A meeting...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She blushed at his response or perhaps it was in the strong response to her lack of attention to his sexual referances towards her.

"And you think that will be the best way to win me over do you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. She wondered if he really thought it would get him anywhere but she also wondered if he would be as tenacious as he seemed to be as he claimed to be.

"Well Warlocks I am sure there are some its just not the common thing. I myself haven't seen any in a long time, it doesnt mean there are none. I suppose if you proove a good investment I'll help you find one or two of that craft. It should not be difficult for me to do"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:25tqzrbb]"Prove a good investment eh? First you have to live long enough for me to prove myself my dear" He chuckles softly again "As for the best way to win you over? I doubt it, but that is not the extent of my charm, it is designed to get a flow going, where we toss innuendo back and forth for fun, but if your not into the game thats fine, though it is a pity"

He leans back in the chair again "As for finding some for me? Well i guess we'll see where the road takes us won't we?"[/color:25tqzrbb]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"I will not be caught so easily, I am not in danger for at least a week, then I will have to depart this place" she said softly

"Never underestimate someone who can peer into what will be, it rarely turns out good for you. Though when I leave you are welcome to follow if you are aware of the risks of doing so.

The here an now, simply dictates you may be questioned by your people. If you come with you may be seen as a traitor to your own" she watched him carefully, assessing his reactions to her words.

"I am just warning you of what it means to be near me, with your current....allegions" she spoke softly before leaning back relaxed again.

"Anyway time will tell how the cards lay, we'll see how many changes to the current plan take place before the end"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:72l5uzw3]His eyebrow quirks upward again "Me? Traitor? Well..only if it suits me. I am a drow in service to the queen of chaos, i serve my own inttrest, then hers. I am sure she understands that. Truthfully the only ones who serve the will of lloth first before their own agenda are the clerics who speak in her name, and they only do it really for their own power...so i guess they do it on their own agendas as well"

He gives her a small smirk as he leans back again, gaze once more moving to her eyes "I am a mere male, a wizard sure, a powerful one? Ofcourse but still in the eyes of the spider queen only a male, truly not worth worrying over unless i become to much a nuisance"[/color:72l5uzw3]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"Such a strange world you where raised in" she said softly looking at the swirling red of her wine, her glass nearly empty now.

"Though you will do what serves you I suppose. I just warn you of the dangers of following me, should that be the path you take" she said with a shrug almost as if she didn't care. In acctuality she was unsure how she felt about him, how much she should trust him and where it would take her. He was a wild card and one that was not easy for her to read, for her to tell where he would take her visions.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:x0kp7s2k]"Then i guess what remains is for you to wait and see where those paths lead then huh? Personally i am hopeful that it will lead to a room here sometime, preferably soon" He gives her another wink before idly waving a hand "Yea yea i know, inedundo cleverly ignored moving on to the next point"

His hand rises, one more to scratch his chin "Actually that is a good question isn't it? What is there for us to speak about now? The evening is still young however i doubt i will be invited to your room tonight, thus to keep your company we must talk"[/color:x0kp7s2k]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She chuckled "Your assuming I even have a room here, that I even rest durring this time of the day" she said with a bit of a playful wink. She dropped a handful of coins on the table, it was more than enough to cover both his expenses aswell as her own as she started to walk.

"You can join me for a walk if that is your wish" she said and no sooner was she on her way and out of the door, she looked up at the sky for a moment and breathed deeply, she liked it best outside.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1t8a1trn]He nods sliding back away from the table to follow her out the door "you don't have a room here? You mean you don't have a place you can stay at?" He reaches into his own pouch as she stops to look up into the sky "I am not sure how much this is worth above ground, but it is what i was paid in below ground. Most of the people don't like them because they aren't as pretty or as shinny as gold, don't hold heat as well which in the under dark is a big issue to imbue something with light magic"

He takes her hand, places the platinum coin in her hand before curling her fingers gently around it "Again i am not sure how much it's worth, if its a lot great, if not i can give you a few more, I brough my savings with me, two hundred total"[/color:1t8a1trn]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She just kinda gaped at him as he set the rich piece into her hand before catching herself and she nodded placing it back into his hand and shaking her head.

"I cannot accept that" she said and started to walk again.

"Those are Platinum pieces they are worth quite a bit up here."

Then she went off explaining the economic system above ground to him, at least it gave them something to talk about. She had enough to last her but she wasnt going to take that for a meal that had barely cost her a couple gold pieces. Most of it was the wine she had ordered which was a bit more of an expensive brand around these parts.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:sg0ocdtq]He shakes his head placing the platinum back into her hand again "I have given it, and i will not take it back regardless of it's true value above ground. I am a simple man Myna with simple needs. Truth be told besides paying for room and board, as well as spell componets i have little need for money"

He falls into step with her, gaze going to the sky for a moment, those red eyes tracking a falling star until its lost on the horizon "Well, Simple is relative i suppose. I am simple in means, simple in my way of living, complicated in personality i suppose"[/color:sg0ocdtq]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She sighed and shook her head, silly men, she thought absently to herself but didnt feel like fighting to give back his money so she pocketed it and reminded herself to remember to slip it back into his things at another time, when he was not paying attention.

"Well alright if you insist, and nothing is simple nor is anyone." she eyed him up "Least of those who claim to be" she chuckled and shook her head as she picked a path that would lead through an easy part of the forest.

"And you better reserve your funds, said components are not cheap to come by up here" she added on thinking back, she was running low on some of her components herself but some of it was just too costly for her to consider refilling at the moment. Troublesome she thought.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:3madzaok]He shrugs "I am a wizard but it is not all i know how to do. I have spent my entire life not just learning the arcane arts, but also learning alchemy, black smithing, foraging, mining, all the skills necessary to acquire my own raw magical components. Most people will trade two or three to one. Three raws for a polished which works out fine for me"

He turn his gaze to look at her again "You don't know just lore and magic do you? So many casters stick to just that, forging ahead not realizing that by collecting your own components, learning more about them then you know how to better utilize them, learning things such as the freshness of a skin effects the duration of a chameleon spell"[/color:3madzaok]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She shook her head "No its not all I know, but most of my..talents do assist my calling" she said softly.
"Herbal gathering aswell as application, alchemy and the like are avenues I am most affluent in" she said softly
"When you came upon me I was searching for Dracuunculus vulgaris, or maybe if I was lucky maybe some Greymold." she shrugged "I can search another time, they are most useful but difficult to locate components"

she paused for a moment thinking and a rather unpleasant look came across her face before it smoothed out.

"Some people just don't understand the real value of collecting your own ingredients, to the care and delicate nature to properly selected and cared for components"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:3gdivoig]He nods "Some wizards, hell even some clerics do not even know really what componet is what. They put them in specific pouches and just know the name by the label. I have seen a lot of spells miscast, backfire and destroy the caster because someone grabbed a zirconium when they meant to get the diamond from the pouch one spot over"

He slowly shakes his head "However it works out well really in the end, It weeds out those foolish, those unworthy to wield the higher magics when they are young still. Leaves the ones careful, concise, aware, to advance on to truly embrace what magic really is"[/color:3gdivoig]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She shook her head with a sad expression "You have such a cruel, harsh look at things. Mistakes happen, it doesn't mean they deserve death, just more study and practice. It serves no one any good if individuals are not given the chance to learn from their mistakes"

she said softly, she was a kind spirited individual, exceptionally so for a drow, some would see it as weakness but she was not weak, she was well trained when she started to fight, she was dangerous. Something no one would expect from one such as she.

"However you have a point one should not be casting if they have not take the time to truely devote themselves to their calling. That however isn't the only thing, theres so many other things people overlook. Heck I just had a young wizard the other day run around wanting to send constructs after ingredients. He didnt understand the danger behind sending animals to collect such delicate and important earthbound components." she shook her head grumbling something about shortcuts and quick fixes to everything.