Infestation

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

I sat back and listened as Zadrina's sweet voice sang out, closing my eyes as I let her music wash over me. A good old song that was familiar with many people.

When she finished, I applauded quietly so as not to disturb any of the Inn's guests.

"Wonderful! That was really good indeed Zzadrina," I said with a beaming smile. Allow me to repay you with this song which you might be familiar with," I added with a half smile as I hummed the refrain of the song for her before she nodded and joined in with me, our voices blending in a unique harmony that was wonderful to hear.

[i:1kojy0p5]
Out in the deserts of darkness and dreams,
Out though the oceans of sadness we sailed.
Venturing onwards through mystical scenes,
Blown on the whim of the wind that prevailed.
We had no reason to doubt the truth,
Driven by danger and discontent,
And the drums of youth.

Don't let the memory die,
Childen of the sky, heroes of the sea.
And as your life passes by,
Remember how it feels to be
Children Of The Sky

Searching on mountains of wisdom and fears,
Searching in forests of feathers and snow.
Travelling through valleys of secrets and tears,
Where only the brave or the foolish would go.
Watching for signs in an empty sky,
We never thought that the rain would fall,
As the years went by.

Don't let the memory die,
Childen of the sky, heroes of the sea.
And as your life passes by,
Remember how it feels to be
Children Of The Sky[/i:1kojy0p5]
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Post by Zzadrina Kel'Shri »

Zzadrina smiled and joined him on her fiddle, which now sounded more like a violin. As she played the ending notes, she spoke.
[color=darkblue:3rfcuhtp]" I've actually only heard that song played thrice before in my life, when I was adventuring around with my mentor, an older moon elf bard. He was quite the incredible singer; had avariel blood in him, you know. That was a long time ago."[/color:3rfcuhtp] She smiled at the many memories she had shared with that silly old elf.
" And allow me to repay thee." She winked at the paladin. This next song was a bit more somber, played in lower notes on her fiddle.

[i:3rfcuhtp]The wind was on the withered heath,
but in the forest stirred no leaf:
there shadows lay by night and day,
and dark things silent crept beneath.
The wind came down from mountains cold,
and like a tide it roared and rolled;
the branches groaned, the forest moaned,
and leaves were laid upon the mould.
The wind went on from West to East;
all movement in the forest ceased,
but shrill and harsh across the marsh
its whistling voices were released.
The grasses hissed, their tassles bent,
the reeds were rattling -- on it went
o'er shaken pool under the heavens cool
where racing clouds were torn and rent.
It passed the lonely Mountain bare
and swept above the dragon's lair:
there black and dark lay boulders stark
and flying smoke was in the air.
It left the world and took its flight
over the wide seas of the night,
The moon set sail upon the gale,
and stars were fanned to leaping light.[/i:3rfcuhtp][/size:3rfcuhtp]
" Hey Lil, what''''s going on in the world news today?"
" Some woman got whacked!"
"....Apparently, this is cause for celebration in Lil Land."
--My friend and I
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

OOC: WHere's the hurry?! Oh, and I smashed the mayor's door, not the innkeep's.

The door to the inn opened once again, and through the frame came a lithe figure;
Ilena, the promised guide had finally arrived.
The Inn keeper had done nothing short of falter back, and grow pale.
"T-the u-usual ma'am?"

Ilena took her time answering back. Her cloak was wrapped around her bastard sword quite neatly. She leaned it gently against the counter, and only when she did turn to sit, you noticed her right arm missing entirely.

OOC: I'm really sorry for this, but I've no idea how to describe this altogether -.-'.
[hide:1okh3yzv][img:1okh3yzv]http://abanzai.animeblogger.net/wp-cont ... 220302.jpg[/img:1okh3yzv][/hide:1okh3yzv]

You realized from just looking at her she didn't bother to talk or in any other way interact with neither elf, human, or something in between; her features were calm and stern.
You wondered whether she didn't notice you when she came in, or she ignored you all together...

The innkeep brought her a sweet smelling liquid in a small wooden goblet.
A flachion stood perched at the open window, sleeping away not bothering to notice or pay attention to anything.

Rooky came in around 10 minutes later...the innkeep would have thrown roses over her head, but he was at qualms what to be affraid of more; the Ranger or the mobile volcano about to errupt.

"What will you be having?"

"Throw in your strongest. Quickly..." she made her way to the table of Talwyn and the other two, and tapped Ilena on the shoulder, motioning her to follow. She didn't fully realise the presence of the newcomers until later on.
The ranger, looked at her under her eye, and followed to where she went. Ilena made no objections...at least none you could here and followed.
Rooky brought them both chairs, and they sat down.

"Alright, we've lived long enough to see this. This is Ilena, our charged guide for the Cloackwood Caves.
Also a small note, keep the faith to yourselves, which ever it is. The community's pretty packed, and really small, and there've been a few jolly men and henchmen trying to make a point. The villager's won't take lightly to any name other then Ilmater."

Rooky gulped down her ale within an eye blink, put it on the table, and occupied her full attention span with her pipe. The world, and all of it's inhabitants dissapeared within a second.
It was now Rooky and her pipe. Much like a child and it's candy.

Ilena took over. Her voice was solemn, even, and quite silent. As the tavern was empty you didn't really need to bother to strain yourself to hear her, but you couldn't help but wonder what would happen with more people around;

[color=darkblue:1okh3yzv]"Since we are past the introduction's phase, I won't tire you with minor details. I will skip ahead to our mission. I've been scouting up the caves for several days now, and the changes are...quite dramatic to say the least. From what I gathered, there were in fact Drow within it's tunels, but...they are gone now. They been there for a total of...perhaps two days? I went into the caves as my curiosity got the better of me. It's crawling with spiders...that is it was. I left, hoping to find another way in, and when I returned, around 5 hours later the spider's were less then a carcass. Something made a good meal on them but didn't bother to finish...it didn't even bother to move it's food inside of the cave.
I turned to go inside, and the smell overwhelmed me...The drow and spiders that didn't leave were..."[/color:1okh3yzv] Ilena stoped in her sentance and looked at the people by her table; they were merilly drinking away, and before she came in singing.
This wasn't a bed time story.

[color=darkblue:1okh3yzv]"I will continue this in the morning. I will not spoil your evening. Please, excuse me...[/color:1okh3yzv] she got up and returned to her former seat, much to the innkeep's dissapointment.
Finishing her drink in a rush, she picked up her bundled sword, and left the building all together.
The innkeep sighed in relief, and spoke to the others;

"If you don't mind I'd like to close up soon...it's been a long day..."
:3
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: Okay, I figure this is a good point to jump back in, anyway, I'm kinda sorry I missed the discussion- I'm sure me boy has someinteresting view on this himself...

IC:
Lothir is lying on the rather uncomfortable little bed, eyes closed, when he realizes that it has gotten quiet out in the main taproom. so he flips up his hood- no point in wasting good magic unless needed- and quietly goes back out into the taproom. It's nearly empty now, with only Talwyn and two women- one of them an elven lass, the other hidden beneath a hooded cloak, much like himself. He cocks his head in puzzlement. Is there some sort of rule that says every tavern must have at least one cloaked stranger?

He listens to the conversation for a few moments, then grins when he hears them start in on the singing. In the middle of the latest song, he unstraps his own lute and begins to paly along.

He waits until they notice him, then stops and lets out a soft chuckle. "So, Talwyn, I see you've found some company. Surely you don't mean to hog these two lovely ladies all to yourself? If I'd known we were going to have such pleasant company, I'd have returned sooner."

He strums a little once again, and sings a verse or two of his own in a rich, pure tenor, with his fingers moving expertly over hte strings. He leans against a post, seeming at ease with the music flowing through him.

I believe what the prophets said
That the oceans hold their dead
But at night when the waves are near
They whisper and I hear

I believe what the prophets said,
That the oceans hold their dead
As I contemplate this stand
What I do is who I am....
(OOC note: Lyrics are from "Wake of the Magellan" ;-) )

"Hmm, it's actually much longer, but since our good host is getting ready to close up, perhaps it can wait a bit." He sighs, and makes a little bow to the ladies.

Then Rooky and her companion come in, and he listens with dread as the guide recounts her news. This can't be good, he thinks.
Somehting that could make such quick work of even drow and their monsterous spiders? He shudders, and straps the lute back in its place. "Well, there puts a rain on our little party... A shame, too. I was hoping to spend more time with these lovely ladies."

He glances over to Talwyn and shrugs. "Looks like we're back on duty, eh?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

Elenwe and Zzadrina smiled as this new arrival played his song and then sat, and complimented him graciously. As two women entered and seated themselves at their table-one of them obviously Rooky-, the half elf and drow listened quietly, brooding over what the moon elf said.
[color=green:2pp7krj3]" It sounds like nothing I hath ever heard of."[/color:2pp7krj3] Elenwe commented, frowned. Zzadrina nodded.
[color=darkblue:2pp7krj3]" Me neither."[/color:2pp7krj3] She looked up at the innkeeper as he spoke and smiled.
[color=darkblue:2pp7krj3]" Well, we should all be getting some rest for tommorow, eh?"[/color:2pp7krj3] She stuck out one black hand to Elenwe, who took it and rose, then hooked arms with the drow.
[color=green:2pp7krj3]" We shall be awake bright and early, so we shall not miss eachother."[/color:2pp7krj3] In tandem, the women dipped their heads to the party and spoke.
" Good night." With nary a backwards glance, the girls made their ways upstairs to their rooms.
--My friend and I
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I was glad to see Lothir join us in the taproom of the Inn. He segued in very nicely by accompanying Zzadrina as she played her last song.

"Good to see you join us friend Lothir. Allow me to introduce these two delightful ladies, Zzadrina, bard and follower of the Dark Dancer and Elenwe, monk of Azuth. I can hardly be blamed for monopolising their exquistite company my friend as you were not here and so the task of entertaining these beautious blossoms of womanhood fell unto me," I said with a faint grin. He returned the grin and introduced himself to our new companions then launched into a couple of verses of a song from his own repetoire.

We noted the arrival of a one armed woman who appeared to make the barman quite nervous as he stammered his greeting to her. She appeared calm and quiet, one of those silent measured types that bares careful watching as it is harder to read their intent. She took her drink and appeared to ignore our little party in the corner until Rooky returned and then both of them came over to our table.

Introductions were made once more. Ilena nodded in greeting as Rooky again advised us to keep our respective faiths under wraps. Again this disturbed me but it was not that important at this moment however, if there is a local vicar or cleric of Ilmater, I may have a few words with him or her after this episode is concluded and assertain why a priest of the Crying god is encouraging religious intolerance of other faiths. I know for a fact that if an inquisitor of Tyr were to arrive, then things might get rather tense to say the least. Lets hope it doesn't come to that.

I listened in silence as Ilena explained that the drow incursion had been wiped out by something far more dealier than them. Rooky sat back and broke open a tabac pouch and pipe and quietly smoked, her eyes always watching everything. Ilena finished her briefing and then excused herself and left the Inn. The barkeep called for closing time thus bringing an end to the evenings activities.

"It appears the evening has drawn to a close comrades. I have immensely enjoyed you company Elenwe, Zzadrina," said with a warm smile & a bow to the ladies. I let my gaze lingering briefly on Zzadrina, catching her eye before the two women bade us good evening and departed for their room.

I turned to Lothir with a nonchalant smile.

"It does seem that we are indeed back on duty again and may I add what a pleasant duty it will be now that our company has expanded with the addition of Zzadrina and Elenwe." Rooky snorted and rolled her eyes at me. Lothir winked in understanding with a sly grin. Knocking out the dottle from her pipe onto the floor, Rooky stood up, stretched and made her way out without another word .

"I believe I will be bunking with you Lothir as there are only a few rooms available in this rather limited establishment."

"I hope you don't snore," he quipped as we made our way upstairs to our small and rather spartan room.

"Well I don't believe I do and I have not drunk red wine this evening so I think you will be safe this night friend," I said with a reassuring gentle pat on his shoulder.

Lothir made his way over to his bed while I got out a bedroll from my pack and laid it out on the floor.

I removed my armour, carefully stacking the plates, greaves and mail against the wall while ensuring that my longsword and mace were in immediate reach.

Picking up a porcelin jug, I left the room to fetch some water to wash with. The sound of women talking in low voices and giggling made me pause briefly in the corridor. As I did so, the chatter stopped. I grinned to myself and carried on to the wash room where I quickly cleaned up before my evening vigil of prayer.

I returned to the room to find Lothir fast asleep, his magical disguise had faded. The candle light flicked across his dark features and he looked at peace as he slept.

Quietly closing the door, I placed the full water jug next to the wash bowl and knelt down to begin my evening vigil of devotions to Torm.

I prayed for strength and guidence for the coming days as to further the glory of his name. I felt the brief prescense of his divine grace across my spirit as he acknowledged the prayer and devotion with gratitude and joy. My lord is a pleasure to serve as he loves and cares for all his faithful ever since his awakening to the humble faithful who willingly gave their lives in the thousands to aid Torm in his triumph over Bane. Those martyrs names will live forever in glory and honour.

[color=blue:f234of2j]No love has greater than he who lays down his life for another.[/size:f234of2j][/color:f234of2j]

Those words, inscribed on the moment to their sacrifice, will shine like a beacon to all of this world and the lesson learned is this:
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

A price must always be paid to defeat evil but it must be done with a willing heart. Only then can true good prevail as evil can never inspire that level of devotion, only demand it through fear and coercion.

I concluded my vigil and lay down on the bedroll on the floor and closed my eyes humming softly a tune and thinking of a beautiful face with bright blue eyes.
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The luminous full moon shone at it's brightest; to some it was a beautifull sight, to Rooky it was a restless night.
Folklore and myth say one thing, but she knows best. Tonight, it'll be a good idea to let some steam out. THe next few days, may actually require some self-restraint.

Either way, Rooky was perched on the roof section of the inn. It wasn't hard to acess; You just open the windows and voila.
The smoke from her pipe made it's way around the village, slowly disspiating under the night sky.

As heavy of a smoker she was, she didn't appreciate, at least her nose didn't, the the bitter stench of pure tobbacco.
She took her sweet time when she mixed the first batch. The tobbacco she used was hauled in from the Hells. Unprocesed. The best on the market.
It was sweet smelling of it's own (the devils are delicate when it comes to their hobby's and pleasure's), but it still lacked something.
And Rooky took care of that; you don't get a better smell.

She didn't spent a total of ten minutes in her room...The noises from the window on the right ruined the ease of silence. It was Talwyn. And he snored like a dwarven wood hacker.
She made her way to there, and peeked inside. Lothir was amazingly fast asleep...

(...)

By now, Rooky was already in her full; her short soft fur covered the entirety of her body, and the silver coat gave off an even brighter shine uner the moon's light;
She puffed her pipe, and the smoke trailed off somewhere unknown...
The massive clawed feet made their way back to the spot she was originally in, in suprising silence.
The night was to be long...

Ilena was restless as well; she returned to the spot where Rooky found her, and gave the campfire life again...

The night was to be long...

OOC: The last sentance means, I'm at a writter's block -.-'. I'll edit it either this afternoon, or tomorrow, in the mean time, post craizy around this if you can. In fact post craizy like you did before, it actually made my life easier.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He was sleeping peacefully when the hacksaw started.... Huh? he thoguht groggily, sitting up. He glanced around for the source of the gods-awful racket, and realized it was Tal. He sighed. So much for not snoring, he thought sourly, and flopped back down, holding the pillow over his suddenly too-keen ears.

<Sweet goddess, I've not heard anything this horrible since I left the barracks in the acadamy. Or perhaps that night on watch on Father's ship.... Man snores like a damn sailor. Gods, it's a wonder the whole damn inn doesn't come banging on the door to shut him up...>

He tried to go back to sleep, but it was no use. The noise was enough to wake the dead- and probably already had, he mused, as he heard a slight scraping outside. Finally, he gave the knight a light push with one foot, to make him turn over and hopefully stop the snoring. It didn't stop, but at least died down to a more tolerable volume. He muttered a curse in his native tongue- though he wasn't entirely sure a mind-flayer would even do what he'd envisioned- and finally shook his head and turned over, with the pillow still over his head, and went back to sleep.

OOC: Tal, if he's pissy in the morning, I blame you, LOL!!!

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

The night progressed slowly, and soon the dark starless sky gave in to a new day's sun.
It made it's way through the windows slowly, gradually iluminating everything.

You washed yourselves, and fully refreshed, made your way down for breakfest; the innkeep was as jolly as he could get, and welcomed you once more with a hearty good morning.
It made you wonder why, since Ilena was there already...yes it was a corner, but you could still see her...

Some of the locals made fun of the innkeep's greed, and you started the day with a smile.

You sat down beside your guide, curious about the story she left unfinished. She greeted you politely, and promised to continue it along the way to the caves, once you were full and ready to go.
The locals were more or less suspicious, but once they saw you a cheery batch, the joined in with the laughs, promising a night of drink and food, if you come back and tell them good news.
The day kept getting better. Too good actually. You then notice that Rooky's daily glum face isn't around.

[color=darkblue:337mjdyl]"Eat. Your companion will be waiting for us at the caves. Take you time. She said not to rush..."[/color:337mjdyl]
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He woke up in a somewhat foul mood, thanks in no small part to his companion's over-loud snores. But as he looked out the window at the sunrise, the promise of new experiences and new horizons called, making the young drow smile in spite of his restless night. He glanced over to see Talwyn sprawled out on the floor like a drunkard passed out after too much dwarven stout, mouth gaping open like a bass. He grinned at the amusing image, and suddenly his impish nature took over.

With a wicked chuckle, he grabbed the wash pitcher from a table in the corner of the room, and proceeded to pour the cold contents over Tal's head.

"Good morning, lumberjack! Glad to see your night was so restful. Allow me to help you wake faster!" he said, then hopped back as the big knight sputtered awake. The mischievous bard doubled over laughing, and tottered back to fall on the narrow bed, even while his friend stood up and shook himself with a sour look at the drow.

"VERY funny," he said sarcastically. "Are you quite finished?"

"Ha! I'm sorry, but it was just too tempting an opportunity to pass up. I've never been very good at resisting such games. Forgive the jest, my friend, and let's go scrounge up some breakfast." He finally ceased laughing, and changed into his comfortable travel clothes- a simple tunic, leather vest(blue, as always), and loose trousers. He donned his cloak, grabbed his lute and pack, and quickly intoned the spell to disguise his appearance once more.

"Shall we, oh wet one?" he grinned, and somehow the expression looked even more devious on the skinny, awkward youth whose face he now wore.

"Lucien" lead the way down to the main room, and orders two plates of the best fare by way of apology. He sat down at the table with the mysterious guide, still wary, but more at ease in the early morning light. The food was filling, and actually rather good, and the company better still, especially after the two lovely ladies from the evening before came in to join them.

He passed a polite, but obviously interested glance at Zzadrina, wondering if she was as lovely under her hood as her voice had suggested. Once again, he wished he could simply let down his spell of seeming and be himself, but given the local climate, that would be foolish, if not suicidal. So he sighed, and decided to wait for a more opportune moment.

Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

There was a sort of quiet tromping noise as Elenwe came down the stairs to join her companions, both new and old. She looked fine, except for her disheleved hair and glare she gave Zzadrina, who was sitting quite companionably sitting next to "Lucien" and Talwyn.

Elenwe frowned and crossed her arms as Zzadrina looked up at her.
[color=green:28156sk6]" You stashed my comb somewhere, didn't you, Drina?"[/color:28156sk6]
Zzadrina leveled her an impish smile.
color=darkblue]" Oh, [i:28156sk6]blame not the bard[/i:28156sk6]- 'Lucien' took it."[/color]
She emphasised her sentance by patting the poor drow boy on top of his hood covered head with a grin. Elenwe rolled her eyes and accepted the mug of water that was pushed into her hands.

[color=darkblue:28156sk6]" So, how did everyone sleep?"[/color:28156sk6] Zzadrina asked to make conversation while pouring a gratuitous amount of honey into her tea. She sent "Lucien" a fiesty wink when he glanced interestedly at her.
--My friend and I
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

I was woken with a start after Lothir thought it would be an amusing jape to dump the water jug on me.

I glared at him for a moment.

"VERY funny," I said sarcastically. "Are you quite finished?"

"Ha! I'm sorry, but it was just too tempting an opportunity to pass up. I've never been very good at resisting such games. Forgive the jest, my friend, and let's go scrounge up some breakfast." Saying that Lothir proceeded to get himself dressed. I waited till he was done before wringing out my soaking wet bedding and hanging it out to dry as best as possible.

I towelled off myself and got dressed in a white linen shirt, loose fitting kharki drawstring pants and a pair of calfskin running boots. Slinging my longsword in it's baldric over my shoulder, I made my way down stairs.

I sat down at our table. Zzadrina was between myself and Lothir. I smiled at her and Elenwe. After having a quick cup of tea, I stood up.

"Excuse me friends, I will not be break fast with you as I have to engage in my morning exercises and I do not run on a full stomache. I will be back shortly." I said politely as I passed the extra plate of food that Lothir had ordered to Zzadrina.

They were a little surprised by my announcement however the bright clean crisp air of the morning was enough of a call for me to engage in a hard run and series of simple strength maintaining routines like press up, crunches, stretches and lunges, squats, knee bends and chin ups. Even the local villagers were amused by my routines. A number of the younger girls had ceased their activities and were openly admiring me as I worked up a good sweat. I gave them a friendly wave and a smile which got them all giggling shyly amongst themselves.

I jogged back to the Inn and walked back inside. The sweat stained linen shirt was plastered wet across my broad heaving chest as I breathed out the fatigue. I picked up an empty tankard and filled it and drank deeply from the rainwater barrel.

I nodded briefly to the 3 at the table before heading back upstairs to wash, pack up and suit up for the days activities. I was dressed and armoured up within 30 minutes. The plate was still dark with the camoflage and the rags where still doing their job of muffling the metal as I wandered back down stairs. I grab some fruit and some cold sausage, munching on them as I walked outside to wait for my companions.

Rooky
Legend

Post by Rooky »

Many wonderful moments of degrading the paladin, later, you made your way to the caves, Ilene further explaining the situation;

The villagers wished you luck and a good journey, and promised to greet you better next time you arrive.
It was a nice day, but soon enough, you could smell how close you were getting to the cave.

[color=darkblue:ffhxvst6]"Please sustain yourselves, it only gets worse from here. As I said before, something killed off the drow and spiders.
On my last trip there, the odor only got worse, but something else made it...intolerable.
I have reasons to believe Carrion Crawlers arrived...and there is surely more then one...judging by the extrements left behind, there were at the least 15 of them.
You friend was....less then happy to help me scout the caves out...and she came back looking even grimmer. I decided to hold on to my dear life and skip asking anything...perhaps you would be more successful?

In any case I have been prevented from truly exploring any further. Here we are..."[/color:ffhxvst6]

The arid smell turned unbearable; the entire mouth of the cave breathed the vile stench of death and carrion;
Ilena was as reluctant to enter as were you, but finally you entered. Around five feet into it, and the corpses on the entryway Ilena spoke of were picked clean, leaving on a mass of bone behind.
A sweet smell greeted you, seemingly killing off the arid stench. You see Rooky, sitting calmly, with her legs crossed, smoking away at her pipe; around her, half eaten dark elven and those of their slaves corpses, along with at least five dead carrion crawlers.

She didn't so much as look at you, let alone greet you and try to explain; how you reacted was not her problem, but something told you, if you started panicking and whimpering, you would join the dead sooner then you thought.

[color=darkblue:ffhxvst6]"Pardon my missinformation....10 carrion crawlers."[/color:ffhxvst6]

"Along with 24 Goblin corpses, 10 Orcs, 15 Drow, and four neatly skinned Mind Flayers...at least the front. They've been nailed to the cave wall and are hanging by their skin.
Behind me are two Drow commanders..." she turned around, and examined them once more; both of their faces were torn in a scream, and their eyes still held the last moments of agony.
Rooky looked them over, poked at something and turned back to her original stance.
"...one had his entire bones shattered, and the other's insides were munched on while he was still kicking.
Oh yes, I would like to introduce you to someone...taking it she's still alive..."

Rooky got off her throne, and moved a few short steps; you didn't notice the remaining dark elf; a young girl desperately trying to keep herself alive, but the blood she coughed out...and lack of limbs prevented her.
She was completly torn appart; both her hands were missing, and her legs were shattered and have been gnawed on...

"Tesso mina, vel'bol dos della uns'aa."

[color=red:ffhxvst6]L'errdegahr inbalus...ilta vigh xuil ol zhah iglatan...il elggat udossa...ol zhah...charnag feryxonis...nind...Usstan...qualla...elgg uns'aa...usstan ann d'dos...ELGG UNS'AA![/color:ffhxvst6]

She screamed her last, and spewed pink blood over Rooky. She though over whether to leave her to die, or help her die.
Regardless, Rooky took the initiative and in a swift motion, snapped her neck, leaving the elf to die with a morbidly serene expression on her face.

"There you have it kids. Now...who of you is experiance adventurer enough to tell me what killed them off? Not you Ilena, you stand next to me.
You've three chances to guess, else I'll throw dismembered limbs at you."

From her last, you could tell Rooky wasn't joking. Even Ilena's stone face, twisted in shock at the last remark.

OOC: Sorry for the morbidity, but the need for drama got to me...
If it bothers you tell me and I'll re-do it.
Zzadrina Kel'Shri
Maid
Maid

During the whole walk to the cave, Zzadrina and Elenwe bickered quietly like an old married couple, much to the amusement of the rest of the amusement-inclined party, Talwyn and Lothir. They silenced and loosed their weapons, however when the party arrived at the cave. Zzadrina loosed her grip on her pack so she could drop it in an instant and rested a hand on one of the swords that were strapped to her back. Both women grimanced at the carnage, but otherwise had no reaction to it, and began to go around and examine the bodies. Zzadrina couldn't help frisking a few, but stopped at the look Elenwe gave her for looting the corpses with a grumble.

They both looked up at Rookys question and shook their head.
[color=darkblue:s9i9wi6l]" I've seen alot of battles over my long life, but nothing like this. Some of these..beings..are killed in different ways, though. Some have limbs ripped off, some are stabbed, and some have bones shattered. I would go as far to say that there were different creatures here killing, not just one type, but that's just a guess."[/color:s9i9wi6l] Zzadrina said, standing and brushing her hands off on her pants.
--My friend and I
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"No", he said quietly. "She said IT. And she mentioned a demon. Whatever did this- it was one creature. Something big. Barghest, maybe? Or glabrezu? Hells, could have even been a balor. In any case, we'd best be ready for anything."

So saying, he pulled two daggers out of his boots, and spoke the commands that transformed them into their true shape of two fine, slender sabers, each with a hilt in the shape of a slender, nude elven woman beneath a full moon that formed the pommel. The moons were made of flawless moonstone, with tiny amethyst chips where the woman's eyes were. Delicate handguards shaped like ivy vines twined from the tang down almost to the moons, and the blades were etched with intricate knotwork down one side, and each had a simple word in elven script on the other- one read Honor, the other Valor.

"Let's hope we fare better than these poor souls," he said, and bent down to the dead girl and closed her eyes, whispering a soft prayer for her spirit. He went around to the others and did the same, as if stopping their silent stares might give them some measure of peace, and himself as well.

"Alright. Lolthites or not, no one deserves to die like that. Let's see what we can do about keeping anyone else from meeting their fate."