[CAMPAIGN] A Short Jaunt, in Hell!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

[CAMPAIGN] A Short Jaunt, in Hell!

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

As this is my first time, I don't have any particular restrictions, any level, and any classes, but maximum of four people. Send me a message if you are interested, and I will see if I can fit you in.

For millenia untold, the nine Demon Lords of Hell have been sending raids on the Prime Material Plane, and each time the raid has brought back items, be it artifacts of power, or other amusments for the Nine. But the last raid has gone too far. They have stolen the Discere Arcana, a scepter of the Mageocracy, and Asmodeus, the current possesor of the staff, might become the next High Mage, giving Hell a strong foot hold on Earth. The gods decree that this cannot happen.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at the man seated in front of him, "So, you have been appraised of our situation?" He asked, wary of the loyalty of the teifling in front of him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Yes, i am weary of the situation, Don't worry im not the kind of tiefling to double cross you, friend. I am a Ranger for the forces of good, and I needed something to do."

Gareth said, Twiddling his thumbs ready to begin the dangerous mission.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"We shall see," He chuckled, "Although I suppose I am not one to judge, eh?" Zazzt stood up, "Have you packed everything you need, if so, let us be off, Asmodeus will not wait."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I have packed everything i need for the mission, I just need to do one thing..." He said as he walked out side and through a series of taps points, His hawk Scrap was sent flying back to the nest be build inside the attic of the Half moon inn.

"OK, Im ready now" Said Gareth, Slinging his pack over his back.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, and cast a spell that created a circular door of light, that shimmered with immages of a strange and tortured land. "Come on then." He said, and stepped through.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

As soon as Gareth had stepped had stepped through the portal he could not believe his eyes, He was in hell, Demons and tortured souls scattered across the cracked and dry ground along with the rivers of lava.

"Oh this is sure to be an interesting experience."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As far as the eye could see, the land was nothing more than charred rubble, with the occasional stream of lava eating away at the stone. Across the sky, fireballs flew, some hit within sight, and exploded over the ground, reducing more of the rubble into finer peices of rubble. Zazzt and Gareth appeared on a small outcrop of rock, right over a small iron tower, possibly one of Dispater's outposts. The tower was swarming with various devils, mostly quasits, a few bearded devils. "Do you by any chance know any drow hand code?" Zazzt whispered to Gareth, "Or any other common form of hand speech?"

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

He Said back in a form of common sign language that the mute/deaf communicate with. "Yes I do, almost all of the common sign languages in fact. Don't even ask where or how I learned, What's the plan?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

'Simple," Zazzt signed back, 'Avoid the small army of pathetic devils and try and make it past Tiamat onto the next level of Hell... or we could try and stowaway on Charon's Ship, down the River Styx. Which choice do you prefer?" Just as he finished signing those words, a trio of quasits flew over the ridge, and seeing them squealed, and darted down again, "Kill them." Zazzt said, and pulling out a wand, shot a trio of magic missiles at them. Two got hit in the wing, and they plummeted to the ground, squealing all the way, the third took the blast in the back, a painful hit, but not fatal.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth saw the pathetic demon falling down towards the ground, He ran over to the position it was falling and waited until it was in range.

With his powerful sword he swung it at the demons chest, Cleaving it clean in half and stomping on its still moving head. Crushing it into a fine red paste.

He signed to his partner "Charon's ship sounds the stealthier way."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "We shall see." He turned towards the rock, and cast an illusion, one that transformed him into a pit fiend, and touching Gareth repeated the process, 'Do you have any means of flight?" He signed. With his other hand, he touched the clasp of his cloak, and it grew into a pair of bat wings, he crouched down, trying to hide his form.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth signed back "Unfortunately no, how do you suppose i will get there?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"By flying, of course..." Zazzt reached into his pack, and pulled out a flying carpet, "We shall have some trouble explaining this... but nonetheless, lets give it a try, eh?" And with that, his wings beat once, twice, and Zazzt was off, following the red ribbon of fire that was the River Styx, hoping to find the only boat capable of navigating it.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth followed close behind looking for the same boat. After a couple of minutes of flying Gareth saw the boat.

"Wait, Look! over there by the shore! I can see the boat. Were going to have to land a little bit away so the others don't see us stow away."