Prologue

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

{{Just a heads up ... I'll be away for a week or two. I know how very [i:13u356z5] sad[/i:13u356z5] you'll be, but I'll come back. ;) So don't wait for me - I'll re-insert myself somewhere. }}

One eyebrow rose before he could stop it as the knight introduced himself to the village while lying down in the middle of the street. The little he knew of Torm and his followers did not include the term 'drunkards' - he certainly would have joined, if it had, he reflected.

He stepped back a little as Talwyn approached him and the few guards arrayed behind, holding more alcohol in his hands. He wasn't really that close, but the smell of drink was strong.

Two of the guards reached for the bottles, and, wrinkling his nose, Dannil took one as well, "Were you devoted enough to start this before he won as well, I wonder?" He hadn't meant to say it out loud, but he figured there was nothing wrong with asking once he had.

He glanced at the group as they left the inn, making a note of where they were headed, nodding at Zarae as she looked back. He recognized the one that lead them as the man he had pushed past on the way. The guards gave him the kind of respect a priest would gather in these parts, although he hadn't seen one building worthy of any worship in this village yet.

One of the guards uncorked his bottle, took a swig, and clapped Talwyn heavily on the back. "Good man, eh!" he roared. This clearly wasn't the first drink he'd had, either. "If every one o' them good deities had a dozen followers like yeh, there'd be none o' them bad ones out there, eh?!" Dannil couldn't see any connection there, but kept silent, deciding that it wouldn't hurt to open his own bottle in the mean time. "Thank Torm ye came 'ere when y'did. The men're at low heart since this morn' ... what with the Drow and all." his voice had dropped a little, and a slightly serious edge lined his comments, quickly removed as he took another swig, waving his arm around, and narrowly missing the heads of everyone standing near him, proceeded to give thanks to Torm and every other deity he could possibly think of. "Let's celebrate happily, eh?!" Taking another large swig that lasted for a few seconds this time - and emptying the bottle by about half - he turned a full circle, raised his bottle in the air, and yelled happily, followed by a few others.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
Talwyn Aureliano
Lord||Lady

Post by Talwyn Aureliano »

OOC: the 15th of Marpenth is the date of the True Resurection and over that period of 24 hours [a day and a night] Tormtar set aside laws and the normal [strict] code of conuct to engage in a joyful revels & celebration of the resurection of Torm. Most take the opportunity to shock others by speaking and behaving freely or by enjoying sensual pleasures to excess 8)
Some use this time though as an opportunity to act OUTSIDE the law in order to enact justice or vengence on those that the law would normally protect. Tormtar suffer no penalty [ie lose paladinhood] for engaging in vigilantism or any other excessive behaviour on this one day.

Anyone with the proficency of religeon would know this ;)
I've made this day the 15th of Marpenoth :p
IC:

Talwyn grinned faintly as the guards took up the offered bottles and began to drink and toast to Torms health.

"Well me fine friends, there will be more like me...mark my words! Torm True Church is a growing church and welcomes all who would embrace the blessing of the True God," Talwyn quipped with a cheerful tone. Turning to Dannil, "And since yer being blunt, I'll return the favour. I started after midnight in celebration of Torms victory over the Black tyrant Bane. But to suggest that I'm a drunkard and wastrel all the time is offering insult to someone you know nothing of. I can forgive that because how was I to know that you were ignorant of the festival and doesn't know when to watch what he says and who he says it too," he said with a casual smile and wave of dismissal as though he wasn't at all concerned.

He paused and took another swig from a bottle of mead.

"Anyway...enjoy the wine and whatnot. Say...what is the name of this place then eh? I have no idea where I am at the moment."
In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill.

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((his hoof went thru the floorboard...lol...gotta deal with some personal business))

The guards seamed dumbfounded. The captain eyed the priest, still ticked. "I was told to bring them to you. But i would be careful old man. You may be the town spiritual leader, but this is my town and i will run it as i always have. I am responsible to these people, and i will not stand to have a drow in my city. finish your business with her and get her out."
He and the rest of the guards walked off. Zarae looked back as they departed then to Lance and the centaur. She couldnt see Dannil or the drunk looking guy any more. She turned back to the brown cloaked priest as he led them into the temple whoever they worshiped.
Zarae followed, knowing that her chances to escape were getting fewer. She threw back her cowl and let her waist length red streaked silver hair fall down around her. Her obsidian skin such a contrast to everyone else; the whole reason they were in this mess to begin with. Her eyes shifted back twords maroon. she hadnt even been able to warn the village of the drow that hunted her. she played with her hair as she waited for the priest's response.
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

"I will need to do something about that Captain I see"

Zarae looks to you. "My child welcome to the Festival, it appears some of the other children have treated you unkindly. All the children that come are under my protection, those that destroy though must be weeded out." Looks toward the departing Captain. "You may call me Father or Weed Eater as your beliefs permit. My friends do just call me Weed and I would be honored to be considered your friend"

He looks at the others of the gathered group, the guards and Zarae's companions to see if they wish to speak.

((Hey, I thought you wanted to guess? *G*))
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Ra'Sona drew back his bow, minus an arrow, and sighted at the back of the retreating guard captain. "Thokk. One down." He glared as he spoke, imagining the arrow that might have been nocked striking the captain right in the back of the neck and sending him to the floor to bleed out into the ground, then snorted and turned his head to focus his glare on the priest. "And I require no protection, nor do I accept any that is given so arbitrarily. If I wish aid I will ask it of you, until then keep your dogmatic favours to yourself." He let the bow slacken again, it was very bad for them if you let them go with no arrow set on the string. "I keep my peace as long as I keep my patience. Do not patronise me."

He looked out around the stalls again, and looked to Zarae as she decided to negate any possibility of subtlety, walking with the others to the temple. "So, when does the trouble start, Miss Drow?" He was watching the streets and stalls intently for signs of anything unusual or out of place. "Soon, I hope. Another day here in this earth-shod mess of a place is not a welcome prospect." He sounded like he was joking, but the way he was looking at her she could tall he meant it. A rather insulting assumption that she was brining trouble just because she was Drow, even if he [i:c7dja4c7]was [/i:c7dja4c7]completely right.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Just move on and maybe they'll catch up?))
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((i'm gunna assume lance had to step out and something came up with dannil for now...))

"trouble? what makes you think I'm trouble?" she says with a bit of light sarcasm. "oh yeah, black skin," she says, continuing the jest.
she see something up with Lance as he walks away (phone call? ...lol)
she turns to the cleric and nod. "Vendui Weed. yall sent for me I assume because of the trouble my appearance has brung?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Bhaern Quel
Demigod

Post by Bhaern Quel »

((I forgot about this one ))

Zarae looks to you with kind eyes."There is no trouble here for you, there might be some for that Captain. There yes are some that do nood like differences, however that is their problem not yours. You and your party are under my protection" Raises hand to try to forestall your objection that you do not need protection. "I mean no insult to you and your friends. A statement of my protection is for those that live here, that more will accept your presence without fear or distrust. It is not prefect for your visit, but should make your visit here less a problem."