Moonlit Clearing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

merik
Maid
Maid

Moonlit Clearing

Post by merik »

[color=green:3mg9c4kf]Slowly he opens his eyes, the red moving slowly over the still waters of the lake. His mind kept running back to the clearing where he had ended up after meeting up with Myna and her..friends. While he had perhaps acted a bit foolishly he still felt slightly justified in his actions. Justified enough to not have sought out any of the three. He figured they could make the next move, he had done his part, aiding them when they most needed it

Slowly his body leaves the ground, until he is floating about a foot off the ground, his eyes closing as he breaths in deeply of the fresh night air, letting it carry away any remaining embers of his temper. He did so enjoy it up here, you didn't get air this fresh, nights this warm or light like this in the under dark. His hands rise, energy glowing softly forming into balls which he releases

Magic like anything else was a muscle, and he made it a point to exercise all his muscles, those in his body, his mind and his magic[/color:3mg9c4kf]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She stepped slowly through the grass and brush, not making a sound, normally she would have not had a chance to track him down but you know she had abilities that few others had access to. It made it easier for her to locate people when she wanted to if she needed to. Luckily Eilistraee agreed with her decision to seek him out so she had been able to get the guidance she needed to find him.

She stepped out from behind a tree to watch him floating by the lake, forming balls of magical energy and releasing them. She watched him quietly, why did it bother her so much? The answer was simple, she cared too much, about everything and everyone. She told herself it would have been the same with anyone else as well. She had to believe that was all there was to it.

She waited for him to become aware of her presence, she had not used any magic around him so it would be harder for him to locate her she knew but if he had spent so much time underground she was sure he would not take long to notice her. She had heard below ground they had to be constantly vigilant lest they loose their lives.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2quoh7v3]He slowly opens his eyes, his body rising further into the air so that he can unfold his legs beneath him to support his weight. The balls of energy return to his body, covering it in a soft magical glow before being reabsorbed into said body "Hello Myna, I was wondering when I'd see you again" He stays where he is, his gaze staring out once more over the waters

By all appearances he was calm, collected, perfect under control.His voice even and free of any emotion "Not that i am complaining, I'd be a fool to not wish the company of such a lovely lady, but what brings you out to see me? I was sure your sister and other friend would have tried to keep you as far away from me as possible"

Again he seemed calm, in control. Problem was she did not yet really know enough about him to know if he had really let it go or if he was burying his emotions[/color:2quoh7v3]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

He was upset with her, she could feel it. Guilt by association she guessed. He was being a little harsh though she thought, especially since T'ristree had not done or said anything.

She could understand his anger at Talwyn but she didnt know what she had done to earn his hate. She sighed as mentally she was urged forward so she took two measured steps into the clearing, soundless as she had been before.

"The only one I answer to is Eilistraee" she said softly in reponse to his comments about her not being allowed to go to him. Truth be told they both where resting.

"I came to talk to you" she said at last with a sigh, but she was having a hard time remembering what she wanted to talk about or more what she wanted to say exactly now that she was here.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2dba8jxz]Turning around he raises an eyebrow, walking toward her slowly "only to talk? Well that's a pity, but i guess it is better then being left out completely" Obviously he wasn't to angry with her, or he would simply have teleported away at her arrival. Both knew he had his ways to go if he wished to. he stops about a foot from her, one hand going to take her own but not moving beyond that small show of acceptance

"I will admit you surprise me, you are one of the few females i know who would bother with trying to ease the feelings of a male, and yes i am aware that is why you are here" His lips pull back into a half smile, the moonlight glittering off one of his teeth "I do appreciate the effort, but it is really not necessary. Tis not the first time nor will it be the last i am sure"

His hand releases hers, returning to his side "However, I would hate to deprive you of whatever words you may have planned for this occasion, so by all means go ahead"[/color:2dba8jxz]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She bit her bottom lip as he got closer to her, and as he touched her, just her hands but still. She hated the way it made her feel. Then he released her and she didn't like the way that felt before. Shit, why did everything have to be so bloody complicated.

"I didn't...really plan" she managed through the air caught in her throat.

"I just didnt want you to...I mean...for you to..." She stammered on not sure how to say it, then the whispers sounded in her head again.

[i:3ew9oqhp][color=indigo:3ew9oqhp] Just appologize[/i:3ew9oqhp][/color:3ew9oqhp]

She closed her eyes then letting her hands go limp at her sides. "I'm sorry" she said then simply and didn't say another word, and after a moment she did open her eyes again though she did not meet his gaze. She couldnt fix it she knew, so much now a days she could not fix. She wasnt used to it, she was used to being able to fix everything now everything had changed.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:3gobm3mb]He sighs softly as he reaches over, one hand going under her chin to lift it up, his gaze meeting her own. The tip of his thumb very softly brushes over her bottom lip "What are you apologizing for? Sure i might have been angry with you, but looking back i am the one who over reacted really"

His lips twist into a small grin "I jumped the gun, took what you were saying to be literal instead of seeing it as what it was. Which was an attempt to calm down the tensions. I should have appreciated it and instead i shot it back at you" He moves in a little closer, hand remaining on her cheek

"For that you do indeed have my most sincere apologize. My goal was not to cause strife for you and your friends, i was simply trying to help you know?" He chuckles "However i am a bit hot headed, i'll learn eventually

He leans down capturing her lips in a very soft, but also very brief kiss "I am also a bit impulsive"[/color:3gobm3mb]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She nodded slowly and surprised as he took her face making her look at him, she tried to explain. "I see things, I wish I didnt but I do. I see the paths you might take. All of them as some will change based on what decisions you make. The future is never set in stone, it shifts and remakes it s self with ever decision. Some things are more set than others, but of all the paths you may take I see you growing away from the darkness" she said softly.

"I dont mean it as you are cruel and evil now, I know that not to be true I only mean it as a measure that you are not evil that you are not what Talwyn believes. He is a paladin they often jump to blacks and whites of things, they often miss the shades of grey. They require more patience and tolerance. It doesnt make them bad or impossible to get along with it just means a little acceptance is needed and sometimes a little explination." she sighed.

"I suppose I really am an idealist, I want all of you with me, I want everyone to get along and I refuse to pick sides" she looked sad, then shocked as his soft lips covered over hers, and her head swam, she blinked at him her eyes dialating as she was frozen in shock. Then her face flushed and she looked away forcing her head away.

"Kal..I.." she stammered unsure what to say now.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:396loso3]He shakes his head, hand returning to her cheek "You don't need to say anything, I'm fairly sure your not ready to get into anything, especially with someone like me right now. I am just as i said, impulsive. I saw the chance and i took it" His thumb again softly brushes her bottom lip before his hand falls away completely

"By the way, if there was any doubt remaining? you are for sure forgiven, I might not understand your abilities, or what your goddess tells you, but i know what it is I want, though such things are to be kept to myself for the moment" He gives her a wink and a slow grin, making her believe his thoughts were lecherous, when in reality he was formulating plans, comming up with ways to ensure he could watch over her even if not physically present

He was young, that much was true, younger even then her. However as had been said before, he was a very powerful wizard, and would only grow more so as he aged and learned more of his own power[/color:396loso3]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She was still shaking off the feeling of his lips on hers when he started to talk again. She blushed softly and turned her face away as she collected herself.

"It has nothing to do with you...Its just...I've never...and untill this is resolved...I cant think about such things"

She tried to explain to him, it was always embarrasing to explain to someone that she was untouched and why she could not become so.

"But I cant force anything on you. I just couldnt handle your hate for some reason" She took his hand pressing something into it.

"You'll think of me." she said before planting a kiss on his cheek and running off magic enveloping her. He could feel the holy energies envelop her and then she was gone.

In his hand sat a white and silver shining gemstone, he could sense the energy within it. It was hers and she had given it to him for some reason.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

A full phase of the moons pass and again she is found here at the clearing looking over the water.

She rose the flute to her lips while she thought, she let the music wash over her, let her emotions flow through her music as was her nature, this was her outlet.

The music came soft, slow and had a minor feeling of sadness to it. When the music came to an end she lowered the instrument from her lips her arms going limp at her side.

The voices sprung up at her unspoken question and she blinked her eyes against the pain of it. Not wishing to even listen to them. She muttered something that sounded like an order or maybe a request to give her time and silence. Whatever it was the violet in her eyes slowly faded away to nothing as her request was honored and she was left with the silence of her mind. She couldn't help but think that Eilistraee was an understanding diety and with her eyes still shut she embraced the silence of her mind.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvOeDWyn ... d:2yn2nv0z]Harmony[/url:2yn2nv0z]
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2zvwnh4u]With a sigh he places the last component into a meticulously well organized pouch, looking out over the forest with a quiet smile. It was hard work gathering just the right things in just the right quantities and just the right freshness. However it gave him a sense of peace really, nothing between him and his work except silence and the cool night air. One hand goes to the stone in his cloak pocket, feeling the familiar energy inside

She was fairly close by, he could sense that from the stone, and while normally he'd simply teleport in beside her and go on from there he had a bit more appreciation for privacy now then to simply do that. He stops his movement as he comes upon her. Eyes closing as he lets her music wash over him. For a few long moments he says nothing. Waiting for her to finish before stepping forward

"Beautiful as always Myna, I say again you are most talented"[/color:2zvwnh4u]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She turned around on her heel, surprise on her face, that was a first, she was never surprised or taken off guard. Down side of telling the voices in her head to bugger off, it left her undefended for that time.

Somewhere in the back of her mind she knew it was no threat, if she was in danger they would warn her regardless of her desire to be given time to think in silence to work through things on her own, but at that moment instict kicked in and she was on guard. When she saw his face, the gentle curves of them...the slightly blueish tones of his skin she relaxed.

"Oh Kal..." she said trying to hide her surprise as well as the minorly agressively defensive stance she had almost taken. The magic she had at the tips of her fingertips melted back and she blushed it taking on a strange color in the dark palor of her skin. "It's...umm...nice to see you again" she said still getting over the surprise of acctually being taken by surprise...it apparently didnt happen very often.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:10mgtjxf]His lips pull back into a soft smirk "Is that so? Looks to me like you aren't really to pleased to see me at all" His gaze roams over her,taking in the defensive stance, the tingle of magic. Even though it was now fading he had noticed, and could use it to tease her a bit "What were you going to do? Blast me into oblivion or bash in my skull?"

He approaches, stoping maybe a foot away from her "And here i thought we were friends" he pouts, the effect completely ruined by the fact that the smirk had still not fallen from his lips "Perhaps however the above world is even more violent then the under dark? After all i have only met three people in my time here and two of them have attacked me"

He laughs softly, reaching out so that again his hand slides into hers, gently he raises it lips brushing along the middle knuckle "All kidding aside it is good to see you again, From the sound of the music and your relaxed posture before my interruption i take it this is one of your rare quiet times?"[/color:10mgtjxf]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She gaped at him and tucked the instrument away before messing with her hair her whole stance going to embarresed relaxed and she looked away.

"No..I just wasnt..I mean..umm...sorry" she stammered out trying to collect herself as he made fun of her natural reaction to someone taking her by surprise.

When he took her hand again she flushed once more.

"Not so rare" she finally said speaking clearly instead of stammering out a response

"I escape to my music quite often, just not as commonly infront of anyone. I needed to get away for a time. It's probibly not safe for me to wander off on my own like that but...I'll be ok and I need time to think too sometimes" she sighed looking at the dark depths of the water.