Guidepoints

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Spider
Maid
Maid

Guidepoints

Post by Spider »

The wanderer had set aside his usual attire and means of protection since he had first arrived to the temple. His garb was little more than a set of spidersilk tunic and leggings. The sleeves drooped over his wrists as he shuffled down the halls.

"What is it..." His voice was whisper-quiet, but he had found himself voicing out his thoughts more often than internalizing them these days. "No, not what... why do I allow this ability to make me feel... inferior in this place?" A glance was made by him down to his fingers, before turning his attention back to where he was going. His feet stopped as he neared one of the devotional rooms of the temple. He shifted his body to lean against the wall, his hearing turned towards whatever he could gather from the room.

"Does the Dark Maiden accept all of us... even me?"
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

Laelithra had sighted the male a bit before he'd made his way out into the devotional chambers, and the strange countenance of apprehension he carried was somehow familiar. What else could an outcast Llothite feel when she'd lied her way into a community of Elistrraeens? But the protection was worth it, and slipping under to radar had proved invaluable.

"It seems that the Dark Maiden accepts us all, and then some," she offered, stepping out of the eve she'd been observing from and into the doorway. She shook her long hair from her shoulders, so that it fell to her back.

Today the drow was dressed a little more war-like, since she'd just come in from a patrol. Light padding and snug leather armor. Laelithra had also yet to retire her longsword, which still hung at her hips. Her silvery brows were lowered in slight derision; what sort of male carried on, speaking to himself?
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

With a silent song on her lips, listens as the two speak with each other. The answer appears right, however still unsure about either of them. One uncertain the other her spoken word sounds a warning. Not that all that visitors need to worship the Dark Maiden, just not fight against her teachings. Reaches to lift her harp starts to strum a common tune and starts to walk to the two. Softly gives voice to the song. "A rightful place awaits you in the Realms Above, in the Land of the Great Light. Come in peace and live beneath the sun again where trees and flowers grow." the opening stanza as she steps closer to you both.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

The first drowess, the one in armor, had caught him in mid-vocal thought. He shifted his eyes upwards, shifting around his body position and language. "That is what I've heard." The last part of her sentence concerned him somewhat. What did she mean by "and then some?" He didn't remember having seen the drowess until now.

He then thought he could pick up another tone, and indeed the strums of the other lady's harp brought his attention to the musician. "Don't take my words as meaning hostility towards your goddess. This is a period of adjustment for myself... I haven't been in such settings like these for many moons." He looked again to the armored one, a bit intrigued as she sat her hair down.
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

Laelithra smiled softly and tipped her head forward, a silent, respectful acknowledgment to the approaching female. Then her eyes turned back to the male, continuing in on in her train of thought. "The sun might make you dizzy for many seasons to come, but in time you feel as though you've lived here your entire life. Soon you will travel as easily by the light of the sun as you do the moon. Is this not true, Sister?" The drow again looked back at the musician, regarding how delicately her hands strummed the harp. Delicate, but beguiling strength, she sensed.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Spider "My son there is nothing that you need to be sorry about. Lady Silverhair acepts many even before they want to be acepted or know they want to be. I know it can be hard," Eyes glacne to Laelithra "when some even speak in kindness can add to the doubts of a guest."

Laelithra Smiles to you. "Daughter, it is indeed true that for some it takes seasons for one to adjust to the true purpose and dream of the Lady of the Dance. That though depends much on how much moonlight, sunlight and underdark time one spends. It also appears to depend on the blessings of the Dark Maiden that can aid or inhibit adjustment."

Baecyrl steps closer to the both of you. Her hair long, travessing over the back of sides of her silver gown. The only weapon that might be seen is a small sword that hangs from her neck.

"But enough of this, it is time to eat and all are welcome.?
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider looked to Bhaern and let out a small smile. "Of course. Perhaps a meal will help me get more comfortable." He put his hands together at the fingertips and drew them apart, fine strands of silk stretching from one to the other. One strand crossed with another until it formed a cradle, which he continued to manipulate as he looked over to Laelithra. "How long, may I ask, have you been a part of this temple?"
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

"Sounds charming," Laelithra said agreeably, falling into step alongside the pair of drow, twining a finger in her uncut hair, frowning a moment at the uneven strands. Then Spider's query had caught her attention, and by the time Laelithra looked up she'd already formulated her response.
"Six passings of the moon, I reckon," she paused, bright red eyes turned upwards thoughtfully. "Yes, six months I believe."

Nearly six months to the day that she'd buried her beloved armor, charms, tokens, and other personal effects and had walked into the Dark Maiden's arms.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

"That is quite a time. It is not as many that I have been here... I have yet to take the steps that you have." He put his hands back together and brushed the silk strands away. "I guess I've been more than a little apprehensive of how the Dark Maiden would react to a... weaver like myself. Others I have met in the past have reacted to it as a symbol of what they see wrong with our kind, to the contrary as I'm sure you're aware."
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

"Nonsense," Laelithra said, shaking her head once. "Those who cannot separate we few from those below are simply bigoted beyond much help. And the Dark Maiden seems to appreciate all talents brought into her fray," she nodded sidelong to Spider. "Weaving is something found in many surface races. Its not all so uncommon." Laelithra folded her arms, straightening her back and stretching for a moment. Those long patrols were bringing back familiar weariness.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

Spider nodded in reply. "It may be an ordinary activity to some, but with many of the surface folk who have heard of our allegiances many of our kind make to the Spider Queen, they see this and allow their conclusions to form hastily. I am certain that the followers of the Dark Maiden, including yourself, do not see this as such." The strands formed from his fingertips again and formed into a thin, palm-sized sheet resembling the crescent moon. He held out the patch to Laelithra with a smile. "Consider it my first act of kindness towards the Dark Maiden. If anything, I'm sure it'd amuse her."
Laelithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Laelithra »

"And rightly so that the Dark Maiden would be enchanted by such craft," Laelithra said, accepting the patch between two fingers with a smile she hoped didn't look too convincing. "Truly lovely," she remarked, turning it over in her hand once before tucking it into her belt. Perhaps she was imagining it, but Lloth be damned it the patch didn't tingle a bit.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

"Thank you." Spider nodded, returning her smile. The patch would probably remain on her person for as long as she decided to take good care of it. Unlike magic, it was at no risk of disappearing into the ether in a matter of hours. "Oh yes... were you on your way to the devotional chamber before we started talking?... I've honestly never seen services inside of one before."
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

OOC: This character is named Baecyrl (female Drow Cleric)

IC:

"Spider and indeed a meal will be provided for you." She smiles to you while noting your web spinning ability. "Many believe we of the Chosen hate spiders, this like other unturths in time would need to be taught. The silk of my gown is in part made from sprder silk, freely given" Glances to Laelithra.

"Now the issue we have with the Dark Queen and spider kisses is the evil that spiders sometimes do beyound their will. Spiders can be great friends and they can be good spies.. Thus always a balance of friendship and caution. Laelithra you look like you have be armored for a long time perhaps you would like to remove it before we eat. I can offer you clothes quickly if you agree"

Listens to Spiders question about time at the temple replis, "Only a short time, perhaps 20 winters now"

Leads the two of you toward the dinning room.
Spider
Maid
Maid

Post by Spider »

"Perhaps something to eat will put my mind at ease." Spider nodded, looking to Laelithra. "Will you be joining us?"