The Half Moon Inn and Fest Hall- Part Two!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

After finishing up her performance with a wild leap, she handed back the fiddle and darted over to Lothir to kiss his cheek among many cheers.
She backed up a bit and pouted at his appearance.
[color=darkblue:39ut1az1]" You get all dolled up and me looking like this.."[/color:39ut1az1] She motioned down at her leather waist cincher, sleeveless white top, long white skirt and messy hair. She smiled gently and pursed her lips.
[color=darkblue:39ut1az1]" I think I'm going to go get cleaned up with a nice bath."[/color:39ut1az1] She drew out the last word a bit and watched Lothir blush with a satisfied smile. After tossing her arms around his neck and kissing him once quickly, she darted off and headed down the hall to the womans bath after gathering some clothing and soap.

Zzadrina rested back into the hot bath water with a contended sigh. No one was around, so she had the bath all to herself, and spent the time lavishing herself with perfumed soaps and soft wash cloths to get her skin and hair gleaming like polished ebony and new silver.
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Her words about the bath gave the young bard an idea. He grabbed his lute, and followed her to the baths, waiting until he was certain she was inside and enjoying a relaxing soak, then stood just outside, and began to play some soft tunes.

http://www.imeem.com/people/dj5mARq/mus ... a-track-1/

http://www.imeem.com/people/84gLyP/musi ... -roe-onei/

http://www.imeem.com/groups/C2VRC2MI/mu ... eag-s-mhr/

http://www.imeem.com/thaithinhmusik/mus ... an-chnoic/
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Zzadrina raised her head and smiled, looking up at the door from drying herself with a towel. She recognized the skill immediately as Lothir.

After tugging on a white [url=http://manolobrides.com/images/2008/07/ ... g:1yqf1gvg]dress[/url:1yqf1gvg], white leather boots, and putting her hair up, she gently opened the bathing door and edged herself quietly into the hallway. There was a gentle smile on her face as she gave the drow male a kiss on the cheek, and then began to twiddle with his lute, plying questions about the make, the wood, the strings, questions only bards could understand and answer while others were left confused.
Last edited by Zzadrina Kel'Shri on Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: It's black laquered cherrywood, with designs of full moons and dancing elf women with blades around the outter edge in silver. Polished to a high shine, and well-kept. An eight-string, and perfectly tuned.

IC: He smiles as she asks her questions, then softly whispers in her ear that they should walk in the garden. With a polite bow, he offers her his arm, slinging the lute over his back, where it feels like a part on himself, so familiar that he barely notices the weight.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Drina smiled delicately and slipped her arm around his.
[color=darkblue:1ici9rbt]" Lutes are ok, but I prefer my fiddle. Made from spruce, and polished til it shines. I adore it, an old friend gave it to me. Flutes are rather fun too, especially tin whistles."[/color:1ici9rbt] She beamed up at the drow male on her arm.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He gives her a wicked grin, laughing lightly. "Really? Then you'd LOVE mine. That little silver one I keep in my pack? It's enchanted. Have to be careful where and how it's played, though. Don't need a bunch of our friends sprouting floppy ears and little waggy tails, now do we?" He chuckles again.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

T'risstree happily followed Talwyn to the stable cluthing her apples.

The stables were big, large enough to acccomodate two stage coaches and twenty horses. At the moment there were only 6 horses in the stalls includings Talwyn's warhorse Spotty. A few hostlers and stable boys were moving about doing various chores as they entered and Spotty neighed in greeting to Talwyn. He walked over to the stall calling out to his horse who's ears flicked back and forwards. The horse snorted and stamped his foot until Talwyn reached him.

"Easy boy, whoa easy there," he said as he calmed the excitable horse. Spotty instantly settled as Talwyn placed his hand on his neck. "Spotty, I'd like you to meet someone, this is T'risstree. Be nice to her ok?"

She approached the big warhorse calmy, holding up the apples for him to see. His ears flicked about and his snorted again but remained calm, his big soft brown eyes judging her, deciding if being nice to a stranger was worth a few apples. She had cut the apples into quarters and held them out to Spotty, her palm flat and fingers straight as Talwyn had showed her. Spotty leaned forward and slurped up apples in his mouth, crunching the greedily.

[color=indigo:3ifx9csp]"Hello Spotty. You are such a beautiful horse. I hope we can be friends,"[/color:3ifx9csp] she said softly to the horse as she continued to feed it. She was entranced by the horse, its size and power and his beauty made her feel a little misty. The horse then gently nudged her with its nose, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"He likes you T'riss," Talwyn said with a smile, patting Spotty affectionately. The horse neighed and nuzzled T'risstree playfully with his big head and nose.

[color=indigo:3ifx9csp]"I love him Talwyn,"[/color:3ifx9csp] she said as she gently ran her hands down the horses neck. [color=indigo:3ifx9csp]"Can I brush him?"[/color:3ifx9csp] Talwyn nodded and handed her a brush. She set to work brushing the horse down. Spotty stood still and shivered occasionaly with pleasure, letting out the occasional snort to show he was enjoying himself as she worked her way around the horse. Talwyn went over to talk with the stable hands and make sure the horse would be ready before midday to go out and ride.
[color=indigo:3ifx9csp]
"We are going out today Spotty. Talwyn is going to teach me to ride and I hope you will be patient with me. I really want to learn as I have always loved horses since I first saw them. We will be having a picnic later as well and I'll make sure there are some apples and sugar cubes for you,"[/color:3ifx9csp] she said in a whisper to the horse. Spotty nudged her again gently, looking at her deeply with his eyes. She could see how intelligent the horse was and that it understood a lot of what she had said. What a wonderful being she thought.

"You must be special T'riss, he normally doesn't warm up to strangers this easily. He thinks you smell nice and he likes that you brushed him down, he was feeling itchy," siad Talwyn as he came over and hugged T'risstree from behind, his arms snaking around her, cupping her flat belly in his hands as he leaned his head down hers. She tilted her head back to kiss him, running her hands over his, entwining their fingers together.
[color=indigo:3ifx9csp]
"Mmm...that was nice. I'd like more of that ussta xhenshun'nye. But first you have to do your chores. Don't take long 'cause I really [b:3ifx9csp]really[/b:3ifx9csp] want to go out soon,"[/color:3ifx9csp] she said looking up at him demurely with sexy eyes, pouting and biting her lower lip suggestively.

Talwyn nodded and they said bye to Spotty and quickly walked back to the Half Moon Inn, hand in hand. The petite busty dark skinned drow woman and the tall muscular light skinned human man made an interesting looking couple as they chatted and laughed with each other on their way inside.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

We walked back into the Inn, looking to see who was around.

"T'risstree, I'm going upstairs to get my plate armour. I'll need to give it a wash out the back of the kitchens and then polish it. It shouldn't take too long," I said.

She nodded and gave me a quick kiss and shoed me off. I think she wanted me to not dwaddle to much. The idea of going for a ride and a picnic will have got her in a frenzy state of anticipation. I just hope she is able to amuse herself for the next few hours while I get these chores done.

Myna was still at her table so T'risstree went over to talk with her while I went upstairs.

I looked down at the pile of blackened burnt plate with a sigh once I got back into our room. There was mnore than a few hours work to be done by the look of it. Still, no point in putting it off as it needed to be done. I got hanged into an old worn grey shirt and pants that I didn't mind getting dirty and picked up the pieces of the plate. The armour still smelt vaguely of burnt flesh and soot. It was only T'ristree candles and her essential oils that had kept the room from smelling like that. I made sure I left a window open to air out the room once I was gone as no doubt she would want to get changed before we set off on our ride.

Arriving downstairs, I made my way to the back of the ktichen. I managed to borrow a wire scrubbing brush and some steel wool from the kitchen boys plus a couple of buckets of hot soapy water.
Sitting on a low stool, I set to work scrubbing the worst of the scorch marks and residue from my trusty old golden plate armour.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He leads Zzadrina into the garden, fully enjoying the bright day and warm breeze, in spite of how the light makes him squint and keep his head down to avoid its brilliance. The birds and butterflies are busily flitting about among the lovely blooms, and a few puffy clouds roll slowly overhead, forming vague shapes on occasion.

The handsome drow seems light of heart, and well should be. With the beautiful lass by his side, he feels more at home than ever in his life. Which leads him to a thought that has been lurking around the corners of his mind for a while.

"What would you say to my sticking around for a while? I truly love it here, and I've nowhere else to be. Perhaps I could even help you and Katriana and Elenwe with the inn? Chores, keeping out the riff-raff, a bit of entertainment now and again- that sort of thing. At least when I'm not out keeping a certain rash human from getting himself killed- again. It would be nice to have somewhere to come home to."

He glances sidelong at her, wondering what her response will be. They stop near a lush bed of sweet-scented clover and soft grass, and he tuggs off his vest to lay it on the grass before she sits. At her questioning glance, he shrugs. "Wouldn't want you to get your dress stained. White shows everything," he babbles, still awaiting her answer.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Myna had a look of being distracted and not wanting company right now.

T'risstree sighed because she felt bored. The next few hours could not go quick enough for her.

She wondered where Lothir and Zzadrina had gotten to.

Well at least that might be a bit of fun tracking them down and spying on them.

She grinned to herself and hid herself in plain sight and went snooping after Lothir and Zzadrina.
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

[quote="Aylstra Illianniis":2dojm6kg]He leads Zzadrina into the garden, fully enjoying the bright day and warm breeze, in spite of how the light makes him squint and keep his head down to avoid its brilliance. The birds and butterflies are busily flitting about among the lovely blooms, and a few puffy clouds roll slowly overhead, forming vague shapes on occasion.

The handsome drow seems light of heart, and well should be. With the beautiful lass by his side, he feels more at home than ever in his life. Which leads him to a thought that has been lurking around the corners of his mind for a while.

"What would you say to my sticking around for a while? I truly love it here, and I've nowhere else to be. Perhaps I could even help you and Katriana and Elenwe with the inn? Chores, keeping out the riff-raff, a bit of entertainment now and again- that sort of thing. At least when I'm not out keeping a certain rash human from getting himself killed- again. It would be nice to have somewhere to come home to."

He glances sidelong at her, wondering what her response will be. They stop near a lush bed of sweet-scented clover and soft grass, and he tuggs off his vest to lay it on the grass before she sits. At her questioning glance, he shrugs. "Wouldn't want you to get your dress stained. White shows everything," he babbles, still awaiting her answer.[/quote:2dojm6kg]

Zzadrina chuckled and alighted onto his vest, then patted the place beside her. Once he sat, she began to twiddle with his hands as she often did, tracing the lines on his palm and bending his fingers back and forth.
[color=darkblue:2dojm6kg]" You could, but it's really not up to me. I was only helping out today because Bronwyn hurt herself and couldn't work today. Elenwe and I will be here for a while longer, as were not sure what to do yet or where to go yet. We were thinking of trudging around in the High Forest and seeing what we could find."[/color:2dojm6kg] Drina shrugged, then looked up, turning her eyes to the sky to watch the birds and clouds float about. The brilliance of the sun did not bother her, as more than half her life had been spent on the surface. She smiled very slightly.
[color=darkblue:2dojm6kg]" But I'm sure Katriana wouldn't mind having you help. She's a wonderful woman."[/color:2dojm6kg]
--My friend and I
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Once T'riss had faded from view, she moved silently, gliding over the floor not even disturbing the dust as she past by.

She went upstairs first and listened carefully at the door of each room to hear if Zzadrina and Lothir where in any of them.

She had no luck up in the guest rooms so she went back down stairs and carefully avoiding people who walked by her, she snuck into the kitchen following a waitress.

The kitchen was its usual state of mayhem, with cooks and chefs shouting at each other and everyone around them. Kitchen hands and dish washers ran around with armfulls of plates and bowls and waitresses called out various food orders to be made up for customers still out in the dining room.

I wonder where they had gone she thought to herself as she carefully followed another waitress out of the kitchen. This place isn't so huge she thught as she looked around. I'll try the bathrooms next she decided.

She made her way over to the womens bathroom. She carefully peeked inside only to see it was empty but it had been used recently. She could just smell the lingering scent of perfume that Zzadrina used on herself.

She smiled and turned to head outside, making her way out into the gardens of the Inn.

She didn't have to go far when she heard familiar voices.

Sneaking ever so carefully closer, she got behind a nearby arbor of shrubs and flowers and peeked at Lothir and Zzadrina sitting side by side on the grass. Zzadrina was playing with Lothir's hands, idly tracing lines and fiddling with his fingers. That's sweet T'risstree thought to herself. She does like him then. Good, at least she's not going to dwell in the past for her lost lover Khulud whateverhisnamewas. Dead is dead, never forget them but don't let them draw your heart into the void with them.

They chatted about Lothir becoming an employee of the Inn. T'risstree thought that a bit odd, especially that it was Lothir saying it as she has assumed he was a traveller and not one to want to settle down. But even a wandering heart needs to find a place they can call home she thought. And if the heart has another waiting for it then there is no decision to make.

She then thought of her own situation. She'd just met a human paladin and was becoming very attracted to him. She wondered what it would be like to suddenly want to settle down and have a place she could truly call home and with someone she loved? She had not had a home for over three years and even the time she'd spent with Shanilath was only a temporary refuge she needed while she adapted to life on the surface. But to want to deliberately choose to be with someone exclusively, for them to want to build and share their life with you as it appeared that Lothir was wanting to do with Zzadrina, that made her think deeply and re-examine her life again.

Watching the other drow had made her feel wistful. She felt the need to belong to someone, to have what they had which was a growing bond. She wouldn't want to live at the Inn though. It was too noisey and on occasion there would be too many idiots and drunks that could ruin her sense of peace and she'd be forced to kill them which wouldn't endear her to Katrina.

She started to daydream about the sort of place she would want to live in. She imagined a proud beautiful well built cottage in a forest glade near a clear bright flowing stream. It would have a large garden full of flowers, herbs and vegetables and be surrounded by huge shady trees which would protect it from storms and the rain. The walls would be painted white like the ones she'd seen in human settlements she had passed by on her travels. There'd be some animals to look after like ducks and chickens and it would be a place where she could have her children and to raise a family in peace. She smiled to herself as she contemplated this happy picture of herself as a mother to lots of scampering young happy children.

All she needed now was a male to help complete the picture.
Now that shouldn't be too hard to arrange she grinned as she started to plot and scheme, thinking about a certain sandy blonde tall hadsome human male that might just suit her needs.

OOC: this is her <and mine> dream home :love:

[img:3skqquk0]http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/uploade ... 737948.jpg[/img:3skqquk0]

out the front

[img:3skqquk0]http://www.katyelliott.com/blog/uploade ... 774868.png[/img:3skqquk0]
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He follows her gaze upward, and quietly nods. He answers after a few moments.

"I'm sure she is, but it was really you I was thinking of. I just sort of assumed you were staying permanently. But travelling is nice too, as long as you have somewhere to come back to. That was what I meant."

Then he gives a small sigh, and leans back to lie on the soft carpet of green, arms pillowing his head as he sqints up at the bright light above.

"High Forset. I've never been there. I don't think they would welcome us though. I understand there are quite a few darthirri living there. Not exactly the sort of place one just walks into unnannounced." He turns to her and grins. "You might need someone to guard you, Drina. Who do you suppose would be brave enough to risk the arrows of unfriendly elves, eh?"

He takes her hand, and kisses it softly, a merry gleam in the glacial-blue gaze. "Now WHERE in the world could you find such a soul?"

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Drina rolled her eyes and adapted a drawling accent.
[color=darkblue:kngxb0jb]" Dahling, why do you think I keep Lenwe around?"[/color:kngxb0jb] She couldnt help but laughing at his expression, and bent to give his forehead a quick kiss.
[color=darkblue:kngxb0jb]" But, you can come if you like. I need someone else to tease other than Elenwe."[/color:kngxb0jb] She sent him a little grin and began to weave pieces of grass together. The two of them sat in companionable silence for awhile, just happy with the beauty of the day and drinking in eachothers company.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

When she bends down to kiss his forehead, he lets her, but after a few minutes of silence, he starts to get restless.

"Hmm. I'm sure she's capable enough, but isn't defending the ladies what we males are for?" he teases, with an arched brow. Before she can reply, he wraps an arm around her middle, pulling her down on top of him with a wicked half-smirk. "Unless of course, you think we are better used for- other things..."

As if to illustrate the point, he rolls to his side, and begins to leave a trail of light kisses down her neck.