A meeting...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1rx3zwb1]He laughs softly inclining his head "It is not that much of an issue to solve the..positioning problem, and i assure you i have both the expertise and the time to solve said issue for you at your earliest convince" He winks at her before leaning back in his seat, eyes still locked on her own "However i see now where your reluctance comes in, I forget sometimes that you don't follow Lloth, young you may be but if the spider queen you followed long ago still would you have lost your innocence. Lloth does not deal with purity"

He raises one hand, tapping his chin thoughtfully "That being said we may now move on to more comfortable topics of conversation, and since you are the one who is uncomfortable i will follow your will in what to converse over next"[/color:1rx3zwb1]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She laughed softly "It does not make me uncomfortable" she said shaking her head.

"Perhaps my intrest will change if someone...half decent" she said the last word with emphasis watching him carefully "comes along" she smirked, it could almost be taken as a challenge.

She wasn't uncomfortable, she was just disintrested, she wasnt intrested in a quick jump in the sack with some perverted needy man. Shy however was true she was shy on the subject.

"However as you wish" she said waving her hand dismissively "why don't you tell me about your studies, what are you looking to learn above ground?"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:u7pyitvl]He chuckles again "Half decent? We shall see if i meet that criteria later then shall we? However moving on to your question" He leans back forward folding his arms across his chest as he turns his gaze to ceiling "I am not really sure. However there must be something. Underground we have a lot of stone, lots of water but very little plan life, I am exploring what i can do with that life that is so abundant on the world above"

His gaze returns to her again "Also, there are many energy based spells that might work best above ground given the abundance of solar energy, Also the air here is fresher, so tracking and movement spells are easier. Mostly though i just want to see how others besides us Drow, view, use and cast their spells"[/color:u7pyitvl]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She nodded half intrestedly as he spoke and she sipped at her wine listening to him talk.

"Well a lot around here enjoy the art of swordsmanship over spell casting" she said softly while she refilled her glass.

"So I wish you luck learning more about your chosen allocation" she said softly, pretty much anything she needed was provided for her by Eilistraee, the rest she wasnt proficient enough yet to fully activate, but she was young she had much to learn much to proove. It would take time but she had no inferiorities about herself, her strength was not in the raw power she weilded.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:16sl9xc8]He sighs softly "yes, ofcourse they are, it takes no brain to swing a sword, merely a strong arm and strong body. TO understand magic, to truly use it as it was meant to requires sound mind and sound body. It is understandable that most of my fellow Drow do not focus on magic above their normal abilities to conjure fairy fire and globes of shadow" He takes another drink of his wine, setting the empty glass aside

"However, i am also grateful for that you know? It means less competition in my field for me, makes me more useful to both my superiors and the spider queen, and enables me to speak with pretty young clerics on an intellectual level"[/color:16sl9xc8]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She shook her head slowly, pretty young cleric's huh? He was going to be a hard one to dissuade.

"I prefer the mystical arts myself" she ran her fingers down the side of her jaw "It might be an idea to learn something outside of my divination to add to my repoitoire one day" she mused mostly to herself
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1rarjii2]His lips twist into a soft smile "Intrested in the arcane now are you?? I could teach you some of my magic if that is your wish Myna. In fact...I could be persuaded tot each you a great many things should you so desire the instruction" He winks

"Such as wand craft, staff fighting, spell craft, component selection..what your mind go to the gutter did it?"[/color:1rarjii2]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

Her lips twisted into a smile and she watched him curiously, his words did send her mind thinking gutterish thoughts but she would never admit to that.

She smirked at him for a moment before she said anything "My mind went to no such place" she said smoothly "However why oh why would you be wanting to teach me your tricks?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

She was not objecting to his words but she was curious why he would be so willing to teach her much of anything, especially given how he may be forced to turn against her soon enough.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:pcwefv6o]His left eyebrow raises "Perhaps i am interested in making you a bigger challenge for those to come? Perhaps i am just bored and wish to do something? Perhaps i actually have an interest in seeing you live longer? Take your pick of the three, whichever soothes you best"

He leans back in the chair again "However, magic is an intimate art, for it to work you must have faith, which being a cleric you have, but you must also be able to channel the energy in ways that aren't normal for divine spells. That will require us to work closely together, perhaps even merge magic to teach proper channeling. Perhaps my goal is for one merging to lead to another?"[/color:pcwefv6o]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She listened to him in silence sipping her wine, well either of his reasons did not much bother her, some of them she even liked. After all not dying was a good idea, in her opinion.

"Hmm still singing that line are you?" she smirked and shook her head
"We'll see, but sure knowledge is never a bad thing to have" she wondered if she got close enough to him if he would change his ways, he didnt have to follow Eilistraee but if he chose someone other than lloth to follow it would make things easier. She had a hard time showing trust in any servant to a diety that seemed to wish her death.

In time she told herself, in time.

"And what if divine magic is the only kind I am capable of handling?"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1xxjurh8]His laughter rings out once more "If divine magic is all you are capable of then it is because you choose to make it so. I myself could use divine magic if i wished, however i have no wish to. it is not because i can't it is because of personal choice. Never confuse the two. If you can not cast arcane it will be because you choose not to. Whether you are aware you made the choice or not on a conscious level will remain to be seen"

He reaches out, his hand again covering hers, the tip of his thumb lightly stroking the side of said hand "Besides, If it does come that you can't then i can say at least i tried, to both the knowledge and the other matter"[/color:1xxjurh8]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"Vith nesstren" she grumbled under her breath shaking her head in slight irritation and slight amusment. He was tenacious, more so than the others.

"Not necissarily true though, some people don't have the inate talent to harness such energies, or their ability to do so is limited. Not everyone can do everything" she said softly

"Like I will never be a master of swordsmanship, I can lift a sword like anyone else but to use it effectively is another story all together" she spoke in that soft gentle tone her voice tended to have. She though probibly given her allocation would have talent in the inate magics of a sorceress if she ever put her mind to studying it, to bringing it out. Everything about it tended to be about what inately was born within her.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2hi0xdzd]His lips again twist into their slight smile "Ah excellent, a fine mind to go with a fine body, and presumably a fine spirit as well. I guess we will see where this whole us thing goes but i have to agree. I too will never be a sword master, or a ranger, but when it comes to magic i could branch out anyway i wish, sorcerer, druid, cleric, all are within my grasp but none suit me the way my profession does. I am proud to specialize as a wizard, though i do find some of the warlock magic fascinating"

He raises his cloak, reveling the back which indicated his status in both the mage and warlock guides, warlock was insignificant, just barely above apprentice really. He was a high ranked mage though, a step below master. Combined the two made him very formidable[/color:2hi0xdzd]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She peered at the symbols and placed them within her mind, nodding to herself she thought how his magic manifested, how it was so different from hers. Wondering how the arcane magics worked in comparison to the divine. She listened as he spoke of how he could branch out any way, how he had opted not to, more sexual comments and a compliment on her intelligence.

She blinked at him and smiled "Impressive, I have not seen a warlock in many years"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1s0a16ga]"Impressive" he counters "How you ignore or counter every sexual referance i make. Do you think i will stop making them just because you fail to respond to a few? No i am not like others Myna, failing to respond to me will only make me try harder in much more obvious ways, eventually i will try in much more obvious public ways.."

He gives her a wink before he allows his chair to return to all four legs "Warlocks are rare in the underdark, I was not sure how common they were up here, truly i had hoped to find a master to study under but if they are really that rare i will simply have to continue and develop on my own"[/color:1s0a16ga]