The Ardeep Forest

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"It would my pleasure to sing for you. I am no bard but i will do my best for you all,[/color:3ok0yoh4]" I said shyly.

I racked my brain trying to recall another song that I learnt all those years ago when Guldor was my tutor and how he would amuse me with stories froom the distant past when all the elven peoples lived as one under the sheltering sky.

[color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"You would know this one. It is a hymn to Correllon. My tutor Guldor, who showed me the truth and salvation that Elistraee offers, used to sing this and told me of the days long gine when all the evlen peoples where as one." [/color:3ok0yoh4]

I hummed a few bars of the song which immediately brought the Baelnorn alive, well alive as they could be considering that they were still dead.

Maevilia smiled kindly at me and waved her hand as suddenly ghostly music began to accompany me as I sang.

[youtube:3ok0yoh4]cvOeDWynY4o[/youtube:3ok0yoh4]

I finished the song and again the Baelnorn were silent, lost in reverie.

Finally N'vehyklia stood up and smiled at me.

[color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"Thank you dear T'risstree. That was perfect. I had almost forgotten how lovely and beautiful that song was. I want you both to know that you are welcome here any time you feel like having another 'picnic' "[/b:3ok0yoh4][/color:3ok0yoh4] he said with another leering grin and a suggestive wink of his falring glowing eyes.

Maevilia scowled at him.

[color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"Disgraceful old lech! Spying on these two lovers! You are going demented as your brain rots away,"[/b:3ok0yoh4] [/color:3ok0yoh4]she scolded N'vehyklia with a frown. [color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"Please ignore the undead horny old goat my dears. He means well but he needs to be kept in line. But as he said, do drop by and say hello if you are passing this way again."[/b:3ok0yoh4][/color:3ok0yoh4]

[color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"Thank you Maevilia, N'vehyklia . We will come back again, I promise. In fact, we could do you another service if you would let us?"[/color:3ok0yoh4]

[color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"Oh? What do you have in mind dear girl?"[/b:3ok0yoh4][/color:3ok0yoh4] ask Maevilia.

[color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"Forgive me for saying but I can't help noticing that your lovely fine robes and gowns are fading and falling apart. Would you like us to bring you new ones from Waterdeep?"[/color:3ok0yoh4] I asked. The Baelnorn looked amazed and astonished.

[color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"You would do that for us dearest child? Really?"[/b:3ok0yoh4][/color:3ok0yoh4] stammered Maevilia. N'vehyklia looked at his moldy old robes and then back at me.

[color=green:3ok0yoh4][b:3ok0yoh4]"If you did this for us, we would reward you handsomely,"[/b:3ok0yoh4] [/color:3ok0yoh4]he said simply.

[color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"No reward is necessary N'vehyklia . Consider it our way of honoring you and your eternal service to defending these sacred places,"[/color:3ok0yoh4] I replied. Talwyn nodded in agreement. [color=indigo:3ok0yoh4]"Besides, I am sure you would like new clothes after all these years, no?"[/color:3ok0yoh4]
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I gazed at T'risstree with love and pride for her alight in my eyes.

What a wonderful, simple and very thoughtful gesture to do selflessly and for no reward for these vigilant guardians of these elven sacred places.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"T'riss, you continue to amaze and delight me. I am deeply honoured to be known as your lover and future husband. These noble souls who have made the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of their most holy and scared places deserve reverence and the respect you do them only brings you greater glory."[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

Maevilia leaned over and spoke to T'risstree in a not so subtle whisper.

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"You're absolutely sure you want to marry this holy and prideful buffon girl? He's already spouting nonsense about honour and glory and he's talking about you! Be sensible girl and let me take him off your hands and I'll straighten him out for you. Just give me 2 years, that's all I ask."[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

[color=indigo:1kiq4vi3]"Talwyn may be a bit over the top Maevilia but I do very much adore his silly ways,"[/color:1kiq4vi3] responded T'risstree with a smile.

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Oh well, you can't say I didn't warn you girl. On your pretty little head be your fate,"[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]said Maevilia throwing her hands into the air dramatically. She then smiled at T'risstree and said, [color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"I don't blame you girl, he will be worth all the heart ache and headaches. Hey! Paladin! See here! You dam well better be a good man to this poor slip of a girl, d'ya hear me? Otherwise I shall haunt you and curse you for eternity. Now be a good boy and kiss her and listen to what she tells you, you big lump of self righteous muscle."[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

I stood and bowed with a flourish to Maevilia.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Dearest Lady Maevilia, I do solemnly vow to love, honour, cherish and occasionally obey the Lady T'risstree Helviiryn, as the True god is my witness and my word is my bond."[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Oh you're good. "Occasionally obey" my withered dry old elven arse! Ha! What are you, a dam lawyer?" [/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3] she snorted and then grinned. [color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Well girl, three and a half out of four isn't so bad, in fact that's pretty good seeing how some barely made it to two," she said with a glare at N'vehyklia . " Yes He'll do for you. Paladin, you have my permission to court the girl but be good to her or else!"[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"All I want is the best for her, to be a good man and to love her as much as I can every day that I am able to,"[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]I replied honestly. Maevilia softened and smiled at me with quiet approval.

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Good answer boy,"[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]chimed in N'vehyklia whoi then turned to Maevilia. [b:1kiq4vi3][color=green:1kiq4vi3]"Now leave the boy alone Maevilia. You don't have to put a Geas on him. You can see the boy loves her so ease up with the undead wrath and curses," [/color:1kiq4vi3] [/b:1kiq4vi3]he said with a tired sigh.

Wanting to change the topic I asked,

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Aside from new robes and gowns, would there be anything else that we could bring for you from Waterdeep?"[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"There! Look at what I was saying Maevilia! The lad is a diamond! Bless you boy! Yes, we would love to have books on anything really. It doesn't matter what, just bring us books and papers. Oh and new shoes too."[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]The Baelnorn murmured in agreement to that, all nodding. I made some notes in my small notebook.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Anything else?"[/b:1kiq4vi3] [/color:1kiq4vi3]I asked. They shook their heads saying no.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Well then, the Lady T'risstree and I will travel to Waterdeep tomorrow morning where I will lodge my petition to gain my churches permission to wed her. We should be there a few days as Lady T'risstree will need to travel to Skullport as well, where she has to present herself to the High Priestess there and ask her permission to marry as well. I would say we will be back within a Tenday with all your things."[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3]

I took T'risstree by the hand and helped her stand from her chair, then we both turned back to the Baelnorn.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"With your permission noble souls, we shall take our leave of you and begin our tasks. May the Hand of Torm watch over you and the spirit of Corellon walk with you always,"[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3] I said with a small bow. T'risstree just smiled and bowed her head.

[color=green:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Fair winds and sweet water son of Torm and daughter of Eilistraee," [/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3] intoned all of the Baelnorn. They raised their arms and blessed us with protective magics, ensuring no harm would come to us while we rode back to the Inn.

We then went over to where Spotty was resting and quickly mounted up. I took the reigns this time and told T'riss to hang on.

[color=orange:1kiq4vi3][b:1kiq4vi3]"Onwards Spotty,"[/b:1kiq4vi3][/color:1kiq4vi3] I said with a kick. The warhorse sprang forward, launching into a fast gallop. T'risstree whooped and cheered as we pounded off down the forest path back towards the Inn.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

I hung onto the saddle horn as Talwyn spurred Spotty into a gallop. I heard myself let out a wild whoop and a yell as we thundered off down the winding forest path. The sensation of speed was amazing and the wind rushed into my face as we raced along.

Talwyn easily guided Spotty down the trail with one hand on the reigns and the other around my waist, keeping me secure on his lap. I reveled the feeling of freedom and let out another loud whoop as we careered along. It was exhilarating, liberating and so fabulous.

I leaned down over the horses neck and let myself go to the pounding rhythm of the horses gait as he ran along the forest floor. The air stung my eyes causing them the stream tears but I didn't care. I couldn't wait to be able to ride Spotty on my own.

I could hear the horse snorting as he breathed in fast and hard. His flanks started to shine with sweat as he got more worked up. Then Talwyn just whispered, "Go boy" and what I had thought was fast became a blur as Spotty suddenly surged into a new level of speed.

I heard myself whooping, yelling and laughing with pure joy as we barreled out of the woods and onto the open plains west of the Ardeep.

[color=indigo:3lt0opka]"Don't stop! Run Spotty...RUN!"[/color:3lt0opka] I yelled to the horse who seemed to dig a little deeper and added yet another spurt of speed. So this is what flying must be like I thought as we just about flew across the fields in a thundering gallop, scattering sheep before us.

It wasn't long though till Talwyn eased back and let Spotty slow down to a canter, letting him get his wind back. The familiar outline of the Half Moon Inn was now visible in the distance.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme