A meeting...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2cabgcal]He shakes his head slowly "I am not cruel Myna my dear, you are idealistic. in your world everyone deserves second chances, learning from your mistakes makes you better and good wins in the end. That is a pleasant world, one a lot would like to believe in, It is not however reality"

He sighs softly as he turns his gaze back to the sky "We loose people every year in the academies because of mistakes, a missed parry, a misspoken word in spell work, failure to adhere to protocol in a summon. It is Evolution, the strong, the smart, the talented, the ones who make few mistakes or who are lucky enough to survive the ones they do? Those are the ones that survive"

He nods to a few of the stars "You see those stars? They know their place, they are stationary, never moving, always the same..except they are not" His gaze tracks another shooting star through the sky "Even they die out, fade away, loose their light. Even in the heavens the weak or old fade to non existence, leaving only the strong and true behind"

He returns his gaze to her "However the world needs both our types i believe, the pessimist and optimist, the cynical and hopeful. Each strong in their own way, One luckier then the other sure, but both still surviving"[/color:2cabgcal]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"Perhaps not your reality but there are many different aspects to this world you have stepped into and about every one of them is different than what you are used to. Sure there is crueless everywhere, many would even share your principals of the weak and strong. However there are many who do not, many who would seak to convert you because of the way you think"

She said as she continued to walk slowly down the path.

"As far as the stars are considered look at it a different way, like life they are constantly renewing themselves, some die off, while others are born into existance. The cycle of life, same here, people die and others are born. It saddens the ones left behind when their loved ones die but its a cycle that must be respected and understood."
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:35701hin]He nods "Exactly, people die, and others are born but why do people die? Old age? Sure but those who die of old age are the ones who were skilled enough, lucky enough and smart enought to live so long. If you do not make it to die of old age then you were weaker then someone at some point. Not as healthy, not as good, not as smart, not as strong, not as lucky, not in as good a position. Sure they are all factors but they all contribute to one fact. The strong continue, the strong breed, the strong cull the weak, feed of them, become stronger"

He sighs shaking his head "Call me cynical if you wish, and perhaps i am, but i like to think i am strong, and because of that i am more careful, more thoughtful, more analytical, to keep the weakness that would cause my death from coming"[/color:35701hin]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow "Everyone is weak in a way, no one is without weakness. Weather it comes in the form of arrogance, love, hate, good or bad we all have weaknesses that can be exploited. No one is truely strong in that regard" she said with a shrug.

"Everyone has strength too, it is a matter of how we act, think and respond as to what wins but that is just in a fight. Outside of that most live in peace and many never need to worry about strength or weakness. They live peaceful secluded lives away from combat and the hate and danger of it all."
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:oxo5d6vh]"Yet they still die" He was quick to point out "From sickness because of weak bodies, or lack of food because of no job, and why do they not have that job? To weak minded to do it? To weak of body to perform it? To weak of spirit to stick it out? Why do some succeed and others fail? Strength of body, mind and will are all needed to be successful. Some have it, others do not. It is evolotuion"

His gaze goes back to her once more, lips twisting into a slight smile "It is clear to see you are strong of mind and spirit, and from what i can tell you are strong of body as well. However you seem to be lacking luck, as your current situation proves, or perhaps you are very lucky indeed. After all we crossed paths did we not?"

He again reaches out sliding his hand into hers, lifting her palm, studying it quietly "Amazing really, how such a young drow has so much trouble after her, how one so lovely has inspired such rage. What stories could you tell me i wonder Myna?"[/color:oxo5d6vh]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow and said it simply "Everyone dies, sooner or later."

It was true even with their extended life spans, she as well as he would eventually die, if not on the battle field then elsewhere, no one lives forever, just as the only constant was change.

"More than you have time and desire to listen to" she said simply to his question as he studied her soft darkened skin.

"However as far as luck goes, I have too much of it. How many could evade her gaze for months? To evade her wrath from taking ones life time and time again?"

She asked curiously raising and eye brow.

"Strong or weak, none on this world can stand up to the angry gaze of a god or goddess, regardless. Luck I have in a way. You would argue I am unlucky for garnishing her attention in the first place. For incurring her wrath is a sign of my luck"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1nx17hsj]He nods, but still does not release her hand though he does continue the conversation "True Myna, Very true, i find you intriguing, and there are ways to hide from Lloth even the gods are not completly fail proof you know? Alternate planes, alternate realities, aura obfuscation, reality shifts, different methods, different goals, diffrent plans, all possible if you know the right spells, the right methods, the correct patterns and words"

His gaze returns to hers once more, red meet red/violet evenly "Is that what you want though? to always run? To be forced to hide, always moving, never establishing roots, fearing to make friends, always alone?"[/color:1nx17hsj]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow but allowed him to continue to hold her hand, as far as gestures it was not a big one or unwelcome one for her.

"What I want is not a possiblity, second best, sure it would be nice to stop, to make a new life, to have friends again. It would be nice to not be a constant danger to everyone around me. But sometimes our wants are not the ones that come first. Perhaps one day I can get my wants but not today"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1g146stv]He chuckles "you really are so much different from any other Drow i know, even those who do not follow Lloth tend to look out for what they want first, not what the ones around them need, certainly not anyone else safety!"

He lets her hands go but walks to her side as they continue moving, matching her step for step "However i suppose that is a good thing, you are causing ripples, and those ripples will cause interesting things to happen that will certainly make my life all the more fun"

His left hand rises, brushing a lock of hair behind her ear idly, that same strand kept comming out for some reason it seemed "Indeed i do think i will stay around you a bit, it will prove interesting if nothing else, perhaps it will even prove...fun"[/color:1g146stv]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She smiled at him and spoke in soft reverant tones.

"Aid the weak, strong, grateful, and churlish alike. Always be kind except when in combat" she recited softly.

"Encourage happiness everywhere; lift hearts with kind words, jests, songs, and merriment. Whenever possible, food should be eaten with accompaniment of song. Except for properly sad occasions, a feast should be accompanied by merriment. Promote happiness and gaiety whenever possible"

She chuckled and paused briefly.

"These are the words I live my life by. I particularly must be more cautious must deviate from these more than I like but they are none the less what I must try to promote"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2xc4j2xj]He laughs softly "You have such a optimistic look at things don't you? However if you are serious about merriment i can think of a few things we could do that would indeed increase the ammount of joy in my life" he gives her another wink before dropping his hands back to his sides

"Seriously though, are you just like built to be optimistic or do you have to work at it? Does nothing get or keep you down for long? No doubts, no reservations?"[/color:2xc4j2xj]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She shrugged "I could fall into depression I have more than enough reasons to but what would that do? It would make me weak as the sadness ate away at me. Instead I find other things, other reasons. Eilistraee tells me to keep hope that all is not lost. With my goddess whispering in my ear how could I possibly betray her teachings? It may be a curse but it is also a blessing and I dont think Iwould change it if I could. most go throughout their lives with nothing but blind faith nothing to assure them."

She shrugged for a moment.

"Am I special? Some would say so but no, I am no more than anyone else, and much less in some cases Ican only be who I am no more no less and this is part of what I must be"

she frowned at him "And if you want that kinda merriment after knowing someone for only a day look eslewhere" she grinned at him then and eased away from him, her solmn stride turning into a playful dance as she darted away.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2tcqgu9t]He raises an eyebrow before giving a single hand gesture followed by a spoken word, a moment later his body vanishes, reappearing directly in front of her "That, Myna my dear is a variation of teleport called blinking. It is fairly low level, but takes no where near the energy. Drawback? It will only work for line of sight"

His arms slide around her waist, gaze locking with hers "I could paralyze you, keep you immobile while i got my merriment..take your mind maybe with a few of the higher spells..but" He steps back before resuming his spot beside her "Why would I wish to do that? As i said earlier, i find you fascinating, besides you are correct. One day is not enough time, and anything worth pursuing is worth the time to put into it"[/color:2tcqgu9t]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She giggled as he appeared right there grasping her, it was as if she knew he was going to do it, or expected at much at the minimum, no she was having a hard time seeing him...he was irratic, she wondered if it was because he had not yet decided what way he would go. It made him hard to read though, but she moved back again unworried about him.

"Oh you will do no such thing and we both know it. Of either of the paths you may take neither have that in them" she grinned and brought her flute to her lips and continued as she was before moving smoothly merrily this time she played her flute, a happy light tune that made one want to dance.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2dfu20kp]Chuckling lightly he slips an arm around her waist, walking with her through the woods, one side of his mind focused on her music, the other turning inward to focus on his thoughts. She did intrigue him, and it was obvious she was in a bad position. The position he had been put in however was not one he expected

Women, like anything else in the underdark merely had a price attached to them, usually it was a bauble, or some type of service. He knew with her it would be diffrent, she would do nothing without an emotional attachment, and he had been trained to avoid those since birth, attachment lead to stronger feelings which lead to weakness toward to cared for one, which lead to a possible exploitation

His gaze cuts back over to her, it might not be to bad, if he was vigilant enough to stand guard, to watch for those who would take advantage, still if it was worth it was what he needed to determine "You play very well, Who taught you?"[/color:2dfu20kp]