Leaving the underdark...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

Leaving the underdark...

Post by Lizarus Alkaven »

"Bah, If I ever remember who brought me here... Oh yeah." He said madly, with a grin at the end. He was looking through a map, to see what place to go would be the best. "No treasure, no normal people, only drow, drow, drow! Should have researched more..."He said, saying every word angrily.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt watched the strange elf grumble to himself. He smiled inwardly, talking to oneself wasn't a popular practice in the Underdark, not if one wanted to live. That was why he found having his travel companion useful. Melythyl he was called, a mindflayer, from the city Illythkeep, he was exiled by the city's Overbrain, after Melythyl delved into long forgotten magics, discovering forgotten spells. But his true skill lay in psionics. He, being a mindflayer had an innate connection to the magics of the mind. Those he honed for long years, so for him, telepathy came easily.
Zazzt himslef wasn't a first year graduate of Melee-Magthere, or Sorcere for that matter. He was Weapons Master, and House Mage, of House De'Virdeen, the Lost House, of Ched Nassad. Zazzt nodded to Melythyl, who focused his attention upon the elf,
"What are you doing in my cavern, surface dweller?" His voice boomed in the elf's mind, "Speak swiftly, or I shall start tearing at your mind."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Ha. I know you mindflayers. Sticking you nose where it doesn't belong. I always think about one, I yelled to loudly in my mind he covered his ears. I then stabbed him. Leave me be." thought casually. He then looked for the tunnels he had to go through.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"You do not belong here, elf, I ask only once more, what is your purpose in my caverns.?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"I wish to leave this horrid place. There is no treasure here, why did I think there was?" He replied. "There is no gold, no veins for metal, everything here was probably taken by drow."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"True, that, most of the area around Ched Nassad has been long bereft of any valuables... But the city proper has plenty left to salvage, for those willing to dig through the rabble, that is." Zazzt and Melythyl walked out into the open, "Do not think that simply disabling the mindflayer would save you, surface dweller, for you are not prepared for the Underdark, despite your preperations."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Of course, no one is prepared anyways. The underdark is MUCH more than anyone thinks it is. But, if there is treasure to be found, I will search as hard as I can." He ended it with a small smile. "If I find one valuable thing, I will probably leave. Even though this place seems safe, it is the underdark." he finished.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Well, not many surface dwellers think like that, so I assume this isn't your first trip down here, eh?" Zazzt motioned to Melythyl and a door of shimmering energy appeared on the cavern wall, "if you are in search of treasure, Ched Nassad has plenty, if you wish it is right through there, we will even accompany you through, even go first, to show you it is safe."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Oh? Well, just the stories of drow and the stories of the underdark will set a traveler on guard. Believe it." he said heartily. "But, they do not know not all drow worship Lloth. I worship none." he said, reverting his cheerful tone to a casual one. "Anyway, Ched Nassad, Sounds like a fort. If I find anything drow made, image how it would look to the surface elves, like me. Well, lets push on to there." he said. Ched Nassad also sounded trapped, he thought to watch his step.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt chuckled, "Very well, boldly we go to face our doom, as you say on the surface...." When they stepped through the portal they arrived in a dark cavern, and the sounds of stone grating on stone, and the low grumble of a multitude languages spoken, "Ched Nassad is through there, have you an illusory magic?"

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Well,Charm is my best." he replied. "comes in handy." After reading the spell over, he asked, "Will I need that?" Even though it was buzzing with voices, he wasn't alarmed that he might get caught in the heist.
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Well, I do not think that you would like a meeting with the Matrons looking like, well you, and outside of that, charm will only get you killed." Zazzt nodded to Melythyl, and Lizarus felt a slight tingling over his skin, "Fear not, Melythyl has done nothing to you except make you look like me. Your lucky, not many people get a chance to wear my handsome face. The fact that your appearance is psionic will only make it harder to detect." With a wave of his hand, Zazzt and Melythyl walked out of the cavern into a much larger one. Faerie fire flickered all over the cavern's huge walls, illuminating only a small portion of the area, the cavern's ceiling and floor were lost in the darkness, and the far side was only seen as a shifting hue of violet, blue, or green light. Orcs, goblins and other "lesser races" scurried around on scaffolding, while drow stood on outcrops of rocks, whips ready to provide entertainment, Zazzt smiled, "Welcome to the First Teir of Ched Nassad."

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"Suddenly this place reminds me of Lloth worshiip..." he said with a slightly suprised tone. He didn't feel that lesser races should be tortured. And along with that, he didn't really care. "Hmm... I really can't believe your helping me. Anyway, any valuables?" he asked wickedly. He loved the excitment from stealinh
Image Click.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt chuckled, "Of course, if only you know where to find them." With that, he stepped off the ledge, and plummetted to the floor of the cavern, Melythyl just shook his head, and followed suit.

Zyeke
Lizarus Alkaven
Maid
Maid

"I know I'm insane for doing this..." he whispered quietly. He just followed them. Falling to the bottom of the cavern, he wondered what happened to be below. "What is below here anyway?" he asked, while falling.
Image Click.