Buried alive!

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Millek
Maid
Maid

Buried alive!

Post by Millek »

[i:1dqvfh9j]Skulking out of the shadows, an animate form is barely discernable to all but the keenest eyes, as the shape seems to mimic the colors and darkness of its surroundings. It innevitably abandons secrecy of location as it removes from a small bag on its back, a simple hooded cloak, and dons it, then enters the light, carefully, with shortbow at the ready, and an arrow knocked, wary of the gates it approaches.

Leaving the shadows behind, the creature under the hood and cloak, lends only a few subtle hints to its nature, a small stature, a minimal view of forearms and hands, and a bit of tail, that flicks and lashes as the figure moves with caution and anxiety toward the gates. A lizard from the looks of things, that calls up,[/i:1dqvfh9j] "Let Sariss pass!"

[i:1dqvfh9j]He looks to be alone, though on the other hand, he could be the forward scout of a larger hunting party. Whoever is on watch has a tough call here.[/i:1dqvfh9j]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

A guard looks down at the figure with a ready short bow.

"Put away the arrow and bow and you can enter. Coming ready to battle is not coming in peace."
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

[i:3p1bn528]A flicker of tongue, a shift of stance, the hooded figure turns to aim the bow away into the darkness, away from the gate, and again it demands,[/i:3p1bn528] "Let Sariss pass!"[i:3p1bn528]In addition adding,[/i:3p1bn528] "Away with my bow, when ssafely I am insside. You are many, Sariss is one, death falls upon me anyway if I lie."

[i:3p1bn528]Genuine fear, or a trick, the lizard under the hood is not likely to lower its bow, while the possible dangers of the Underdark wilderness can pose an immediate threat to it. The lizard does have a point however, it's baddly outnumbered, if it attempts an attack once beyond the gate.

A curiouser matter might be, what a creature native to temperate jungles and swamps, is doing in down here.[/i:3p1bn528]
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The guard considers the action of the bow being turned away, pulls a signal robe and a small bell might be heard by the visitor. Such devivies however are low tone and meant to be heard only within, only the keenist of hearing should hear it.

"You may enter as long as your weapon looks away. I will cover you for your protection as you enter"

The gates slowly start to open.

"Enter as you will"
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

A tall form watches them both from above, settled into a squat. Her eyes narrow as she stares at the lizard, eyes flickering from the gate to the guard, and then back to the lizard. Her lower lip curls in disgust. How could the other guard be so trusting? She levels out a strong crossbow, making no sound, but shifts slightly, coming just in the range of the lizard's sight. She would not be the one to get in trouble if he posed more of a fool.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

[i:2axyfavj]The lizard realizes quite plainly it is in danger aplenty already, the archer on the wall, dipping into its field of vision with an aimed crossbow, causes it to hiss in irritation, as it backs slowly in behind the gates, keeping the shortbow aimed at the opening, until well behind the doors. Finally the bow is dropped, the knocked arrow returned to a quiver concealed under the cloak, and the hood subsequently dropped.

The lizard beneath changes in color, from the nigh black shades of the rocky terrain outside, to a vibrant green, striped in spots with bands of black, and up it calls to the guards,[/i:2axyfavj] "Sariss thanks you, and damns the name Halaster for ssstealing me from my clan, and burying me in these caves."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

The gates close after you enter. The guard speaks.

"There is here food and water for you here. I know not of this Halaster you speak, however in friendship a guide to your home might be provided or other way for you to return home."

The voice comes from over your head and if you look up you might see small holes in the ceiling. As you look about fot the food and water, should you choose to seek either you see that there is an inner gate between you and the community. There indeed is a table and chair that sit in the middle that contains food and water for you to eat. Some food clearly designed for creatures other then what you might consider a meal, however there should be enough there that could feed three of your kind.

"Eat now, then we can talk more about how we can help a friend more."

OOC: Arya I work security for many locations, why not trust me this time? *wink*
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{OOC: Haha ^^ I'll keep that in mind next time :p}

The other guard lowers her own bow, diamond-slit irises staring straight out at the guard and Sariss. As she speaks, her voice is slightly high-pitched, with a rather reptilian slur.

"We welcome you." she says in a soft voice, her weapon, although lowered and facing away from Sariss, still visible. She seems slow to trust. "You were taken from your family?"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

[i:3vbmbxh0]Consideration is given to the food and drink, and for a brief second he thinks to object the fare of this 'food', bu then in these seemingly desolate caves he accepts, though does not seat himself, cautious of placing himself in a vulnerable position. Water is much appreciated to slake the thirst of much traveling without rest, and he samples some of the meat, while explaining, with his own slur,[/i:3vbmbxh0] "This Halaster, he is a human wizard, whom they say suffers a great madness. He speaks in rhymes and riddles, and controls a dungeon of great infamy. He steals all manner of race and beast from their homelands, forcing them to live in his dungeon and do battle with the adventurers who enter there. Sariss tried to assassinate him after he thought to make me one of his pets. Instead of just kill me, he sends me to die in this dark world."

[i:3vbmbxh0]He has not forgotten the female, nor missed her strange eyes, his attention turns to them a number of times, before he would lock his gaze with her, and demand,[/i:3vbmbxh0] "Come down and reveal yourself. Sariss would know why kin, hide their face from him."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Sariss The guard speaks "As long as you remain at peace you will not die here. In time another will come and speak with you to help you find a safe path home." Of course there is always the risk that a massed attack could kill all of the community, however such is not to be voiced. "I will return to my watch to make sure nothing followed you to this place."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt warily regarded the drow on the lizard, perhaps he would reveal the way into Undermountain, so that Zazzt could kill Halaster in a mage-duel to prove his power. He waited crossed the gates, than casting an ivisibility spell, darted in after them, just before the gates closed.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

[quote="NathreeDe'Shezbron":3o8257go]Zazzt warily regarded the drow on the lizard, perhaps he would reveal the way into Undermountain, so that Zazzt could kill Halaster in a mage-duel to prove his power. He waited crossed the gates, than casting an ivisibility spell, darted in after them, just before the gates closed.[/quote:3o8257go]

OOC:
There is no Drow on a lizard.
It actually is unlikely that you could enter the gates before making self invisable without being attacked.
Last until another player returns there is not much to do.
IC:

You enter the same trap that Sariss has entered. A caged room with gates on the one side and bars on the other. There on a table is food for you to eat.
Millek
Maid
Maid

Post by Millek »

OOC:

It's taken me forever, to understand Zazzt's post, no offense meant, just the wording, and only a minor lack of a few bits of punctuation left me with some difficulty reading it, and deciding how to respond.

IC:

[i:394326b0]A studious stare rests on the peculiar female, whom he has demanded to see in full, for moments, oblivious to the invisible mage, sneaking behind him. Would that he knew a way back into the 'Mad Mage's' dungeons, he would not be here to tell anyone, but making a second attempt to remove his head as a trophy for the honor of the Poison Dusk Clan. Multiple attempts in fact, or until it killed him, or he found his way back to Toril. All that aside, he proposes to the guard,[/i:394326b0] "It is well known there are few routesss betwen this place and Toril that do not require a portal, often controlled by an archmage, else Sariss is certain you might have invaded long ago, were reaching it ssso easy. In either cassse unless you mean to make Sariss your prisoner, he requestsss to be let through, else place him in a cage, ssso he may know wether he is welcome, or taken advantage of."