Hard Landing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Its eyes flared, "You, of course. One is not even of this world, his weapons do not use magic, yet he could slaughter you all like dogs, if his heart was in the right place.A fool among fools that one is. The other, to call him drow is an insult to the whole race. Any matron worth the name would have killed him straight from the womb." The skull suddenly seemed to change, growing a spine, then limbs. Muscles formed around the skeleton, and skin sprang up last of all, darker than the drow's. Out of nowhere, shadows coalesed to form dark robes, that somehow sparkled with runes and power, barely contained by the cloth. "None of you is worth my time, I should slaughter you all, yet I am merciful today, and therefor, I assist in your quest."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The young bard sighs, realizing he is getting nowhere. "Hmph. Someone certainly got up on the wrong side of the phylactory- or whatever." He stares at the... whatever he is, then shrugs, and strides toward the arch. "Alright, If this be my second time to see Arvandor, so be it..." he mutters, then steps through.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As soon as Lothir's foot touched the ground beneath him, the surroundings became clear. It was not Arvandor, rather it was a small cavern, much like the one he had just left. To his drow eyes, the ceiling rose high, out of sight, and only a single exit was visible to him, a small crack in the wall of the dome, that seemed just wide enough to admit him, and his friends, single file.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Hmm, a bit cramped in there isn't it? No matter, i certainly have fit in smaller places, I would explain but i do not think this is really the time for tales of the past."

Gareth reminded them, and then squeezed into the crack, He could barely fit his large form into the crack without his shoulders touching the walls of the crack, and his arms scraping the walls, making a swift scratching sound that echoed down the passage.

"You guys sure this is a good idea? This could easily be a trap."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard gives Gareth an arch glance as he squeezes trhough the crack. "Really? I never would have guessed that, Gareth," he says innocently. Then he laughs. "We really must swap tales sometime. I could tell YOU a few..."

He waits for the others, then shrugs at the teifling's last comment. "Not really. But then, since when have adventurers in general been known to have any common sense? If they did, there would be more of them, since they would not be getting themselves killed by traps or monsters all the time. If this IS a trap, we're already in trouble. Besides, do we really have a choice?"

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Heh, Perhaps when we get back to the inn we can swap tales over a few drinks, And i suppose we don't have a choice over the trap, But if its something long term like, say, the tunnel collapsing behind us i could get around to telling them earlier while were tunneling out way out."

Gareth pauses and speaks up again.

"That reminds me of another story from my old childhood village, I was quite the trouble maker at the time, and one day i had been caught in a street fight with some other boys from the temple, I had been chased through the town by the guard and i decided to retreat into one of the many mountain caves that dotted the area, To make a long story short, i was trapped in there for a week and had to dig my way out with my bear hands. Oh, Good times..."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Bear hands?! So- you "clawed" your way out, right? LOL!!!

IC: Lothir chuckles. "I got into quite a bit of trouble myself. My half-sister used to play horrible pranks on me when I was little- once she turned my hair purple for a week. But I eventually got her back- I made her clothes fall off when she was in the middle of weapon drills one day. Sweet revenge!!" he grins devilishly.

"Of course, the worst was when I went exploring in some secret tunnels I found one day, and ended up pinned down under a cave fisher I killed. I was there for hours, with a pair of carrion crawlers munching on the corpse, before anyone came to find me. I was saved by an aranea, of all things!!" He snorts at the irony of the memory, since that same aranea had earlier threatened to eat him...

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Boy, How did i not see that one coming? lol.

IC: Gareth grinned and recounted another story.

"I have had the same experience before, One day i was relaxing in the tavern, and i got a request to find a family amulet left in the jungle my an explorer, I had searched nearly the entire area until i found the thing hanging around the neck of a giant umber hulk, It was sleeping so i decided to steal it while it was sleeping, i got close and it rolled over, i was pinned there for what seemed like days until the beast woke up, I cut the valuable right off its neck and ran! Now that was a close call..."

"One other time i was playing pranks on the temple choir, I un-tuned all their instruments and put pins on all the seats, You should have heard the terrible music and the bloodcurdling screams, Must have sounded good enough, For the priest was clapping, Oh my, That reminds me of another story about one of the good looking choir girls and me behind the temple at night, But i think i should keep that one to myself."

Gareth chuckles and keeps walking down the long hallway.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As the two keep walking, they hear a low grumble, like the sound of a colossal creature speaking to itself, "Ah, what is this I hear, voices? No, it cannot be so. No adventurer has been fool enough to try my hoard for centuries, hmm, how did they enter, I wonder?" As the voice spoke, a deep red glow shone at the end of the crack, and a fair amount of heat could be felt by Gareth and Lothir.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard gives him a lewd smirk. "Ha! I could tell you a few such stories, too, but I'm not sure these others would appreciate them. Let's just say I spent the later half of my life as the 'plaything' of nearly half the Noble females in the city where I lived. Some of those Matrons had VERY unusual tastes. I think I've probaly seen- and done- it all...."

Then he rolls his eyes, and sighs. "I suppose the worst situation I was ever in was my Blooding. It's a sort of coming-of-age thing. They toss you out into the Wilds ith just a simple map and whatever weapons you wish to use, and let loose some creature they think will be a worthy enemy to slay. There's a limit of one week to find, slay and bring back some part of the foe. Mine happened to be a young silver dragon. But I cheated!" he says with a sly twinkle in his eyes.

"I was barely even twenty-five, and hardly strong enough to slay a wyrm. Besides which, I didn't even WANT to kill it. So once I found him, I asked him for a truce, even though I knew it would mean failure, and being turned into a drider. So we staged a battle, and he pulled out one of his own teeth and some scales. I helped him find a way to the surface in those same secret tunnels, and actually visited him on occasion. No one ever knew I didn't actually kill the dragon..."

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Haha, if only i had a dragon friend like that, Most dragons i have encountered have killed my friends and family..."

Gareth pushes himself and Lothir against the wall before the exit to the tunnel. He then starts to whisper some words at the rest of the group.

"Speaking of dragons, Theres ones lair up ahead, Be careful.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He whispers back to Gareth, "How do you know? I've seen no signs of one. Do you even know where we are?" Then he looks back at the robed figure, as if wondering whether he might have led them into a trap, after all.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The rumbling voice chuckles, "Finish your conversation, I shan't interrupt you, have no fear." Suddenly, a large red pupiled eye appeared over the entrance to the tunnel, "Well, what have we here? A fairly sizable group, I see."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth taps Lothir on the arm. "Thats how i know, friend.

Gareth then walks up and explains why their there.

"Hello, Dragon, you see, a friend of our from another realm has crash landed here on one of his transport ship, looking for an artifact of great power, He has reason to believe the artifact could save his planet from destruction, we think its hidden here. I think it was called, The tears, They are shaped like tear drops and made of sapphire, It has magical properties, May we have it?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow turns a sort of ash-gray, and looks rather nervous. "Alright, Gareth- I concede your judgement. Gods, why does it always have to be dragons? I must be cursed by Tiamat..."