Gareth's Camp

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth's Camp

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth Set out from the Sunstone Mask Inn after his drunken episode and hiked through a small path way in the wild forest, near the inn and walked at least a mile away and set his makeshift deer hide and pelt tent down and secured it to the ground with the rather large nails.

He then had to work on a Campfire and some food, He saw a small pond not far from the campsite and decided that fish would be a good idea at the moment.

Seeing a rather large stick that had recently fell from a tree, It looked durable enough for enough stabs and thrusts so he picked it up and used the tip of his blade to carve a couple forked points, So he could stab a fish and bring it up to land.

1, 2, 3 and victory! Gareth stabbed the fish with his sword and cooked it over the fire. Soon after taking a wooden plate and fork out of his pack and putting them to good use.

*The smell of cooked fish Was heavy in and all around the campsite*

After a while Gareth was just sitting around the campfire reading a book he bought before he left his home and apreciating the nature around him.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The fire suddenly flared to intense heights, and burned a dark, blood red. Out of the flames stepped a drow. The same one from the inn, "I had promised you a meeting with Asmodeus." He chuckled, "You might like to see your father, after all these years." He sat down, and again pulled out a crystal wine glass, that filled on its own, with a deep dark red liquid. "I do not think you would have me to be made a liar, would you?" His red eyes flashed an even darker shade, as if there were fires dancing behind them.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Unphazed by the sudden apearence but bothered by the drow's comment he stood up and said "I do not wish to fight, but if you insist, then so shall it be" as he drew his father's fine steel longsword.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at the gleaming peice of metal, "What would you have me attack you with? This glass, or the wine in it? I would waste neither, but just as a friendly spar... perhaps." The wineglass vanished, and he jumped backwards, right over the fire, and drew a pair of gleaming mithral longswords, "Now remeber teifling, we are not fighting to kill." He said.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I just hope you can keep your own promise..." And with that they were off, with Gareth immediately running up towards the drow with the fine treasure of a longsword, slashing twice for his chest and jumping back into a blocking position.

"This is one spar we wont soon forget."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Both hits connected solidly... and went right through, Zazzt just smiled, as he faded slowly away. His voice rang out behind the teifling, "Did you really expect it to be that easy," He smirked, "I am a wizard, you know." Gareth heard a whispered word, and suddenly Zazzt was shoulder to shoulder with him, and the next instant he spun past, "I have fought lemures faster than you." He said, whipping around, in a ready position, "[i:3gvd722x]Now[/i:3gvd722x] the fun begins." With that same blinding speed Zazzt's swords dove in, one two, from opposite sides impossible to block with only one sword.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth realizing this took his sword and powered it into the left sword, blocking it completely, But instead of taking the hit from the other, He jumped back and pivoted to the right to appear beside him and to force his own blade into the other, un-balancing him.

"Did you really think it would be that easy? I am a ranger after all"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "I had hoped not." And took a step back, in perfect balance, and again, with that devilish speed, lunged at Gareth, one sword leading, the other trailing behind him. He missed, quite miserably, in fact, but the wasn't trying to hit Gareth with his first sword. Suddenly, his trailing arm snapped taught, and the edge of his fine sword streaked for Gareth's throat.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth saw the silvery blade coming for him, So he quickly regained his posture with the sword and fell backwards onto his back and used his legs to power himself back up to his feet, after the blade had sliced through the air.

Back on his feet he decided to make a move, And hacked with his sword vertically then slicing in a diagonal angle with both hands. Making it deadly fast and extremely hard to block.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt's leading sword caught the oncoming blade, he twisted that sword to lock Gareth's blade in his own crossgaurd, Zazzt suddenly smiled, and whispered a word,"Chath" and suddenly that blade burst into flames. Then Zazzt twisted his sword again, to free Gareth's blade, "You know, I might have found a fun sparing companion..." He said, "You are good, teifling." With that, Zazzt threw up both swords. He launched into spellcasting, the beginnings of a magic missile spell.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Indeed, though i dont feel like catching a magic missle with my teeth." He said as he ran over to a large log, On that large log there it was, sitting on the log, a large hawk.

Using his knowledge of the ranger rituals and lore of the woodlands, He placed his hands around the bird gently, Charming and taming it... and throwing it up towards Zazzt, The hawk flew and glided, its sharp beak pointing towards his head.

And at the last minute the hawk ducked it head and smashed into Zazzt's face, disrupting his spell.

The hawk, witch will soon be named scrap, Flew to Gareth's tent and perched itself on the top, watching the battle intently.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Now that wasn't very nice... " Zazzt said, catching his swords, he pointed a finger at the hawk, and the bird burst into flames. Meanwhile, he pointed the tip of his sword at Gareth, and a magic missiles flew out of it, aimed right at his face. At the last instant, it swerved out of the way, and hit the bird off its perch. "I must admit, I give you points for using your surroundings, as any ranger worth his sword would, but there is one thing that troubles me... most of the rangers I have... encountered either fought with two swords, or tried to kill me with a bow, you do neither." He shrugged, "Eh, just a passing thought." He paused to listen to, what sounded like, the hawk's dying screams, "Hmm... think I might have overdone it..."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth Quickly turned around and saw his hawk companion dieing on the ground, He rushed over to the bird quickly and knelt over to grab a small healing herb out of his pack, A single leaf he needed.

So he grinded it up and placed it on his burns and cuts, He noticed the bird had broken its wing on its fall from the perch. The ranger knew it would never fly again, But with it wounds healed he placed the bird into the pack inside the tent with a makeshift bed made out of his old gloves.

He walked out and looked to Zazzt, "I am not like most rangers, But i must correct you on the bow." as he walked over to the pack in the tent, And pulled out a wonderous bow, Made of hickory, maple and oak wood, poslished to perfection, With sharp ivory tips.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled, "Ah... now this might be fun..." With a wave of his hands, his cloak turned into a pair of bat wings, and with a beat of those wings, Zazzt was gone, dissappearing into the surrounding foliage, "Fear not, teifling, your bird is safe." And that hawk flew out of the trees to Gareth's left, completely undharmed, "Aren't illusions just wonderful?"Gareth heard from behind him. But that was the least of his worries, as a bolt of lightning flashed in front, aimed at the ground beneath Gareth's feet. As Gareth was stunned by the sudden light, and the spray of dirt, as the lightning bolt tore away the ground in front of him, Zazzt flew out of the trees opposite the bolt, swords gleaming, one covered in flames, the other spitting lightning, and the power of the wards around him seemed to warp the very air, causing his form too appear as nothing more than a black arrow, shot from some hellish bow.
Last edited by NathreeDe'Shezbron on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Scrap, instinctivly flew inside the tent to hide in the pack. "Il say" as he predicted that the lightning was an illusion, but he wasnt going to take a chance on a hunch, He dived to the right, doing a roll onto his shoulders and landing into a position so he could jump again if need be.