[Campaign] Divinity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

Lizarus sat back in his chair, and tried to think up something to do. He then remembered some people talking in the inn after he came in, and he heard them still talking. He walked over there, "Alright, it is up. Who is she?" he said at the table the two people were talking out, quietly so no one would hear.
Image Click.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth saw Lizarus go back towards the shady men in the dark corner of the bar, He remembered them talking about assulting the inn, and looking for a familier sounding female drow. So he drew his sword and leant it against his chair, Ready to quickly pick it up if the weakling rogue needed help, Gareth knew this rogue couldnt be trusted, He is an evil man, At least Gareth thought he was. Evil or not those men were just slightly more obvious. So to defend the greater good he had to help a back-stabbing rogue. He sighed at the thought and decided it was the only reasonable thing to do at the moment.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I saw Myna's incomprehension at T'risstree's statement that we would voulnteer selflessly to defend her against Lloth and her minions. It was perfectly true and I had no hesitation in sspeaking up to reassure the skittish woman that our words would be back up by greater deeds.

"Dear lady Myna, T'risstree and I offer our sevices freely as it is our sworn duty. You, as a follower of Eilistraee would know that T'risstree has every obligation to defend you as a sister of the faith. I serve Torm and my remit and duty to you goes further. I swore a scred oath on the day I became a paladin. All Paladins of the True God are to defend the weak, to seek out and defeat evil where ever they find it, to uphold the Penance of Duty by aiding other religions such as your own, to be a helping hand to those in need and to be remorseless and unyeilding in punishing those who seek to harm or threaten innocents."

I drew my sword and knelt down on one knee in front of her, holding the hilt out in both hands, the blue glowing blade of Frostbrand Spiderbane pointing to the ground.

"I swear my life in your defense Lady Myna, that no harm will come to you while I draw breath. My life is mine to give and I do so freely and with joy. I swear this oath in the name of the True God."

I rose and sheathed my sword, smiling faintly.

"Now dear lady, pray tell us how we may help you follow the path the Dark Maiden has sets before you?"
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

[color=brown:hfu0zznw] The drow dressed in dark fabrics and had made the threat turned to face the elf that dared listen in on their conversation, with a gesture and a clasping of his hand the half elf's airways started to constrict and close.

"How dare you nose in you worthless Darthirii!"[/color:hfu0zznw]
[color=green:hfu0zznw]"Let him go! Less you want more attention than you have already garnered"[/color:hfu0zznw]
[color=brown:hfu0zznw] He spat something in drow then released the half elf to gasping for air on his knees. Then turned back to the other drow. "You have five seconds to give me a location before I reduce this place to rubble, just as I did your home"[/color:hfu0zznw]
[color=green:hfu0zznw]"South! She went south" he blurted out.[/color:hfu0zznw]
[color=brown:hfu0zznw] "Ahh good. Then I will send three patrols north and two south. We'll find her, then what her guardian endured will be nothing compared to what we do to her. And you, you will watch." He sneared before turning to leave the inn.[/color:hfu0zznw]

-------------------------

She looked at Talwyn with a surprised, bewildered and confused expression. She opened her mouth to say something then she remembered the words as they echoed in her mind.

[color=indigo:hfu0zznw][i:hfu0zznw]Others will join you, you must not fear them, nor turn them away. [/i:hfu0zznw][/color:hfu0zznw]

She nodded and bowed her head once to them, both of them.

"Thank you, both." she said in a rush before speaking again. "A hunting party persues me as we speak, I imagine they are not far behind. I know not how big it is only that they are closing in."

She told them revealing the reason she was in such a rush, why she was so apprehensive and why she could not stand around much longer. But she had let it go on for too long and she wasn't aware of just how close behind they where. Too late a voice called out as the shadow of the Drow woman appeared on the pathway, not moments after her voice cut through the silence of the forest.

[color=darkred:hfu0zznw] "Not far at all. Thank you both for detaining her for us. Now hand her over and both of you will be spared." her gaze settled on T'ristree "I'll even arrange for your slate to be clean T'ristree. I could easily report your death and you would truely be free forever. How would you like that my dear?" her voice was crackled like an older drow, she was indeed by all apperances in her mid thirties so she obviously had many hundred years under her belt. From around her three drow had appeared on each side of her fanning out on each side of the speaker in a line on the side Talwyn and T'ristree where standing on.[/color:hfu0zznw]
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

[color=indigo:1giogh8h]"I am free now dos waele xa'huuli zhuanth j'nesst, where as you are the slave,"[/color:1giogh8h] spat T'risstree, her eyes glowing with controled anger. Her bastard sword hissed from its sheath as she withdrew it, the blade sparkling and humming slightly.

She concentrated, forming shadows around herself as she stepped between the elder drow woman and Myna. T'risstree took up a defensive stance, not wanting to make the inital attack but rather waiting for an attack of opportunity for anyone foolish enough to come into the reach of her deadly blade.

She'd leave the offensive to Talwyn as he was a walking juggernaught in his armour.

"[i:1giogh8h][color=indigo:1giogh8h]Quar'valsharess mrigg ussta velve lu'xal dosst orn tlu xunor[/color:1giogh8h][/i:1giogh8h]" she sang as the shadows obscured her completely, blocking the view between her the the drow woman.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I watched the three drow on my right as I unlimbered my shield and withdrew my longsword once more.

I began my battle prayer, a hymn to Torm. My voice rang out a rich deep tenor as I sang,

[color=orange:a1vpw7jh]"[i:a1vpw7jh]Sons of Torm stop your dreaming,
can't you see their spear points gleaming?
See their warrior pennants streaming
to this battle field. [/i:a1vpw7jh]"[/color:a1vpw7jh]

A huge flash of golden light went errupted around me, the battle prayer coming into effect. I continued to sing, my voice was now joined from beyond, by all my brothers who had died in Torms service, their voices in glorious harmony lifting my spirits higher and demoralising my enemies who looked about in confusion as I sprang forward, Frostbrand Spiderbane glittering with its icy cold chill.

[b:a1vpw7jh][color=orange:a1vpw7jh][i:a1vpw7jh]"Men of Tantras stand ye steady,
it cannot be ever said ye
for the battle were not ready.
Tormtar never yield!

From the hills rebounding,
let this war cry resounding,
summon all
that Golden Lion’s call,
the mighty force surrounding."[/i:a1vpw7jh][/color:a1vpw7jh][/b:a1vpw7jh]

The three drow stepped forward, their weapons at the ready. The one on my right lunged at me, its blade striking but was turned away by the plate armour. My surge let me get closer to the other two and I used my momentum to smash my shield into the face of the one on my left, punching it backwards senseless to the ground for a moment while blocking the swing of the one directly in front of my. I spun my blade and riposted a swift deep slash to it's belly, laying open a ghastly mortal wound which bled profusely.

[b:a1vpw7jh][i:a1vpw7jh][color=orange:a1vpw7jh]"Men of Tantras onto glory
this shall ever be your story.
Keep these burning words before ye,
Tormtar will NOT yield!"[/color:a1vpw7jh][/i:a1vpw7jh][/b:a1vpw7jh]

I sang in full voice as I whirled about, my sword a blue blur which hacked into the remaining drow savagely, cutting it down with brutal efficientcy.

OOC: here is the tune which the battle prayer is sung to.
If 5000 Zulus couldn't wipe out about a 100 odd welsh soldiers who sang this song before they received the charge, then what chance does a few drow have against a paladin? ;) :devil: Enjoy

[youtube:a1vpw7jh]BjpJlgQByFg[/youtube:a1vpw7jh]
Last edited by Talwyn Aureliano on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

OOC: :eek: [b:2zhpw2ar]Wow![/b:2zhpw2ar] That's a powerful song! :angel:

IC:

T'risstree looked over briefly in surprise as Talwyn began to sing. What in the name of the nine hells was he doing?

Suddenly she felt herself moved by the words of the song, effecting her like a prayer. Blazing golden light errupted around them causing the hostile drow to shy away a bit in discomfort as the prayers effects started to work. Then, inexplicably, more voices joined him in the song, as though a choir of men were standing with him as he launched into action.

She found herself humming the tune that he sang as it was really uplifting. She stood straighter, squaring her shoulders and raising her head higher, feeling proud, strong and confident like she had felt or a long time as she waited, a deadly smile on her shadowed face, for the other drow to react.

Anything that would come near her or Myna would be attacked without mercy.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

"Hm, this strong and just searching for a woman..." he mumbled, after getting over what the drow did. He grinned, "That seems very interesting..." So he decided, he would watch where the drow went over a peak, and watch what they would do with a encounter with "her".
Image Click.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He was strolling along the road, in no particular hurry to go anywhere, and in fact not really caring where it took him. Up ahead, he suddenly heard the sounds of people argueing- drowish accents, from the sound of it- and then a particularly disctinct male voice raised in song. He cocked his head to listen, then suddenly grinned. A hymn to Torm? It could mean only one thing. Someone was about to rouse an especially cheeky paladin's ire!

He rounded the bend, and saw them up ahead. Correction, he thought- someone already HAD earned Talwyn's ire. And he saw two other familiar faces. Myna and T'risstree. He drew his daggers from the sheaths in his boots, and whispered the command to change them to their true form. Honor and Valor- his two trusted sabers.

"Now, Sir Talwyn, I hope you're not planning to hog all the glory yet again?!" he said as he approached, with a wicked gleam in his eyes. He didn't know the full situation, but he could bet that whatever the reason his paladin friend had for standing against the otehrs, it was a good one. And he would be only too happy to help.

He tossed aside his pack and lute, and began in on his own tune, an ancient drowish battle-hymn that lent strength and courage to himself and his friends. It had also another subtle effect as well. As he sang, something within him seemed to shift, a wild, almost crazed light in his eyes as the strident, harsh tune enveloped him in its power.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:eyx7kbom]Searing heat flashes over the heads of T'risstree Talwyn and Myna, the ball of flame smashing into the ground between both parties before expanding outward, rising up to form a wall that stretched twenty feet in length, ten feet in height "Seems to me everyone is in such a hurry to try and kill one another, come on folks. Can't we all just get along?"

He lands before myna, the two wings on his back merging back into an ordinary looking cloak, Staff clutched lightly in one hand, for all appearances he could merely had been out for a stroll "Hello again there Myna, I see you were correct and really can not avoid trouble when you are on your own can you?"

His gaze then tracks to T'risstree and Talwyn "Looks like your not as alone as you thought though hmm? I might not even have had to interfere at all, but ah well. You know what they say? A bored wizard is a dangerous thing" He turns his head slightly, one eye on the wall of flame, the other on her "Besides, your to intresting to die just yet yes?" [/color:eyx7kbom]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

OOC: I need something things cleared up:
a - did the wiziard land behind his wall of fire, if so, he wouldn't be able to see anything except a wall of fire.
b- all the wizard would see is shadows unless his spot is ridiculously high. T'risstree hide is very high and she is using the feat hide in plain sight.
c - if the wizard lands in front of Myna, on the other side of his wall of fire then he is subject to an AoO [sneak attack] from T'risstree before he even speaks as she is ready to strike anyone, coming near them. While it won't kill him, he will be hurt from it.

Just saying thats all...

;)

edit:

as I stated before, T'risstree was in a defensive stance, waiting to strike at [b:n8nbbjti]ANYONE[/b:n8nbbjti] 'cept Tal <maybe?:p> who came near her or Myna. Sorry Merik but you just landed flatfooted into an <sneak> attack of opportunity. :devil:

IC:

As the winged wizard settled into land and began to talk, T'risstree sprang forward in a twirling dance from the shadows with an opportune moment to launch a sneak attack on him while he was caught flat footed.

"[color=indigo:n8nbbjti]A bored wizard makes mistakes. This will be your last one[/color:n8nbbjti]," she said as she delivered a series of slashing cuts and over head blows to him. While none of the hits were lethal, she did hurt the wizard, wounding him painfully.
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
clicky2cme
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

[color=darkblue:250xejuh] Combat was just about to commence, the drow unparpared to be attacked by a paladin of all beings immediately drew their swords, bows and knives as various fighters prepared for a fight.

Just before the paladin and strange newcommer made it to them, the song of Torm weakening their resolve, only to have the energies of that god be combated by the dark energies of the priestess of Lloth. It turned into a moot point as a bright flash of fire roared to life before crashing into the ground between the two parties. Earth and heat spraying both parties.

The drow hissed in displeasure and pain as the brightness of the flame seared their eyes. The other side of things however left a unfamiliar drow wizard joining the growing group.[/color:250xejuh]

"Kal..." Myna muttered, the magic energies where already starting to weave around her friends, strenghtening them, making them stronger, faster, better. However it fell away as it seemed it would not be necissary.

The voice screamed in her head to move to leave, to get out of there, to get everyone out of there. The pendant around her neck glowed, shimmered with light and the voices could almost be heard to all the soft flowing of whispers.

To her though it was clear as day, not as loud as usual but much clearer than usual, much more pure. It sent her mind reeling.

[i:250xejuh][color=indigo:250xejuh] Take the power, lead them to safety, this is but one of three. Move my child.[/i:250xejuh][/color:250xejuh]

She nodded once and forming the right paths she grasped the necklace with one hand and extended her other hand out behind her, away from the wall of fire.

"Kal, keep that up. Mi'lord! Sister, come. There will be too many for us to fight. Now is not our ground to take"

Infront of her hand a large glowing gateway, along the fringes of the gateway the frame held the figure that looked like Eilistraee their swords meeting at the top where the portal ended. She held it open waiting for the others to respond. To her words, assuming none of them had heard the voice which had turned out as a whisper all around her this time. The other individual who she did not know she was not offensive towards, she had seen him and given his attitude had assumed he was not a threat to them.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Lizarus watched the fiht commence from a peak, and so he started to sneak into the battlefield. He took out a thin, but hard, bone knife. He started up behind the enemys to Myna, and tried to shoot through one's leg at a enemy they were fighting, also in the leg.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I'd downed three drow and was about to turn on the others when a wall of fire came between me and Myna and T'risstree.

I saw a winged figure flying down from the sky and assumed the worst.

A Demon!

I plunged through the wall of fire, Frostbrands icy cold aura and my plate armour, with it's defense against fire, protected me from any real lasting damage from the heat.

I stepped through, feeling a couple hand crossbow bolts ping away as they ricocheted off my back.

I saw T'risstree appear momentarily from the shadows and strike out at the winged figure, landing a dam good hit in the process at the demomic winged thing that landed next to her and Myna.

I heard her say,

[i:rpabrkzd]"A bored wizard makes mistakes. This will be your last one."[/i:rpabrkzd]

But suddenly it seemed that Myna knew this...creature or whatever it was.

It was confusing to say the least.

merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:1x3dyegq]Grunting softly he shakes his head as he nods to the portal "If this is the welcome given to allies i would hate to see how you welcome an enemy!" His hold on the wall falters for a moment as the portal opens, but despite his wounds he lets no other comments out nor does he cry out in pain. Instead his eyes narrow as his resolve firms, the wall blazing even hotter, the red and orange flames acquiring huees og blue and white

"I would suggest we continue this conversation elsewhere unless it is your goal to actually let the pursuers catch up, I didn't come out of hiding for us to stand here and deal with these few, i came to buy time for us to escape the groups closing in while they distract you"

His attention returns to the wall of flames, his free hand moving to his componet pouch, feeling around for the materials for his next spell. He'd hold the wall for them sure, but he had a backup for when he was ready to follow through after them[/color:1x3dyegq]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.