A Return to Faerun from Elben Aator

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Resker did indeed have visitors. Those who looked would see the old farmer stumping out to meet a small group at the edge of his property. Though distance made it difficult to see details, it was clear that most of the visitors were dwarves.

Resker, however, did not appear to be particularly happy to see them. Words were exchanged and quickly became heated. Finally the old dwarf scooped up a rock and hurled it at one of the dwarves in the group. Without waiting for a response he turned away and walked back towards his farmhouse. The visitors remained where they were for a few moments, then moved on.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Laraun stood at the door, leaning on the frame, "Whats the matter ol dwarf, have a falling out with your clan?" He laughed.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

It was probably fortunate that the incident took place out of general earshot, at the edge of the property. Adian, however, stared at Laraun with a startled expression.

It was not long afterward that Resker's roaring voice was audable from behind the farmhouse.

"Soup's on!"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Whats the matter, Adian?" Laraun asked, "Was that a bad thing to say?" He chuckled, "Learn to have some fun, eh?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I am perfectly willing to tease my brothers and sisters," Adian said. "But I do not wish to antagonize my elders...and Resker qualifies. You may have a point, though."
silke_rahn
Regular

Post by silke_rahn »

"You are correct my young brother, you should only tease and jest with your elders when and only when you know that they will not take offense by it. Also you need to be careful not to offend with the jest or tease," said Nedylene smiling.
Drow on the Surface face as many dangers as those in the Underdark. Just because the Rivvil is friendly does not mean he wishes to help you, he may just want to get you off guard before knifing you.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Laraun just waved his hand, "Bah, jest is jest, and the dwarves deserve nothing but my-" Suddenly his mouth clamped shut, and he stiffly marched out of the room. Through all of this, Zazzt had a very innocent expression on his face.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian, of course, missed it entirely.

"His mood seems very erratic today," he noted.

A short, work-hardened human male appeared in the doorway of the barn, a genial smile on his face.

"Ladies an' gents...gentlemen," he said, trying to sound formal but not quite making it. "Goodman Resker's table's...er...awaits you."

He grinned even wider, aware that his attempt at sophistication only enhanced his rustic background.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"If you ever wish to control yourself, first start with your emotions." Zazzt said, walking past Adian, "And when it comes to dwarves, only removal seems to control that one best."

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The single table was nearly as long as the farmhouse itself, with a cooking pit at one end and barrels of ale, beer, and water at the other. The table was made of hardwoodheld together with metal bolts. Ceramic plates were already set out with simple and large cups, one for each guest. Along the length of the table were generous bowls of salad and a scattering of meat orderings for guests to serve themselves with. Some of them had been specifically tailored for the drow palate...fungi and a sprinkling of underworld meats. Where Resker had gotten them remained unknown, but the rangers in the group would be aware that the fungi and meats had been cultivated quite close to the surface world.

The handful of farmhands was comprised of men and dwarves, all with calloused hands, strong arms, and sun-darkened skin. They remained politely standing near the two ends of the table, ready to start serving once everyone was seated.

Standing alongside the head of the table was Resker. The dirt had been scrubbed away and he had changed into slightly more formal clothing...a worn-looking tunic and leather vest, capped with a hat whose finer days were past but still held on to some token formality. The grumpy farmer had given way to generous host.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at the table, laden with food, and the aroma of it was amazing, "My good friend Resker, the Matrons could not have thrown a better feast for Lolth, curse her name." With that he sat down, and waited for the others to join him.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Never mind curs'n her name," Resker replied. "Have at 'er with a flyswatter.

"As ye can see," he said. "Yer kin have been good t' me. S' only right I return the favor to ye."

He remained standing as the others arrived, bowing slightly to Nedylene when she arrived.

"Ladies," he said, courtesy coming oddly in his rough voice. "Welcome an' please enjoy my table. It's an honor to have ye, no mistaking it."

When Adian arrived he also remained standing until the women seated themselves.

"Sit down, lad," Resker barked. "Yer a guest here too!"

Adian, startled, sat near Zazzt.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Oh come now, don't tell me that this is the first time you have been invited by Resker to dine at his table?" Zazzt asked, chuckling. He stood up, snapping his fingers, and a bottle of elven wine, along with a flagon of mead, appeared, "Consider it a way of expressing gratitude," He said, tossing Resker the flagon, "That flagon will not run dry for many a moon, and the mead from it will be very heady indeed. The wine, well, not all of us are born with a dwarf's constitution." Zazzt said, sitting down.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

The fact that the question was rhetorical went sailing right over Adian's head.

"I have," he said, a little defensively. "I just thought that...I should follow his lead and let the women sit first."

Resker, meanwhile, caught the flagon and the bottle (one handed, naturally) with a grin.

"Leas' ye know how to get on a dwarf's good side," he said. "Thank ye, lad."

Adian felt a brief stab of jealousy. He had no gift beyond the coin that had been shoved into his hands when he had first set out, and Resker had been insulted when he had tried to give some to the old farmer.

A moment later he was ahshamed of himself for that brief weakness.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, "Well, I did learn from the best," He said, indicating Adian. "But in any case, tis the least I could do to compensate you for this feast. Perhaps tomorrow I could go out into the field, and help there, if we have not left by then."

Zyeke