it too.

[color=indigo:1y0t2ly1]"Ok Tal, we will walk and not run but I do like the idea of lots of screwing as you so charmingly put it!" [/color:1y0t2ly1]

I laughed aloud as rolled his eyes and shook head.

[color=indigo:1y0t2ly1]"You have the funniest sayings. I love it! Tell me more!" [/color:1y0t2ly1]

I pestered him with demanding eyes and a semi serious pouty smirk as I lay on his chest resting my chin on my hands and looked down at him.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[color=orange:sv3atzmr][b:sv3atzmr]"You are insane T'riss but I suppose I should make sure you don't have any gaps in your vocabuklary as you might miss something important one day. But wanting to know crass things like the idioms for sex? Well...if that is what you want?"[/b:sv3atzmr][/color:sv3atzmr]

She nodded with glee.

[b:sv3atzmr][color=orange:sv3atzmr]"Umm...let me see now...shag, bonk, hump, boff, knee tremble, bang, making the beast with two backs, roger, schtupp, to lay or get laid, bone, nail, do as in do you, fool around, mess about, bumpin' uglies, drill, doing the deed, bump and grind, slap and tickle, ride, hanky panky, doing the horizontal tango, plough the field, sowing wild oats, the old heave ho, playing hide the sausage, have a quickie, sheathing the pork sword...yeah that just about covers it,"[/color:sv3atzmr][/b:sv3atzmr] I finished as she rolled about screaming with laughter. She was nigh hysterical and tear s of mirth were rolling down her face as she cackled away.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I started laughing as he began to list all the various phrases and names for vith and to have it.

As the list went on I just couldn't stop laughing.

What was even funnier was that he KNEW all these things!

I rolled about crying and laughing so hard I was almost gasping for air. I couldn't look at him as everytime I did, I'd burst into giggles again.

Finally I got myself under control but I still had a huge grin on my face.

[color=indigo:30aiwxr5]"Talwyn honey...how do you know all these names? You supposed to be a nice clean paladin! Virtuous and true and noble, not like some sleazey rough whore house bouncer who'd know every name under the sun for the act of sex. Wow...I have a lot to learn about you lover boy...and I think I'm going to enjoy it,"[/color:30aiwxr5] I said with a huge grin and started giggling against..

Sheathing the pork sword indeed! Far too funny!
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[b:21tzm487][color=orange:21tzm487]"How do I know? When you spend a few years with sailors and marines, you pick up some interesting terminology. I pride myself on being widely read and having a broad vocabulary as being erudite and eloquent shows sophistication, wit, charm and intelligence my dear. Verily it is indeed commitent and of the highest importance that you ascertain and discover more about your pristine and innovative significant life partner. I am enthusiastic, keen and zealously dedicated to promolgating your journey of enlightenment as pertains to my character, personality and identity."[/color:21tzm487] [/b:21tzm487]I said with a small flourish at the end. I serenely smiled at her then lay back and looked up at the afternoon sky.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I rolled my eyes at him.

[color=indigo:2mzlskyz]"Yutri et'zarreth,[/color:2mzlskyz]" I sniffed haughtily.

He was amusing though and it was true that being well spoken and widely read made you a better person than the other numb skulls that wandered about with very little in their minds. Knowledge is power and words convey knowledge so the greater command of a language, the more powerful you can become.

[color=indigo:2mzlskyz]"I have underestimated you husband. Your command of the language is very broad and as such, you can weild it like a rapier, cutting your enemies down with scathing rebukes and stinging taunts. Or you can soothe flared tempers and bruised egos with gentle words and flattering phrases. And you can melt the iciest of hearts with warm loving couplets of words that speak of the need for affection, of caring and the desired to be wanted. I like how you have mastery over the language as that shows your power and even though I no longer worship Lolth, I still find power very attrractive," [/color:2mzlskyz]I purred huskily as I ran my fingertips lightly over his bare chest causing his to shiver slightly. He seems quite ticklish. I will remember that.

[color=indigo:2mzlskyz]"Yes...it's very attractive indeed...but don't be a smart ass dearest, that isn't so hot"[/color:2mzlskyz] I said with a teasing smile.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Aha! I wondered when that hoary old chestnut that goes by the name of "Power" would roll into view. Time to put that one down.

[color=orange:1x0ldthl][b:1x0ldthl]"Dos shlu'ta plynn l'ilythiiri doeb d'l'har'oloth jhal shlu'ta dos plynn l'har'oloth doeb d'l'ilythiiri?" [/b:1x0ldthl][/color:1x0ldthl] I quoted.
T'risstree's eyes narrowed with a dangerous look in them as she frowned at me.

[b:1x0ldthl][color=orange:1x0ldthl]"Easy love, I meant no offense by it. I was just making a comment about what you just said about being attracted to power. That's the Underdark still speaking through you. The truth is that we are all shaped and molded by the environment from which we came. That will always be with us. You and many like you, have proven that people change if they truly wish to and thus are not held back by their environment. However it takes a rare and special individual to acheive such change and to maintain the change till the change becomes the new personality. Why I said what I said was because you said you are attracted to power and that I am powerful. Well that is true. I hold rank and priveledge that few can attain. I am favoured by my god which is something even fewer people can lay claim to. I have enough wealth to buy lands, raise a small army and build a castle if I so choose as I have set aside funds for just such a purpose. Yet all these things are not as important to me but the respect I have from my friends and the love that I receive from you and my god is important."[/color:1x0ldthl][/b:1x0ldthl]

I gently caressed my tempremental vexed wife who now understood what I felt about power. She was no longer angry but thoughtful and listening intently. I continued,

[b:1x0ldthl][color=orange:1x0ldthl]"We have two sayings about power, "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". The other saying is "With great power comes great responsibility". Both are true and both need to be in a paladin's mind at all times. I could choose to strive for greater power but I would have to examine my motives as to why I was doing so. If my motivation was to simply please you then my grab for power is corrupt and I will be cast out from Torm's fold. Do not ever make the mistake in asking, demanding or try to manipulate me into something I must not do. The road to hell begins with but one single step my love. I do not intend to take that step and any thoughts you have may entertain of me being your pawn or vassal in a quest to dominate will be fruitless." [/color:1x0ldthl][/b:1x0ldthl]

She looked a little moody as I was lecturing her but it had to be done now and done right.

[b:1x0ldthl][color=orange:1x0ldthl]"T'risstree darling, I say this because I love you and I do not want you to think that you can push me into things that are not of my choosing. That is not how a relationship of equals works. I understand your background where females are viewed as superior. With us, I am not your superior and neither you are mine. We are husband and wife and together as equals, we are stronger. Here, I will show you." [/color:1x0ldthl][/b:1x0ldthl]

She said nothing and continued to look doubtful and moody but she nodded quietly and was prepared to keep listening to me as I began my little demonstration. I gathered up a few twigs that were laying near us on the forest floor.

[b:1x0ldthl][color=orange:1x0ldthl]"Here, take this twig." [/color:1x0ldthl][/b:1x0ldthl]

I handed her a small twig.

[color=orange:1x0ldthl][b:1x0ldthl]"Now break it." [/b:1x0ldthl][/color:1x0ldthl]

She did so with ease.

[color=orange:1x0ldthl][b:1x0ldthl]"Now take this small bundle of twigs and break that."[/b:1x0ldthl][/color:1x0ldthl]

She tried with all her might but she couldn't snap the small bundle. I laid my hands on hers to stop her trying and said gently,

[color=orange:1x0ldthl][b:1x0ldthl]"That is us my love, we are bonded together and together we are stronger than we are by ourselves. United we stand and divided we will fall. That is the simple truth. You are vital to me now as I am to you. We complete each other and compliment each other. My strengths and your strengths will cover for the others weaknesses and our love, that will grow strong and proud like the mighty Oak tree, will be the glue that binds us."[/b:1x0ldthl][/color:1x0ldthl]

She looked at me with a faint calm smile. Then, without words, kissed me ever so tenderly and lovingly with her sweet soft lips.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

When Talwyn said,

[b:3w4ubli4][color=orange:3w4ubli4]"You can take the drow out of the underdark but can you take the underdark out of the drow?"[/color:3w4ubli4][/b:3w4ubli4] he was lucky that I was feeling in a very good mood, that I was relaxed and happy after making love with him. Otherwise I might have punched him on the nose! But then he clarified his words by giving long winded explaination that in the end, was a declaration of how we are stronger together than apart.

It would be our love that would hold us together.

When he said those final words I had forgiven everything he'd said earlier, even if he was being a bit preachy and lecturing towards me. Maybe that why hardly any drow women end up marrying paladins? I've committed myself to him now and...well...he's still adorable and very lovable so I'll keep him. Yet though he says he doesn't want me to manipulate him, he will have to accept one way or another that there will be some changes and he will see things my way, by the goddess he will, silly male.

[color=indigo:3w4ubli4]"Talwyn, at first I felt really upset that you would think that my journey out of the darkness had not changed me. I felt like hitting you but that would have shown you that you were right. And that is not who I am any more. Once you explained that you are wary of power and do not seek it, I understood you concerns. Please, my love, please believe me when I tell you I won't try to manipulate you or twist your choices to my whims. I am female and I was used to getting my way. I admit there will be times that I WILL nag you or will try to get my way but they will never be things that you would not do....you might not want to do them but that will be for other reasons but you won't have a moral crisis in doing them. Would you balk at changing our childs diaper in the middle of the night when I was too tired or too sick? Would you feel that your journey to the darkside had began because I wanted to us to go out to a party with my friends and you wanted to stay at home and do your own thing? Would it be a stain on your noble honor that I want you to be near me when you may wish to be elsewhere or want to do something manly like fishing? No? I didn't think so. So stop your fussing you silly man and obey me!"[/color:3w4ubli4]

I grinned and poked out my tongue at him then kissed him once more but I sighed inwardly. It was a passing thought but a significant one.

Men!

Still, we understand each other much better now. I know he does not want power even though he could be a mighty warlord or a usurper to a throne if he wanted. His charisma and natural leadership ability would bring hundreds to his banner if he so choose to raise one. He doesn't want that. He is far more gentle and more thoughtful despite his strength.

[color=indigo:3w4ubli4]"Talwyn, I think I have understood something about you. You are strong but you hide your power and wealth. You are strong in yourself and that is why you do not need to seek more power. I get that now. I find that even more attractive as the hidden strength is the one to be most wary of. Oh you are clever my love. I admit that I would be happy if you did build a beautiful castle for us to live in and that we had men at arms to defend us plus servants to help us in our daily activities. What sensible woman wouldn't like or want something like that? Please my love, what ever you choose to do with your wealth, I will support you. I just want you to hear what I might like...that's all. The fact that you could afford to build a castle is wonderfull. It would give me and my kind a refuge plus the bonus is that it'll be a fortress for your Tormish faithful as well. We would become a beacon, an example to other humans by our actions. We could show that our marriage and love is a bridge between our races. Think it over my love, that's all I ask."[/color:3w4ubli4]

I could see he was thinking deeply now. Poor man, he doesn't have a chance when it comes to dealing with a drow woman who wants to get her way.

I smiled lovingly at him and snuggled up next to him, feeling like a cat who has got the cream. I almost purred with pleasure when he cuddled me in his strong arms.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I thought about what she'd just said.

It has merit indeed. It may be another way of manipulating me in a direction I hadn't thought to go but perhaps now that I have someone to take care of, I should start considering what I could do with all that money.

[b:v22ojypz][color=orange:v22ojypz]"Alright T'riss, I think you might have a point with regards to what I spend our money on. Yes, ours. Don't look surprised love, when I committed to you, what was mine became ours and you are perfectly right to want to express what you want and need."[/color:v22ojypz][/b:v22ojypz]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I blinked in real surprise when he said that his money was ours to spend. I never realised he would be this open and generous and I suddenly felt guilty and a little ashamed that I had tried to manipulate him when all I had to do was to ask or suggest something. He would have said yes anyway.

I hugged him so tightly and felt myself start to cry. I laid my head in his chest, wiping my foolish happy girly tears away.

[color=indigo:2kzclgjj]"Talwyn...you are a silly man but oh I do love you so much. I'm sorry I tried to manipulate you. I never realised that you would be this open and so generous. You make me love you more and more." [/color:2kzclgjj]

I looked up at him, sniffled and hugged him again as tight as I could.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[b:3ciylcew][color=orange:3ciylcew]"Hey hey...don't cry my sweet lady, please don't cry." [/color:3ciylcew][/b:3ciylcew]

I whispered softly to her as she sniffled and clung onto me fiercely. I stroked her hair gently. I was a bit surprised by her reaction to be honest. Maybe it is because she does not know me well enough?

That must be it.

I suppose we will have these moments where we will discover things about each other that will shock, thrill, delight, upset, anger and move deeply.

[b:3ciylcew][color=orange:3ciylcew]"T'riss my darling girl, its alright, dry your tears and smile. You have become a very wealthy woman. You could say Tymora has dealt you a winning hand. If you think we should build a castle and become a haven for your people fleeing Lolths evil, then we will do it. It will take time though, you will have to be patient but it is a grand idea and I know that my church would approve of such a venture. I think they'd like me to settle down anyway and spend the cash as it is choking their coffers."[/color:3ciylcew][/b:3ciylcew]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I regained my composure and dried my tears. I hunted around for a napkin and blew my nose and cleaned myself up.

[color=indigo:i6jw1am0]"I must look awful now,"[/color:i6jw1am0] I pouted dejectedly.

He shook his head and smiled at me. He is soooo sweet, I almost want to cry again.

No! I will be stronga and smile for him. I will be happy and there will be no more tears as I can see it upsets him when I cry, even though I'm happy.

[color=indigo:i6jw1am0]"Tal ussta ssinssrigg, umm...I don't mean to be nosey and please don't think I'm gold digging but just how much money do you have?" [/color:i6jw1am0]

I snuggled against him and wrapped the blanket around us as I was starting feel a little cold.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=orange:3aa6dnbv][b:3aa6dnbv]"Hmm, let me think for a moment."[/b:3aa6dnbv][/color:3aa6dnbv]

I paused as I quickly did some sums in my head, taking into account all the treasure I'd accumulated over my adventuring days minus the tithes I paid to the church.

[b:3aa6dnbv][color=orange:3aa6dnbv]"I think it'd be close to three quarters of a million in gold and about half that in gems, jewelery and items of art and magic. Yeah...roughly 1.224 million give or take a few thousand I think? Will that be enough you think?" [/color:3aa6dnbv] [/b:3aa6dnbv]I asked her. Before she answered I continued,

[b:3aa6dnbv][color=orange:3aa6dnbv]"I've never really bothered with money or finance, it bored me. I gave away more than necessary but I had plenty to give. The church had set up holding accounts for knights who had not yet settled down and we were allowed to bank extra monies and items there as long as those funds were to be used for the purpose of building a stronghold or home for yourself. I suppose now is as good a time as any. The trick here will be to find unclaimed land that is suitable to be taken and built upon. Otherwise I will have to purchase land of some noble and they tend to charge like wounded bulls. They will want vassalage and service from me as well. I don't think I want to be some petty nobles token paladin. I can do more good by being independant by not bowing and scrapping to some limp streak of inbred piss of a fop who thinks more of hunting and fashion than he does for his lands and people."[/color:3aa6dnbv][/b:3aa6dnbv]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I looked at him stunned and incredulous, my mouth open and a look of shock on my face.

I could hardly speak for a bit.

[color=indigo:2iehahtb]"A l'quar'valsharess, Usstan inbal chi wund natha lanke d'plak'la,"[/color:2iehahtb] I mumbled round eyed and astonished once the figures had finally settled in my mind.

[color=indigo:2iehahtb]"Over a million in gold? Unnnhh...yeah that will be enough....I think...more than enough,[/color:2iehahtb]" I squeaked out hesitently.

I couldn't believe it? He was that wealthy?

[color=indigo:2iehahtb]"How Talwyn? How do you have so much money? Not that it bothers me but I am so very very curious to hear how you became so rich,[/color:2iehahtb]" I asked wonderingly.

I looked at my millionaire husband in a new light.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=orange:w5ylit2w][b:w5ylit2w]"How did I get this rich? Let me see. Umm...first off I helped out in a civil war in the far east and was richly rewarded by the king and his cheif minister for saving their lives during an assassination attempt. I also fought in that war and earned quite a bit of booty and pay for my service. Then, a group of my friends and I set out to kill a red dragon some years back. Incendrius was an old wyrm who lurked in the Dragon Reach mountains north of the ruined city of Phlan and he'd made himself quite a horde. We killed him after a long and very dangerous fight. I got a good chunk of change as my share when we divided up the loot. Also there was my days as a Marine captain in the Tantran Navy. We got prize money for every pirate ship we captured intact. Lets just say my crew were quite good at what we did. Plus we found a pirate base and took it out and liberated a lot of their ill gotton gains. Then I got another load of money when I destroyed my ex wifes vampire coven. They'd been praying on nobility and robbing their way across Sembia. I returned what I could to the rightful owners but a lot I couldn't so I donated half to worthy causes and kept the rest. I also get a stipend from the Golden Lions plus I've made some canny investments in trading caravans over the years. So that's how I've become so rich. I don't spend a lot, I live reasonably simply and I don't have an estate to maintain thus it's easy to save lots of money when your expences are low." [/b:w5ylit2w][/color:w5ylit2w]

I looked up the sky and reflected on past glories for a moment. Ahh the good old days...being a simple knight errant and letting the road take me to adventure. That was freedom.

I smiled down at her.

[b:w5ylit2w][color=orange:w5ylit2w]"I hoped that answers your questions sweety? It's all legitimate and it's all ours now. It will take a bit of time to get the letters of credit for me to access the money and we will have to be legally married for you to lawfully access the money too."[/color:w5ylit2w][/b:w5ylit2w]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

I'd finally processed this new and amazing revelation about Talwyn and his amazing wealth. When you look at him, you wouldn't think he was richer than many nobles. Sure he wears magical shiny golden plate armor and has nice clothes but he is humble and not flashy when it comes to money.
[color=indigo:8sncv1f5]
"I have to say I'm blown away by this news Talwyn. I came from a moderately powerful house back from my home city but we were never that wealthy! Quar'valsharess, ol zhah henotep ulu mzilt ulu talinth bauth,"[/color:8sncv1f5] I muttered almost to myself. I saw him looking at me with concern.

[color=indigo:8sncv1f5]"It's alright my love, I'm still adjusting to the idea my husband is enormously wealthy. It's a shock but a real nice one, real nice."[/color:8sncv1f5]

I laid my head back on his chest thinking to myself. Then a thought popped into my head.

[color=indigo:8sncv1f5]"Oh...you said we had to be legally married. What does that mean exactly? Isn't our vow and pledge enough?"[/color:8sncv1f5] I asked.
clicky2cme