The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun noticed there was more food on his plate and quickly devoured it. "Them dead folks ain't for havin' any o' the livin' folks disturbing 'em"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir nods agreement. "And I'm personally for letting them sleep."
He pours himself another glass of wine, and empties it in one swallow before going back to his playing.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shook his head "again with that fetish thing... Hmm, must mean something different around these parts." He shrugged,"but puppets from scratch do not look as impressive in my trade. Is not a weapon smith judged by his skill ag making z blade? Well I am simply craftsman and fighter."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa interjects. "I think you'll find, Elywn, that people will have tons to say about what you do [i:2hq81y6o]in these parts[/i:2hq81y6o]. People will think that you have no respect for the dead, no matter how you explain it. And that incudes me."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "Why do you care, in any case? I use the dead, whereas you use living trees and what not to make your weapons, and kill animals for their meat and fur, so how is it that I am viewed as strange in [i:1wjsszck]these[/i:1wjsszck] parts? You kill for your tools, I do not."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard nearly chokes on his wine, and gives Elwyn an odd look. "If that's what you think, then you don't know much about druids, do you? They are against killing anything without good reason, and so far as I know, they do not harm the living trees in making their weapons. It would be a mistake to think otherwise," he says, then glances over at Nyssa as if looking for confirmation.

"As to a weapon-smith's trade, I fail to see the resemblance. I've heard of the body as art, but that's going a BIT overboard, don't you think? A smith toils for long hours over his work, through his OWN blood and sweat, as a labor of love for his craft. And what comes out is often a thing of great beauty, whether it is a weapon, a suit of armor, or even a simple gate. And he harms no living thing in doing it. Now, I realize you've said they were already dead, but I'm sure most would simply find your 'art' disturbing, and an insult to the creatures whose corpses you used. It isn't life, just a rather crude semblance of it."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn chuckled, "A drow lecturing me on morality? Oh by Gond's hammer, tis irony in the highest. And in any case friend Lothir, you are not a Druid, so I highly doubt you adhere to their tennants. In any case, I can assure you I spend no less time than a master weapon smith on my creations, in fact I would say it takes longer to construct an average puppet. The final price can someims take a lifetime, and most people die with it unfinished." Elwyn smiled, "In fact, should I finish my last puppet I will be the first amongst the masters of my trade to build such a thing."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

As soon as Gareth heard the mention about how ironic it was that a drow was lecturing mortality, He gave Elwyn a light slap upside the head.

"Show so God damn respect you disgusting sloth."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard gives Elwyn a dark look for a moment, then replies in a cool tone, "Do not presume to know what I do or do not believe, sir. I may not be a druid, but I have more respect for life than you could ever understand. And who are you to talk about morality? I serve my Goddess by aiding those who need it, and by remembering just WHERE I came from, to fight against the very evils that are so common among my People. I seek the Light- do you?" He answers, staring hard at the human, then turns to give Gareth a nod of appreciation.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged "Honestly it matters little to me where you come from, all bodies serve as appropriate bases for puppets. Also, sir drow you do not know the place I come from. There is little of anything, so even the dead are not allowed peace. Our teachers most likely become our first puppets." Elwyn sipped his drink, "The Desert does not allow such luxeries, not for my tribe."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Strange.... I wasn't aware we were in a desert," he says innocently. He shrugs. "Nor have I ever heard of any tribe that makes dolls of their dead. Most of the desert tribes I'm familiar with simply entomb them beneath the dunes. You're right about one thing, we don't know where you come from, but that in itself makes your strange profession suspect. Surely you must realize that. What sort of place would encourage that kind of treatment of their departed loved ones? But then, I suppose that is the point of this discussion, is it not?"

He leans forward, becoming more involved in the philosophical debate. The ethics and morals of this peculiar human puzzle him, so he tries another track.
"Tell me- did those whose bodies you have so used give you their blessing for such endeavors? I can hardly imagine anyone wanting their mortal coil to be used in such a way, even after they have no more use for it themselves. I know I certainly wouldn't. Nor would anyone else here, I'd wager. Did you ask their wishes in the matter? If not, then it is most certainly desecration. One might wonder what other things you would do with the dead."

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa sighs. "You guys argue way to much." She sips her wine and sets down her glass. "I only meant to help you realize that the dead are displeased with you. Not to spur a political debate. And point of fact, druids make laws against kill nature. Specifically animals and plants. People are fair game because they are more intellegent beings than perhaps a bear would be. With that said," Nyssa's lavender eyes bore into Elwyn as she leans forward. "I have never killed nor have harmed beyond repair any plant or animal. That includes the vines I create for my own protection in battle. "

She sits back as her face relaxes. "Don't ever accuse me of breaking my druid vows or you find that you will make an enemy out of me ...and druids everywhere. That is not an exile you want. Trust me."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir turns to Nyssa, and bows slightly, which is more difficult than it sounds while sitting. "My apologies, my Lady, I had not intended for this to become an ethical discussion, though it seems that that is precisely what it has done. I respect your beliefs in the utmost, as I've known a priest of two of the nature gods. I take it you are a vegetarian, then? I believe there is a good vegetable dish or two on the menu here."

He smiles, and offers to order something for her. Then he decided to try changing the subject. "Have you ever heard the tale of the druid who grew killer tomatoes?" he asks, then porceeds to tell the funny story of how they began attacking people and were finally destroyed by being led by a local bard with a green ear into a grinder and turned into ketchup

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa looks down at her spinach quiche. "Well, I [i:2wzbapxk]was[/i:2wzbapxk] hungry...but I think I've lost my appetite." She drops her fork on her plate and looks at Lothir. "Why don't you play us something," she suggests with a smile.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He frowns, and consols her with a light pat on the back. "It's alright," he says. "No one was seriously harmed, and they all had ketchup and Waterdhavian potatoes that night. The druid was hired by the king to grow a garden to protect his palace."

He suddenly grins, then politely asks if she has any particular requests.