Hard Landing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth scratches his head slightly.

"Umm, What the hell was the point of that Elwyn?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Hearing the noise, the bard wakes up, and yawns. He looks down the passage at Elwyn, and rolls his eyes. "Looks like someone wanted a bit of practice. He could have just awakened one of us for that." He shrugs, and gets up, stretching muscles kinked from the hard floor of the tunnel.

He watches the mock fight for a few minutes, then cocks his head with a smirk. "Well, as long as we're getting warmed up for the day... Oh, and there was a small fissure about twenty feet back that way, for anyone woh need to- you know." He takes a couple dozen steps away from the camp, and begins to go through an elaborate, slow routine of sweeping arcs, slow thrusts and parrys, flowing steps, and a few arial kicks and spins with his sabers that looks more like an acrobatic dance than a fighting style. If it were speeded up, however, it is obvious that it would be quite deadly...
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn smiles, and continues dodging Gurguch's attacks, out of the corner of his eye watching Lothir at his dance. "Oh come on all, this is simply harmless fun, and good practice to keep your fighting form up." He jumped over Gurguch's arm, and grabbed hold, using it to clamber on his familiar's back. He lightly tapped Gurguch's head, and the golem slumped down, letting Elwyn roll off his back. "Why not we all have a paractice spar, should be fun, no?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Haha, Im game!"

And with that he un-sheathed his sword and turned with a fast latteral spin, Startleing everyone close to him, He then rose his one of his Katar's an inch away from Dorl's nose.

"Are you ready?"

He braced himself shortly after.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn whooped with delight, and rose his arms. As he did so, the metallic sand from his gourd rose and circled around him, "Defend yourselves, my friends." A small stream of sand broke off, and streaked towards Gareth, shifiting in the air as if a snake cutting through water.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Lothir glances at the others, without even pausing in his practice, and grins. "What is this, a free-for-all? In that case, I'm going to knock you ametuers to the floor. Flats of blades, gentlemen, if you please!"

With that, he flips his swords sideways, and suddenly begins to sing out a bawdy sailor's shanty, something about a captain who could best any man alive, but was laid low by a questionable tavern wench's "charms". As he does, he speeds up his moves to match the rythm, and is suddenly a blur of feet and flashing blades- moving straight for Gareth and Dorl, with an almost insane look of joy!

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun looked around and stepped back. "I don't do none o' that flat o' the blade stuff... that's kinda hard ta do with a spear ya know?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth scoffed and turned towards the sand.

"I guess hes just not enough of a MAN to do it."

Gareth then starts to chop at the sand snake in the air.

OOC: The sand snake in the air, That doesnt sound weird at all...
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: HEHEHE!! A flying sand snake!!

IC: He seems to ignore both of them, now completely lost in something between a coldly focused discipline, and pure, ecstatic bliss. (Imagine someone at a rave on X, but with combat skills and a pair of blades- nope, nothing dangerous about that, lol....) He takes a swipe at Gareth, who's closer, spinning aside to make a second attack from behind even before the teifling has registered the first. The blows sting a bit, but do no real damage, as he has been true to his word and used only the flat side.

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth attempts to dodge the hits but instead reels back from the stings.

He then slips a large leather strip over the blade, leaving only the flat ends.

He then rebuttles with three quicks smacks to the ribs and yells back to Lothir "This is going to be a good fight, no matter who wins."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard makes no reply- he's still deep in the sailor's tune, with a verse describing the old salt's fight with a squid, and takes the first two smacks, but blocks the third, only to come back with a quick spinning smack with both sabers, followed by a leap-side-step combo that brings him into a flanking position on Gareth, to tap him lightly on the side of the head. And still he continues the bawdy melody...

OOC: fDon't worry if he seems to be ignoring your comments, guys- it's part of his fighting style- the song keeps the tempo...

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The snake bursts into a shower of metallic sand, that flies back towards Elwyn's protection, and once again circles around his head. "Well, if you insist I fight you in close combat..." Elwyn clenched his fists, and the sand clumped over them, turning his arms into morningstars, with a small smile, Elwyn charged at Gareth, his right arm streaking forward, aimed at his shoulder, while aiming at Lothir with his left.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard hardly seems to notice him coming in from the side, but since he's moving about so much, it's almost impossible to get close enough to strike. As soon as his previous blow has landed, he pivots off into a new direction, sliding across to take a swing at the new opponent as if he had intended to attack him all along.

Three lightning-fast thumps at Elwyn later, he has almost completely circled back around the other two, weaving and spinning all the while.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The drow's clanged metallically off of Elwyn, halting his arm inches from Gareth's face, Elwyn took a momentary breath, closing his eyes, and suddenly, he was in front of Lothir again, pacing his frantic dance, the mornin stars on his fists a blur as he swun at Lothir, pulling his stikes short so as not to hue the drow.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: El, how the heck are you keeping up with a dervish dance UNTRAINED?! That's why it's a prestige, a normal person does not know how to do it, and each dervish has his own unique style that can't be duplicated or taught.... (as per Complete Warrior) Just a question.