The Half Moon Inn and Festhall

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

Zzadrina takes a swift swig of a goblet passed to her, before handing it off to Lothir.
[color=darkblue:1kvzq8z1]" I swear, the only good thing about the Underdark was the parties."[/color:1kvzq8z1] She chuckled, clunking her head on his shoulder to rest it there for a spell, only very slightly tired.
[color=darkblue:1kvzq8z1]" I suppose we drow have gifts with crazy dancing though."[/color:1kvzq8z1] She smiled as some of the patrons resumed a much more tame dance, laughing at the glances the two drow were thrown.
[color=darkblue:1kvzq8z1]" Just imagine if we weren't the only drow here at the moment..that might overwhelm some more of the inebriated people here."[/color:1kvzq8z1]
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

Post by T'risstree Helviiryn »

The doors to the Inn opened silently. Stepping in quietly came a drow woman wearing soft grey and green hued leathers and a hooded cape. The hood was down and her long silver hair, which was tied in to a long plait, hung halfway down her back, occassionally brushing against the ornate jewelled bastard sword that was strapped to her back.

Her golden amber eyes roamed across the room, carefully observing the patrons and the Inn's staff. She watched with interest as a male and female drow whirled around the centre of the taproom in a graceful ballet of swirling movement.

Off to one side, seated at a table and watching the dancers, she noticed what appeared to be a human paladin, if that shiney golden platemail armour and symbol of Torm were geniune, talking to a half-elven woman.

She looked the man over with a casual passing glance as she made her way to the bar.

[color=red:1fs7i3o3]He's handsome fellow[/color:1fs7i3o3] she thought with a ghost of a smile.
[color=red:1fs7i3o3]I wonder why that woman looks a liitle disinterested, maybe he's a dreadful bore?[/color:1fs7i3o3]

She hid her smile as she approached the bar.

"[color=indigo:1fs7i3o3][i:1fs7i3o3]Good evening. A glass of honey wine please,[/i:1fs7i3o3][/color:1fs7i3o3]" she said in a soft lilting voice as she quietly place a few gold coins on the bar in front of the dwarf.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

[quote="Talwyn Aureliano":fa91lji4]I smiled at Elenwe.

"It is good that you have found a solid and loyal friend then to share your travels," I said as I nodded in Zzadrina's direction. "Otherwise you would have quite a lonely road to walk."[/quote:fa91lji4]

Elenwe smiled at him.
[color=green:fa91lji4]" Yes, I am incredibly lucky. It's a fun story actually, how we met.." [/color:fa91lji4]She then launched into the tale of her meeting Zzadrina some years before, from the task they had both taken, to their literal bumping into eachother in some kobold infested mines, the witty banter, and so forth.

[color=orange:fa91lji4]Stan nodded up at the drow woman, before moving to retrieve a tall blue bottle from behind the bar. He set a glass infront of her, letting half of the contents of the bottle, an amber colored wine, pour into the glass. He bobbed his head once at her, before moving off to tend to some other patrons.[/color:fa91lji4]
--My friend and I
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

"A fascinating story Elenwe. It makes you wonder if we are free willed at all in the way fate takes a hand in matters. Your bumping into Zzadrina was have been either fated or the greatest of serendipty. I am never really certain if one is greater than the other but faith in the gods and my own strength I can rely on."

I paused as I noticed a new comer enter the Inn. Another drow, a woman this time, well armed and walking with a graceful stride.

"Isn't it remarkable that there are so many drow here this eve? I think it is a good sign that such a thing is possible." I said to Elenwe. I noticed the drow woman glance in our direction, a faint smile on her lips then she turned away and headed for the bar to order a drink.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He takes the glass and gulps it down. "Ah! The parties. Some of my only fond memories from home. The rest can all go sod off. Most notably my own damned family. Elg'caress ilhar, elg'caress dalninin, gol-vithin ilharn...." His gaze seems far off for a moment, then he turns back to her. "Sorry bout that. Must be getting a little soused to go on like that. What say we rejoin Tal and Elenwe?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Drina lifted her head from his shoulder to peer over at Elenwe and Talwyn.
[color=darkblue:1rzlw7uq]" They seem cozy enough to me."[/color:1rzlw7uq] She smiled as a new, local jig started up. It was definently Chondathan in form, and many people poured onto the dance floor, which said it was well known and popular.
[color=darkblue:1rzlw7uq]" The nights still young. Why don't we dance some more?"[/color:1rzlw7uq] She looked up at him and smiled, doing that big-pleading-darkblue-eyes thing.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Young, you say? Well, let us hope it ages well. Perhaps we can help it along." He gets up and offers her his hand, as they go back out onto the floor. "No point in wasting a perfectly good tune, eh!" he grins.

After a few more songs have played, they both move back to the table, and he orders another round of drinks. He alks a bit about his home, about the first time he saw the surface on a secret forey outside his family's cavern stronghold, about the underground cove where he swam and played alone as a child, the mushroom grove that was his own private hidaway. He talks of his days at the Academy and nights spent at the parties. His first love, Ravyn, and how she taught him to love music and stories. And above all, how he first discovered Eilistraeee, and a way of life that was better than those of his cruel family.

After a while, he takes the polished ebony lute again, puts away the flute, and starts to play an old sea ballad, something sad and sweet, about a fisherman who falls for a mermaid.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T'risstree smiled her thanks to the barkeep Stan as she took a sip of her honey wine. It was remarably good, something she hadn't expected. Normally in most Inn and taverns would serve the average stuff to unknown customers but she was now pleasantly surprised to be drinking a very fine wine.

[color=indigo:3tm6p0m0]"[i:3tm6p0m0]This is lovely. I will take the rest of the bottle please and start a tab with you,[/i:3tm6p0m0]"[/color:3tm6p0m0] she said as she added 20 more gold coins onto the bar.

She turned around to listen to music and she watched the fine looking male drow bard and his lady dance together for a few more songs. Seeing them together brought up mixed feelings inside her. She was happy for them as it appeared they had something good going between them but she also noted her own loneliness. The couple finished their dance after a few more songs and headed over to the table where the paladin and half elf lady were seated. The male drow sat relaxed as he regaled his companions with a story of his early life.

Her ears twicthed when she overheard him mention the name of her goddess. Taking up her glass and the bottle of wine, she crossed the room and approached the table as the male drow took up his lute and played a sweet song.

She stopped next to the table as he finished. The seated people looked up at her.

[color=indigo:3tm6p0m0]"[i:3tm6p0m0]A rightful place awaits you in the realm bbove, in the land of the great light...[/i:3tm6p0m0][/color:3tm6p0m0]" she said in her soft lilting voice, offering the traditional greetings to fellow worshippers of the Dark Maiden. She hoped she might find some company here with these people.
L'''' ghefna i''''dol ulu doera natha wael zhah talinth dosstan mzild bekea taga byrren
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I listened quietly as Lothir recounted his early days and then took out his lute and played a nice little song about a mermaid and a fisherman.

I glanced up as the new arrival made her way over to our table.

[i:z6h3of8j]"A rightful place awaits you in the realm above, in the land of the great light..."[/i:z6h3of8j] she said in greetings to us.

"Hail & well met to you milady," I said with a polite smile.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Zzadrina turned her head and smiled up at the new drow lady, feeling a sort of leap of excitement. It was rare that she got to see any followers of Eilistraee outside of the Promenade Temple, which she didn't visit often.
[color=darkblue:foqemh95]" Hey Bronwyn! Bring over another chair!"[/color:foqemh95] She called out to the waitress, who happily obeyed. The group scooted about a bit to make room for the new comer, who took her seat in the new chair. The group sort of looked around at eachother, until Zzadrina chuckled.
[color=darkblue:foqemh95]" Well, I never expected all of you to seem so reticent."[/color:foqemh95] She looked at the drow lady.
[color=darkblue:foqemh95]" My name is Zzadrina. This devilishly handsome drow bard is Lothir--[i:foqemh95]don't look at me like that, I'm paying you a compliment not stabbing you in the side, Lothir[/i:foqemh95]. The half elf monk in the lovely cream dress[i:foqemh95]--which looks gorgeous on you by the way--[/i:foqemh95] is Elenwe. And the man in the tin can over there is Talwyn. I'd watch out for him, what with his silver tounge."[/color:foqemh95] After listening to her little speech, everyone seemed to chuckle and the awkwardness vanished, like someone had used greater dispel on the group.
--My friend and I
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt turned his head slightly to look over the new arrival. Her greeting marked her as a preistess of Eilistraee, and that was the last thing that Zazzt needed in his condition, a cleric and a paladin, sitting not far from him. He stood up, with a nod of his head to Bronwyn, and a courtly bow to Zzadrina, place a small stack of gold coins on the table. He then made his way toward the door, and a few steps from it teleported away.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The lad almost chokes on his wine at Zzadrina's reference to Talwyn in a "tin can", not to mention her barb about silver tongues. He smiles warmly at the new arrival, with a slight bow- which appears all the more gracious, since he is seated.

"May the Dark Maiden guide and protect you," he replies by way of greeting to the priestess. "I've never been around so many of our faith before. It's- heartening. I only wish there were more like us back home- and certainly more lovely ladies such as all of you!" he says with a grin and a twinkle in his eyes, looking pointedly at Zzadrina as though to say- this is for that "devilishly handsome" remark. He chuckles at her modest blush.

"So, what brings you here, my Lady?" he asks curiously, offering her a glass. He ignores the slightly jealous glare from Zzadrina, for politeness and innocent flirtatiousness are second nature to him.

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T’risstree covered her mouth to hide her giggle when she heard Zzadrina describe the human male known as Talwyn as a “tin can”. She glanced at him and saw he took the barb with good grace and was evening smiling along with the remark about his “silver tongue”. The male drow who Zzadrina introduced as Lothir, almost spurted out a mouthful of his drink when he heard Zzadrina’s comment but he quickly recovered and was quite charming towards her. She noticed as his sent a pointed glance towards Zzadrina who blushed modestly.

[color=green:2oa5gkkd]So there is something going on between those two she thought to herself. I wonder though why Zzadrina had made those jibes towards the human male?[/color:2oa5gkkd]

She looked back at Talwyn and Elenwe and could see that there was no chemistry between that pair.

[color=indigo:2oa5gkkd]“Vendui to you all,”[/color:2oa5gkkd] T’risstree said smiling shyly. [color=indigo:2oa5gkkd]“I am T’risstree Helviiryn, priestess of the quar'valsharess and I am new to this place. It is as you say Lothir, heartening to see a few of us who follow Eilistraee. In fact this is the first time in the three years since I fled my city and came to the surface that I have spoken to any of my kind.” [/color:2oa5gkkd]

She paused for a second, a look of sadness and loss flicked briefly over her face but she quickly smiled again as Lothir attempted to flirt with her.

[color=indigo:2oa5gkkd]“The simplest answer to your question Lothir is that I am here because the road I walked on has brought me here. I needed a place to rest, buy some supplies and perhaps learn if there were any others of our kind nearby. At least that question has been answered with you both being here.”[/color:2oa5gkkd] Smiling at Zzadrina and Lothir, she sipped her honey wine. She then turned and looked directly at Talwyn.

[color=indigo:2oa5gkkd]“And why is a follower of Torm sitting with a pair of Drow and a half elf lady? And is it true you have a silver tongue?”[/color:2oa5gkkd] she asked Talwyn with an amused look in her golden amber eyes.
clicky2cme
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I poked out my tongue at T'risstree after she asked,

[i:32uw4k43]“And why is a follower of Torm sitting with a pair of Drow and a half elf lady? And is it true you have a silver tongue?”[/i:32uw4k43]

"It wasn't silver last time I looked. Is it now?" T'risstree shook her head indicating no as I replied to her with a half smile.

"My manners and behaviour towards ladies of quality give the impression of suave charm. Yet they are but honest reflections of impressions and feelings and they way in which they are received & interpreted is entirely up to the receipient. As to your first question, I am seated with these people as we've shared some adventure together. Part of my greater remit is to act as a liaison between the Temple of Eilistraee at Skullport and other surface realms like Waterdeep etc. This way the truth about your goddesses and her followers good intentions are recognised and your faith and its members are not falsely or unjestly persucuted by the ignorant and foolish."

T'risstree Helviiryn
Regular

T’risstree smirked, amused by the paladins' act. She listened as he spoke, becoming interested in what he said about acting as a go between for drow that worshipped Eilistraee.

[color=indigo:6mee4zm7]“I had not heard anything like this before but I have not been to Skullport yet either. I’ve been wandering the surface alone for the past few years and not met any of my kind yet tonight I meet two. Most people, humans especially, react with suspicion and hostility when they see me.”[/color:6mee4zm7] She sighed for a moment.

[color=indigo:6mee4zm7]“It’s been difficult to be a priestess of Eilistraee when the ones you want to help are often afraid of you. I have met only one other paladin, he followed Tyr and at first he was hostile to me but after I disarmed him and spared his life, he was sorry as he didn’t know that I was a priestess of the Dark Dancer. He saw me as drow and did not think but reacted instinctively yet wrongly towards me. So if you can help change peoples minds about us, I and others of my kind would be grateful.”[/color:6mee4zm7] She smiled kindly at Talwyn.

[color=green:6mee4zm7]This man will be worth watching. If he is able to do what he says, then things might be easier for me she thought.[/color:6mee4zm7]

[color=indigo:6mee4zm7]“So Zzadrina, tell me of Skullport. What is it like there? How many of our kind are there at the temple?”[/color:6mee4zm7]
clicky2cme