A meeting...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow at him nearly laughing she shook her head.

"You are unlike any follower of Lloth I have ever met. You have too...kind of a spirit and mind for her" she chuckled softly, the words where true he didnt act like a follower of lloth. They where cruel and she had never heard of a gentle bone in their body, not like he was exhibiting.

"Anyway, I know I am not crazy. Others rarely see things in such a light however. Hearing voices is rarely a sign of a stable mind afterall" she chuckled again and looked over at him, for some reason he was easy to speak with, she was still a bit wary of him but not outright defensive.

She led him up and into the inn where they where greeted by lively music, a handful of guests sat around telling tales and chatting amongst themselves. She led him off to the side and to one of the smaller tables where they could sit. They where not seated for more than ten minutes before a waitress stopped by asking what they would like.

"Temarian Wine 1470" she then looked over at him to order whatever pleased him, she just wanted a glass of wine herself.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:8y5u1iwn]He shrugs slightly as he slides into his seat, when the waitress arrives he simply orders the house special to go along with the wine Myna had ordered. he would trust her judgement when it came to the wine as he himself was not a big drinker, of wine or anything else for that matter. Still as the waitress departed he again focuses in on her

"This is more like it, good food and company in a nice warm place, you are right as well. I follow Lloth but i do not have the hard heart most of my Drow breathern do. I was able to come through the challenges quicker then most, and remarkably unscathed. I have my uncle to thank for that I think. He taught me there is more to life then simple ambition, and that ambition without skill is not smart. Therefore i work to build my skill. I will hope something worthy of being ambitious over comes later"[/color:8y5u1iwn]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She waited for the waitress to leave before she spoke again and when she did so it was in soft tones as she sat back in her seat.

"Yes this is a nice inn as far as places go" she said softly
"Good food, music, company, they have a garden out back and clean and tidy rooms" she had been to worse, alot worse, and she had enjoyed her time here so far, and the gardens where good for solidude when she needed or wanted it. No one tended to go out there.

She went silent again as the plate of food was set infront of him and a bottle with two glasses was set infront of her. She poped the top and poured some into both glasses before sliding one over to him and taking a long sip on her own. The rich red liquid made her smile softly.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:3v0kkdns]He grins "So you believe yourself to be in good company as well? Excellent. I knew we'd hit it off!" He gives her a soft smirk as he picks up his own glass, taking a small sip. It was a good brand, a nice flavor and perfectly aged "you have a nice taste in wine, and a nice taste in establishments. Perhaps you can even be said to have a nice choice in men, though i suppose that will remain to be seen"

He raises his glass in a salute to her before taking another small sip and then digging into his dish "So tell me, What exactly does one do for fun around here?"[/color:3v0kkdns]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She smirked at him a playful glint in her eyes.

"I never said who the good company was" she shrugged then went on "Anyway I have good taste yes, in everything but the last one, because I have never engaged in the last one"

She breezed right over that subject an onewards.

"And for fun? Song, dance, there was a fight the other day. Assassin got burned into nothingness" she rose an eyebrow "It was an impressive display. It would have been more so if the one invoking didnt fry himself in the process aswell" she chucked then shrugged.

"He will be fine though, after he heals a bit more. Beyond that I couldn't tell you"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:18ikvucc]He waves on hand in an almost dismisal movement "Burning someone takes no imagination, i would much rather restrain them with a power word and then insert acid arrows into their shoulders, watch their faces as the fluid drains down into their muscles and veins, eating away the tissue form the inside out" He takes another sip of wine "The look on their faces is such a treasure to behold do you not think?"

He pushes his empty plate to the side before finishing off his wine "However the rest sound good. I enjoy music and dancing as much as the next person. I'm going to have to look into picking up a job or something though. I have enough gold on me to last about two months in comfort before i need to worry over that though"[/color:18ikvucc]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow, then decided not to let it bother her as she shook her head.

"Becareful Kal, your true colors are showing" she said it almost teasingly. Torture was not something she enjoyed even a little bit.

"Well if you wish to seek employment here you would have to discuss it with Zzadrina I would imagine, otherwize I would not know" she shrugged, she was not planning on staying here that long

"I myself will have to move on within the week" Staying as long as she was, was already a danger to her as well as anyone near her. "perhaps if your lucky someday in the not too distant future I will be able to return"
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:qqvn1g4v]He laughs softly "True Colors? I am a drow in the service of queen Lloth Myna, though i may be less blood thirsty then my fellow Drow does not mean that i do not enjoy inflicting pain when i have a cause to do so" His gaze meets hers, one eyebrow raising "Besides, like it or not torture is one of if not the best way to gain information from uncooperative sources"

He refills his cup, taking a soft sip of the wine once more before he says anything further "Zzadrina huh? I will have to seek her out at some point then, but perhaps i shall just follow you if your leaving. I can see more of this surface world while keeping track of someone who i am sure will provide me much entertainment in the future. Others are sure to come after you yes?"

He nods, sipping the drink again "I can either join them when they make their attempts or thwart them and then take their gold..either way I'd end up well paid i'm certain"[/color:qqvn1g4v]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She shrugged almost nonchallantly.

"I have other less cruel ways of getting information" she said simply before taking a long sip of he wine and curiously raising an eyebrow when he mentioned going with her. When he spoke about either defending her or betraying her. Though she supposed it was not really a betrayal, you had to trust someone for them to betray you.

"Like I said, knife in the back" she just retorted with a light chuckle, if only he didn't serve the spider queen she thought, she might have been able to trust him. She doubted he would turn on his own though, if he defended her that would make him a traitor to the followers of lloth, it would put him in the spider queen's disfavor and she didnt see him doing that.

When the time comes, she reminded herself, until then, she would wait and see.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1f9jcq56]He sighs setting his glass down "I told you before Myna a knife to the back is to pedestrian. I can ensnare the senses, turn enemy to friend and friend to enemy. Conjure walls, destroy kingdoms, poison the pure and weaken the strong. I have no need of a weapon for my magic is my weapon and wielded as such is mightier then the sword"

He picks his glass back up "However, i will not use that against you, my greatest contribution to your demise would be to stand back and watch as it happened. I will promise you now before whatever passes for gods on this surface world that i will not actively seek to destroy you"[/color:1f9jcq56]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"Have you ever heard of a frame of speach?" she shook her head to him, muttering something in the language of the drow under her breath.

"Anyway that is a small relief I guess" she said half sarcastically "I would of hated to have to kill you too. Your such a fine specimen" she said a teasing note entering her voice as her eyes gave him the once over. It was reasonably true, he was good looking. She could even almost see herself attracted to him, should she ever gain a taste for men.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:264vr9a5]He laughs softly "Well here is to a good fight then" he lifts his glass "Though really i'd much rather you defeat me in a diffrent kind of battle. One that can be just as violent but much more fun" e gives her a wink, letting his own gaze roam brieftly over her body "You know, there are three types of women typically. The ones who view sex as just what it is, a physical release, or those that view it as some type of spiritual connection. Then, the last type the one who see's it as both and is able to enjoy it from all avenues"

His gaze returns to her own, the wine glass returning to his lips "I wonder Myna, which type are you? Are you passionate physically, spiritually bound or able to enjoy the full aspects"[/color:264vr9a5]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She chuckled and lifted her glass letting the rims touch briefly, filling the air with a musical hum.

"To a good fight then" she said before sipping her wine slowly, she again did not respond to his sexual innuendo or flat out discussions. He could have asked her what the weather was like, apparently she would be a tricky one to get to in such a way.

She wondered to herself if he would be easy to dissuade like the others, the others had given up after a day or two at the most. They where easy just ignore their comments or give them minimal answers and they gave up found someone more...receptive to go after.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:18wwyefm]Reaching accross the table he slides her hand into his own, the pad of his thumb stroking soft circles along the back side of her hand "Well Myna, you will come to find that some battles are indeed meant to be fought later rather then sooner. For the patient man that battl may be drawn out for days..weeks, even months however when it comences it is truly a sight to behold"

He lifts her hand, bringing it to his lips for a soft kiss before placing it gently back upon the table and releasing her "However, such theoretical battles are best discussed elsewhere are they not? For example, if you would prefer to battle with your own gender maybe..?"[/color:18wwyefm]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She nearly yanked her hand free, nearly as he grasped her, very forward for an under dark drow she thought. Quite different, she mused to herself even as his lips touched the satiny surface of her hand.

Then he released her, nothing more, nothing less. Leaving her puzzled and amused and very very confused. His words drew a different reaction though.

"Wha? No! What would make you?" she stammered out before shaking her head clear.

"Perverted, jerk!" She spat at him half playfully half in shock "I'm just not in a position...to...entertain such activities" she managed before going silent the shock and surprise still visable on her features.

She had said it very clearly in that one sentence, it wasnt that she was intrested in her own gender it was she had never felt the touch of a man before and was more than a little shy about the subject.