[Campaign] Divinity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

She raised a bemused fine eyebrow at Lothir's response.

[color=indigo:x29ajjw5]"Not a pirate? Really? I could have sworn by the goddess that your pirates smile and romantic songs would board and plunder any willing wenches heart,"[/color:x29ajjw5] she said with a merry laugh.

[color=indigo:x29ajjw5]"And having spiders play tag in your pants...well Lothir...you are a kinky one now, aren't you? What else haven't you told us, hmm?"[/color:x29ajjw5]

She giggled and smirked at him.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He throws up his hands, rolling his eyes. "Ach! Goddess save me from the wiles of women! And no, I'm not particularly 'kinky' as you put it. But thank you for the compliment- I think." He shrugs and smiles, with a wink at her. "Wouldn't YOU like to know?!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:2uf96pnh]"Well it is helpful to know the particular likes of your friends so that you can give them appropriate present when its their birthday and such. So for you, it will be spider infested underpants,"[/color:2uf96pnh] she laughed.
[color=indigo:2uf96pnh]
"And what is wrong with our wiles hmm? I thought you males enjoyed our wiley ways? I know that big lug next to me gets his thrills when I'm being....wiley,"[/color:2uf96pnh] she nudged Talwyn lightly with a suggestive smirk.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She closed her eyes her hands settling on her knees as a serene expression took over her face.

"We are approximately twenty miles north and twenty five yards east of the path" she said softly.

"Two days travel along this route will take us to a hidden Eilistraee sanctuary. For now that is where..." she paused thinking "we must go..if you are comming with me" she said at last having a hard time with the idea that she would not be alone.

"Is there anything else any of you would ask?" she said softly, she waited to see what would be asked of her before she would say anything, she was sure what she had to tell them would cause even more questions so this way was the easiest.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

[color=indigo:xvx2e3w3]"So why are we going there sister? What is there that is special?" [/color:xvx2e3w3]she asked as she moved over to where Myna was.

[color=indigo:xvx2e3w3]"What revelation have you been granted?"[/color:xvx2e3w3] she asked quietly.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

It was entertaining to watch T'risstree tease Lothir.

She nudged me when she said that I enjoyed her wiles. Brazen wench! I grinned faintly, letting her have her moment.

Truth be told I was enjoying being with her immensely and loved her playful mercurial feyness.

I waited to hear what Myna had to say.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She looked up at T'ristree with a far too knowing expression for one her age.

"The question should be what have I not been granted?" she shook her head "Before I can tell you anything about why we are to travel to this location you have to know the situation I am in. You are not yet bound to me in my fate. Kal saved you from that with his stunt."

she said softly, though she knew Talwyn had a problem with the wizard it was the truth. They because of his sudden movements it would give them the chance to choose their path.

"Because of what..I am...I have drawn the attention of the Lloth following drow with much distaste. They will hunt me until I no longer draw breath. This is the simple fact of the matter. Weather it is the drow or Lloth herself that yearns for my blood has not been revealed for me however in the end its not far from the same thing"

she mused for a moment before continuing on.

"I am new to my...gift...as most would call it. It is unrefined and I do not speak of it. Most would not appreciate it and others would not believe me if I did speak of it. You will have to pick where you stand once you have my most guarded secret"

She was obviously putting alot of trust into them with whatever she was going to tell them. Weather they already suspected or not was theirs to know not her. She knew alot she shouldnt but she still didnt know everything.

"I see the what is to be, I see the paths certain people may take, where it will lead them. But most of all I am guided by the Lady. Eilistraee. She speaks with me and it is only due to her grace that I still draw breath and am still able to serve her." she looked at each of them sqauarely.

"She told me this evening, that I would be joined by others and that I was to put my trust in them and not turn them away. So that is what you have. My trust, my faith and my appreciation"

She then went silent waiting letting them process the information, let them decide if they believed or not, but most of all letting them make an informed decision weather they really wanted to follow her, she didn't mask for even a moment the danger it would bring them in, nor the disfavor, not with their own dieties of course but still, disfavor.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree looked at Myna in a new light. Respect and admiration filled her eys and she came over and warmly embraced her.

[color=indigo:791oavpa]"Myna, dear sister. You are blessed and gifted indeed to receive the voice of the goddess through prophecy and direct channeling. I have only seen her in my dreams so forgive me if I am a little envious of you.[/color:791oavpa]" T'risstre hugged Myna again then stepped back.

[color=indigo:791oavpa]"So now we come to the real issue. You are a target of the SpiderQueen and her minions. I would guess it is related to your link with the goddess. Lolth seeks to drive a iron wall between our people and Eilistraee because she can not abide the truth that she is perverted, dispicable and insane and has done more harm to countless millions across all the races than can be reckoned with. Why the Elf Father Correllon has not ended her maddness, even though our lady pleaded with him not to kill her, is a mystery to me. Still, I obey my lady and do not presume question her judgement on these matters. Perhaps she sees a future where her mothers maddness passes and all elven kind are reunited once more? Oh...listen to me babble....I am sorry...forgive me."[/color:791oavpa] T'risstree stammered in apology.

[color=indigo:791oavpa]"I get carried away sometimes dearest Myna,"[/color:791oavpa] she smiled apologetically at Myna before saying,"[color=indigo:791oavpa]I hear what you have said and will follow you where ever the path may take us. The lady speaks and you are our guide. Show us the path and we will walk it together without fear, for fear only gives strength to the SpiderQueen."[/color:791oavpa]
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I listened closely as Myna recounted her story.

So she is a conduit for divine messages. Most interesting indeed.

T'risstree is right I believe in her summation that the Lolthites would dearly love to silence this link to Eilistraee which makes guarding Myna from any harm all the more vital.

I waited till T'risstree finished speaking before chipping in,

"I think that both Lothir and I will be happy to follow your lead Myna. Still, we should probably get moving even if we are over twenty miles away from our last location. No doubt they will have people scrying for you. Does anyone here know of any magics which may obscure our presence to unwanted prying eyes?" I asked as I came to stand next to T'risstree.

I think that her access to shadow magic may be of some help.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He thinks for a moment, then starts to dig through his pack with a kind of sharp focus like someone who is seeking a great treasure. "I might have something here. My tutor in magic had a spell once that could cover any trail.... Where is that stupid book?"

He searches for a moment longer, then comes up with a small but well-worn spellbook. "Not my usual style, but it does have its uses from time to time...." He flips through the pages, and finally comes up with the right one. "Let's see if I remember how to do this- it's different from my song-magic, so it might not work for me, but- no gain ever came without trying, eh?"

"su'acos lu'tiuiniona, harventh udossta menvis, olvas lu'har'dro veldri udossta dol'ruth."

After a moment, a small whirlwind whips up, swirling leaves and debris over the ground, leaving dirt and grass to settle as if the party had never been through. The whirlwind pauses nearby, and he grins. "I don't think they'll find us now- my little dust-devil with follow along and obscure our trail. They would have to track us by scent now!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Just as Lothir finished his spell, a small ball of crackling lightning appeared right outside of the warded area. It grew, until it was about 8 feet tall. Out of that little ball Gurguch fell onto his face, Elwyn visible on his back. Gurguch slowly stood up, Elwyn shook his head to clear it, and looking around, saw none of the people he had hoped to see. However, he was certain that this tracer was nearby, but the effort of the long range teleports that he had been forced to make was too much, and Elwyn felt his conscience slipping, but he had the enough will power left to have Gurguch hunker over him, before Elwyn passed out.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

(You wont be able to enter the area even if you knew where it was and assuming you left the inn you would not be able to travel 20-30 miles in an instant. Please follow the flow of the RP and make logical courses of action. The area is currently hidden by a number of wards. If you have a logical course to get to the hidden location I'll then consider that, then you will have to find a way to get through wards that hide, prevent anything from approaching, secure against evil, chaotic and lawful beings from approaching the area.)
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"Well done Lothir! Excellent work my friend," I said as I patted him lightly on the shoulder in appreciation for his clever use of magics.

While I normally wouldn't seek to hide from my enemies, there were others to consider here and keeping Myna safe from prying eyes was paramount.

"Well then Myna, it appears we are all you have," I said gesturing to the others standing next to us.

"Shall we begin your journey?"

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She nodded chuckling softly as T'ristree embraced her and babbled on about how thrilled she was, how excited she was and so on and so fourth. She really was starting to grow attached to the other woman, she was so light hearted and forward.

"Your words ring true, it is the assumption that I have reached and to protect myself as well as anyone near me I have not revealed myself to anyone else till now" she looked as the spell went off and she nodded.

"If you are sure you wish to accept the danger to traveling with me, I embrace your help, all of you and thank you. We must continue to travel north, it has not yet been revealed to me what we will find at the sanctuary only that, that is where I must go. And how to find and access it as it is hidden.

------------------

[color=darkblue:3bngbor3] The drow looked at the tiefling, with a suspicious look, his eyes glowed a slight red for a moment then nodded to himself.

"If you indeed do wish to help you may travel with me. We must meet the Xa'los, l'qu'essan. At the shrine of Eilistraee in the north" he said softly.

-----------------

The darker of the drow took the paper with a disgusted look on his face, he would be forced to give it to the matron but didn't particularly approve of involving a filthy Quel'thassar.

As it was when the Matron got the message she sent him back out to get this surface elf. Send him on the trail after her and to send word if he found anything and send him a pouch of gold as incentive, promising more upon a favorable reply. If he managed to capture her alive his rewards would be...immesurable.

So this is what he did. Not a few hours later the surface elf got a knock on his door.[/color:3bngbor3]
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

OOC: I just want you to know his home is in a underground place seperated from the other parts of the underdark.

IC: Lizarus got up from kneeling at the altar, and went to the door to meet the drow. He smiled. "It is about time." he said, and grabbed a pack of things that he strapped over his shoulder, leaving the many things like his tome of necromancy, at the altar.
Image Click.