Leaving the underdark...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

After falling for a few minutes, he suddenly saw a stalagmite appear before his face, but just as Lizarus was about to hit it, he was jerked upward by a steady hand, Zazzt stood just to the left of the stalagmite, hands pointed at the levitating elf, "Didn't even prepare a levitation spell, tsk tsk tsk, surface dwellers." Meylthyl only chuckled his bubbling laugh, "Well, come on then, off you go, look around you, behold the glory of Ched Nassad." The area within sight was littered by chunks of broken stone, some with obvious signs of stonecutting on them, with murals of spiders and other Underdark creatures on them. They stood on a large mound, the stalagmite being the tip of a spire, with a winding pattern going up to its tip. The rubble had settled unevenly around it, showing the tips of what appeared to be spinnerettes, Zazzt pointed at it, "Looks like a temple to Lolth, or another of the Pantheon..." He said reverently, "Well, now that we have paid the proper respects, lets start digging." With that, he and Melythyl sat down, looking at Lizarus expectantly.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

"I never prepared a levitation spell because I don't have one..." he rolled his eyes. He didn't even get a warning about the stalagmites. "Either way, I always carry something to get coin..." he held out something, muttered a few words, and it turned back to original size. "I got a shovel here." he said, smiling greatly.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Hmm, what sort of wizard are you, if you are willing to do manual labor?" Zazzt nodded to Melythyl, and the ground beneath Lizarus' feet seemed to turn isubstantial, although in truth, it was the trio who had become ghosts, "I too have something to get coin with." Zazzt chuckled, but stopped when Melythyl looked at the drow, displeasure obvious on his face. "Take care, lest this something devours your brains." His voice rang in all their minds. Just as Zazzt was about to respond, they returned to the Material Plane. Zazzt looked around, but it was pitch dark, but to his drow eyes, this was no problem, and Melythyl could "see" with his mind well enough to get a general picture of their terrain. "Tell me, elf, can you see?" Zazzt whispered.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Don't you think this torch would help?" he recited a scroll, and a magical torch appeared in his hand. "All my spells are made to help thieving, you should know that by now." he smiled. He did not have levitation or anything in the like, but he was crafty with his thieving spells. "Now, lead the way."
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The light from the torch showed a strange scene, the rubble had stopped around the temple, and made a sort of dome, with the temple in the center. On the floor of the dome were drow, standing, as if talking to one another, perfectly preserved, their clothes seemed to be unharmed throughout the temple's fall into the chasm. Zazzt and Melythyl turned around, looking at the strange drow, with Zazzt even taking a swing at a few, which only resulted in his sword ringing off of them, leaving them unharmed. A mumbled phrase later, his eyes opened wide, and his mouth fell to the floor "Well, from what I can tell, it appears those are living drow... but they seem to be in a time stop spell, even I can't weild that sort of magic," then his expression turned to utter glee, "This should be a fun 'expedition'." With that, he and Melythyl, his expression unreadable, started walking towards the temple. As they neared the doors, a glow formed around them. Zazzt tried to push them open, with no success, "Hm, well you are the muscle here, elf, how about you try your luck?"

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Well, this is stupid, but it is worth a shot with these tricks." searching his bag, he pulled out a few things. A lockpick, a dagger, and a flat piece of metal used to pry doors open. "Ummm... Take your pick." he shrugged. At least they had a chance.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt barely glanced at the items, "Well, they would work, but you overlook one small detail," His hand touched the glow, "I can't even touch the doors."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Hm. Well isn't that perfect." he groaned. He didn't exactly have a great way to best magic, even as a wizard. "Hmm...Well, then it is throwing hammers at them for us!" he chuckled. "I doubt this would work, but if people buy the lowliest of locks, the pettiest of them, I can shoot it with a spell and BOOMO! It's open." he thought. Drow were crafty bastards, it wouldn't work. "But that won't work. Usually it blows unlocked doors open."
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt stepped aside, "By all means, but I think this might help..." He waved his hands over the doors, and made a motion as though opening a sliding door, a small crack appeared in the glow, and started to grow larger. A second later, it disappeared, and Zazzt was also surrounded by the glow, gradually it dissapeared, and Zazzt was frozen in his position. Melythyl stood there for a minute, "This is bad, I cannot contact him."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Got any other ideas?" he asked. Lizarus thought he had gone through this before. "Because I don't"
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Many, unfortunately, most of them require Zazzt," Melythyl turned toward the door, "My magic is slightly more potent than Zazzt's, but if I was to become ensnared in this enchantment, then you will have no way of leaving this place. I agree with him concerning the fact that this is mighty magic indeed to be able to stop time, keep up that ward, and barrel past Zazzt's wards and contingencies... and I find this most unsettling..." "As well you should, child of Ilythiliad, and you Lizarus Alkavan." Said a female drow voice, "Now leave my temple, Zazzt De'Virdeen is lost to you now, and forever more, you, as [i:2zfnlx4n]iblith[/i:2zfnlx4n] do no belong here."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Since she said to, I'm leaving." he said seriously. "But first, this is mine." he shrunk Zazzt, like he did with his shovel and he can do to paralyzed comrades. "Now that that is done, can we leave now with zazzt?" he smiled. He liked that trick, it made things easier. Much easier, even though it expired at the slightest force of will from another freind.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: He wasn't paralyzed, its a time stop spell, practically it places you outside of time :), well within the powers of Lolth.
The world seemed to stand still for Lizarus, as he turned to go to the exit of the cavern, a tall beautiful drow femal stood there, with a giant spider at her side. Her robes seemed to be made of spidersilk, and little forms scurried over her body, "You are very impudent, for a male, do they not teach proper maners on the surface?" She said, petting the spider's head, while its mandible gnashed hungrily, as if longing to tear out Lizarus' throat, but held at bay by the power of the drow. " I think I will take him back, if you don't mind." With that, Zazzt appeared right next to her, looking stunned. "M-Mistress, what happened?" She smiled, "Kill the elf, and I will welcome you into my fold, you could be the Weapons Master of the House of Drow."
Zazzt smiled and drew his swords. "As you wish," He said, his left sword lunging at Lizarus.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Damn dirty drow." he mumbled. "Oh well, must it result to combat." he took out a hammer, but didn't attack. Instead, he tried to convince him. "Hey, drow number one, don't you remember YOU brought me here? It is all YOUR fault? Your on MY side? And drow number two, your an ass." he started, "you just pick on anyone you find, dont cha? DON'T CHA? Even little kids, BOOM! Stab em!" he yelled at the priestess. "You kill babies! LITTLE BABIES! To believe the eilistraee worshippers haven't dealt with you!" he said, fuming angrily. "NOW BOTH OF YOU, GET OUT OF THE DAMNED WAY!"
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Yes, my daughter's fools have left me alone, except for one... hmm, well she was dealt with accordingly. And two, watch your tounge, mortal" The drow smiled. "Foolish elf, do not waste your breath nor your time, he is mine now." She was still smiling as a pair of sword tips ripped out through her chest, Zazzt smiled over her shoulder, "I am sooo going to regret this." He said, just as the spider buried him under its bulk. But his attack had the desired effect, the drow slumped to the floor, and suddenly the world sped up again, Melythyl was suddenly over on the other side of the room, and the drow statues turned out to be actual living drow. The same feminine voice yelled out, "Kill the intruders my faithful. I DEMAND THEIR BLOOD ON MY ALTAR!!!" Lizarus felt a thin hand on his shoulder, suddenly he was back on the outcrop of rock from which they had lept.

Zyeke