The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir rolls his eyes at the exchange, though he can certainly think of a few pirates he'd prefer to see on the end of a harpoon. His own sire, for one. "You know, I actually thought of taking up hunting them, once. I'm a fair sailor, thanks to Father insisting I learn his, ahem, trade. But I can't really see myself spending life on a ship- it's far to cramped for my taste. I need open spaces, room to stretch. And it's hard to follow the Lady's dance on a ship."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shook his head, this is really becoming a problem, this constant zoning out of the conversation. Then again, there weren't many chance for idle contemplation during a battle or travels, which is what had taken up most of his time lately. He had heard pirates mentioned, and that jerked his mind to the present, "Pirates? Well, they are usually a nasty lot... too much water can be bad for one's health you know. When I had to make the trip from my Desert to this city, I took a ship, and we were waylaid. All that bloody water disrupted my puppets. Thank the gods I have some martial training..."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth lets Elwyn's phrase sink in and rebuttals with this comment:

"I think you should worry less about your strange puppet fetish or whatever it is and more about YOUR health in my opinion."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn looked at the teifling, "Well now, to me a puppet is a sword. One that can turn into many, or lengthen its reach. If you can honestly say that you do not care for your blade or bow, perhaps you are in the wrong profession, my friend."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard shakes his head, the turn of conversation raising his narrow white brows a bit. "I understand your point, Elwyn, but even you have to admit that there is a difference between a sword or bow and something that was once a living being. Have a bit more respect for the dead, would you? For that matter, I'm rather in agreement with Gareth there. It IS a bit- unsettling- to watch you tinkering with those things. Somehow I doubt that halflings, drow, or any other race was ever meant to have gears where their innards once were."

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"They're already dead, let'em rest. I agree with y'all." Dorl'veszaun murmered
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard is silent for a moment, then shakes his head. "Hmm- and on that note..." he says, and begins to play a pleasent little tune on his instrument.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Well, why not, they did not die by my hand, or at least the majority of them did not." Elwyn shrugged, "Their souls are already claimed by their respective gods, so what care have they for their bodies? I simply put them to use in continuing my own existance."

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa's eyes unfocused. Its clear that she is not looking at anything in particular. It was seem as if she was dazed or in a trance. "You should respect the dead," she whispers. "You never know when their spirits could return. The dead are capable of many things."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Yep, Them folks that's dead already are kinda wierd like that"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged "Eh, I doubt the dead would return to these bodies, they would find them too me mechanical for their tastes." He looked at Nyssa, "Although, if it is any consolation, I always e Hume the bodies with the greatest of respect. And I treat them well in my service, in any case.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa snaps of her revere. "What? What are we talking about?"
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun forgot completely about the tangent he was about to launch into and instead stared at Nyssa confusedly.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Maybe if you were stabbed by the ghost of one of your puppets you would learn your lesson.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir pauses in his playing to regard Nyssa closely. He seems to realize that something peculiar was happening with her, but he pretends to ignore it, and focuses on Gareth's last comment.

"Right you are, Gareth. I've never seen a ghost myself, but I've heard tales enough to chill any spine. The dead are best left alone, I'm thinking. Unless they get up and start walking around again, then all bets are off!" He grins, and turns to give Elwyn a meaningful gaze.