Agmasek, the Shadow Dragon...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Argent
Maid
Maid

Post by Argent »

((Giving the idea that my skimming didn't leave out the impression that you all left the gate.))

"[color=teal:3rqwjc2q]Woe the ignorance of children that dream of the skies. They are of blue in color, vast and empty. Nothing empty gives a filling swoon.[/color:3rqwjc2q]" The riddle of words would imply from his Cheshire maw. Argent, a code name or title to this oddity worshiper of death, but still housed as a Magisterial of his Goddess and her temple inside the walls. It's obvious that any worshiper of undeath cannot be trusted, but their ties to necromancy have always been helpful to the judicial and matron housings that confine the cost of the cities upkeep. Unwanted, but needed, the sacrifice was deemed long ago.

"[color=teal:3rqwjc2q]Pity that such ignorance still lays in our vast cities of swarming drones, is it not?[/color:3rqwjc2q]" That coy smile, like a viper ready to strike it's venom as he lured his vision to the Dwarf.

Feminine in stance with his heels at halt, he stood with a sway to his right side hip, frail and graceful in his pose. What was striking about him beyond that eerie elaboration of feminine charm in this man's body, was the alloy like limbs of his legs from knee down, and the mutated and long right arm. They were indeed metal, but flowed and bent with the sound of moaning worked adamantine, yet flowed lightly of flesh. Even his skin held a gentle silver shine, illuminant to sparkle ever so subtle like a hint for guessing.

"[color=teal:3rqwjc2q]Why dwarf, it seems you need a new set of armor. What once fit you well to hide that unearthly stench seems to be letting loose those pits of dastardly horrid. When was the last time you cleansed yourself in something other than your own vomit after a good day's ale?[/color:3rqwjc2q]" The insult quick and lewd to roll smoothly from his tongue, almost second nature and flawless from thought. Even if that was the case, the Dwarf would be keen to upset one of a well organized yet mysterious church of Kiaransalee.

Only moments would pass with that thoughtful glance at the young man so blindly halting off the Dragon. So Naive and young, it reminded him of himself in a way, except this young man wasn't exactly in his right mind of his place in the world, let alone where that place may be.

"[color=teal:3rqwjc2q]You there, what clan do you reside from?[/color:3rqwjc2q]" Almost insulting to even ask such a thing so openly for all to hear, such things could cause trouble, yet Argent only cooed mentally at the idea of his mocking instrument to strum a few insults back his way.
Last edited by Argent on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian turned to face the speaker and his eyes narrowed in distaste. The city supposedly had a use for ones like this, but Adian could not see it. Nevertheless he squared himself and faced the stranger. He kept his voice low so as not to alert the dragon of his presence...though given the legendary senses they were said to possess the effort may have been fruitless.

"No clan that I am aware of," he said politely, if a bit stiffly. "I come from the Promenade of Undermountain, a place that has no use for clans and such divisions."

This was the Minimum Correct Thing, and as far as the young drow was concerned it was all that was necessary.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:3hln8dyf]Agmasek smiles wide at his friend, listening to her dreams, commenting,[/i:3hln8dyf]"Perhaps, once you're a little older though, and know how to defend yourself, I hear Toril is a much more dangerous place."

[i:3hln8dyf]Crooning he nods to the rest, and lets out a near thunderous purr at that little hand on his leg. Musing on playing with her, and pondering posing as a sort of uncle to her perhaps, he also reviews the caves he has to choose from, and finally grins and gives her a lick on the cheek, making at as small as he can, but still pretty big,[/i:3hln8dyf] "Perhaps when my lair is presentable, you'll be allowed to sleep over too. I would dig out a room just for you."

------------------------------------

[i:3hln8dyf]Had it not been for Adian's voice being heard so recently, and the dragon's even more recent admiration of his courage, his stiff-toned voice might not have drawn any attention. He had almost entirely dismissed it, while minding Assiri, but when his eyes fall upon the undead thing confronting the boy, his voice quite literally booms back across to where they are, with all the venomous disgust his voice can muster,[/i:3hln8dyf] "Lich!"[i:3hln8dyf] And with that, he shields Assiri beneath a wing, and glares at the undead, poised and ready to demolish at any reasonable provocation.[/i:3hln8dyf]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:2t6295sb]Lich?[/i:2t6295sb]

Adian's stance changed instantly, hand to the sword on his back. He had heard vague descriptions of the wretched things, mages or priests whose thirst for imortality or power had led them to take the step into an undead existence. He had never imagined he would ever be confronted with one of them, and so he had not recognized the creature standing before him.

Yet the white elf before him [i:2t6295sb]looked [/i:2t6295sb]alive. His eyes narrowed as he opened himself to one of the gifts of his goddess, and saw the malicious, poisonous heart that resided in the speaker.

"Who are you?" he demanded fiercely, almost but not quite drawing his weapon.
Argent
Maid
Maid

Post by Argent »

"[color=teal:15wo8d1z]Who am I coos the little birdy, and Lich screams the ignorant and elder.[/color:15wo8d1z]" A coo of pleasure leaving his lips only to find embrace with covering fingers. His hips swayed ever so lightly with the start of his steps forward, no embrace of offensive or defensive motion, not even that much as a means to protect himself.

"[color=teal:15wo8d1z]In the end I am meither a who, or a what. Lich is a term I don't not recognize myself as, I am still living, and embrace my existence until my goddess sees differently. And second, this body is named Argent to nickname the silver sheen about my skin.[/color:15wo8d1z]" A mocking bow with a lower of his hand from his lips and pressed to his stomach. It was a low, normally submissive bow to prove lack of wealth or ranking position, but it was obvious that this 'snake' held no such values.

"[color=teal:15wo8d1z]It's a sad world when one must judge the natural means of death as if an act of evil. I am simply one who worships the idea of afterlife, is there something wrong with that?[/color:15wo8d1z]" His ranting continued as he stepped forward, slowly stepping around the young Drow with detailed nearly lustful eyes.

"[color=teal:15wo8d1z]Honestly You cannot have life without death, it's inevitable, not the end, but a means. Why fear something that's so natural to continue the cycle of life? "Those milky silver iris glaring over to the Dragon. "Even one of your nature can understand that you cannot have one without the other, without death, life could not continue. It would be miserable and hoth.[/color:15wo8d1z]" A chuckle of delight before halting himself in front of the young Drow, only a foot out of reach and far inside a striking range. He held no fear, no motive to attack, he was simply testing this man to see if he would strike down this 'evil' named as Argent, or if he would come to his senses to understanding that cycle only previously spoken of.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian did not relax his slightly splayed stance, stepping carefully to keep the strange elf from getting in too closely under his reach.

"Natural death is nothing I fear," Adian said, his handstill on his weapon but still not yet drawing it. "When it comes for me I will not cower for I will be taken into the hands of the Lady.

"You, however, are [i:20yut7wi]not[/i:20yut7wi] about natural death," he said, his eyes meeting those of the bizarre Argent and not looking away. "Indeed, I suspect there is little 'natural' about you at all. I can feel the hatred in your veins and suspect madness in your mind."

It was then that Adian noticed that the man's right arm was not merely armored but entirely metal, and possibly his legs as well.

[i:20yut7wi]What in the name of the Lady is this man?[/i:20yut7wi]
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:18s56vrs]Agmasek too, remains reluctant to lower his guard, he hasn't the gifts that Adian calls upon, to tell the difference, between a true undead state, and living, but for appearances, the thing addressing the paladin, [b:18s56vrs]appears[/b:18s56vrs] to be a lich to him. When the things speaks to him of death, he answers with a venomous snarl,[/i:18s56vrs] "A dragon worth his honor, faces the Twilight, head on, but for your sake let us hope your fascination with death, does not extend to harming these people."

[i:18s56vrs]He does not state any outright threats, but they are soundly implied. Realize it or not, he has even declared Adian under [b:18s56vrs]his[/b:18s56vrs] protection. It amuses him a little, though this amusement doesn't show, how convenient this creature is to show where his intentions truly lie. As for facing death, when his time comes he hopes to undertake an Ascension Ritual. Mind focused back on the matter at hand, he keeps his watch over little Assiri, and waits for a wrong move, or someone of ranking authority to speak for the creature called Argent, and establish wether he be an enemy, or an ally.[/i:18s56vrs]
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She was about to answer Agmasek just as he saw Argent, and, calling out Lich, covered her.

Assiri slowly moved towards Agmasek under his wing and came out a little closer to the dragon than she was before. She had heard of Liches in stories, but when she asked Faine what they were, her guardian would always shake her head and smile, saying that there was no need for her to worry about them, for they would never come here.

Wide crimson eyes peeked out from under the shadow dragon's wing, peering at Argent. Her gaze followed from the Lich to Adian, and then back to Agmasek, uncertain of what was occuring. She gathered there was something unnatural about him, from his outward appearance to the way Adian and Agmasek acted to him.

"Is something wrong?" she whispers softly to Agmasek, in an attempt to mask her voice.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Argent
Maid
Maid

Post by Argent »

((My inspiration is shot, but I suppose this will do. >.>;))

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]Natural death says the inexperienced.[/color:2bdowieu]" A snicker leaving his maw of pleasant curl only to eye the woman so defended by the dragon.

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]Indeed what IS wrong? In truth your friends here seem a bit paranoid over their petty judgment over a fellow Drow, even before that of an outsider.[/color:2bdowieu]" His eyes falling upon the Dragon with a sinister narrow.

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]It's truely insulting to our people that they would rather look to their own that honestly speaks his position, only to reply with insult and mockery, and take the side of a scaly Wurm who could very simply lie his true reason for being here. Honestly, what have we come to when we take the words of others with such ease, let alone strangers that aren't even of our own kin.[/color:2bdowieu]" With that he would continue to grace his milky vision to the Dragon, simply walking closer, testing them, mentally begging them to strike or attack.

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]I bare no weapons, I pose no pouches of sacrifice to bound my spells. And you." His finger pointing to the boy.[/color:2bdowieu]" You pose the greatest threat with your ignorance. Taking the side of one we know little about in personality and race, than to acknowledge the truth of my worship. It would do you respect to honor my place, and the place of my own disposal. I am simply a vassal to my Goddess after all." A sigh of dissatisfaction with his rolling left wrist.

No more talk, these inferior whelps only probe their words with little to prove worth or intention. With that, and no further words, a simply grace to the step of his heels would have him pass between the boy and Dragon, giving no contact to their judgment.

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]Oh Wurm, I would watch my step if I were you.[/color:2bdowieu]" Another snicker leaving him as he hesitantly stopped, exposing his back to the previous crowd.

"[color=teal:2bdowieu]After all, you might find yourself... skinned and used for a fancy suit, don't put it past us, we Drow find you more of a rare decoration than a suitable company.[/color:2bdowieu]" That right hand raised with the turn of his head, only leaving behind a simply wave and smile as he went back on his way.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"Give me a mine, or longer legs" Is heard as Grondal is alerted again.

Studies the situation carefully, as this clearly is a powerful force of evil, or at least insults.

"The peace will be kept here, this is not business of yours. The council has declared your temple unwelcomed because of your actions. There is not a desire for combat, however should you seek it it shall be answered. Your path is out of the city and the passage though the gates should be soon"

The idea of attacking a guest and a child clearly against the laws and rules of the city and can not be acceptable, no matter what little or great value that followers his goddess being of helpful to the judicial and matron housings issues, clearly is not enough if its followers will not follow city law.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian was [i:20d29834]steamed.[/i:20d29834]

The insults were one thing, but to be openly mocked and then [i:20d29834]dismissed[/i:20d29834] by the arrogant Argent was almost too much for his young pride. Fortunately discipline won out over anger and he took his hand from his sword.

Unfortunately now he had to do something that really galled him. He had to stand up for the silvery wretch.

"Your pardon, Captain," he said. "He made no threats until the very last as you heard, and he did not attack any of us...though he seemed intent on goading us into doing so. He has broken no laws, merely been..annoying." This last word sounded as though Adian had to wrestle it into submission. "...and to expel him from the city for it would not be just.

"With your pardon, Captain, I would have words with our guest. Kinder ones than when I first faced him."
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:783vmyyx]As Assiri peers out from the cover draconic wing and body has provided, and her question comes up to him, he answers but softly, meant for her ears alone, his voice measured in volume and tone, suspecting the Argent one, has the same hearing as other elves,[/i:783vmyyx] "Just being cautious mine thurirl, the pale one there, seems suspicious, if not potentially a threat that deserves a studious eye."

[i:783vmyyx]Then of course there is the attempts to goad him into attack, the insults, the challenges of his honor, and lastly the threat of intention to kill and flay him, to which the little silvery one earns a vicious, threatening growl,[/i:783vmyyx] "I will not be goaded to attacking you with your insults, abominable one. However, nor will you, nor any dog that clings to such Lolthian philosophies of assassinating me, find me easy prey." [i:783vmyyx]As an after thought, he certainly hopes his growl doesn't frighten his new friend, or upset his new neighbors, however while he will take insults and challenges in patient stride, threatening him openly however, is where he evidently draws the line.[/i:783vmyyx]

------------------------------------------------------
[i:783vmyyx]It is a great relief to him, when Grondal speaks up again, the dwarf's comment gaining a grin to soften the dragon's vicious scowl for Argent, musing at the idea of inviting him to his lair, over some good ale, the least he could do for all the troublesome attention he's drawn, and kept the dwarf so busy. The future yet to come however, he listens to Grondal, and while supporting him on wishing the silvery one gone, reluctantly agrees with Adian, if silently. To Agmasek's surprise though, is to hear Adian wishing to speak to him again. Another test? A challenge? He wonders what the young paladin wishes to speak of this time.[/i:783vmyyx]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian stepped before the dragon, once again forcing down the fear and drawing himself up.

"Your actions have proven your quality," he said. "Your first instinct was to protect the young lady, and to warn me. Had your heart been anything other than good-willed, there would have been a hesitation. There was none.

"I do not need the Sight to know a good heart when I see it, Agmasek," he said, meeting the dragon's eyes. "If you will forgive my earlier words, I wish to extend you an invitation to this evenings prayersong. It is not a sight that is easily forgotten, and it stirs the heart no matter how many times you have seen it. You have my word that you will be welcomed there with all honor due you. I shall use all my eloquence, limited though it may be, to ensure it be so. Should a day come that you need my aid in some small way, you will have but to ask.

"I also ask your pardon, Miss Assiri," he said, bowing deeply to the girl. "And I hope that you will not think ill of me. Perhaps you would honor the temple with your presence this evening as well?"
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:2zno5152]Amused, Agmasek watches as Adian more or less puffs himself up, to feign that confidence, and fight down the fear that had gripped his heart in their first encounter. Yet, he himself forces down a smile, taking a serene expression of seriousness, and thoughtfulness. Indeed, the compliments paid him are taken well in stride, and he seems to let them go straight to his head, taking up a steadily more regal posture, until the very end, when he has spoken his apologies to Assiri.

It is then when the dragon draws a slow, intentional breath, then lifts a foot, sliding out a single talon, poised as if to strike, but it comes down gently, to rest on Adian's shoulder, and a big toothy grin shows on Agmasek's face, [/i:2zno5152]"You needn't reach so deep into your stores of courage to confront me anymore, Adian. I see you fit as any dragon to call me your brother. I have measured your courage, among other traits, and found you very honorable, even by draconic standard."[i:2zno5152] He lifts the claw from Adian's shoulder, [/i:2zno5152]"I will be glad to attend the prayersong."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

(Sounds like someone knows teenagers very well.)

Adian had to admit to a possible heart-stoppage when Agmasek lifted his claw, but the moment passed. He smiled and bowed.

"I shall see to it they are ready for you," he said. "Welcome,sir. My Lady."

He turned and left the clearing, feeling much, much better about the whole thing.