Agmasek, the Shadow Dragon...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"My weapon remains held because of the oath you declared," Adian replied, refusing to show the slightest trace of fear--regardless of the rapid increase of his hearbeat or the surge of adrenaline. "And I choose not to issue my challenge under force of arms. But I know nothing of you, your honor, or your loyalties. You are welcome in this city as the guard has opened the gates to you. Those who are precious to me lay ahead, and I will ensure their safety regardless.

"You will not be rendering yourself vulnerable to any combat or treachery," he added. "But I will have the truth of this before I step aside. Your power makes the Sight difficult, but with your assent I can see if your heart and words are pure. If so then you shall not be troubled farther.

He changed his stance, shifting from a splayed aggressive pose to a more neutral one with his hands remaining at his sides.

"If you seek proof of my sincerity then I shall provide it," he said. "Though I am loath to do so for reasons that would be plain if I do. But I will not move from this spot until I have your assent or refusal."

Not that he had the slightest idea what to do if the dragon did refuse. If it were indeed as benign as it claimed, he had little to fear. If it was not...then Adian put his life in the hands of the goddess.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Pearly white teeth seize her bottom lip as she narrows her eyes in annoyance at the teenager in front of her. Her brow creases as she crosses her slender arms over her chest, calling out in a less-than-happy tone, "Leave him alone! Faine said he could come and play!"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Adian, The discord atracting the attention of the watch, a captain, Grondal the drawf, walks up to you and reaches to slap you in the face..

"The beast is to pass or you can choose to serve the Datk Maiden outside the walls. It is my duty to defend those in these walls, yours are the temple or outside the city."

Agmasek, The well armed and armored drawf bows head slightly to you* Dragon, you have the protection of the Watch." What is unsiad but you might sense is you have the danger of the Watch as well. "go and play in the park with Assiri"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian ground his teeth silently but accepted the reprimand.

[i:1g0jlktn]Naturally someone did not tell the Guard of the Test of Patience...[/i:1g0jlktn]

He bowed and obediently stepped aside.

"At the Temple," Adian said. "We will meet again."

[i:1g0jlktn]A few more seconds and he would have passed...[/i:1g0jlktn]
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:l1t654eh]The dragon lies there, listening to the boy before him carry on, while again enjoying the acuity of his senses. While Adian shows no outward displays of his tension or perhaps fear, noticable by humanoid senses, the dragon smells it on the air, and even flicks out his tongue, snake-like to confirm the 'scent' of fear. while he does not show any aggression, his gaze takes on a knowing confidence. A gaze that might tear aside the courage that he can tell is being summoned up.

When the Adian is done speaking, Agmasek smiles,[/i:l1t654eh]"You have my praises, young sir, it is no small feat, to face a dragon, uncertain of its intentions, heart racing with fear, and hold your ground without even --"

[i:l1t654eh]His commendations are broken off before he can get around to still arguing the impropriety of blocking his way, when Grondal appears, delivering slap and reprimands. To this an eyeridge raises, seemingly quite impressed, and he tastes the air again, remembering this dwarf by sight and scent. He then regards the departing Adian, but finds no words more appropriate than an agreeing nod.

No longer detained, he rises up from where he lay, and uses his wings to gently pin Assiri's legs against the sides of his neck, since he's not properly saddled for riding, and ventures forth, commenting,[/i:l1t654eh] "Don't be too angry. He is not unlike a young dragon, protecting the clan. I respect his motives, and if the bards ever sing of me, I will see to it his name is honored as well. He just had poor timing."
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She sticks out her lower lip and frowns as he comments, "He was so rude to you. I can't have anyone being rude to my new friend."

Although Agmasek's wings keep her in place, the ride is still slightly jolting. She gently rests her hand against his neck, pushing down just a little to hold her balance.

"Where have you come from?"

Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

Grondal watchs as the two children depart the confrontation that could have occured.

He also departs the seen returning to his duties. One of which now include watching reports of the Dragon, others with longer legs wll provide information, his duty is to direct the legs.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian could have wept with relief when he reached the comforting haven of the temple. He had heard tales of mortals meeting with dragons, but none of those tales could possibly have prepared him for facing the real thing.

And now he would have to do so again. [i:9qygqzj2]Alone[/i:9qygqzj2].

The Handmaidens had been kind but firm when they heard his report. The dragon had to be tested, and for whatever reason they had decided Adian was the one to do it...no objections allowed.

Not that Adian would ever object to a command from the Sisters. Lady Veladorn had told him that his temporary presence here was to be an education, and to obey the Sisters. He wondered whether she had known about this, though.
Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:29l9z99i]Agmasek chuckles softly, glad to be such a valued friend so soon, and gladder still that the harsh Underdark has not left children so world-weary as to lose their innocent sense of trust, even when faced with a dragon. Confused though, he cants his head and peers side-ways over his shoulder,[/i:29l9z99i] "Come from? Well, like most ordinary Shadow Dragons, my egg was laid and abandoned, but coincidentally found by a drow woman who took my egg in secret and raised me as her son. I can barely imagine now how difficult it must have been to keep me hidden, in a city so frought with suspicion. Had she been found out, someone might have thought it was a bid for power. Before I grew too old for her to hide anymore, she sent me away to learn to live on my own, as a dragon ought, and spent a long time in the wilds beyond these walls, growing up and learning to survive on my own."

[i:29l9z99i]That much said, he grows silent, wondering if that's sufficient. On another thought, he can't help but feel some sense of how everyone is watching him, and half-wishes he could have a chance to protect a few of his new neighbors from danger. At least it may prove he's not in league with one of their known enemies.[/i:29l9z99i]
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

Her gaze softens slightly as he mentions is "mother".

"I miss my mother," she says sadly, looking away. Her eyes water as tears threaten to overcome her, but she blinks them away, her false smile seeming somewhat like a grimace. She seems, now, much older than she is, much older than she acts.

She looks down at the dragon, eager to change subject, "Were you bought up in the Underdark?" She doesn't need to fake her interest as she mentions the grounds below, her eyes alight with curiosity.

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:kdf5s21p]With a flick of his tongue, and a bob of his head, the dragon looks away and into the distance ahead of him and croons,[/i:kdf5s21p] "As do I." [i:kdf5s21p]He continues on awhile longer, pretending not to notice the tears that had threatened to show. and when the topic changes, he chuckles merrily, his laughter almost booming in volume, sure to echo its way back to Grondal's hearing, it is a short burst of laughter, and then comes his reply,[/i:kdf5s21p] "Indeed I was. I doubt I could have survived so long among the sunlight, without the shadows to protect me. What of you, mine thurirl? Were you born down here?"[i:kdf5s21p]Indeed a slip of the tongue, and the last word is in draconic, its meaning carrying more weight to him, than its Common equivalent.

Waiting for her answer, he continues to walk, wondering where her park is. Though he enjoys the chat, and looks forward to playing awhile, he is also a little anxious to find a suitable lair, preferably within the city. Parks, he figures, sometimes have caves.[/i:kdf5s21p]
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She shrugs, staring up at the stony ceiling, "I think so. Faine always said something about mother and fathe rocming here, but from where, I do not know."

"Have you ever been above?"

They reach a large opening, versions of Underdark grass and tall fungi grow throughout the vast cavern, and many caves dot its outer walls. Letting out an excited shriek, she leaps off the dragon, not bothering to wait for him to stop, and runs off into the large area, turning around. "Here!"

Agmasek
Maid
Maid

Post by Agmasek »

[i:2htuvhhz]The dragon's casual pace continues, until those caves begin to come into view, and even then, his eager strides never ascend into a trot,[/i:2htuvhhz] "No I can't say I've ever been above. Perhaps someday I will."

[i:2htuvhhz]When Assiri dismounts and runs ahead though, his pace picks up quickly. It doesn't take much for his longer strides for him to match hers, but he is also concerned about the many caves there are to see, knowing full well how beasts like umberhulks and beholders tend to dwell in them too.

He stops a few strides short of her, and puffs a soft warm breath over her,[/i:2htuvhhz] "It's a beautiful place indeed, and it looks like I may be able to find a lair with a good view of this spot."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian watched the pair from a distance. He was not to confront the dragon again until it came to the temple, which it was certain to do whether its claims about itself were true or not. So he maintained a respectable distance from the dragon and the girl.
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

"I want to come with you, as well! I've always dreamed of going up there." She turns and raises her head to the ceiling, a dreamy look passing over her face. After a few moments, she turns around again and smiles, clearly proud of having shown the dragon her favourite place and pleased that he was thinking of living here.

"If you can live here, then that means we can play all the time, right?" She steps closer to the dragon as he moves to her, laying a hand on his leg and looking up at his reptilian face. "I can come here early in the morning! And then we can play all day!"

The young Drow clearly doesn't seem to have many friends, or any worries about chores to do. She seems more interested in what she can do with her new friend.