Hard Landing

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"ain't a damned thing ta be sorry fer. Ain't causin' me to trouble."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

Ven goes quiet again, his face hidden behind his reflective visor. He suppresses a shudder and looks down the hall, trying not to dwell on the thought of these drow--so eerily similar to his own kind--and the stories he has heard so far.

Try as he might he simply cannot fathom how a mother could abandon her young. New blood is one of the most precious commodities for the dal'Seroth, and to think of a mother simply dropping the child off in the middle of the woods...

He grits his teeth.

[i:30o3ul04]"I hope what I'm looking for is down here,"[/i:30o3ul04] he broods. [i:30o3ul04]"This place is already starting to get to me."[/i:30o3ul04]
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun noted the tightening of the strange drow's posture and started laughing. "Y'all need to calm down and such, ain't no need to be all up-tight 'n' stuff."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir nods his agreement, then turns to Ven. "So, what is it like where you come from? You seem a bit- disturbed by some of what we've said. May I ask why?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

There are a few heartbeats of silence before he speaks. "I apologize if my behavior seems rude, I just--"

He frowns, trying to find the words. "Things are very much different here than my home. Where I was raised no dal'Seroth would dream of harming one of his own. We're a very unified race, not quite hive mentality but as close as you can get and still have free will."

He pauses a moment before continuing. "We have such a low birth rate..." He shakes his head. "Again, my apologies. It's just hard for me to get used to the idea of Serothans being so cruel to one another. I mean, I don't think the drow and the dal'Seroth are exactly the same species, but the similarities are close enough to bee more than coincidence..."
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun looked confused for a moment, "I done went an' missed sumthin'. Where ya from?"
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

"Ah, that's right. Forgive me for not formally introducing myself earlier; normally I can muster up at least basic courtesy," he says with a self-deprecating grin. He stands and offers a hand.

"My name is Lieutenant Ven Alil of the House Chamdath, assigned to the 504th infantry division of the Hypherion Offensive. I'm from the city of Stalvrath, Bhandaur." He pauses. "I ah, doubt any of those names will be familiar to you. I'm a xeno here--an offworlder. Tethmir, specifically," he adds as an afterthought.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Uh.... from another plane?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn sat up, massaging his head and stitched arm alternately, "What happened, how? WHO?" He pointed at the drow, jumping up, settling into a fighting stance, before he realizes that Ven is exchanging words, not blows with the new drow. With a groan, he sat down again, focusing on his head.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

"Well, Toril is technically a sphere, so I wouldn't say that I'm from [i:3iwwlzfm]another[/i:3iwwlzfm] plane. But yes, I wasn't born on this particular...sliver of the multiverse."

He starts at the sudden movement from Elwyn, his rifle snapping up out of reflex.

"Oh. You're awake now, I see. I hope you're feeling better. What happened?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard makes an annoyed siigh, wondering why Elwyn always seems so quick to fight. And he's not even a drow, either! He tries to envision the human as one of his own race, and soon finds the image one that makes him laugh softly to himself, though it is oddly approriate. He notices the others giving him strange looks at the outburst, and just shrugs it off.

Low birth rate, hmm? Perhaps that's why they're immortal. An adaptation to compensate, perhaps? Here we have a rather high one, but I think that's to make up for all the- pardon my saying this- homicidal tendancies."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn looked at Ven, "Well, I can't rightly say. I passed on through that darkness, and seemed to stumble over a skull. Then I awake to find you and a strange looking drow over there, and I didn't recognize you, so I assumed the worst." His eyes dart to Lothir, had he heard a laugh? How long had he been out for? Scanning his location, he surmised it couldn't have been long, the cavern seemed the same, "Have any of you stumbled upon that skull perchance?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Skull? No, none of us has even seen one. Are you certain that's what it was? It might have been a rock, there are plenty of THOSE here..." He shrugs, glancing around. He didn't recall noticing any sort of bones at all, or anything else in the tunnel, for that matter.

"Ven, you getting anything about a skull, or any other stray body parts popping up?" He stops for a moment, realizing what he just said, and stifles a snicker at the image that conjures.

Xaraphim
Maid
Maid

Post by Xaraphim »

"I don't think that he meant skull in the literal sense," he says to Lothir. He looks to Elwyn, then. "And yes, I think your friend made himself known through you, in fact. He said something about how fear can kill you if you believe enough."
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

Dorl'veszaun pointedly did not comment and as he did not quite understand what they were talking about merely went on cleaning and maintaining his armor and mount.