[CAMPAIGN] A Short Jaunt, in Hell!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: It already is in Asmodeus' hands, here is the artifact's write up
The Discere Arcana is an ancient artifact crafted by the first god-king of the Thestlian Mageocracy. It is a scepter made of what looks to be pure ice, but it is said it is not cool to the touch. At all times, however, it radiates a blue glow that becomes extremely bright when the High Mage casts any spells. It remains within 5 feet of the High Mage at all times by levitating to follow the mage if he does not carry it.

When the current High Mage of the mageocracy dies, the Discere Arcana levitates six feet from the ground and then flies to the most powerful arcane spellcaster in the mageocracy. It moves at a speed of 300 ft. per round, and will avoid obstacles if it can. If it is trapped, it will attempt to turn itself ethereal to pass barriers. If it cannot do this, it will attempt to travel through either the astral plane or the shadow plane in order to find the new High Mage. If none of these options are possible, it will cast Maximized Disintegrate spells (CL 30) at the barriers until it is free.

Besides granting the wielder rulership of the Thestlian Mageocracy, the Discere Arcana empowers the High Mage. It has the following effects:

* The High Mage immediately gains 2 levels in an arcane spellcasting class when he is chosen by the Discere Arcana.
* The High Mage gains a bonus Epic feat even if he does not meet the prerequisites.
* The High Mage may count any caster level checks as if he rolled at least a 10, but he may roll to see if he got a higher number.
* The High Mage cannot be resurrected without a True Resurrection spell, and it can only happen after the Discere Arcana has found a new High Mage. His spell power is absorbed by the Discere Arcana on death. If he is resurrected, he comes back with 4 levels permanently lost and he will have forgotten many details of his life as a ruler. He will also look strikingly different, since his physical appearance was tied to the ruler created by the Discere Arcana and was taken by it on his death.

IC: Zazzt nodded, "That is what we are here to prevent, that the Discere Arcana chooses Asmodeus, and then he will have the magic of a god, and a country of mages at his beck and call. However, if what you felt in that cave is a holy artifact, then we must retrieve it, nothing we have now could harm Asmodeus." With that, he set off into the cave.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

As Zazzt and Gareth entered the cave they were surprised to see a chest at the end of a long rocky hallway, Filled with many dark corridors and doors along the path, But at the end Gareth could see a scepter, A fine white and gold colored scepter Witch looked like the Scepter of the Mageocracy.

"Zazzt, I can see the scepter, But that hallway looks like it could be filled with demons in either rooms. "

Gareth snuck forward towards the scepter quietly and carefully.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him, and he waved his hand. Little flashes of light filled the corridor as rune after rune deactivated, and wards and traps were laid bare, without their illusionary hiding. The scepter at the end of the corridor became the corpse of a humanoid, with the joints of where wings would grow out of still visible, "You see?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OK then, Are you saying we give up? There must be something at the end of this tunnel if there willing to guard it so heavily. C'mon we can both try to disable all these traps.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"I agree, but it is not the sceptre, these wards were not particularly strong, if Asmodeus had laid these, I could not have removed them. But in any case, I am of a like mind, we should explore this further." Zazzt walked over to the skeleton, "These are the bones of a angel, and a powerful one..." He lifted a pendant out of its ribs, a crescent moon, with a sword over it, "What symbol is this?"

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"It looks like Corelan Latherian's symbol, Except with a sword" He truely had no idea what it could have been, he knew most of the dietys symbols but nothing like this.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "Perhaps you know?" He asked, turning to Myna.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

((If you look up her sybol it either has a drow in it or its infront of a full moon but ok! Thanks for the info))

She pulled the symbol from his hands studying it thoughtly, she closed her eyes, briefly.

"It's Eilistraee's" she said softly in reverance.

"Ussta Jabbress, vel'bol uriu uri'shoelt, vel'bol 'udtila nindol hass'l?" she asked softly, it seemed to someone but not to either one of them.

She grapsed the holy symbol and spent a moment acctually sensing through the layers and across the holy symbol.

(First : Communication with her Patron diety for answers
Second : Checking the item for any special abilities it may hold within - identification//scry)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

It was a normal holy symbol, with no special qualities, that Myna could discern, except for some residual holiness that would make her spell more powerful. Zazzt looked at Myna, "So, what did you godess tell you?"

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She looked over at him, someone who noticed and didn't think she was completely crazy. She tended to not talk about it, sure if anyone paid close enough attention you could tell but she didnt broadcast it.

"Nothing of use, this is just one of her older holy symbols, we use a more common one now a days" she said frowning "It has not much in the way of magical power however"

((If you want me to have info on what happened to it let me know via PM. That kinda info I need from you if not I'll just play it that she was given no further info))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Lol, yea.. I should have thought of that.

IC: Zazzt nodded, "Hmm, what do you think, should we continue on in this passage, or return?"

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I think if a powerful asimar got killed here, we shouldent be poking around too much." Gareth muttered under his breath in a worried voice.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at Gareth, "That would have been an angel." He looked around, and in any case, I do not think that the angel was killed here. There would have been more blood, and more devil's bones."

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She crouched down and laid a hand over the bones of the deceased creature. And said a small prayer before she rose up again her eyes meeting with the two.

"It has been dead for quite some time, whatever the reason such things happen within the layers of hell, as sad as it is. However decide your course I am here but to assist, I would not sudgest we tarry too long however it is dangerous to stay in one place too long in such a place as we are currently inhabiting"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, and started walking back towards the exit of the cave. Just as soon as he exited, a Crimson scaled fiend, from its bestial head to its clawed toes. From its back spread great batlike wings. Foul green
venom drips from its teeth, sending up streams of smoke wherever
it falls. Cinched around its waist is a belt of a dozen shrieking angel
heads, their necks neatly severed by the massive flaming sword the
creature holds in his clawed fist, "I did not give you leave to leave my layer. Bow before Bel, Lord of the First."

Zyeke