[Campaign] Divinity

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She yelped and moved but she wasn't fast enough to keep up with her defender.

"T'ristree..no!" she yelped but the other had already sliced and diced him. She cringed and drew back focusing on keeping the gateway open.

"He..He's a friend...nevermind I'll mend him later. Get through the gate!" she grumbled the first part more than anything else before insisting again for them to pass through the gate she was still maintaining. It had its limits and she was not practiced with this, in fact this was a first for her, while she knew the spells by theory practical ability was another thing. She followed the words of her diety though as always.
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

re-edit of the re-edit :p

T'risstree ceased her attack on the wizard when she heard Myna call out his name and saw he was not attacking her back.

[color=indigo:1n0honim]"You have a foolish way of introducing yourself wizard. Dropping out of the sky unannounced looking like a demon and landing into the middle of a battle is a sure way to get yourself attacked,"[/color:1n0honim] she replied tersely, her eyes flashing with annoyance. She looked at the mage who was bleeding but bore his wounds silently. At at least he has some courage she thought grudgingly.

She turned and said to Myna,

[color=indigo:1n0honim]"You come with me sister as it seems we are to leave this place now,[/color:1n0honim]" she said taking Myna's hand and began to run for the gate dragging Myna, who was reluctant to go, with her.

They stepped through the portal and ended up...elsewhere.

;)
Last edited by T'risstree Helviiryn on Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I heard Myna scream to T'risstree to stop her assault on the winged figure, who know looked like a mage of some description.

T'risstree pulled back from delivering any further strikes, which was well as the wizard looked a bit worse for wear.

She then grabbed Myna and they made their way through a gate which had appeared.

"We're fleeing? But the fight's only just begun? We can take them!" I yelled over the roar of the wall of fire.

I shook my head muttering.

"Alright wizard, you go NOW! I'll cover your retreat!" I said as I turned and faced to where the enemy might try to break through. It was rather difficult seeing that all they had to do was run around the side of the wall and'd be on us in moments but that do not perturb me.

[b:2etjk2x6]"Come on you bastards! Lets see if your hard enough!"[/b:2etjk2x6] I bellowed tauntingly as I stood my ground and watching to see where they'd come from while waiting for everyone else to go through the gate.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

((Ahh what the hell okay I'll work with it lol))

She yelped something to T'ristree in drow but it was lost as she was tugged through the gate. Curses.

She now had to pull something she was too unfamiliar with to be sure she could do. She gritted her teeth as they both appeared on the other side, somewhere in a forest, for all T'ristree knew it was a different forest but the clearing they where in was quiet and the grass was soft and cool.

Myna had her full focus on the now wavering Gate, both her hands extended to try to keep it up long enough, long enough for them to get through with gritted teeth.

She appreciated her sister's protectiveness, she appreciated the easy and simple protection the other held for her without having even part of the facts. But she was not talented enough with this spell to keep it up after she had passed through.

"Ussta jallil, pholor l'moonlit menvis, balbau uns'aa l'z'ress, balbau uns'aa l'yorn. Wun dosst kaas. Eilistraee"

The words came simple and easy and the pendant around her neck started to glow again as the gate stabilized under the strain of the magics that flowed through her, she had been granted assistance but it was not being done for her. She was still struggling to keep it up for her friends.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2083nkzg]Slowly he shakes his head "Fool if i leave the firewall goes down, if Myna is through to long the portal closes. I have a way to escape on my own if i need to" His gaze flickers over to the portal before returning to Tal "Do you? Or will you proudly stand here as the three groups converge, touting on how you are so great as they rip you limb for limb?"

His eyes narrow "Or worse, capture you to use as bait to lure Myna in. Imagine her guilt, when one who came into this situation to defend her dies or is captured because of her situation. You go, i have this under control...besides i am a wizard, no wizard worth his salt accepts protection from a blade wielder while he has spells remaining"[/color:2083nkzg]
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I glanced behind me and saw that Myna and T'risstree had gone through the gate.

The wizard was blathering about holding up his wall of fire and having his own ways to escape.

I rolled my eyes, quickly swapped my longsword into my left hand and stepped forward to the wizard.

"Sorry about this old chap, don't have time to discuss it," I said as I sucker punched him, hitting him in the solar plexus and winding him. It was the quickest & easiest way to resolve the situation. I'd apologise later.

As he doubled over gasping and I grabbed him, ran for the gate, diving through as his wall of fire began to collapse and the hostile drow poured through after us.

I'd have liked to have stayed, it'd have been a glorious battle and I would have carved my way to glory but Myna needed my help and my death there would not aid her significantly.

"Shut it NOW!"
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:24vnab1l]He grunts as the blow lands, reappearing on the other side of the portal with the paladin. All said and done he straightens up "What is it with you people and your need to attack an ally? First i get slashed up, then i get punched and all because i decided to come down and help you instead of watching from above like i could have simply continued to do!"

His hands glow with repressed magic, eyes closing as he clearly fights to control his rage, to keep from launching an assault, hell to just keep sane might even be a good word "Neither of you know me, so i am going to let it go this time, I perhaps brought the slicing on my own, the punch however uncalled for was at least motivated by good thoughts..Know this however"

His eyes flash, the red seeming to intensify "If ever you raise your hands to me again when i come in peace then i promise to you i will join the opposition and see your flesh rended from bone while you remain alive to experience every agonising moment!"

He turns his attention to Myna shaking his head "Would you mind taking care of these wounds for me? Though i may not scream like a child with a splinter they do limit my effectiveness"[/color:24vnab1l]
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She had no idea what was going on, on the other side of the portal, and mercifully her phychie was not being assaulted with visions at the moment. There would have been no chance for her to keep it up if that had happened.

As it was the second she saw Talwyn she dropped to one knee, her hands dropping the portal snapped shut barely before he even had a chance to get all the way through. Her limits reached, the soft glow around her and especially the glow of her necklace pendant faded from existance.

Now it was just her there gathering herself. "Thank you" she whispered it was difficult to assertain who she was thanking, T'ristree? Talwyn, Kal? Or maybe she was thanking Eilistraee. She didn't define this anymore as she jumped up

"Oh!" she said and rushed over to Kal, with a glowing touch over his torso his wounds started to knit together, a soft green glow cascading down his body afterwards and that which the initial healing had not mended was now quickly healing its self.

She turned to T'ristree then who she was sure was still right at her side.

"Thank you...all of you..I never expected..." she trailed off, she was a little frazzled but she had relaxed a fair bit, apparently they where out of dangers sight for the time being.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

"Wizard, would you prefer to go back and have a debate over this? I'm game if you are? I'm sure the hostile drow would like to add their opinions on the subject as well. It'd be a splendid idea to stand about and argue the merrits of who is going to quit the field don't you think?" I asked in a off hand voice.

"I do regret having to hit you like that however you seemed resolute in staying to maintain you wall of fire, which I may add they were about to go around at any moment. So rather than waste time arguing the point, I acted and now here we are, safe and out of immediate danger. You have my sincere apology for striking you in order to save your life. It is something that I deeply regret."

I finished speaking and let Myna heal his injuries.

His threats meant nothing to me.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

T'risstree raised her fine eyebrows as the wizard named Kal spoke then looked back at Talwyn as he replied.

Men she thought rolling her eyes.

[color=indigo:1obk8e5z]"Are you two males finished having your pissing contest yet, hmm? Decided on who has the biggest sausage here? I do hope so as this not about either of you, it's about her!"[/color:1obk8e5z] she snarled pointing to Myna.

[color=indigo:1obk8e5z]
"Wizard, I said before dropping into a battle is folly. I am sorry for slashing at you but I did not know if you were friend or foe. My only concern was protecting Myna and that is all I care about for now. Talwyn, punching a wizard who is helping in his odd ways isn't all that nice although I understand why you did it, I hope you don't end up regreting saving his life. So I would appreciate it if you both shut up and stop behaving like boys and started to act like men!"[/color:1obk8e5z]

She glared at both of the males, her arms folded and eyes blazing.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I blinked as T'risstree delivered her sharp rebuke to us.

She had a fair point.

"I hear you T'risstree. You won't need to discipline us any further," I said ernestly.

I turned and looked at the wizard who had decided to intervene in the battle. I did not know him at all although Myna seemed to. However the tone of his threats and vindictiveness gave me pause for concern.

Best to find out who I will be dealing with now that I wasn't being attacked or had people to defend.

I concentrated.

[b:sjsol0dk][detect evil][/b:sjsol0dk]

OOC: no one will sense this, it is NOT a spell

Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

While T'ristree was giving the boys an earful she had moved away several feet and was looking up at the sky, and studying her surroundings. She bent low brushing her hands through the soft short grass. Her brow furrowed for a moment before nodding, she wasn't paying attention to any of them. She moved to the outskirts of the small clearing, it was almost a complete circle and was about five yards in each direction. She traveled to four points of the circle a soft glow and an incantation being hummed under her breath at each spot.

Those sensitive to cleric magic would feel it as the wards where set up. She traveled to the center of the field and again said something as her hands touched the grass there was a glow, yellow and white as it flashed across the area. The wards securely set into place. It would keep them safe, undetectable and hidden for a good twenty hours at most, they would not or at least she would not stay here that long.

But she was more worried about the safety of this location out of the way as it was, she would need time as they all could use to collect themselves. She had ensured they had that precious time, she could afford to relax now, and she did sitting right there in the middle of the field.
merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

OOC Current Alighnment in Neutral Evil

[color=green:2eq7kmcs]He sighs shaking his head "Fine, maybe i over reacted a bit, you have my appoligies however i did what i thought best at the time. As i pointed out i could have just as easily continued to watch from the air and did nothing, In fact i probably SHOULD have done nothing. I guess however when it came down to it and i had a choice between siding with my breathern or a drow i actually like, well it wasn't that hard a choice"

He reaches up running a hand through his stark white hair, straightening out a few locks of hair idly "Safe is a relative term with Myna it would seam, However it looks like there is a good mix of skill here for the most part" Reaching into his component bag he removes a few different items, frowning slightly "My name by the way is Kalaerede Sultaasar by the way. Though i am a wizard" he gaze goes to T'ris "And a male, i much prefer actually being refered to by name"[/color:2eq7kmcs]
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

My eyes narrowed and a bad taste came into my mouth.

It seems I will regret saving that wizard after all I thought. Another paving stone on the road to hell I suppose, best intentions being what they are. Still, the bright side is that I will no longer have a guilty conscience for striking him.

Well, there's no point in beating about the bush I thought with a resigned sigh to myself. Best get this over and done with and out in the open.

I strode over to where Myna was setting her wards and spoke to her, my voice clear, calm and loud enough to be heard by all. I kept my eyes on the mage, watching and waiting for any hint of sudden betrayel as I spoke.

"Myna, it is my duty to inform that your...associate..." I said with a hint of distaste, "has evil in his heart. My code forbids me to associate, condone or work with such...creatures. As a paladin of the True god, and as someone who will put your needs above his own, I strongly urge that you and T'risstree ask this individual to leave without further involvement. No matter what involvement, history or dealings you have had previously with him, the cold hard fact is that he is evil and like a scorpion, is incapable of changing his nature. At some point, he will betray you Myna and that is a certainty. It might be for power, wealth or to save his own miserable existence but he will still end up thawting your goal."

I paused for a moment to let that information sink in and for Myna to decide what she wants to do.

merik
Maid
Maid

Post by merik »

[color=green:2z9fscbj]"You self righteous sanctimonious son of a marsh lichen" His red eyes flash again as he steps forward the spell he was preparing forgotten. "I come in, help you, keep the party from comming around, GIVE YOUT HE TIME TO GET AWAY, and you dare..you DARE think you know me because of what? some feeling you have?"

He continues to approach Tal, lips drawn back into a snarl " You can't work with me? You serve the one true god? Is it just me, or did you just hear the same thing i just heard. Every little comment, was I, I , I. YOU Can't do this, YOU feel that, YOU won't do this and that, this is not about YOU, you foolish good for nothing sword swinging buffoon!"

He stops in front of Tal looking up into his eyes, no more then a foot separating them "So save me your speeches, your recriminations. You have no idea where I have been, How i was raised, what i went through or what i stand for!"

He turns around so quick that his cloak practically adopts a life of it's own, writhing on the air currents his gaze going first to T'ris then back to Myna "Think what you will, but never question my motives again warrior, Especially when you are the true evil" His gaze goes to the sky "For i wonder, which is more evil. someone with prior taint trying to do better, or someone who considers himself so above everyone else that only his way matters? You call it a holy quest? I call it Tyranny. Every tyrant we have ever had"

His gaze moves back to Tal "Everyone of them, has had an attitude like yours. How far is it from i know better, to you should know better, to i will force my will on you?"[/color:2z9fscbj]
Last edited by merik on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.