[CAMPAIGN] A Short Jaunt, in Hell!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Charon looked at her, and started to laugh, quietly, "Foolish female, this is a matter of principal. They dared to stow away on my ship, the drow has paid, now it is time for the hell spawn." He stomped on Zazzt's head, reducing it to a stain on his deck. He then turned to Gareth, "Come, it is now your turn."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She stood shocked for a moment then the voices rang in her head again and she moved to stand between Charon and Gareth. She had to stop it from comming to pass, her heart tundered and the pain of the loss of life infront of her could have driven her away but she refused, refused to loose them both if she had any other chance. She stayed passive though, she did not wish to fight with him, she knew how that would end and she was not prepared for it.

"Foolish as I am young, it is true however there has to be a way to change your mind? No? There are always things more valuable than there mere lives of two pittiful stow aways. I beg of you, think before you strike again. Consider"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Wench, move out of the way, or you too will pay the price!" Charon whispered loudly, "The drow is dead, I imagine that his spirit will come to me soon." As if on cue, Zazzt's headless body stood up uneasily and drew its swords. With two wicked cuts, it carved through Charon's neck, and his head rolled free. Suddenly, Charon turned to mist, that was blown away. Zazzt's body fell to the ground again, motionless
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She wasnt sure how to react, she wanted to be horrified, she wanted to kick and scream and get them all the hell out of here, all at the same time. Instead she took the moments she needed to compose herself.

Screaming told her to get Zazzt and Gareth and get the hell off the boat. She obeyed them by looking to Gareth.

"Get him please, and come on, we have to get out of here. Charon is an immortal, he wont stay down"

she didnt know anything about Zazzt, but she knew he deserved better than to be left to die on this death trap of a boat, she had failed him but it was not the start or the end of her troubles.

(Gonna wait for Gareth to get up and respond now :D)
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

While Gareth and Myna talked, the ship rocked horribly, and the prow of the boat started to dematerialize, turning to smoke, and spreading rapidly.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Getting Zazzt and carrying his once most well know friend was not an easy task, But he obeyed and picked Zazzts dead lifeless, Headless, Dead body off the ground and carried him like a child. And hung his head in shame. Thinking that if he had tried he could have saved him.

"Ok... lets get off this ship..." Gareth whispered quietly Following Myna.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

They barely made it in time, and just as Gareth stepped on the ground their section turned into smoke. Unfortunately for them the trio was now stranded on the plane of Dispater, the Iron Duke.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OCC: Trio? The second member had his brains bashed out against the floor :o

IC: "Oh god, Now where are we? I don't think were going to make it without some assistance, I mean sure we have you now but me and Zazzt alone were just barely getting by, Your a cleric Cant you resurrect him?."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Well, if it elicits such strong feelings about Zazzt dieing...

IC: Zazzt's body slowly started to melt, after a few seconds, it was nothing more than a pile of snow. Zazzt shimmered into visibility, a little to its side, strings attached to his fingers, leading down to the puddle at his feet, "Damn devils... and I was beggining to think that I could go through this whole thing with out having to turn visible..." He smiled, "Ah well."

Zyeke
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Well I really dont know myself, I just didn't want my friends to be dissappointed :).

IC: Zazzt turned around, looking at the River Styx, "Well, come along then, we still have a long way to go, and not much time to do it in." With that, he started walking along the bank, whistling merrily.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

OOC: Nah I was just RPing it out.

IC: Gareth continued along the 2nd level of hell with myna, Seeing a strange cave along the path they were following, It seemed to have a divine essence coming out of it, Gareth knew one of the artifact was there, The tiefling could sense the holyness coming from the cave, It irritated his skin like he had bug bites or a rash.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt noticed Gareth's discomfort, "What is the matter, is there something amiss?" He asked, also looking at the cave.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"I don't know, But what ever it is its defiantly coming from that cave"
As they got closer the rash eventually stopped when they got in-front of the cave, "Must have been a test to keep the lesser demons away." He knew that most of the demons would have gone running away bu not for him, He endured and the item realized this, And realized his good nature and stopped the discomfort.

"There's obviously something holy in that cave, What do you think Myna?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, "Perhaps, but the item we seek is not here, Asmodeus would not keep such a prize far away from himself. Nor is it holy, it is a staff, that greatly enhances magical strength, but its quirk is that it chooses the weilder, if Asmodeus holds the staff for long enough, his magic would rival that of Azuth himself."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

We must destroy such an object, Just imagine what could happen if Asmodues got his filthy hands on it. We cant let this fall into the hands of evil."