Agmasek, the Shadow Dragon...

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Agmasek, the Shadow Dragon...

Post by Agmasek » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:44 pm

[i:2wnjqint]A large, old shadow dragon, strides toward the gates, showing no intent of attack, wielding no spells, and not accompanied by any entourage of thugs. Alone, and peacefull, he speaks:[/i:2wnjqint]


Greetings, little ones, please do not fear. I ask welcome entry into your city, and temple. I am not your enemy, upon my blood and honor, I swear this be truth, as well as the truths I have yet to tell. As is common for my kin, my egg was abandoned too, but one of your own did find me unhatched, and raised me. Time came for me to leave, and learn to survive on my own, that I would not draw undue attention to my 'adoptive mother', nor become a burden upon the food stores of a city unaware of my presence. I realize, I may have outlived her since, but home I wish to return, and to pray in the temple, of our shared goddess.

[i:2wnjqint]His introduction spoken, and requests made, he sits, awaiting a people he would call friend, for their welcome. He has given a blood-honor oath, so surely if he's a dragon worthy of his blood, his truths are surely unquestionable. [/i:2wnjqint]

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Many gather at the gate, some with uncertainty on their faces. From the growing crowd, a little child rushes through, her face alight with eagerness as she runs to the shadow dragon, placing a hand on its foot with little bother for any proper protocol.

"Will you play with me?"

Her ebon cheeks are pale from the slight chill of the morning, and her crimson irises glimmer with undiminished curiosity and hope of finding a new friend. Snow white hair falls down to her waist, tinged silver at the tips and scalp. Peeking beneath her thick hair, two pointed ears show. She seems to have seen much fewer winters than any gathered around him, their faces frozen with surprise at her boldness.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Agmasek » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:32 am

[i:389zouzv]Patient, and understanding of the wariness he is met with, this dragon too is wary, for fear as the crowd grows, there might be an unseen slayer, meaning to strike him while he has left himself somewhat vulnerable. So long as he has not been met with violence or rejection however, he holds his ground.

He is, frankly caught by surprise when it is a child who first appraoches him, but lowers his head, and sweeps his wings forward and partly around her, protectively, and croons to her:[/i:389zouzv]

"Fair, young one, I shall be glad to, with the approval of your parents, of course."

[i:389zouzv]He turns his gaze slightly upward then, trying to spy out the appropriate parent or parents, for his new friend.[/i:389zouzv]

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Bhaern Quel » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:42 am

Seeing the child envelped in wings of the dragon, Fellana becomes more alert. The beast says it came in peace, but so did the last batch of Lolthians that claimed they gave up the spider queen. Many died unneeded that day, though some deserved death. From her position in a tree, draws an arrow to her bow. Aiming toward the eye of the beast. If the creature was to kill the child, being half blinded would reduce deaths of the rest of the Chosen.

"Dark Maiden, I know you gave up the bow, please guide my arrow cleanly should the need become clear" A soft spoken, but well felt pray to her deity.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:28 pm

"I am her guardian."

A tall drow steps forwards, her hair shimmering silver as she moved to see the dragon better. Her main weapon seems to be a broadsword resting against her hip, and a slender hand lies atop its hilt as her eyes narrow at him. She places her gaze on the child, speaking out Fellana's doubts, doubts that ran in the mind of many.

"Although we may trust easily, that has been exploited in the past. You cannot hope to walk in here with our full trust. We cannot let that happen again." she closes her eyes for a moment, then sighs softly, "But Eilistraee says to welcome any with open arms. You are, therefore, welcome here - though do not expect our full trust until it is known without doubt that we can trust you."

She looks back at the child again, the corners of her lips turning downwards slightly as the child wraps her arms around the dragon's limb and smiles happily.

"Assiri seems to like you ... you will be watched to ensure no harm comes to the child, b-"

She is interrupted by the loud squeal of Assiri, who jumps up and down happily, ignoring the others' discomfort and her caretaker's annoyance. "Come! We'll play!"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Agmasek » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:30 am

[i:3450g39s]Wings relax, his head lifts, the dragon passive despite the stares and in some cases drawn weapons. He knows he means well, and likewise has naught to fear if these people are trully who they claim. To the lady that approaches, he offers a dip of his head, taking good measure of the inclination, to show both respect and an understanding of his respective status as a male.

He listens to the warnings, and terms by which he might be allowed entry, to the warnings concerning the safety of a child, and at last to the delighted squeals of the girl, which cause him to rumble deep in his chest with a rolling thunder of mirthfull laughter. Finally he responds:[/i:3450g39s]

"Vendui, jallil ilythiiri. I do not expect any of you to trust me so openly, for as the Lolthians have pointed out, it is better to stab your enemy in the back, than engage in combat. In truth, my own trust is uneasy as well. I am in fact pleased those I would call neighbors, are not so easily tricked. As for your Assiri, worry not, she will be safe with me. And if any beast or person should threaten her, they shall have me to deal with."

[i:3450g39s]Down he looks upon the child hugging his leg, a nostalgic memory now unfolding, when he was a whelp, hugging the leg of an adoptive mother.[/i:3450g39s]

"By your leave, Guardian of Assiri, may I enter, and go play?"

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Bhaern Quel » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:10 am

As Arya (? is that name of character, I use many names) acepts the the Dargon voicing her own concerns about what one says and what one will do, easies the drawn arrow. It tires one to hold an arrow ready and Assiri appears to be still safe and not in danger. The arrow for bow though held as opposed to being replaced into quiver. Play inside the temple does cause abit of alarm in mind.

OCC: It would be useful to know how big dragon is and how big you anticipate the temple is.

IC: Fellana worries some about the visitor about being out of sight, should it enter the protection of the walls. Non can even aim for something one can not see. She for now waits to see what occurs next.

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Agmasek » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:39 am

OOC: I am running some rough estimates here due to lack of any exact size charts for Shadows, but on the smallish side of large, approx. 5 feet at the shoulders, 8 feet long in the neck, overall length, approximately 30 feet, 4 foot body width, and 75 foot max. wingspan, not that it matters much indoors, except for concealment. Will weigh in at roughly 2,000 pounds. As for size of the temple, I'd expect it to have a minimal ammount of grandeur to it, being a temple, some vaulted ceilings or the like. Worst case, requiring ducking through doorawys, and taking extra care not to run into things. If it is however larger than that, just as well.[/i]

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:01 pm

{That makes sense =P sorry about that - I'll just make the city roads a little larger than usual so that it won't be much of a problem ...}

Faine's hardened expression softens slightly as she looks at Assiri. She turns to the rest.

"We have work to do, come, let us move so that the newcomer may enter."

With that, she walks past the open gates and through the streets. Once hidden, however, she makes for Assiri's place, knowing where Assiri would take the dragon. Despite her claims, she was't about to let her best friend's cihld walk into some unknown danger.

Assiri lets out a squeal and runs after Faine, entering the city and looking back, "Come! It's this way!"

Although the streets are seem narrow, they are large enough for the dragon to pass through without touching anything.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Agmasek » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:21 am

[i:m0t9vlp4] Agmasek pulls back his wings in full, furling them again, as it is announced that he may pass, and his lowered snout nuzzles against Assiri gently, musing at the irony of having once been a child, hugging the leg of a drow woman, and now he is grown, and a drow girl hugs his leg.

Happy memories return, longing for the adoptive mother who had the courage to take and adopt his unhatched egg. Before the longing can turn to sorrow though, his attention is brought back to the here and now, at Assiri's delighted squeal.

He waits a second, then sets for in a casual strolling stride, to keep pace with his new friend. Enjoying the natural vacuity of draconic vision, Faine's sneakingdoesn't go unnoticed, lest she use something more substantial than shadows to hide behind.

Regardless, he follows Assiri, with a warm smile, and pauses to offer greetings and pleasantries, as appropriate to the ofther denizens of the city, as is appropriate, when coming among them along the streets.

Not long in following Assiri, he offers,[/i:m0t9vlp4] "Assiri, would you like to ride on my back and guide me?"

[i:m0t9vlp4] He's quite serious it would seem, and even lies down, positioning a foreleg so it's easier to climb on. Surely in the many hundreds of texts to litter the realms telling stories of dragons, rare is the tale in which one allows a humanoid of any race to ride about on its back so casually.[/i:m0t9vlp4]

Bhaern Quel
Demigod
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:32 pm

Post by Bhaern Quel » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:15 am

Fellana for now remains at her post, for who knows whom else might come to vist. In a few hours it will be her time to enter the city.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Post by Adian Novar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:56 am

[i:lurhahbr]"Hold."[/i:lurhahbr]

A small figure stood directly in the path of the dragon. A young Drow male, just on the inner edge of adulthood stood barring the way. He wore a suit of finely-woven mail and on his back was strapped a bastard sword, the traditional weapon of the Dark Maiden. Over the mail was a white tabard with the image of Eilistreaee upon it. He faced the Shadow Dragon without a trace of fear on his young face, his hands at his side but his stance resolute.

http://avatar86.deviantart.com/art/Conf ... -104560789

"You claim that you come to worship the Dark maiden and that may be so," he said in his soft tenor. "But whether it be so or not, you will face the challenge of one of her guardians.

"The lady has granted me the Sight that I may see darkness within the hearts of those around me. I call upon you to submit to it. If you be true, then I shall personally escort you to the temple. If you are not..."

Adian let the sentence hang there. In truth he was nowhere nearly mighty enough to withstand the power of a dragon for more than a few seconds, and he knew it very well. Nevertheless, the dragon would have to face him before he arrived at any of the places of worship. His oath demanded no less.

User avatar
Arya Baenre
Resident
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:57 am
Contact:

Post by Arya Baenre » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:23 pm

{OOC: Is that your deviantart, Adian? =D It's an awesome picture!}

IC:

She stops and turns to stare at Agamsek as he offers to let her ride on him. Smiling, and not really knowing that it was rare, she grabbed ahold of his foot, leaping into the air and settling over his shoulders. She reaches down and grasps his neck for a moment in a hug, and then leans back.

As a different Drow addresses the dragon, the impatient young Drow female frowns and calls out, "Move, Adian{OOC: That's who he is, right?}! We're going to play!"
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.


Your hair is pretty like a tree.

User avatar
Adian Novar
Champion
Posts: 796
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:41 pm

Post by Adian Novar » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:30 pm

(OOC: *Bows* I've got a few other sketches of Adian there too...costume designs and a short series of comic-like pages.)

Adian blinked, and the deadly serious expression on his face shifted immediately to almost comical astonishment. Suddenly the serious palidin was brieflly replaced by an ordinary if handsome, confused teenager.

He recovered quickly, though.

"Your pardon, child," he said. "But my challenge remains. I would know your companion's heart before he reaches the temple grounds."

[i:2wdciced]That was much better.[/i:2wdciced]

Agmasek
Traveler
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by Agmasek » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:57 pm

OOC: Yay! the first portrait of me.

[i:1mz842ux]Agmasek does well and his best to contain his outrage and anger, for despite his childhood upbringing, he's still a dragon even in the proper psychology of one. That anger flares for but a second, faint snarls and a furious glare boring into Adian, as if the dragon might attack him outright, but honorbound as he is, he refrains, questioning the boy:[/i:1mz842ux]

"You do realize I have sworn an oath of honor, to speak the truth, before I stated who I am, and my intentions? Do you realize subjecting me to this challenge is nothing short of a grave insult, and were I not honorbound to stay my claw, you risk your very life insulting a dragon without the good sense to draw your weapon first? All that aside, little male, I believe the young lady is your social superior, so I propose you allow us to go play, and when I travel to the temple, then you may test the value of my honor-oath."

[i:1mz842ux]His part said, he awaits the young paladin's reply. He would hope the boy is as skilled with diplomacy as he is with summoning the courage to face an adult dragon, though fully well expects an attack, knowing well how impulsive and easily angered juvenile males of any species are, especially when females are watching.[/i:1mz842ux]

Post Reply