[Campaign] Divinity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

T'risstree listened and watched closely as Talwyn leveled his accusation against the wizard and then observed the wizards reaction with interest.

Still, she would not do anything until Myna had made her decision but she duly noted that if a paladin says someone is evil, they are always right.

To her though, evil and good, although absolutes, had shades of grey in between and there are times when you could not be so picky about your companions.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

"ENOUGH" her voice came out like a shock through the air, it was not only unlike her but it had a definate feel of...power behind it. It sent a jolt through everyone like an electric shock.

She waited till they focused on her, who was sitting calmly, crosslegged in the middle of the field.

"Sit!" she then ordered and waited for them to comply, her focus was on the boys not on T'ristree. Her sister, if she had a problem could talk easily she was not focused on the other right now as the violet burned in her eyes like a million kindeled flames, shimmered with an un-nerving glow.

"I will start first here. With you Kal. Calm your temper as well as your tongue. Your assistance is appreciated.

Talwyn" she said his name this time with an authority that didn't seem to fit with her previous attitude. She seemed to be used to some manner of control now. "I understand at least partially your code and I have a basic knowledge about how such things work. However listen to my words first, this may important for you aswell T'ristree"

She said her gaze turning to the other woman for a moment her eyes still had that weird glow to them before looking back to the paladin.

"Kal, has just left the grasp of the darkness of the underdark. He has not renuonced them to me as of yet however when given the choice he chose to stand with us, not with them." she rose a hand to stall any objections.

"You may say it is just a ploy to get my trust so that he might stick a dagger in my back later. I can tell you that no matter what path we take here I do not see it down any of his paths. I can tell you that I can see that the evil will leave his heart as he spends time with us up here. As he spends time among the kindness and the light up here, and that the greater towards this he will gain the further away from the darkness of the underdark he grows. Would you belive my words? That is your call." she said softly.

"All I ask of you is instead of deciding your mind right here, think with reason, think with love, pray to your god. I have seen him take the time to aid you before. Seek his council now" she said softly.

She then turned to look at T'ristree "You must tell me your feelings at this point. I will tell you what I can but I can not make your decision for you. You my sister must make that decision for yourself"

She looked to Kal now "And you must be clear with everyone, no tricks no lies. I do not wish to loose anyone." she looked to the sky now talking to everyone now.

"I value every friendly face as a friend and friends are precious to me. Every shred of kindness is a shining star in the blackness of my life." she said softly before looking back to them.

"However I can not make decisions for you, so make your call, we are safe in this spot for nearly a full cycle of the sun and the moon. If you choose to give one another a chance I will tell you my story. If you cannot that is your decision to make. If I have to I will face what I must by myself" she said though there was a note of sadness in this it never reached her face. Her face was calm, kind and very serious.

From there she waited, waited to see how they would react, to see what they would say, and do. She had made it clear she was not choosing, she would aid, and talk and if they decided against it she would leave on her own rather than make anyone unhappy.

------------------------

[color=darkblue:2anw8t2f] Meanwhile at the inn or more just outside of it, the drow who had nearly suffocated Lazerus was now talking to another outside of the inn. He told the other, another male to send the parties out, as he had told them he told this lesser drow now. Sending him out to relay commands to the other drow.

He, he would have to report to the matriarch that was in charge of this. Many layers, he grumbled something to himself as he moved off, he would let the inn survive this time. It afterall was not in his orders to destroy it. Just to get information on the girl. He was sure the other had given him a wrong direction but he could not be certain.

---

Inside the inn the other drow slumped back into a chair and ordered a pint of ale. He felt he needed a drink after that. He couldn't tarry long now though. He had to work to get to the sanctum he was told he would run into her at. There would be little time but he could move across the wilderness quicker than she could, she had never taken her tracking and wilderness training seriously. He sighed, things would get difficult now. But her life depended on his actions and he knew it.[/color:2anw8t2f]
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:3qwd3b1n]His gaze narrows on Myna "I have not tried to trick or lie to anyone here, I haven't done ANYTHING since my arrival but try to be of aid, and in thanks what did I receive?" He huffs, clearly ignoring the request to sit, arms instead folding across his chest "I'll tell you what i get, Attacked, Ridiculed, spoken of as if i am not here, my intentions, path, upbringing and home analyzed as if my own input does not matter!"

The red gaze is still burning as turns walking off a bit so that he is facing into the surroundings, face hidden from view "Why in the ninth level of hell i thought things would be different up here i know not. In the underdark i was a mere male, didn't matter how hard I worked, how good I was, What i could do. Being a male meant i could go only so far"

He sighs "Now it seems being a male doesn't matter, but who you worship and how you feel do. I am not sure which place is worse to be completely honest" He turns back around his gaze narrowing "Those two I can expect it out of, they haven't even met me before today, but you Myna, you? You at least know a little about me, where i am from, what our society is like"

He reaches into his pouch tossing a stone to the ground before her feet, take that it is a stone that is linked to one i carry, should it be destroyed i can zero on it and return in a flash. Use it if you have need of me. If you do not have need of me that is fine, I will simply await our next meeting"

He gathers a few more components from his pouch, organizing them quickly in his hand "I'd stick around, but i know when my presence is distasteful" here his gaze goes to Tal "Unappreciated" His gaze moves to tris "Or seen only as a mask of lies or tricks" Here his gaze locks on myna "So i shall remove said presence"

A moment later his body fades from view followed by a soft flash of light, the obvious signs of teleport[/color:3qwd3b1n]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth had a worried feeling, He leant his arms against the table-top and put his forehead to his palms. He decided the best course of action was to ask the drow at the table this little questions he had. but he had to ask in a way that wouldnt scare him or make him suspitious.

Gareth aproched the table and sat down beside the man, He whispered to him so the other drow, or any others couldnt listen in. "I know it might not be any of my business but... I overheard the conversation, is there anything I can do to help?" He said in a friendly tone of voice.
Last edited by Gareth Ravenmantle on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: If it's okay, I'll just say I went through the portal with you, but have been staying out of the argument so far. I don't get on as much as I'd like to, so I sometimes fall a little behind on what's going on. Stupid library time limits...

IC: "Well, that was- interesting, to say the least. Why didn't we stay to fight? If someone wishes you harm, Myna, you know I would defend you. And vendui to you, T'risstree. I must be invisible for you to ignore me like that, ussta jallil. Or is it because I smell of the road?"

He turns to Talwyn. "I'm not entirely sure what was going on back there, but since the wizard did help us, you could have at least have given him the benefit of the doubt, friend. Everyone deserves a chance to seek the light, no?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She looked at the stone infront of her as Kal vanished she took the moment to pick it up and pocket it before her head fell into her hands. She was tired it was true but that was not the issue, this..conflict she detested, she hated the anger and the pain of those around her weighed on her heart, like an iron glove.

She didn't respond right away as the man she was not familiar with addressed her.

"I thank you for your words" she said to the other not even bothering asking for his name right now.

"We did not stay to fight because that was the scouting party, behind them not a mile away were two large raiding parties. There would have been too much for us to handle, I do not wish any of you to become injured on my behalf. None of you even know for what you fight. All you know is that there is someone who wishes my death or capture."

She sighed running her hands back and through her hair, displacing her silvery white hair, the bangs just bounced back to where they belonged, the rest shimmered behind her back.

-------------------

[color=darkblue:1ydjmv3s] The man looked up and over at the tiefling that had moved to talk to him, while it was possible that he had been hired to attack, to garner information. It was a low possibility. He drank deeply of his ale and narrowed his red shimmering eyes on him.

"Who are you and why are you intrested?"[/color:1ydjmv3s]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He bows politely and introduces himself to those he has not yet met.

OOC: outta time here!!

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Does it really matter? All that does is that im here to help, Now are you going to let me or not?" Said Gareth with a slightly annoyed tone of voice .
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

Lizarus was leaving the inn, he needed to heal up his throat. Before he did, he drew up something on parchment and handed it to the drow that strangled him. It had a map of the area, and it pointed out a location where Lizarus lived. "If you need a rogue, or assassin, feel free to go over to me." he said, handing it over to the drow. "I'm impressed by you." he added, walking into the forest, the map said he lived in the forest, in a tunnel in a certain patch of bushes.
Image Click.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

OOC: I'm going to insert my responses between other peoples conversations. ;)

IC:

[i:14pde4ec][color=green:14pde4ec]"For I wonder, which is more evil. someone with prior taint trying to do better, or someone who considers himself so above everyone else that only his way matters? You call it a holy quest? I call it Tyranny. Every tyrant we have ever had"

Kal' gaze moves back to Tal "Everyone of them, has had an attitude like yours. How far is it from I know better, to you should know better, to I will force my will on you?" [/color:14pde4ec][/i:14pde4ec]

I listened with a bored expression on my face and while Kal was mouthing off. Pulling out a small dog eared note book, opened it and made a notation in it. Kal look at me in annoyance.

"And that makes it a 1012 times I've heard that rant or something along those lines," I said with a bored expression as I put the notebook away. I looked back at the fuming drow mage with a tranquil composed gaze.

"It's quite simple really: I am better than you. That's the truth of the matter. Torm, a god, has decreed that I am worthy to be one of his champions. I have been sanctioned by divine right. My mandate comes from following a strict set of principles and ethics which can not be compromised. Compromise on but one of the smallest part and the whole edifice can not stand. If we give way on the little things, what chance do the greater ideals have if you can not even abide to the smallest principle? A fortress is only as strong as its foundations and if those foundations are shifting and fluid as the sand then it will topple and crumble when put to the test. I do not expect you to understand nor care and my words are more for the ladies than you."

I paused for a moment and Kal was about to respond but I overrode him and continued.

"That you have thrown this tantrum only further and most eloquently illustrates my point that your words and actions have revealed your true character. And to your misguided remark on tyranny: Though you claim to be acting to free yourself from the bonds of evil and hatred, you have not done so. I do encourage you to continue on that path by being humble, self effacing, compassionate, kind, generous to those who need your aid and by completing acts of mercy and charity with no need for acknowledgement or reward. Through such deeds you will move beyond thinking about yourself and become dedicated to others for your salvation lies in selfless service to all. And finally, the choice on this matter is Myna's. I asked that she ask you to leave. I did not demand it. If she refuses, I will honour her request and withdraw from this task. That is not tyranny, that is freedom. This is why I am worthy to be a paladin while you remain a conjurer of cheap tricks."

I thought Kal would explode as his red eyes were blazing with fury.

[b:14pde4ec][color=cyan:14pde4ec][i:14pde4ec]"ENOUGH!" Myna's voice came out like a shock through the air. It was not only unlike her but it had a definate feel of...power behind it. It sent a jolt through everyone like an electric shock.

She waited till they focused on her as she was sitting calmly crosslegged in the middle of the field.[/i:14pde4ec][/color:14pde4ec][/b:14pde4ec]

She spoke and asked if I would pray to Torm to ask for his understanding in making a compromise in this matter. I gazed into the air she spoke with a tender but resigned look that indicated that such a request would not be granted. Honour and duty are everything, no compromise.

She addressed Kal the mage,

[b:14pde4ec][color=cyan:14pde4ec]"And you must be clear with everyone, no tricks no lies. I do not wish to loose anyone." she looked to the sky now talking to everyone now.

"I value every friendly face as a friend and friends are precious to me. Every shred of kindness is a shining star in the blackness of my life." she said softly before looking back to them.

"However I can not make decisions for you, so make your call, we are safe in this spot for nearly a full cycle of the sun and the moon. If you choose to give one another a chance I will tell you my story. If you cannot that is your decision to make. If I have to I will face what I must by myself" she said though there was a note of sadness in this it never reached her face. Her face was calm, kind and very serious.

From there she waited, waited to see how they would react, to see what they would say, and do. She had made it clear she was not choosing, she would aid, and talk and if they decided against it she would leave on her own rather than make anyone unhappy.
[/color:14pde4ec][/b:14pde4ec]

Then Kal flared up, indignant and full of fire. He ranted again and ignored her gentle kind words to be calm and show how much progress he has made. Instead, he threw a rock at her feet and said, [color=green:14pde4ec]"I'd stick around, but I know when my presence is distasteful," turning his gaze to Tal, "Unappreciated," then lookiing over at T'risstree, "Or be seen only as a mask of lies or tricks," finally coming back to lock on to Myna, "So I shall remove said presence!" [/color:14pde4ec]

He then vanished from the clearing leaving Myna in a moment of stunned silence. I was half expecting something like this to happen anyway so it was no surprise to me that his temper, ego and wounded pride over came his desire to be helpful. Such is the nature of those who have evil in their hearts.

Then, thankfully, the silence was broken by Lothir chirping up with his usual dry wit. I smiled gratefully at the drow bard. The lad was a ray of sunshine on a gloomy day at times.

"In response to your question, yes everyone deserves to see the light however if they choose to do so, then it must be strictly supervised and monitored. Going on a quest or such with one who has not turned away from the darkness only imperils you and them. The simple fact is that you must learn to walk before you can run my friend. He must learn to walk free of evil before he can run and act in the selfless service of others. And as I have stated before, I can not act or work with any who have not removed the taint from their soul. It makes life difficult for many but striving to maintain ideals and a set of principles is never easy, nor should it be."

I gazed back to Myna who sat there with a glum unhappy resigned look on her lovely face as she magically rearranged her hair. I knelt before her, taking her hand gently and spoke softly to her.

"Myna, you have my deepest apologies. I am sorry for causing you discomfort. However Kal has made his choice, you are not responsible for that. He left because he is not truly committed to abandonning the darkkness that dwells within his heart. If he choose to stay and if that was what you wished, I would have had left so as not to provoke any further discord. Please understand that I am here to defend you and aid you at all costs. I will not comromise, retreat nor surrender that charge but I can not break an earlier oath I made before my god which is abide no evil in my company. I pray that you forgive me," I said as I bowed my head to her.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She nodded once to herself more than anything else, what could she do? Kal had left, he had not abandoned totally she wondered if this was a good thing or not. She would leave our on her own before she would make such a decision. She didn't know either of them well enough to make a decision like he had asked of her. Her voice came out smooth and gentle though maybe a bit resigned.

"I understand, I have been told I am an idealist and perhaps this is a sad truth I have yet to accept. I am saddened by this but I cannot and would not if I could change anyone to make my heart or my life easier. We can only be who we are no more no less.

Your teachings tell you to abide no evil, mine dictate that I show love and kindness to all except when faced with battle."

She thought for a moment, she wondered why paladin's where like this, if you where good natured and with an attitude such as hers they tended to be protective and easy to get along with. If someone had so much as a trace of darkness within their mind or heart they turned into the opposite. She hated it, she wished they could see the shades of gray in between.

She supposed that again was out of her control, beyond her ability to control. She thought back looking up at the sky. A few words escaped her throat but they where not in the common tongue.

"Ilhar, vel'bol xun Usstan xun? Lu'oh xun dos detholar tu'fyr tolerance lu'compromise?"

She recieved no answer nor was she looking for one here she was remembering her mother, the wisdom of the woman, conversations...lessons with her. She closed her eyes a miserable feeling of inadequency and weakness. After a moment her face cleared and she nodded to herself.

"My mother once told me to control only what was in my reach to control and leave the rest to others. That sometimes I must put trust into those around me and let the lady that guides my moonlit path handle the rest. I must say it is certainly easier to do this. Not something that is easy in practice though."

She cleared her throat and shook her head as if to clear it before she at last fully refocused on those infront of her.

"What is done is done. Before I say another word, is there anything anyone wishes to say or ask?" it was such a simple question, and the fire and power that once stood behind her voice had dulled away and the violet flecks that once so vibrant in her eyes was just a dull shimmer behind the red now.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:3g7w875l]"Sister, although he can be inflexible, Talwyn means well and if he had sensed evil in Kal's heart, we are wise to trust his judgement. Like you, I am bound by the dogma of our faith but Talwyn follows a different set of rules that he is unable to compromise on. Believe me...I've tried to get him to be reasonable many times,"[/color:3g7w875l] she winked at Myna with a gentle laugh before continuing, "[color=indigo:3g7w875l]Be that as it may, we are idealists, all of us...well maybe not Lothir as he's just a vagabond with a lute who can sing well but never the less, ideals are what define us and you should be proud to serve our goddess. So as you say, what's done is done, there is no use crying over spilt rothe milk. All I am interested in is helping you on this journey, to aid my sister in the service of Eilistraee. My question is this: where are we now because I would really like to know in case I or any of us get lost?" [/color:3g7w875l]she asked with a hint of a smile.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir scolws a bit at T'risstree's words. "Vagabond with a lute? Is that all you see, my Lady? I assure you, I am much more than that. I am a follower of the Dark Maiden just as you are, and Noble-born besides. Though I have renounced the ways of my home, I too seek to show that there is anohter way, one of peace and kindness, without predjudice or hate. I suppose that makes me an idealist too, but I simply prefer to do my teaching through music and joy. And occasionally at the point of my sabers, if that is the only way. Personally, I detest violence, but I am not afraid to use it if I must. Not afraid to die, either, for that matter. Been down that road once already...."

He turns to look around. "As to where we are, be buggered if I know. I still have trouble finding my way from Waterdeep to Silverymoon. Myna?"

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

She grinned at Lothir.

[color=indigo:35o1thlp]"Oh Lothir, I was joking. You are no vagabond, though perhaps you're better described as a wastrel with a pirates heart?[/color:35o1thlp]" she said teasingly, her eyes glittering with amusement.

[color=indigo:35o1thlp]"It is good that you follow the goddess and lift up our spirits with your music and songs. She looks kindly on such who provide joy this way,"[/color:35o1thlp] she added with a kind smile.
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"He shakes his head with a wry smile. "Wastrel? Please, you wound me, my dear. And never in my life have I been a pirate. THAT is my father's line of work, and he's welcome to it. I'd sooner eat a bilge rat and let Lolth's spiders play tag in my pants than be thought a pirate."