My Enemy's Enemy... (AKA Making Allies)

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gil'eal
Maid
Maid

My Enemy's Enemy... (AKA Making Allies)

Post by Gil'eal »

In a none too spectacular arrival, but rather subtle, and in fact a bit sneaky, to avoid detection by enemies, or other potential threats, comes a lone animal from the shadows to approach the city gates. Perhaps uncommon to see in these shadowy subteranes, is the slightly largish panther, but all the more reason the stealthy cat may be much easier to miss.

When the cover of shadows is near to being lost, while advancing upon the surely well-lit area of the gates, the wild beast, becomes one that walks upright, but draped in a concealing cloak,as he enters the light, it is Drathir's hope, that his transformation from beast to man is concealed from prying eyes, all too aware of the distrust his 'condition' sews in the hearts of those who do not yet know him. A secret he can't hide forever, but would have people know him, before judging him.

Up to the guard he calls, "Hail! I am Drathir, a ranger, in service to Selune, upon a mission of good will."

With that cloak on, he -appears- unarmed, though there could be many weapons concealed under it, not to mention he shall have an interesting time explaining his more graceful features, and odd eyes, that do not fit the stereotypical rugged looks of a human.
Tali Feldireil
Maid
Maid

Post by Tali Feldireil »

[b:7mxkbxne]>The guards that would usually be patrolling across the walkways were seemingly distracted by something else. There was a commotion coming from inside the town, and the gateway was slightly ajar, undefended. Deep voices, barking orders to one another echoed between the city’s buildings. Quick, heavy footsteps sprinted down each street and alleyway. The sentries had a lone mission on their minds, it appeared that they were searching for something that was perhaps misplaced or fell out of view.<

>Just one lone soldier was left at the entrance, a young one, a draftee. He was too nervous or awkward, so he openly trusted the stranger’s words. As the inexperienced soldier was looking at the visitor, behind him another figure appeared. It was an adolescent boy, younger than the sentinel, appearing to be perhaps 13-14 years of age. He had been running, and abruptly halted. He brought something from beneath his arm, and examined it. It was secret, and could not be made out from the shadows.<

>Just as quickly, he put it back beneath the protection of his arm. He looked over towards the stranger, had he seen it? Shadows were painted across his face, leaving most of it concealed. All that could be made out was his fop of thick, curly locks, and one auburn eye that mirrored both persons. His ear, must be an elf. The torches that decorated the stone buildings, reflected in his one eye. Giving the appearance that it was on fire, his eye looked like it was laughing. Was he smiling?<

>He was a slender, weak looking individual. Still needed to mature, and put some meat on his bones. It was curious, was he the cause of all this hullabaloo? The boy bent low, and picked up a stone from the ground. He threw it, aiming for the guard’s helmet. With a loud crack it surprisingly hit its mark. The young guard in all his uneasiness, squealed, and then spun around. The boy took off, and within moments the other pursued him, down the dark alleyway.<[/b:7mxkbxne]
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt viewed the scene with a look of utter amusement, covered in layers of wards and sheilds, not to mention being invisible, 'How pathetic these humans are, no De'Virdeen drow would ever be caught in this chaos... ah well, lets add some more.' With a wave of his hand, he dropped his invisibility, and with a word, he turned into a human with blond hair and green eyes, and was just going to join in the running, drawing his swords, when his divination showed him the man at the gate. Zazzt's eyes narrowed, "This one might be dangerous... Hmmm, best see what he wants." He walked over to the gate, and the fool gaurd who stood their, another testament to the worthlessness of the human race. When he got there he called out, "Hail, and well met, I am Erowyn. I am a mercenary, hired by the lord of this town. You could tell me the nature of your visit."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gil'eal
Maid
Maid

Post by Gil'eal »

Drathir begins to wonder, as he watches the scenes before his eyes play out, of young elven guards and younger delinquents, of chaos in the streets and the gates ajar, open to any passerby, at the wisdom of his superiors whom have set him upon this journey. Surely his journey is in folly, if here is where he is to help forge alliances against Sune's followers.

Near to taking the plunge into the madness within the city, he nearly steps forth to cross the threshhold of the open door, when addressed by the new 'human' standing above, draws his attention. There is a pause, to hear what is said, and without lifting his head, answers back, "I am an envoy from the Temple of Selune. I come on a quest of peace, and would request sanctuary within the Lord's Hall, until the unrest in his city is dealt with, that I may then conduct my orders without unnecessary disruptions."

This isn't in fact completely true, while his mission itself is meant to be restrained to politics and diplomacy, the underlying reason, he suspects, but doesn't know, branches from conflict.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

"Very well, I will go notify the proper people, perhaps it would be best if you followed me. I will get you to the House, and then I must away, to quell the drow invasion." With that Zazzt turned, and started off into the city.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke