The Ardeep Forest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

The Ardeep Forest

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

[color=green:ckp91tx4][b:ckp91tx4]*Not far from the world famous Half Moon Inn is the The Ardeep Forest. It is a relatively small but thick woodland of blueleaf, duskwood and weirwood trees an is just a few miles east of Waterdeep, on the south bank of the River Dessarin.

Ardeep Forest, like most of the ancient forests of Faerûn is a lot smaller than it used to be but it still contains large numbers of wild boar and a lot of deer. Ardeep Forest contains a lot of ridges and steep gullys that are hidden beneath thick vines, dense shrubbery and cloaked in mists which have no doubt been responsible for many a broken neck.

Thanks to the loamy ground, Ardeep Forest's vegetation is thick and healthy and aids the growth of mushrooms that glow faintly. Visitors to Ardeep Forest either come to experience a truly untamed woodland or to seek secrecy.

It is a pretty place, with sun-dappled paths and pleasant verges, but veer too far off the path and you risk falling down one of the many aforementioned pitfalls.*[/b:ckp91tx4][/color:ckp91tx4]

[img:ckp91tx4]http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs42/f/2009/ ... UKTara.jpg[/img:ckp91tx4]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I let T'rissree hold the reigns and guide Spotty as we entered the Ardeep Forest along a well worn sunlit path. She was seated in front of me on the saddle, sitting half on my lap. We'd tried riding together with her sitting behind me but she complained she couldn't see anything and sitting on the saddle blanket was uncomfortable for her. Plus we'd loaed up the saddle bags with items for a picnic and her legs just could fit around them. She would of been in pain sitting like that within minutes and that would've been not fun for her.

Since she was much smaller than me, plus I could adjust my saddle a bit, it was easier for her to sit up front and start to learn how to handle a horse. I was just wearing a mail shirt over a clean blue tunic plus good sturdy kharki riding pants, my old straw hat pushed back so I could enjoy the view. She was wearing her soft supple leathers and had tied her long silvery blonde hair back, pinning into an simple bun.

As a kind gesture to Spotty, she had blessed him with extra strength so she would not be a burden. I felt the horses gratitude after she did this. He was very intelligent for a horse and at first wasn't all that happy to be carrying an extra rider but she had brought him apples and had made a big fuss over him. He naturally accepted her gifts and attention and decided she was nice enough and wouldn't try to eat her hair or bite her. He's still a temermental old warhorse that sometimes lets his cantankerous nature show, especially when it comes to wmoen. I think it was because his first owner was a bitch of a Tyran paladin who treated him like a dumb animal, a beast of burden. She ended up regreting not looking after her warhorse as he threw her in a battle when she tried to make him charge into a wall of orc spearmen. He ran off and she earned her death at the hands of the orcs.

"Just let him have his head T'riss. He'll follow the path and find us somewhere nice to stop and rest."

She nodded and held the reigns very loosely in her hands.

"You know, I've never actually explored these woods? I remember reading about its history briefly while I was in Waterdeep. The last of Moon elves that lived here only just recently abandoned the forest, retreating west to Evermeet in the year 1344DR. It is said they left behind a lot of Baelnorn and Green Warden guardians to protect their legacy but without the elves themselves, various monsters including Assassin Vines, tribes of Kobolds, nyths, tendriculouses, thirsts of stirges and other creatures have moved in. So we should keep an eye open for trouble but I was reassured by a ranger that as long as we don't venture to far in, then we will be undisturbed by such things."

She listened quietly, her eyes scanning the beautiful woods. She smiled in delight, watching birds fly between the trees and she inhaled deeply, breathing in the fresh summer air. It was getting close to mid-day. It wasn't a particularly warm day, just one of those perfect days of ambient tempreture and blue skies. We were riding under the huge forest canopy and were in the cool shade. A light breeze was blowing of the river just to the north west of us. I could smell her perfume and the scents of the forest.

I leaned down and kissed her neck, causing her to giggle and sigh with pleasure.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

OOC: gonna try your way of posting just for this thread :angel:

IC:

I was having so much fun.

It had taken ages to get Talwyn to leave the Inn. He'd wanted to stay and finish his chores but I wasn't going to let the day waste while I waited for him to buff up his dam platemail. He got a little grumpy and I could see he was going to dig his heels in until I said I would help him with the job when we got back later on. That won him around to my way. So easy and simple once he saw it my way. This was shaping up to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I'd enhanced his warhorse, Spotty, with Bulls Strength so the horse wouldn't feel too over burderned. Talwyn said it wasn't necessary but I didn't want to hurt the horse. He laughed and said Spotty was used to carrying heavy loads, like him in full battle plate with lances and weapons plus Spotty's own armour. Still, Spotty was the first horse that I was going to ride and I wanted to make friends with him. He was big, 21 hands high and his coat was a dappled brown with white and grey spots along his rump. He has a diamond shaped white mark on his forhead and a long dark mane. Talwyn had a special bond with him and told me that he could talk to the horse with his mind. I was a little envious that he could do that with such a beautiful, intelligent creature like Spotty was.

We'd packed a hamper of food and wine. Talwyn wanted beer as well as he said he likes it with bread and cheese. I didn't object as I quite like human beer.

So here I was, perched in front of him on a fine warhorse, riding into an old forest for my first picnic. I had only known him for a day. When I arrived at the Half Moon Inn, becoming besotted over a handsome human male paladin was the last thing on my mind. All I wanted was a safe place to sleep and have a nice cooked meal.

It ended up that he got into a fight with some human assassin, a favoured of Bhaal. The assassin was a match for Talwyn but he didn't count on the fact that Talwyn was prepared to end his own life to kill the assassin. Talwyn called down the divine wrath of Torm on himself and the assassin, killing both of them in the process. Then Torm himself appeared and raised his paladin back from death. It was the first human god avatar I have seen and I was in awe of Torm. I could sense his strength and nobility, that it was almost overwhelming. His eyes were kind and full of compassion but I knew there was fire and steel there too, that he was capable of the most resolute action. It was a most interesting and memorable night.

And now here I am, riding along with this very cute and handsome man who was favoured by a god. Fate and the will of the gods have brought me here to be in his arms and for that I am so happy.

He leaned down and kissed my neck. It tickled and made me squirm and wriggle but it also sent a thrill through me. I could feel his strong hands on my hips, holding me gently as we rode along.

[color=indigo:nclfh9j7]"Easy now mrannd'ssinss wiu. We will eat soon yes?"[/color:nclfh9j7]

I breathed in deeply again, the smell of the forest filling my senses. It reminded my of the Neverwinter woods where I lived with Shanilath, lush, green and so beautiful.

[color=indigo:nclfh9j7]"So Talwyn, tell me about yourself. How did you become a paladin of Torm? Please, I think we should get to know one another better if that is alright with you?[/color:nclfh9j7]" I asked as Spotty ambled down the shaded path towards a large grass covered shaded glade.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I chuckled when she asked for me to tell her all about myself. It's on of those questions that you can avoid if you so choose but because I felt something for her, she should know who she is with. Besides, I am honour bond to tell nothing but the truth and I think she knows that.

"Where do I begin? Hmm...well I became a paladin becuase my father had served Torm and his father before him and so on. My family hails from the east, around the lands of Tantras. I have been a paladin now since winning my spurs for nigh on 20 years. I've travelled half a way across the world. I've been to the far east and back. I've fought in wars and countless squirmishes. I served in the Tantran navy sailing the The Dragon Reach and Sea of Falling Stars. I've seen things that you could not even dream of, warships on fire on a starlight sea, a flight of Silver Dragons, glittering, wheeling and dancing in a graceful aerial ballet that would leave you in awe. I've met my god three times, I have died and seen what lies beyond the veil only to return and continue in Torms service. I have loved and lost love, been married and was forced to kill my own insane wife when she turned to vampirism." T'risstree gasped, eyes wide and shocked at that revelation.

I paused for a moment thinking about Eve.

"I had to do it T'riss....you would know that. A vampire must not be allowed to exist, they are an anethema to all living things."

I sighed and felt her hand cover mine and squeeze it as she sought to comfort me.

"And now I'm a Knight Captain in the order of the Golden Lions. I have prestige, even power if I wish it. But all of these things...these memories of incredible wonderous and terrible things...all of them will be lost...like tears in rain.....when I die," I said softly not quite looking at her, a half lopsided melnacholy smile on my face.

She caressed my cheek, her eyes filled with tender compassion.
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:y37jttpm]"Shush mrannd'ssinss wiu, it's alright, they will not be lost now. You have told me of them and I will remember."[/color:y37jttpm]

I kissed him gently, shushing him and bringing him out of his melancholy reverie.

[color=indigo:y37jttpm]"No more sad talk mrannd'ssinss wiu today, ok? We will have a happy day, share this time and remember in years to come as our first day together as lovers."[/color:y37jttpm]

He nodded and smiled.

I felt a little guilty and should have known better. Asking him to tell me about himself was perhaps a little foolish of me. He would be bound by his code to be totally honest.

Everyone has painful memories. I do and I wondered if I would ever have the courage to be so open and honest like he was?

[color=indigo:y37jttpm]"I too have painful memories Tal...but now is not the time to share them I think. Now then, lets tether Spotty and set up under those trees over there. It looks like the perfect spot to me."[/color:y37jttpm]

I was glad to distract him and myself and focus on the picnic.

By the Goddesss though...he was married and killed his own wife! That was a lot to take in on my first day with him. I made sure he wouldn't see how much that had rocked me. It's hard to believe but I think I understand his actions. Destroying a vampire is something that needs to be done but destroying one that was your wedded spouse....quar'valsharess...that must have taken real fortitude and iron will to go through with.

I put that thought aside and helped him with the saddle bags with our food and things.

We walked together to the stand of trees.

He spread out the blankets while I unpacked the hamper, getting out the food, plates and some knives and spoons.

I sat back on my legs and looked at him. He was tethering the horse to a nearby tree and giving him a drink of water.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I was glad that she had changed the topic. I didn't want to dwell on the past. Too many ghosts and skeletons there. The past will always be with me but I refuse to let it hold me in it's grip, forcing me gaze backwards.

No, I'm going to look forwards today. There is a lovely young woman who wants to be here with me and I can do no less than be totally here for her.

"Spotty will graze on the grass now. It will do him good to have that as too many nose bags of oats will only make him fat," I said as I walked back over to where she was sitting waiting for me. The horse whinnied in protest at my comment.

[i:32100pq8]Oats won't make me fat[/i:32100pq8] he thought at me grumpily.

Just before I got back to where she was sitting, I noticed a clump of wildflowers, Bluebells and Angels Breath, behind one of the trees. I quickly ducked aside, picked a small bunch and came back over to her holding the posie out to her.

Her face lit up with appreciation and enchantment as I handed her the flowers. She breathed in, savouring the subtle perfume of the wildflowers. I plucked one small sprig out of the bunch she was holding and gently tuckled it into her hair behind her left ear. Her eyes shone with joy as I sat back and gazed at her sitting across from me.

She was so lovely as she sat the smiling shyly while holding her flowers, a spring of Bluebells in her hair. The irridescent blue offset the silvery blondeness of her hair nicely.

"There....perfect. You look lovely T'risstree." She beamed at me bashfully.

I settled back on the rug, leaning on my left elbow. She looked down at her flowers, examining them for a long moment, as though she'd never seen such blooms before. Then she laid then down gently and slithered her way over to me with a sultry look in her eyes.

"Would you like some wine T'riss?" I pulled out a bottle of sweet white wine, a Verdelho, from the cold bag. It was nicely chilled.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

He gave me flowers!

No one has ever given me flowers before.

I was dam near overwhelmed by this sudden and really sweet gesture that I had to look down at the flowers to get a hold of my emotions. They were so pretty, such delicate petals and a sweet scent. The colour was so intense and the tiny white flowers contrasted with the blue ones really well. He then put a sprig in my hair. What a darling man.

I carefully put them down and slid my way over to where he was leaning back on the rug. He looked relaxed and happy again. Those flowers really were sweet.

Mmmmm...I think it may be time to have some fun.

"Would you like some wine T'riss?" he asked me as he got the bottle out.

I was about to pounce on him but he distracted me.

[color=indigo:8mqjc2ug]"Why yes Talwyn, I would love some."[/color:8mqjc2ug] I smiled at him and held out a glass while he uncorked the bottle. There was that nice little popping sound as he pulled the cork out of the bottle. He half filled my glass and did the same for himself.

[color=indigo:8mqjc2ug]"Talwyn, thank you for bringing me here. This is perfect. The flowers, the horse ride...everything. It's everything that a girl could wish for, to be woo'd and courted by a good man, in a beautiful place, on a perfect summers day. Thank you,"[/color:8mqjc2ug] I said as I toasted him with my glass. He quietly smiled back at me, a gentle happy look on his handsome face. We drankour wine together then, pausing, I put down my glass, leaned over to him, my face close to his. He looked up at me with his entrancing deep sea green eyes.

[color=indigo:8mqjc2ug]"Tal my darling, give me you hand. "[/color:8mqjc2ug] He did and I placed it on my left breast, just over my heart. His hand was warm and his touch gentle and soft.
[color=indigo:8mqjc2ug]
"There is a fire inside me Tal, a flame. Can you feel it burning?"[/color:8mqjc2ug]

I quietly start to sing to him as I held his hand to my breast while he looked deeply into my eyes.
[color=indigo:8mqjc2ug]
[i:8mqjc2ug]Close your eyes, give me your hand, darling
Do you feel my heart beating?
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same?
Am I only dreaming?
Is this burning an eternal flame?

I believe it's meant to be, darling.
I've watched you when you were sleeping.
You belong with me,
Do you feel the same?
Am I only dreaming?
Or is this burning an eternal flame?

Say my name,
sun shines through the rain.
A whole life so lonely,
And then you come and ease the pain.
I don't want to lose this feeling,

Say my name,
sun shines through the rain.
A whole life so lonely,
And then you come and ease the pain.
I don't want to lose this feeling,

Close your eyes, give me your hand,
Do you feel my heart beating?
Do you understand?
Do you feel the same?
Am I only dreaming?
But is this burning an eternal flame? [/i:8mqjc2ug][/color:8mqjc2ug]

[youtube:8mqjc2ug]Sxf6Xd75yUo[/youtube:8mqjc2ug]

I finished the song leaned down and kissed him passionately. My desire was rising like a raging inferno as I held him tightly, my lips embraced by his, my tongue darting forward, exploring him delicately.

I ran my hand through his hair and down his body, undoing the ties of his mail shirt. I broke away and I pulled it off him, his blue shirt then followed. I lowered my head down over his broad chest, raining kisses onto his firm smooth muscular body. I raked my nails over his pale skin ever so lightly causing him to shiver. He ran his strong hands over my shoulders and neck, massaging my back and shoulders. I purred with pleasure as he kneaded out the kinks and knots in the muscles of my neck and shoulders.

I felt his hands undoing the strings to my leather top and I let it fall away. We sat up facing each other, naked from the waist up, drinking in the sight of each other. I moved to him, pressing myself against him, kissing him once more. His large arms wrapped around me in a fierce embrace and I felt totaly wanted, like a woman should feel when she is with her lover.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

T'risstrees song was very heartfelt, poigniant and revealing. It was also very sweet and touching that she sang it to me.

This whirlwind romance was making me a little dizzy but when you sail into a storm, you best hang on and ride the waves as there is no use fighting it.

I held her in a tight embrace, feeling her hot naked flesh press against me. I kissed her, cupping her sweet face in the palms of my hands. I held her tenderly and spoke gently to her.

[b:2psqgqbn][color=orange:2psqgqbn]"T'riss...I feel your flame, how could I not? I know what it's like to want to feel the touch of another. The desire to banish the feeling of solitude and to connect with someone that cares for you. I just want to know if this is what you want...now. I want you to be sure and certain."[/color:2psqgqbn][/b:2psqgqbn]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:qsozigk6]"Yes Tal, I want this. I haven't felt this way before. I have had lover in the past but they never made me feel...special...the way that you do. You are kind and sweet man and I see in your eyes a loving heart that needs to feel love in return. I need love too. Its been a lonely road...I don't want to walk it alone anymore Tal."[/color:qsozigk6]

I pulled him back down, and we lay face to face. just looking at each other, staring deeply into each others eyes.

He seemed hesitant, almost as though he was nervous. I smiled at him and took his hand again and showed him I wanted him.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

The shadows moved over the forest floor in their timeless way as the sun slowly traveled across the sky.

She had been almost wild when we made love, her need and her passion was intense. She cried out at the end, like a shout of relief and joy then collapsed on top of me, exhausted but happy. We lay together on the rug, wrapped in a blanket. T'riss was idly playing, running her fingers through my short hair as I held her in my arms.

[b:1hbbdyyo][color=orange:1hbbdyyo]"Are you hungry T'riss? We still have all our food to eat,"[/color:1hbbdyyo][/b:1hbbdyyo] I said with a lazy smile.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:c5qtscga]"Mmm...yes...some food would be nice. Do we have any wine left? Could you get me some and some cheese and bread Tal?"[/color:c5qtscga] I said as I snuggled under the blankets.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

She'd pulled all the blankets over herself. Typical woman I thought with a wry grin.

[b:d5c54nse][color=orange:d5c54nse]"Alright sweety, I'll get you some wine and fod. It's not as though I have anything else better to do." [/color:d5c54nse] [/b:d5c54nse]I grinned at her as I stood up and began to look about for the picnic items.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:1o6uan41]"Talwyn dearest. As much as I love admiring you, maybe you might want to at least put some pants on hmm?"[/color:1o6uan41] I smiled sweetly at him as he rolled his eyes at me.

[color=indigo:1o6uan41]"Ooohh...can you get me some of that sweet jelly too..the stawberry flavoured one...and some slices of ham...and some pickles...oh and not wine but beer as that will still be cold and I'm thirsty. Thank you ussta ssinjin mrannd'ssinss wiu,"[/color:1o6uan41] I added as I grabbed a pillow and got comfy under the blanket.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

[color=orange:3f9ntt1j][b:3f9ntt1j]"Cheeky wench! I thought you drow weren't bothered by a bit of nudity? Still, I'll get dressed as I'm not keen to show of my wedding tackle to the first stranger that comes along."[/b:3f9ntt1j][/color:3f9ntt1j] She grinned as she got comfortable under the blanket.

I pulled on my pants and went over and rounded up the food and drinks and brought them over to her. I sat down and sliced up some bread on a wooden chopping board, piled up cheese, pickles silces of bread and ham plus some tomatos on it. She sat up keeping the blanket over herself with one arm while picking at the food daintily, eating what she wanted.

I opened a bottle of nice cold dark ale and pour half a glass for her. She drank it down in a few gulps and held out the glass for a refill.

[b:3f9ntt1j][color=orange:3f9ntt1j]"You are thirsty! Good thing there are two more bottles."[/color:3f9ntt1j][/b:3f9ntt1j]

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"Wedding tackle? Is that your way of proposing marriage to me? Just wave your we'ha about, stick it in me and suddenly I am your wife?"[/color:2fmoo58y] I asked with an arched eyebrow and a fake serious frown. He suddenly started to try explain but I just giggled at him.

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"Waela jaluk, ol orn plynn mzild taga natha jatha'la we'ha ulu inbau uns'aa ulu vellupa dos,"[/color:2fmoo58y] I laughed at his confused and blushing face. I could see he was trying to work out what I just said. Before he had a chance to speak I got in first.

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"And of course I'm thirsty ussta ssinjin xhenshun'nye mrannd'ssinss. You made me all hot and sweaty and breathless. A girl needs to refresh herself after a steamy session of vith," [/color:2fmoo58y]I replied to him with a teasing grin.

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"I'm glad to see that you're capable of walking about without the need of any help from me Talwyn, especially after that very vigorous effort you put in at the end. Not many males are up to handling all the [b:2fmoo58y]needs[/b:2fmoo58y] of a drow woman. Most end up being a disapointment and they do not live long afterwards, there is no reward for failure. That is the way of my people who dwell under the thrall of Lolth. But we are free and under the sun and you're....adequate enough to meet my needs as a lover."[/color:2fmoo58y] I paused as I took a long sip from my glass of cold beer. I was needling him but he was enjoying, so why stop the fun?

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"You possess good control, stamina and you have.....other qualities that I find....appealing," [/color:2fmoo58y]I said with a sultry teasing half smile as I looked at him over my glass of beer, my gaze traveling over his gorgeous hunky body. I could see I was making him squirm a little bit because I was being a bit of a hussy with him but it was so much fun! I winked at him to let him know I was only playing and he grinned back at me. No doubt he was planning his own way of evening the score between us which made being with him all the more fun.

[color=indigo:2fmoo58y]"Pass me some more bread and cheese darling, oh and some of the red fruits you call tomatos, I quite like them and some more of that sweet pickle spread please my most noble dashing brave handsome wonderful lover bestest paladin in the who wide world,"[/color:2fmoo58y] I said with a endearing flatering look before I took a bite of the bread and cheese sandwich I already had.
clicky2cme