A meeting...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

A meeting...

Post by Myna »

She crouched down brushing her hands over the soft petals of the flower there, the moon was full bathing the whole valley in a soft pale glow. She enjoyed the cool of the evening air, the soft glow in opposition to the harsh brightness of the sun.

She pulled a few petals free storing them away, they would make fine ingredients for her work. She was trained in just enough for her to make the healing and mending concoutions mostly in the form of ointments and the like to help her as she needed it.

She righted herself and looked up running a hand through her hair, it was a quiet night and she knew it was slightly more dangerous for her to be so far and on her own but she had figured herself far enough away that those that would be tracking her had given up or where far enough behind her to not find her for awhile.

She wasnt expecting anyone to find her out here in the middle of the night, alone in the deserted valley.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2mc949vg]Watching quietly from the distant tree's Mrik's lips twist into a slight smile. Out in the open, away from any possible aid should she need it? This one truly was to trust, to innocent to be of drow heritage. Many would call her a disgrace to what it meant to carry the ebony skin. Still, He had to admire her courage, her conviction. Were he any other agent of the queen she might find herself under attack right now, rushed without given even a chance to speak her side. Him? He had no problem getting closer to his targets. One hand drops to a pouch at his waist, a few componets lift into the air, vanishing in a crackle of energy as his whispered tones invoke his magic. A moment later he blinks out of existence, reppearing by her side

"My greeting my lady. I do hope the evening finds you well?" He was an older drow, if you considered age seventy to be old that was. To his mentors in the academy he was still young, not a true master of his craft yet "One must wander what brings one such as you out alone at this time. It is said this place is not safe. Did you not know that?"[/color:2mc949vg]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She didn't jump as most might have, it was like she knew he was there though there was no possible way she could have. She seemed weak, fragile, she seemed tender and innocent. She was to a degree but she had no fear.

"Caught me at last have you?" she said as she was facing him the moment he had materialized infront of her. Those eyes flecked with violet as they often seemed to be, except for when she was left in the quiet of her own mind.

She looked on guard, as if she was ready to attack at any moment and he could feel the shimmering feel of the magic on her fingertips. To drow that did not follow Eilistraee she was more than a disgrace she was the ebodiment of everything they hated. Weak though she was not. Far from it.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn and Gurguch... well, mostly Elwyn, Gurguch wasn't one for thought or emotions, being a golem, loved the valley, it was a good place for thought, occasionally stumbling across some danger, but Gurguch was well equiped to deal with little nusiances, containing a veritable armory inside his body of traps, and carrying almost a hundred pounds of metal in the form of swords, daggers, bolts, and other sharp objects. Elwyn too had his repositories of metal, a fine dust, which he carried on his back in a large gourd, stoppered with an iron stopper.

Elwyn had even decided to make his home there, a humble little cottage, made of random bits of metal that Elwyn found in the valley. It was the only man made thing of which he knew. So when he heard voices, he was surprised, with a wave of his hand, he commanded Gurguch to step forward, clambering into a specially made harness on his back, and peered out from Gurguch's eyes, When he saw two drow talking a female and a male, he almost decided to turn tail and run, but he saw a little bird flying by, and with a small jolt of electicity killed it, then with another brought it back to life, and sent it flying over the duo, particularly at the female.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1taqg1e3]He chuckles softly as he begins to slowly pace around her, his red gaze never leaving her head for a moment, even when he had performed one full circle "Come for you? My aren't we just full of ourselves. My queen does have more important things to worry about then one small insignificant priestess you know" he stops behind her, walking forward until his chest is three inches from her back

"Though i am certain if i attacked you now, spilled your warm blood upon the cool grass then i could find favor with my queen. Perhaps i could find even greater favor if i drew out your death, made it slow and torturous, sent you off to join my queen in a trully mangled state...yes i could gain favor indeed"

His laughter ring out, cold, dark, without humor "However you need to realize, I am a lazy man, to do you in would require to much effort, and rising in lloths eyes means i am more favored then others, and need to guard my back that much more fiercly. no my dear, i am not here to end you. I am not here to aid you either though. To do so would require personal incentive beyond your current worldly knowledge to provide"

He steps back around in front of her, sweeping into a half bow "No, i Merely was expressing myself in the most polite way i could given the circumstances. for i am right you see, it is dangerous out here...for you"[/color:1taqg1e3]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She didn't move, in fact she didn't so much as say a word her eyes however moved from the drow who had started to walk behind her to the being off to the side, she caught its eyes with a harsh look. Her eyes flashed but he was talking, he was dangerously close to her, it would be easy for him to put a dagger into her back, sever her spine from where he was standing...

However she knew he wouldn't, she was even sure he would not attack her, his words where true. He wasn't apart of the hunting party, he wasn't after her blood. At least not at the moment.

"We both know your mistress wants my death. She yearns for my blood however I believe your words"

She said in response to his words about her being full of herself, and whispered something about her not being a priestess. It was true she was not that highly ranked yet. Her mother had been the priestess of her home not her. She wasnt old enough yet.

"Everywhere is dangerous for me, here is no more, or less than any other place. The only difference is if I am found alone those around me don't die from my curse"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn heard the male's threats, and words, the two did not know each other, and he commanded Gurguch to step forward, "Sir, is that any way to speak to a lady?" Elwyn asked from behind Gurguch's eight foot tall frame, "Especially a priestess?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2xwxovhn]A smile smile graces his lips as he gives the lady another bow "Well said, and well met my lady. I am called Kalaerede, Though you may call me Kal if you so desire to.." His gaze runs over to the new arrival. One eyebrow arching slightly. When he speaks again his voice is cool, but hard as steel "I do not recall being back in the academy, nor do i recall you being made an instructor of etiquette. In polite society it is considered nice to introduce yourself before you go around butting into situations and conversations that are not only none of your business but out of your league as well"

The steel fades away, a small light returning to his eyes as the left brow archs "However i can see why you feel so safe at night all alone now my lady. One would feel safe if offered protection i am sure..however slothful and uncultured said aid may be" He sizes the new arrival up, clearly not impressed "As i stated, My name is Kalaerede, She has leave to call me Kal, you may refer to me as Sir Sultaasar, though i think i'd prefer it if you did not refer to me at all"[/color:2xwxovhn]
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn smiled, this one is interesting, "My name is Gurguch, pleased me meet you, Sir Sultaasar." Gurguch held out his darkskinned hand, "Forgive me, I have not had a conversation for a long time, my manners are not what they used to be." He knelt down, to put his misshapen face level with Kal's, "As you can see, my reasons for living out here are obvious." Throughout that whole phrase Gurguch's mouth did not open at all.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She still looked wary of him, her guard was far from down but she nodded to him.

"Though I am sure you already know I am Myna Mirshan. However if you are not here to kill me its a pleasure to meet you Kalaerede"

She said softly before the one on the outskirts of her vision finally spoke up and she clenched her fists together the magic fizzling away from their tips.

"I appreciate your concern but it is not necissary." she said softly, she was no follower of lloth and it showed in her apperance aswell as demeanor. She was one of the rare light natured dark elves.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:31orfuqw]He inclines his head slightly at the apology but makes no move to take the offered hand "Gurguch was it? Well i would say it is a pleasure to meet you but after the way you initially presented yourself it would be a lie, and though i am well versed in the nature of bending the truth i see no need to apply said skill in this case" He reaches down, straightening out his cloak idly, the symbol of the mages guild showing proudly on the black silk runner "However since it has been a long time for you i shall let this slight pass without further re competence. So, well met sir"

He turns his attention back to Myna a small smile forming on his lips "Of course Myna my dear i know your name, i do not believe there is a dark elf in existence who believes in the same ideals as I that does not know who you are or what you are accused of doing. The difference is? I don't care. You did what you did, I do what i do, the world goes on around us regardless of personal choice"

He shrugs slightly "I have no quarrel with you, not yet. Lets hope it keeps that way"[/color:31orfuqw]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She didn't react to his words, there was only a small difference, he had a choice in the matter, he chose what he did, she didnt get a choice. If she did, would she choose something else? She didn't know, probibly not,but it would depend upon the day.

She said no such thing as she watched him, she would have to keep her guard up, she would have to continue to watch him, she didn't trust anyone who followed the spider queen. She may not fear them but she didn't want a knife in her back either.

"In that case we shall get along fine untill you mistress demands you put a knife in my back" she said softly, such a thing was easier said then done and they would both know that.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:wza0f2sx]He laughs softly "I assure you my dear myna that the spider queen would not ask me to use a dagger when she knows a spell would be more my repoitore. besides the only dagger i have any interest in burying in you is not made of steel and would not enter your back. You can be assured of that" His laughter dies away to a soft smirk as he moves away from them both, back about five feet away

"However, now is not the time for such idea's or thoughts, however fun they may be. I have ascertained what i needed to know, but i will admit to being more curious then i have been before about you Myna, tell me. How do you find yourself in Lloths disfavor? Besides your...choice of deity anyway"[/color:wza0f2sx]
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Behind Gurguch's back, Elwyn chuckled, the male was funny, he had to admit, but his humor was not very situation appropriate. He also noticed his strange reaction, of stepping back slightly, and with a push off of Gurguch's back, Elwyn leapt free of his harness, in the same motion forming a prtective ball of adamantine around himself from the metal contained in his gourd, and Gurguch covered his face, metal plates growing all over his body.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She stiffened, at the other drow's words, she didnt like his insinuations, she didnt like the implications of that either. But what she hated the most was the question he had asked of her next. He didn't know, he must not be very high on the pecking order then, or he was not apart of the ones that would be involved in her case. He was not apart of that segment of drow. Either where possible, Lloth did not treat their men very well nor did they offer them more information than was necissary.

It amused her slightly to think about it, on the surface world it was almost a polar opposite, especially with the human's, men ruled and women followed for the most part.

She rose an eyebrow to him as she moved to face him, to catch his eyes with her own.

"You do not honestly expect me to answer that do you? To honestly tell you why your goddess has honed in on me of all the drow on the surface?" she nearly spat it at him but somehow kept her tone neutral, though there was an undertone there. Resentment perhaps? No, anger? No that wasnt quite it either. However he followed the ones that wanted her dead, it was not a surprise she would not tell him anything.