Hard Landing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth smirks

"Oh really?" He chuckles and opens one of his pouches, With ten scrolls, Enchanted throwing knifes, Explosives, and various potions, Some perhaps poison, throwables or just his homemade concoctions.

"If anything we would both be dead, with everything around us destroyed... and thanks, I suppose, never really had the thought of being gutted and full of gears."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn smiled, "Oh simply marvelous!" He laughed, "You are truly a worthy adversary." He turned around, and stumbled, with a wave of his hand, he called Gurguch over, and clambered onto the flesh golem's back, "I suppose we'd best be on our way?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Indeed, lets." Gareth says, before looking over his shoulder and yelling back at his other comrads; "Hey! Here continuing down this narrow and dark tunnel-way into the great unknown, You coming?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Gurguch plodded down the tunnel, practically filling the whole of it with his great bulk. Elwyn dozed peacefully on his back, and the trip was fairly uneventful. Until, that is, the group came across a sealed door, a large glowing sigil covered most of it's top part, and despite Gurguch's best efforts, it remained locked.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Hmm, Have you tried knocking?

"*[i:32421qmf]knock knock knock[/i:32421qmf]* Yooou hooo, Anybody home? No? Hmm..."

Gareth ponders for a moment and then kicks the door, The large thwang sound echoed down the hall ways, and then fell silent.

"Well im beat for ideas, maybe its a spell casting combination, You know, The ones where you have to cast the correct spells on the targeted object and it makes the door slowly open each spell? Just be careful, if you cast the wrong spell it closes and you have to restart, I know plenty a foolish wizard who would walk into a dungeon and have one of these lock behind them."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

A cold chuckle came from the sigil on the door, "No, but the idea has merit, hellspawn. Perhaps I should take you on as an apprentice." Said a cold, raspy voice, "I suppose I could let you pass, if you tell me the purpose of your visit to my humble abode."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Well, you see, a friend of our from another realm has crash landed here on one of his transport ship, looking for an artifact of great power, He has reason to beileive the artifact caiuld save his planet from destruction, we think its hidden here.

OOC: Thats why were hunting this artifact right? I honsestly can't remember, and i don't feel like hunting through 17 pages of RP :P
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Something like that... idk any more either :P

IC: The voice laughed, "Ah, so you seek the Tears, eh? Well then... tis simply enough done... if thou but first do a task for me. A simple one, mind, for those who search the tears." The wood of the door warped, and a skeletal head, appeared in the corridor. The force of its wards pushed the whole group back a good 10 feet. Its eyes were eye sized rubies, and its mouth gleamed with diamonds. The necromatic energy of the thing emanated in waves of sickly power, "Well, do you younglings wish to know the task?"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":1rkde2rj]OOC: Well, thats all very good and well, but in the 3.5 system, you do all your attacks and 5 foot steps, THEN it becomes my turn, and unless it says that a person wouldn't get the speed bonus against him, it would still apply. In real life, you would be right, but since we are doing a game system, its rules apply, not life's... anyway... we should get back to the story :P[/quote:1rkde2rj]

OOC: Ugh... Been away for a few days- but just to clarify, it wasn't the speed bonus, it was the direction of movement, as I said before- and yes this was by the rules (he can use his tumble check to pass through occupied spaces, as well, though it ups the DC.). I was referring to the unpredicatability of said moves. It can be in any direction; you'd have to know and be able to reach where he moved to, assuming that there was nothing in the way- like Gareth or Dorl, for example.... But anywho, we'll just ignore it and say ya smacked me.

IC: After he gets whacked by Gareth, the bard moves back into a more defensive dance, with his blades whirling around to form a wall of gleaming steel around and in front of him. He watches the other two wearing each other down, until it becomes clear that the battle is over. Eventually he comes out of it, and looks around as if slightly confused, and very out of breath.

He nods agreement as the others begin to move off again, picking up his pack and following along behind the teifling and odd human, with Ven and the paladin presumably taking up the rear. He seems a bit out of sorts, as if he has something on his mind, and listens quietly through the exchange with the voice from the door.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: I think we are a little past the smacking :P, and whatever, I would love to continue this in the OOC Thread :) promises to be fun

IC: The skull looked past Gareth, and at the group of drow behind him, "Well, perhaps you have you voice, as a drow, I know how much you must love to use it." It levitated above the floor, "COME, ANSWER!"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Yeah, I know, I was just catching up, lol!

IC: "Yes, if you don't mind..." is his reply to the skull.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

the skull looked at the drow, and the eyes twinkled appreciatively, "Very well, simply step through there." A bright light appeared behind the group, and formed into an arch of glowing energy. "Tis simply enough done, no?"

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir shrugs, and looks at the others. "Age before beauty, gentlemen," he quips, motioning the otehrs to go first. He's not fool enough to be the frist so step through.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The skull laughed, "Oh, the drow have not changed at all in the last two millenia. Age before beauty, indeed. You would lead in any case, drow."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He blinks innocently. "Which one? There are three of us..." he says, pointing to Ven and Dorl. He stares back at the skull, with a straight face, but he seems to be getting a bit cheeky with the skull.