[Campaign] Divinity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

[Campaign] Divinity

Post by Myna »

[color=deeppink:1mgfyi0i] This campaign will be a unique mission line which is limited by the number of people I will allow to enter.

If you wish to enter PM me. It will not be short and there will be rewards to each character at the end of the story but it will not be a huge power up.

To join PM me with your Character Name that you are entering with, approximate level, class, aswell as specialty items you have with you durring this campaign.

I will post the intro to the Campaign shortly.Thank you.[/color:1mgfyi0i]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

Darkness, pain, torment, death.

She shot straight up in bed, a breeze running through the room from the opened window, she peered around the room before a hand went to her forehead. The dream was already fading to the back recesses of her conciousness as she swung her legs to the side and stepped out of the bed.

"Yah...Jabbress vel'bol xun dos ssinssrin dal uns'aa?"

Predicatably when she wanted an answer none came, she sighed and moved over to the window, beads of sweat dropped down the sides of her face. She ran a hand through her hair messing up the long damp strands.

It was still bright out she could see the glare through the dark shables of curtains over the window. A moderate wind was enough to knock them aside, one of the few times she had been thankful to be awoken by the cool wind of the comming winter.

She stuffed her cloak in her bag and left the room, after tossing the bag over her shoulders. She had doddled enough and she had defenses against the still risen sun. She moved down the rickety stairs into the lower areas of the Inn, it was a tavern down here and as evening fell the place was starting to fill up, music had started as a bard stood on a table playing a lute and singing...

[i:2zthgug3][b:2zthgug3][color=blue:2zthgug3]Later on two young and lovely girls just happened by,
And one says to the other with a twinkle in her eye
You see yon sleeping Scotsman who is young and handsome built
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt.

Ring ding diddle diddle i de o
Ring di diddle i o
I wonder if it's true what they don't wear beneath their kilt.[/i:2zthgug3][/b:2zthgug3][/color:2zthgug3]

She evaded a drunken man who was stumbling around trying to sing along and a waitress who was hurrying by to give another table another round of drinks. Pausing at the counter where the innkeeper was shouting orders for more mead and telling some man he wouldn't get another drop till he sobered up a little. She dropped a handful of coins on the counter to cover her expenses and got a distracted thank you from the Innkeeper before he went back to arguing with the drunken man. She moved to leave the inn, dissapearing out the door before any of the rouphians could draw attention to her.

Once outside she drew in a deep breath, it was her last chance to stop at an inn and she knew it. She touched two fingers to the pendant around her neck before moving off, she could stick to the path for now, yes it was still safe. As she walked the voices came back a humm in her head causing her mild pain, like the thruming of a headache in her temples.

[i:2zthgug3]Others will join you, you must not fear them, nor turn them away.[/i:2zthgug3]

She nodded and continued walking, without saying a word. She did not know why she would fear them, who possibly would be joining her that she had reason to fear?

She didn't question the words and as usual after a moment they left her in the silence of her own mind. She treasured these moments, when the painful humming did not try to consume her, when she was left just with herself and in the silence she continued her walk down the path enjoying the brisk fall air...

[color=darkred:2zthgug3]((Note: You can join up with her or elsewhere, you do NOT have to be on her side if you wish to oppose her, feel free to start your rp there. I will lead everyone in depending where and how they play. Enjoy have fun and PM me with any questions or concerns))[/color:2zthgug3]
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Not a mile from Myna, Gareth was out hunting game. It appears that he had been hunting all day for one Great White Stag. Its perfecly shaped antlers made a meniceing shadow the struck fear into the hearts of many small creatures, and large alike, Its perfect pelt thick and warm with a white and gray color to it. Gareth had no winter clothes at the moment so he was going to hunt down this stag, And make an outfit out of it.

He had been tracking all day, He had added leaves and herbs to make a camoflage that blended perfecly into the brush and the ground. He had been hideing in a tree waiting for the target to pass through.

His bow was at the ready, A traquilized arrow at the ready, incase he did not make the kill shot.

There the stag was, Standing in all its glory, But the hunter has outsmarted his pray, It was eating the berries in the bush infront of the tree Gareth was hiding in.

His arm pulling back, Ready for the release, Then one twich of his hand and the stag was stumbleing about, Then it fell onto its side. Gareth climbed out from his vantage point with his skining knife.

"You were quite the challange little one, But am still the victor" He said with a grin, As he skinned the stag, Shaping the design for the perfect fit and taking the head for a winter hat he was planning to make.

After skinning and cleaning the fur he decided to finish it at his home in the near by village, Beside the Half moon inn.

"Oh this is going to be trickey to put fininsh completely" He muttered under his breath folding the pelts up and putting the clean and hollow head into his pack.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: This is a class I stumbled upon, looks kind of fun, http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Puppeteer_%283.5e_Class%29 lvl 12, monk 2.

IC: Two men were walking through the forest, towards Myna's inn, when the shorter one heard Gareth's words. Something rustled under his robe, but then all was calm. His traveling companion only stood there, completely motionless. He was a flesh golem, standing at 8 feet tall, broad shoulders, he walked stiffly, and what could be seen of his body didn't seem to match. One of his hands was dark skinned, the other might have belonged to an ogre. It knelt to the ground, and the human climbed on its back. With a stiff gait it walked in the direction the human indicated. They thudded out of the woods just in time to see Gareth packing up his feshly killed beast, "Hail," called out the human, "Could you please point us in the direction of the..." He pulled out a piece of paper from under his robe, and squinted at it, "The Half Moon Inn, I believe it is called. My companion and I are not from around these parts," He said, pointing at his mount, "The name is Elwyn, Elwyn Arelias."
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth was surprised by the sudden unecspected sight of others, But mostly by the golem, He quickly regained his calm and said to Elwyn "Oh sure, I was just on my way back to my house, its right beside the inn, Follow me, il lead you there stranger. "Just be careful, This part of the forest is practically over run by woodland creatures and violent animals"

Gareth said walking over to a little path he cut out with his sword.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, and waved for his golem to follow. Surprisingly, even for his stiffness, the golem managed to keep pace with the tiefling. Elwyn could not keep surprise from his face, a real live tiefling, he thought, "Excuse me, sir, I do not mean to be rude, but are you really... a tiefling? It is just that I have heard many stories of your people... few of which were good. Oh, this is my familiar, Gurguch." Gurguch groaned in reply.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Hmm, You know, if i were in your position i would keep my golem from racially and verbaly bashing me, Considering i am leading you through the dangerous forests, Just think about it, Without me leading you, You might have stumbled apon a nest of 8 owl bears. Yes i am a teifling what of it?"

Gareth said in a slightly annoyed and angered tone of voice.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Flesh golems cant talk... they dont have a brian, I dont think...

IC: "My apologies, I meant no offense, I am just curious, as I have said before, you are the first teifling I have met, and I have not traveled far from my lands in the past. And I thank you greatly for your assistance. I can pay you, and handsomely, upon our arrival at the inn, or now, i suppose."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: sorry i misread something.

IC: "Nah, I dont want your money" Gareth said before swating a large overgrowth of tall grass with his sword, Cutting it down perfectly to reveal the left side of the inn.

"Just make your way around from this side and you will be at the front door in no time" Gareth said, pulling out about 3 coins. "Buy yourself a drink, And be happy, These bar folk are friendly, And the ladies even friendlier if you know what i mean." Chuckled Gareth, Turning the opposite way to go for a stroll into the other parts of the village.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn climbed off his mount, "Thank you sir, if you reconsider, a round on me, upon your arrival." He walked up to the door of the inn, and was surprised to notice that a person was on the roof, he shrugged, and walked into the inn. He almost ran out again when he saw that there was a drow sitting at the bar, wearing all white, and he carefully made his way past, cursing his heavy gourd for being so unweildly, and just as he made his past, it accidentally nudged her. He knew it, and his face paled, "I-I-Im sorry mistress, it was an accident," He just managed to stammer out terror evident in his eyes, "Please don't kill me." He said, wishing he had brought Gurguch in with him.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth heard Elwyns whimpers of fear, and walked back into the tavern, Walking up to Elwyn and grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him over to the bar table and sat down with him.

"You know, you dont have to be so afraid of drow up here, There not going to drag you off and torture you or kill you. These are normal people like you and me... well most of them. Dont worry, Your safe in the tavern"

He said, ordering a honey mead and relaxing in his chair.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, "As I have said, the stories..." He pulled out a copper coin, and asked for some water, "I prefer to avoid fights... you could say that I am a scholar, not a fighter. That is Gurguch's department, I only help with the occasional jolt here and there." To prove his point, Elwyn let a spark of electricity jump from one finger to another. "Personally, I would rather have puppets do my fighting for me."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I Would just feel weird letting others do my fighting, The energy, The Excitement, The Fun is just pontless to give up. If your a real fighter, And no i do not go looking for fights, but i do enjoy them while they last."

Gareth said after taking a sip of his mead.
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

OOC: Hello. My level is 5 in rogue, and 5 in assassin. I also have a scroll of Medusa. Can I join?

IC: A man, looking very tired, walked through the door. He sat down, and laid back in his chair. "I'm spent..." he thought. He started to talk, "Hey, can I get some wine over here?" he said, flipping a few silver coins around in his hand. He put them on the table, and waited for his wine. He got a extra coin, and put it with the others on the table. "The whole bottle, too." he said.
Image Click.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

[color=darkblue:2o03ztl5]As Gareth and Elwyn entered the inn, the woman Elwyn bumped into gave him a kind smile and telling him it was alright gathered herself and helped him to find a placeto sit where he was joined by Gareth.

Lazarus entered not a few moments later and sitting down at the other end of said table ordered a bottle of wine and started to drink his drink of choice.

All seemed calm for the time being, the usual splendor of any establishment run and kept by the followers of Eilistraee, it was full of music and merriment.

That was except for two people, male both drow just behind the three they could hear the argument in low deadly tones between the two men.[/color:2o03ztl5]

[color=Brown:2o03ztl5]"You will tell me where she has gone!"[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=green:2o03ztl5]"I don't know and even if I did I would not lead you to her!"[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=Brown:2o03ztl5]"Oh you will, unless you want to suffer the same fate as her beloved bodyguard. I doubt your of as strong will toward her as he is. I should think the gifts of the spider queen's matrons will break every corner of his mind soon enough"[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=green:2o03ztl5]"I..I don't care" the other said this time a bit of fear creeping into his voice.[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=Brown:2o03ztl5]"Oh you will, but I think first I will send a raid on this establishment to prove my point to you!"[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=green:2o03ztl5]"I told you I don't know where she is!"[/color:2o03ztl5]
[color=Brown:2o03ztl5]"Ah but you know how to find her"[/color:2o03ztl5]

----------------------------

Meanwhile in the forest she moved along the deserted path through the forest, in the opposite way of the inn that the three had gathered at.

[i:2o03ztl5][color=indigo:2o03ztl5]"My child, quicken your step, the wolves are at your heels"[/color:2o03ztl5][/i:2o03ztl5]

"F'sarn ticondo d'z'haanin, Usstan ssinssrin ulu fre'sla phor ulu mina."

[i:2o03ztl5][color=indigo:2o03ztl5]Now is not the time, not yet.[/i:2o03ztl5][/color:2o03ztl5]

"Siyo Jabbress"

[i:2o03ztl5][color=indigo:2o03ztl5]When the road splits head north.[/i:2o03ztl5][/color:2o03ztl5]

The painful humming in her head intensified as her vision wavered and the vision crossed through her mind, it showed her the road she was on and the split in the road how it looked and the right path she would take.

The path would cut in two, one leading north and the other west, then it was gone, her vision cleared and the pain faded away. It was quick this time at least, only lasting seconds and then the humm of the voice left her mind as did the vision. Leaving only traces of a thunder of pain in her temples which too faded away within minutes.